Falling Like The Stars (Book...

Oleh xwoodbine36x

Book 3 of 'You Deserve Better' - (Final book in the trilogy) Emily and Shannon's relationship is on the rocks... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1 - Not Over You
Chapter 2 - The Gift Of A Friend
Chapter 3 - What's A Man To Do?
Chapter 4 - Aquainted
Chapter 5 - Disappointed
Chapter 6 - Still Learning
Chapter 7 - Rockabye
Chapter 9 - The Boy With The Moon And Star On His Head
Chapter 10 - 'Single' Ladies
Chapter 11 - Good As Hell
Chapter 12- Love on the Weekend
Chapter 13 - The Chosen Pessimist
Chapter 14 - 100 Suns
Chapter 15 - Marrow
Chapter 16 - Home Truth
Chapter 17- The Plan
Chapter 18 - New Friends
Chapter 19 - Car's Outside
Chapter 20 - Discovery
Chapter 21-Purpose
Chapter 22 - Closer
Chapter 23 - Father and Son
Chapter 24 - From The Jump
Chapter 25 - Is It Alright?

Chapter 8 - A New Life

29 0 0
Oleh xwoodbine36x

" New life, new love
Where's the heart I was dreaming of?
I need a new hope, new dream
Another part in a different scene

A new life, it's so hard to find
A new love, it's so hard to find. "

'A New Life' - Pet Shop Boys
************************************

**A Few Days Later**

Shannon helped Emily out of the cab as it pulled up to drop them all off outside of her apartment complex.

Jared had stayed for the few days she had been in hospital but had had to leave early today to get back to LA for important meetings, but had said that he would fly back again in a couple of weeks when things had calmed down at his end, and that has been fine with Emily because it would mean that she would have a little more time, and hopefully have settled into more of a routine with Alex.

Constence had said that she would stay with Emily for as long as she needed her, as Shannon was going to need to fly back in a couple of weeks as well, to check up on things at Black Fuel.

Emily winced as she climbed out of the backseat of the taxi, and Constence helped her slowly and carefully to stand by the car.

Walking around to the boot of the taxi, the driver popped the back and helped Shannon out with Emily's hospital bag, which Shannon effortlessly slung over his shoulder.

"Emily, would you like Mum to help you inside whilst I bring Alex in for you?" Shannon questioned Emily as she was lent against the taxi door.

"Erm... yeah, sure. Thanks, Shannon." She mummbled quietly to him, still pretty exhausted after trauma of the last 3 days, whilst also trying to wrap her head around the fact that she was now a new Mum with a newborn.

Constence helped Emily slowly and steadily up the front steps, allowing her to lean on her as and when she needed.

"Make sure he's strapled in safely and securely, won't you Shan?" Constence turned her head to tell her son, whilst holding onto Emily's arm.

"Will do."

The driver helped Shannon out with Alex's carrier and smiled down at the little bundle securely wrapped and fastened inside his carrier. He was currently fast asleep in a onesie that was slightly too big, a hat and little mittens to prevent him from scratching himself with his miniscule nails.

"I forgot how tiny they are when they're first born. You're lucky man. Treasure every moment because they grow up incredibly fast." The taxi driver told Shannon, also smiling down at Alex.

"Thanks, Man." Shannon carefully picked up Alex and followed after his Mother and Emily. They were currently waiting for him in the foyer; Emily sitting down on a sofa there.

"Are you feeling OK?" Shannon questioned her softly, concerned.

"I'm just tired and sore. I'll have a tea when we get up to my apartment and take some of the medication I've been prescribed." She managed to give him a weary smile. "How's Alex? Is he OK after the journey?"

"He's flat out. Don't worry." Shannon looked down at the carrier containing the newborn and smiled fondly.

"I think I'll have to feed him shortly." She sighed, "or try to."

She was finding breast-feeding Alex a little hard, but was determined to stick at it.

"Don't worry, Emily. We all find it hard to start with. It wasn't a walk in the park for me either." Constence told her, rubbing up and down Emily's arm, trying to reassure her.

"Right. Let's get this Little One upstairs shall we?" Shannon told them.

Emily nodded and made to get up, Constence helping her. She winced slightly as she did so.

As they made their ways over to the lift, the Receptionist on duty looked up and then peered over the top of the desk.

"Emily! Have you just had your Little One?" The girl questioned.

"Yes. About 3 days ago."

"Oh my God! Congratulations both of you." She looked between both Shannon and Emily. "Can I see him/her?"

"Him. He's called Alex, and sure. "

The girl came out from behind the desk and looked down at the tiny form asleep in the carrier Shannon was holding.

"He's so tiny! Oh, Emily. You're so lucky."

Alex stirred slightly and gurgled.

"We better get going before he wakes up and screams the place down." Shannon told the girl.

************************************

Emily was resting in a recliner, with the foot rest out, whilst Shannon had successfully transfered Alex into his moses basket and he lay there in it next to Emily, on the sofa.

Shannon and Constence were sat together around Emily's kitchen island, both drinking coffee and talking quietly.

"So what is going on between the both of you?" Constence asked her eldest son.

Shannon sighed deeply, and fiddled with a droplet of water on the island with his fingers, swirling around in it aimlessly.

"I can tell you're still in love with her."

"I am Mum. I can't help how I feel about her, I can't just turn off my feelings."

"Well what happened between the two of you? You both seemed so happy from the photos you've shown me and from how you talked about her endlessly. She's a very sweet girl, Shannon, and I can see how happy you've made one another."

"Jay happened. That's what happened."

"Oh."

"I don't really want to talk about it, Mum. But the usual happened and he stuck his nose in. Emily was so embarassed about it, that she felt she couldn't be with me anymore, and besides, she has Alex to focus on now, and she's right I guess. I can't blame her for wanting to put her son first."

"Just...remember, you have feelings too."

"I know Mum."

Alex started to grizzle and their attention was pulled away from their conversation to the little bundle on the couch. He then started to full on cry.

"I better go and wake Emily up. He probably needs feeding." Shannon told his mother, quietly pushing out his stool.

"No. I'll do that. I think  she'll need some help. Why don't you make her a peppermint tea and sort out her medication for her."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded.

************************************

Shannon came and brought over a peppermint tea for Emily and his Mums unfinished coffee, before making to turn and pick up his own and Emily's medication, when he caught sight of Emily sat in her recliner, nursing Alex.

He found himself smiling at the sight and felt his insides flutter. His mother was right. He needed to protect his feelings, even if he was still madly in love with her.

Emily looked up and caught Shannon looking at her and smiled as Constence handed her some squares of feeding muslin to mop up some spillages from Alex.

"Thank you, Shan."

"No problem. I'll just get some painkillers."

Alex stated to grizzle a little. Emily cupped his bottom and pulled him closer to her chest, rubbing his back soothingly, trying to see if he needed to burp.

He burped and ended up puking a little, so Emily mopped him up.

"I think I'm going to have to change him as well." She sighed wearily.

"I can do that." Shannon offered, coming back over with Emily's pills, placing them next to her tea on the table.

She raised an eyebrow at his sudden declaration. "No. It's OK, Shan. I need to learn and do it myself as I won't always have help."

"Well, look. Let me help you through to the nursery, and maybe we could do things together. Let your tea have a chance to cool down for you to drink it."

"Um... Well OK."

"Let me have Alex, and I'll put him back in his moses basket and come help you up."

************************************

**Later that Evening**

"I'm really sorry, you two, but I'm going to have to head to bed. I'm exhausted. I can bring Alex into my bedroom. I have a basinette set up, so I can put him in the basket in there. Erm... I'm not sure where you're both going to sleep as I only have one spare bedroom now."

"It's OK. Mum, you can take the spare room I've been sleeping in. I can take the couch."

Emily nodded faintly.

"Let me help you get settled." Shannon offered.

"Sure. Thank you. Could you possibly carry Alex through for me?"

"Of course."

He walked over to where she was sat and carefully helped Emily up out of her recliner, seeing her wince again as she did so.

"Here, I've got you, it's OK." He helped her to stand and waited until she got her balance. "I'll bring Alex through once I've helped you to get settled, then bring you through some water and more of your medication."

"I don't deserve you. Thank you, Shannon, and thank you as well, Constence. I don't know what I'd do without the both of you at the moment. I'm very grateful."

"Honestly. It's no trouble at all, Emily. I'm glad to help. If you've got a baby monitor, bring it out to me, and I'll keep it in with me overnight." Constence told Emily, smiling softly at her. "You're going to be an amazing mother. Go and get some rests Emily. You'll need it."

Shannon helped Emily to her room and then gingerly into bed, making sure she was kept as comfortable as possible, being propped up with pillows. He made to turn to leave, but Emily reached out and grabbed his arm.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to make you jump." Emily chuckled bashfully when she caught his gaze as she turned around. "I was going to say. Y-you don't have to sleep on the couch tonight."

Shannon frowned. "But you've only got one room. I-I can't let my Mum sleep on the couch. W-where–"

"You can stay here. W-with me. I-I dont want to force you to, but the couch isn't too comfortable to fall asleep on. Believe me, I've done it." She chuckled. 'Plus, I-I could do with the help if I'm honest, Shannon. I'm scared I'm going to do something wrong. I don't know what I'm doing."

"Neither do I Em." Shannon laughed. "But we can muddle through things together, OK?' He reached out and swept some hair off of her forehead, before moving his hand to stroke the side of her face, pausing to cup her chin in his fingers and tilt her face up to his.

He found his lips magnetically being drawn to Emily's, and the next thing he knew, his lips were on hers, and he kissed her ever so softly.

Pulling away from her, he smiled.

"I'll just bring Alex through to you."

"Um... thank you. C-could you please bring me some nursing pads and a square of muslin. I'm going to need to feed him again."

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair, slightly frazzled.

"Sure. No problem. Have you got your phone?"

She patted the pocket of the sweatpants she was wearing and pulled it out. "Yes."

Shannon walked out of her bedroom and returned a few moments later carrying the moses basket containing Alex. He was getting slightly grizzly again.

"You can put the basket in the bassinet, and then could you please pass him to me. Sorry to keep bothering you, Shan."

"It's no problem. Here you go. Here's your mummy, Alex."

He carefully handed Alex to Emily, and she moved to rest him against her chest, gently jigging him.

"Here's the pads and muslin you requested. Have you got everything you need? I need to move my stuff out of your spare room to make way for Mum, I'll be back in a bit."

"Sure. I think I can just about manage for 5 minutes without doing something dumb."

Once Shannon had left the room, Emily gently lay Alex down on the pillow next to her whilst she sorted her nursing top to free her breast in order to feed Alex, then picked him up again holding him closely against herself helping him to latch on.

Once he seemed happy enough, she found her phone and switched to her phone camera. She made sure Alex's face was partially hidden as she didn't want it to be plastered all over the Internet and took a couple of photos of the small bundle nestled in her arms.

At some point; whenever she managed to find the time, which would be never, Emily planned to create a baby book for Alex.

Even if he didn't care when he grew up, she wanted something to remind herself of the most magical time in her life so far.

Emily was taken from her thoughts by the sound of footsteps padding on the carpet of her bedroom, and glanced up from dabbing at Alex's mouth to find Shannon coming into the room with his small suitcase and a glass of water in his hand.

"Hey." She smiled at him.

"How's he taking to feeding?" Shannon asked Emily quietly, setting his suitcase over by her walk in wardrobe before making his way around to her side and placing the water on her side table along with two tablets.

"Oh, thank you! He's fine, just a little gassy. And, my boobs hurt." She laughed.

So did Shannon as he came and pearched on the edge of the bed and peered down at Alex, stroking his head softly.

The moment was cut through by the shrill tone of Emily's ringtone. She managed to glance down at the screen before Alex started to cry.

"Shit. The tone must be hard on his ears. Can you please answer it whilst I try to soothe him? It's Kali. I-I haven't been in touch since Alex has been born, and she's probably freaking out at me." Emily handed Shannon her phone.

"Yeah, sure. I'll leave you to it." Shannon got up and left the room to take Kali's call.

As he did, Emily heard Kali shriek; even over the sound of Alex crying, and smiled to herself.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.4K 126 48
(Sequel to Before You Leave) (Before You Leave #2) After betraying her boyfriend, JJ Ashton is lost. Gideon Andrews is broken. He is stuck between c...
167K 6K 56
Final book: The Third Sugg Trilogy *COMPLETED* Alice Sugg has been through thick and thin with her YouTube career skyrocketing. She thought LA would...
647 21 9
(Coincides with Fangirls) "You really scared me tonight-" "I didn't me-" "I know you didn't and Alisha explained that when you're like that you have...
426 35 26
It's been a long time since Caleb dead and Alex lock up what will happened? Will Spoby stay happy? Ali and Emily had twins and Noel and Hanna are exp...