Surprise! The aloof CEO is ac...

By UnePetiteFleurNoire

Xia Huai Zhi had the appearance of a top-tier sweet girl, but at the age of 16, she unexpectedly presented as... More

Full Description
Related works
Chapter 1 Reunion
Chapter 3 Dawn Breaks
Chapter 4 Dreamland
Chapter 5: Lychee
Chapter 6 Truth
Chapter 7: Teasing Him
Chapter 8: Issuing Cards
Chapter 9: Accident
Chapter 10 Awkwardness
Chapter 11: Patting the Head
Chapter 12: Joyful
Chapter 13: Holding Hands
Chapter 14: Teasing.
Chapter 15: Difficult to Marry
Chapter 16: Irritable
Chapter 17 Conjecture
Chapter 18 Terrifying
Chapter 19: Cut Off
Chapter 20 White Rabbit
Chapter 21: Enchantment
Chapter 22 Decision
Chapter 23 In the Rain
Chapter 24: Jealousy
Chapter 25: Hooked
Chapter 26 Drunkard
Chapter 27: Villains
Chapter 28: Peppermint
Chapter 29 Suppression
Chapter 30: Marking
Chapter 31: Hit You
Chapter 32 New Year's Eve
Chapter 33 Warning
Chapter 34 Ignition
Chapter 35 Bullying (Part 1)
Chapter 36 Biting People (Second Update)
Chapter 37: Diamond Ring
Chapter 38 Relaxation
Chapter 39 Disappearance
Chapter 40 Plunder
Chapter 41: Past Events
Chapter 42 Reunion
Chapter 43 Learning
Chapter 44: Deep Affection
Chapter 45 Courage
Chapter 46: Pregnancy
Chapter 47: At the Edge of the Abyss
Chapter 48: Crowd
Chapter 49: Heavy Rain
Chapter 50: Going Home

Chapter 2 Danger

227 3 0
By UnePetiteFleurNoire

"Yes."

Fu Lin answered the question calmly and then turned around.

Xia Huai Zhi had already prepared herself for not getting an answer, but she didn't expect him to actually tell her, and it was the result she wanted.

She was overjoyed, and the smile on her lips instantly widened as she excitedly said, "That's great!"

Then she saw--

Fu Lin's footsteps paused for a moment, as if he was about to turn around again the next second, but he didn't.

After watching him get on the car and leave, Xia Huai Zhi withdrew her gaze and rubbed her slightly sore lips from smiling too much.

This was only the beginning.

There would definitely be more things that would make her happy in the future.

"Qingqing, can you see the patch on the back of my neck now?"Li Qing leaned over to take a look, but couldn't see any trace of the patch, only Xia Huai Zhi's soft and smooth long hair.

"I can't see it, not at all."

"That's good."

Because the pheromone intensity was too high, Xia Huai Zhi had to wear the suppressive patch all the time, otherwise it would be a disaster for the Omega and Alpha around her.

Curiously, Li Qing asked, "Why are you suddenly concerned about this?"

"Because. . ."

Xia Huai Zhi didn't intend to hide anything, "The person I want to pursue is an Alpha."

Li Qing hesitated to speak, looking complicated.

From her expression, Xia Huai Zhi could probably guess what she was thinking.

"I don't plan to deceive him, I just want to tactically blur my gender to avoid any preconceived resistance he might have towards me. When the time is right, I will confess proactively, and it depends on whether he can accept it or not. "Li Qing shook her head, "That's not what I meant. I was just thinking. . . if you, as a top Alpha, were with another Alpha, would you fight because of pheromone incompatibility?"

"It shouldn't happen, right?"

Xia Huaizhi looked at Li Qing, "We've been living in the same dormitory for half a month, and we haven't fought, have we?"

"Aren't you always wearing suppressants? Do you still wear them when you do that? Do both of you wear them?"

"Wearing them seems to work too."

Although she had no experience in that area, she knew that it didn't seem necessary to use the neck.

"Okay."

Li Qing knew that there was no need to say more about this matter, so she changed the subject, "By the way, I was planning to go to the movies with my boyfriend tomorrow, but something urgent came up at his house, so we can't go. I plan to go with him next weekend, and I'll give you the two tickets for tomorrow. You can invite your crush to go with you."

After receiving the two movie tickets, Xia Huaizhi realized that she didn't have Fu Lin's contact information and didn't know how to invite him.

She should have asked for his WeChat earlier. . .

Unfortunately, there weren't many "if only I had known" moments, so she had to go to the movies alone.

The weather was good today, perfect for shopping, so she left two hours before the movie started.

She bought a stick of cotton candy on the pedestrian street and planned to find a place to sit and eat.

Unfortunately, some bad luck struck, and a sudden downpour almost instantly ruined her cotton candy.

In a hurry, she had to run to the nearest eaves to take shelter from the rain.

The rain made the city blurry and brought a chilling cold. Xia Huai Zhi was wearing a short skirt, and almost her entire thigh was exposed. She regretted it now.

She stomped her feet slightly, trying to dispel some of the cold and making a "sizzle" sound on the wet ground.

No one had accepted her order on the ride-hailing platform, so she decided to cancel it.

It was too cold, so she decided to run to the cinema in the rain. After all, she had a good constitution and wouldn't catch a cold easily.

Just then--Ding Ling.

Someone opened the door of the café behind her, causing the wind chimes on the door handle to ring. The sound was crisp and pleasant, and for a moment it drowned out the noisy rain.

"Take it."

When Xia Huaizhi heard these two words, her heart skipped a beat.

Could it be him?

A black long-handled umbrella was handed to her by a hand wearing a silver wristwatch. She didn't rush to take it, her gaze continued upward.

It really was him!

At this moment, Xia Huaizhi's world cleared up after the rain. The noisy sound of the rain disappeared completely, and now she could only hear the sound of her own heartbeat.

How could she not be excited?

When her cotton candy was destroyed, when she felt like the unluckiest person in the world. Something more exciting than cotton candy appeared.

The rain came and went quickly.

Fu Lin came out of the coffee shop carrying his laptop bag and saw the wet rabbit still standing outside with his umbrella.

"Why haven't you left?"

Xia Huaizhi knew she looked a little disheveled, but still lifted her head and said, "I was going to leave, but then I suddenly thought. . . if I took your umbrella, you wouldn't have one to use."

"So I came back to wait for you."

Fu Lin's tone was a bit helpless, "The rain has stopped now."

"Hmm, I was waiting and then the rain stopped."

Xia Huaizhi took out a movie ticket from her pocket and handed it to Fu Lin along with the umbrella, "So, let me treat you to a movie, senior."

Three seconds passed and Fu Lin didn't take it. Xia Huai Zhi decided not to make things difficult for Fu Lin, so she decided to give up and take back the movie ticket.

Suddenly, when she heard a "good" sound, she even suspected that she was having an auditory hallucination.

It wasn't until Fu Lin took the movie ticket that she confirmed that he had really agreed.

She excitedly said, "The cinema is not far away, we can walk there, I'll lead the way."

The movie that was showing today was a love story, and there were many couples coming and going in the cinema lobby.

Xia Huai Zhi stood in front of the snack counter and asked, "Do you want popcorn?"

Fu Lin answered decisively, "No."

"Then I won't eat it either, it's no fun to eat popcorn alone."

After saying that, she walked towards the waiting area, but turned around and found that Fu Lin had not followed her.

Looking in the direction he came from, Xia Huai Zhi saw that Fu Lin was receiving a bucket of popcorn from the clerk, which looked like the largest size.

He then walked towards her with popcorn and ate one in front of her.

After swallowing the popcorn, he said in a flat tone, "I ate."

Xia Huai Zhi immediately understood his intention.

She smiled and took the bucket of popcorn, sweetly thanking him.

"It's really good."

The cinema began checking tickets, and she and Fu Lin went to the ticket gate together with the popcorn.

Li Qing had booked a couple's room, which was filled with pink double sofas, perfect for two people to cuddle.

But they were not a couple, so they sat in a way that each had their own space, with two large popcorn buckets in the middle, more than enough for both of them.

Xia Huai Zhi couldn't help but wonder -

How long will it take for this distance to disappear?

After the movie started, she focused on the screen.

The movie being played is called "First Love, Last Love". It tells the story of a couple who were each other's first love, but were forced to separate due to uncontrollable circumstances. However, they eventually ended up together after twists and turns.

She didn't know what Fu Lin was thinking, but she felt it was quite appropriate.

Her focused state didn't last long, and she soon began to be distracted, secretly looking in Fu Lin's direction.

Under the light and shadow, the smooth and delicate lines of his profile were clearly visible. His long and upward-curling eyelashes were actually quite beautiful, but because he often had a cold expression, it was easy to overlook this.

With unconscious swallowing movements, his protruding Adam's apple rose and fell, which made her feel very sexy.

No, she couldn't indulge in these wild thoughts anymore, in case it caused pheromone leakage. . .

She shifted her gaze back to the big screen.

As a love movie, the male and female leads naturally have intimate moments.

Although she had also seen these scenes many times, now that the person she liked was right next to her, watching these scenes made her feel a little embarrassed.

After a long kiss, the two protagonists naturally moved on to the next step.

Xia Huai Zhi turned her head to avoid it and found that Fu Lin was still looking at the big screen with a serious expression, just like before.

Doesn't this person feel embarrassed watching these things?

What's even worse is that Fu Lin seems to have noticed her staring at him and turned to give her a glance.

. . . This is bad.

She's a bit young and has a bigger reaction to this kind of thing.

In order to be as calm as him, she stuffed a handful of popcorn into her mouth and used her sense of taste to distract herself from her visual attention.

The effect was immediate, not because the popcorn worked, but because the parts that couldn't be played were skipped.

After the movie ended, the lights in the theater came on.

Fu Lin quickly stood up, "I have something urgent to attend to, I'll leave first."

"Wait," Xia Huai Zhi called out to him, "give me your WeChat, I'll contact you next time. . ."

"Please watch a movie with me."

"Therasis002."

Xia Huai Zhi was glad that she still remembered how to spell the company name.

As she typed the WeChat ID into the search box, Fu Lin had already left without a sound.

She pressed the search button, and a very business-like account appeared in front of her -

Profile picture: Therasis Group's logo

Nickname: Fu Lin

Signature: Create a new life

Moments: Group business promotional content

This. . .

Did he give her a work number?

She thought he agreed to watch the movie with her because he felt their relationship was somewhat close, but it turned out. . .

But it's better than nothing, and she can still contact him through the work number.

She decisively pressed the "add friend" button.

Fu Lin should be on the road now and hasn't immediately accepted her friend request. She didn't wait there and followed the last group of people out of the theater.

A staff member was standing at the cinema exit, warmly inviting them to scan the code and participate in the lucky draw. Xia Huai Zhi joined in the fun and actually won the third prize. . .

The same stationery used by the male and female leads in the movie "First Love, Last Love" when they wrote letters to each other.

The staff member kindly reminded her, "In order to recreate the scene from the movie, we will send the stationery to you by mail. Please leave your mailing address." "Okay, thank you."

Xia Huai Zhi happily left the address of the school.

As for the letter paper, she needed it now, and maybe she would have to write a love letter at some point.

Moreover, this movie was watched by her and Fu Lin together. If she used the same paper to write a love letter, he should understand the special meaning behind it.

It's really interesting.

The process of gradually luring the prey into the rabbit hole is exciting just to think about.

It feels very exciting just to think about it.

Fu Lin called a driver to pick him up.

As soon as he got in the car, he eagerly unbuttoned the first button of his shirt, followed by the sleeves.

The air conditioning in the car had already been lowered to 23℃, but he still felt a little hot. It was a kind of internal burning, as if a fire was burning inside his body.

He saw his current situation in the rearview mirror, which was not embarrassing but not dignified either, making him feel disgusted.

Ding-

The WeChat notification sound rang, reminding him that he had an unprocessed friend request.

After accepting it, he returned to the chat page to check the message he had just received.

[Aki]: The data transmitted by the bracelet shows that you have a slight physical abnormality.

[Aki]: How do you feel? Are you okay?

[Fu Lin]: It's a minor condition, I'm fine.

[Aki]: This shouldn't be happening right now. . . Have you been in contact with someone or something dangerous?

After thinking for a moment, Fu Lin replied:

"No. "

Note: Unrevised

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 441 38
Su Yang's family came to a former neighbor's younger brother who was temporarily staying. The younger brother has not yet differentiated. Sister Alph...
5.3M 478K 98
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
16K 906 71
Fu Dongni is the only female alpha in the empire who became an admiral at the age of twenty-five. After experiencing a failed relationship, she has b...
4.4K 374 74
Luo Xiuming, a high-achieving student at the Military Academy, travels back in time to the interstellar war era a thousand years ago. He takes on the...