Behind The Scenes

By cahsodre

Alyssa Hayes and Matthew Crawford are the stars of a Teen Drama phenomenon that changed their lives. Their in... More

Chapter One: Previously on Hidden Springs
Chapter Two: Everyone has a secret locked, but can they keep it?
Chapter 3: The fake scenes and the plastic-made dreams
Chapter 4 (Part One): Are you ready for a brand new life?
Chapter 4 (Part 2): Are you ready for a brand new life?
Chapter 5 (Part One): Young Hearts Go Crazy
Chapter 6 (Part One): Unexpected Call
Chapter 6 (Parte Two): Unexpected Call
Chapter 7 (Part One): She's like a one way ticket, 'cause you can't come back
Chapter 7 (Part Two): She's like a one way ticket, 'cause you can't come back
Chapter 8 (Part One): Things are sweeter in Tennessee
Chapter 8 (Part Two): Things are sweeter in Tennessee
Chapter 9 (Part One): Locked Out Of Heaven
Chapter 9 (Part Two): Locked Out Of Heaven
Chapter 10 (Part One): Edge of a Thunderstorm
Chapter 10 (Part Two): Edge of a Thunderstorm
Chapter 11 (Part One): New realities
Chapter 11 (Part Two): New Realities
Chapter 12 (Part One): Unpack your heart
Chapter 12 (Part Two): Unpack your heart
Chapter 13 (Part One): I always liked trouble
Chapter 13 (Part Two): I always liked trouble
Chapter 13 (Part Three): I always liked trouble
Chapter 14 (Part One): I really need to know

Chapter 5 (Part two): Young Hearts Go Crazy

6.1K 368 49
By cahsodre

"How come they let you drive?"

Matthew complained, sitting by Ally's side at the clinic's front desk. The place was empty, as usual when Alyssa Hayes had an appointment. Only the employees were roaming there, extremely curious and excited with the presence of not only one but two Hidden Springs' stars. Matthew Crawford was there, being generically handsome and smiling, and no one could hold the excitement.

"How come you cannot shut the hell up for half a second?" Alyssa answered, gazing the In Style edition on her lap, curiously with herself on the cover.

"For real, I punch paparazzi and it's a world-wide collapses; you almost ran over, like, fourteen of them and-"

"Miss Hayes?" A nurse showed by the door, and Aly sighed, half of relief by the interruption, half of fear for what would come next.

A doctor's appointment would make everything so much more real. It was not like she was thinking it was all a joke, it was just taking some time for her to believe it, though, more time than she expected. Alyssa quickly stood up, and noticed that so did Crawford.

"What are you doing?" She whispered.

"I haven't finished talking, so I'm following you."

"What the hell, are you eight? I'm not letting you go inside the room while I'm all...Commando." Aly complained, and watched the actor hold his laugh. "Oh, go to hell, pervert." She added following the nurse, but she still was able to listen to the actor's laugh with the door closed.

***

Alyssa stroked the hospital gown she was wearing to make the exams frantically in the mirror. She looked at herself by the side, fantasying a bump there, but it all still seemed too surreal to her. She's always dreamed about being a mom, but never thought things would happen so fast and in such an unexpected way, though. She shook her head, determined to take one step at time, and left the little place where she changed to the doctor's office.

"Hey!"

"Ah!" She screamed, covering her mouth right away. "Crawford, what the fuck! I told you to stay outside, how did you manage to get in here? Get out!"

"Wow, breathe, mother of the year." He smiled, sitting comfortably in the bed where Aly was supposed to lie, stretching his arms. She just rolled her eyes, pushing him off.

"Get out, Crawford!" She complained, but the actor barely moved. "You were supposed to come here with me, not to interrupt my doctor's appointment!"

"It wasn't my idea" He said, making a weird face. "The nurse pushed me inside, saying it is important for the child's dad to be present in these moments."

"You told her that...?"

"No. She concluded that by herself" He replied, and then looked at Aly from head to toe. "Nice clothes."

Alyssa instinctively covered her body front with her hands, cursing in a lower voice.

"I hate you."

"Do you think when they turn on that light I'll be able to see everything through this thin fabric?" Crawford asked, and laughed aloud when Alyssa pushed him hard out of the bed.

"This has got to be a nightmare!" She grumbled, e Matthew laughed one more time, getting up for her to sit.

"For me, it certainly is."

"Great shit your part on it, Crawford. You're getting much more than I am with this ridiculous little skit."

"What?" He laughed, sarcastic. "I'm assuming a child that it is not mine, and still you think pretending to be my girlfriend is worse?"

"You're not the pregnant person in this equation, Crawford." Alyssa replied, almost yelling, making him laugh again.

"If only you knew how to keep your legs closed when the tequila goes in, none of this would-"

Before he could even finish, Alyssa got the first thing she saw - a fetus made of rubber that was on the table by her side - and threw it in Crawford's direction, whom quickly diverted. He gazed her, stunned, and took a deep breath, stooping down to get the toy.

"By any chance have you just thrown a fetus at me?" He asked, holding the toy with anger.

"You're lucky I haven't hanged you with a fucking fake umbilical cord!" Aly roared.

"Am I interrupting something?"

Alyssa accommodated in bed when Dr. Connelly showed up. She gazed both of them with curiosity, laying her eyes extensively on the fetus in Matthew's hand.

"Yes, please." Alyssa answered, sincere, and the doctor laughed.

"I'm so glad you came to visit me promptly, Alyssa, but to be honest I almost couldn't believe when I found out why." The doctor said, and Matthew laughed.

"That's exactly what I was saying to her before you came in, Doc." Matt widened a smile and Aly threw herself on the pillow behind her, pissed.

"Matt, sit down on that chair or I swear to God I will-"

"You will what?" He teased, approaching the bedside. "I can't believe there's nothing else you could do to piss the hell out of me after what you did today. I still can't believe that you would tell Dave."

This time, Alyssa was the one that laughed.

"You are a scared little bitch hidden inside a snooty and coward Brit's body, Crawford." She said with a low voice, looking in his eyes. "In the first opportunity you just put your tail between your legs and freak out!"

"I freak out?" Matthew giggled a little too loud and faced the doctor that was combing something between Alyssa's legs. "World's number one drama queen, the master in screaming, crying and doing everything wrong after she realized that she's pregnant wants to tell me that I FREAK OUT?"

"Five weeks, everything seems very good around here..." The doctor said, but neither of them seemed interested in hearing what she was saying.

"Do you want to know something, Crawford? If that is so impossible to you, do whatever you want! We break this damn contract right now, because I won't take another minute of-", she suddenly stopped talking, hearing a noise. "What... What is that, doctor?"

"That?" Doctor Connelly smiled. "That is the heartbeat of your baby, darling."

Aly brought her hand to her mouth, staring at the screen in front of her with her eyes popping out, just hearing the very weird noise that seemed to fill the whole room. Matt looked at the girl, who looked petrified, and then he saw she almost unconsciously moving her hand to find his, and then squeezing it hard. He stared at their interlaced fingers for a second, and Alyssa stayed in the same position, but now she was crying. He simply froze, clueless of what to do.

"I will give you two a minute, OK?" The doctor simply said, a second before she disappeared out of the door.

The sound had ceased, but Aly was still looking at the screen and, when Matt heard the door closing, he dared looking her in the eyes for the first time.

"Are you OK?" He asked, without knowing what to say, and Aly kept quiet and hugged him by his waist, a thing that almost made him step back, scared.

He put a hand on her back, confused, while she was crying, and that made him squeeze her a little harder - people crying always made him desperate, specially girls. He stayed there for a minute or two, caressing her hair, waiting for her to react somehow, without understanding a single thing.

"You are not OK." He concluded by himself, but then realized he was actually speaking too.

Alyssa chuckled, with her face on his chest, and then she took some distance, wiping her face.

"Yes, I am OK." She replied, honestly looking as confused as he was, for a moment. "In fact, I thing I'm great."

Matthew faced her, arching a brow, and something in the way he was looking at her really showed he was thinking she was crazy, which made her laugh.

"I'm going to be a mother!" She said out of the blew and a little to high, and Matthew giggled.

"You just realized that right now?"

"Incredibly yes, I think I just did." Aly smiled.

"And you are happy with that?"

"I'm terrified." She giggled. "But in a good way. In a wonderful way."

***

"Where's my Ruby Woo? I need it to finish Alyssa's make up now!"

The backstage of The Donna O'Donnel Show was absolutely insane. People were running back and forth, dealing with last minute adjustments to shoot the show that would air in the following day, especially because of the presence of both Hidden Springs' stars on set.

Their way in the car to the studio was very silent, which was probably a miracle, since Alyssa was to absorbed in the idea of being a mom and Matthew was confused enough not to bother her. The actress was already wearing an alluring little black dress with a pair of Louboutins, with a perfect make up on and feeling, for the first time in a few days, confident with the whole thing.

She gazed at Matt at the other side of the room, absently playing with an iPad. He looked more than fine with that black leather jacket. When he realized she was looking at him, he looked back, but they needed no words. They knew what to do. They would make the entire world fall in love with them. Once again. And this time, as a couple.

"Matt." Aly whispered, while waiting to go to the set.

"What?"

"I agree with you. Maybe we should wait a little while before telling everyone about the baby." She said in a very low tone and Matt widened his eyes.

"You? Agreeing with me?" He giggled at the girl's annoyed expression..

"I think we should take a step at a time. I don't want to lose it again."

"Alright, then. Just dating for now." He agreed with a funny face, totally full of himself, and the girl playfully punched his arm, holding back a smirk.

***

"We are here today with the real couple right now, Matthew Crawford and Alyssa Hayes." Donna announced returning from a break, and laughed. "I'm still mad at you two. I invite you to come to my show almost everyday, you drink of my coffee, eat my cookies and you couldn't come here to announce that you are a thing now?"

"But this is the first show we are coming after we became public, you know you are our high priority, Donna." Aly said and laughed of the comedian's suspicious face.

"All right, you suffered so much on this show already that giving you some credit is the least I can do." She replied, grinning.

"Oh, please, you need to scare Aly again, I think I spent like three weeks laughing after that." Matt said and Aly punched his arm, making the whole studio laugh.

"Look at the kind of thing I get involved with, Donna."

"At least the package is kind of cute, don't complain!" The hostess said, making them both laugh. "And if you were living in Mars this week, take a look of a few cute pictures of this lovely couple this week."

"This is a very weird angle." Aly said when she saw the picture of them in the front of the Diner. "Publishing pictures of people almost in their PJ's shouldn't be allowed!" She giggled.

"That is very confusing to me, it seems like we are looking at a picture from a Hidden Springs' shooting, I'm not used to everyone knowing yet." Crawford said and Aly agreed vehemently.

"We worked so hard to be out of the radar, what is the matter with us to let that happen?" Aly laughed.

"Hangover?" Donna suggested and Crawford laughed aloud.

"Donna, do not put me in that position." He said, smirking.

The Picture that appeared on the screen showed both of them walking side by side, leaving a building from its intern parking lot. In the glass door behind them, it was easy to see a sign that said: "Dr. Connelly OBGYN Clinics".

That picture was taken inside the building. Some son of a bitch photographed them and sold it to another stingy place. Alyssa felt she was collapsing mentally and, when she returned to Earth, Matt was squeezing her hand, but he was looking to the front, smiling nonchalantly. She couldn't understand what was happening exactly, but Donna was laughing of a joke she did herself, and the public was absolutely hysterical.

"I always knew we would announce you are expecting your first baby here in my show." She playfully added.

Alyssa stared at Matt, that was laughing, but it was completely fake, she knew he was freaking on the inside. They sustained a gaze for a second, and a look could tell a lot of things for them. That was why Matt widened his eyes when Aly turned to Donna, still holding his hand.

"You are right, Donna. I am pregnant." She smiled. "We are having a baby."

******************************

OMFG YOU JUST DID NOOOOT!

Oh, Aly, things are about to go down. LOL

Hello, all of you incredible readers! How are you today?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and to comment because aaaaah I love comments but you guys are all so quiet :( How am I supposed to know what you think? Let's chat chat chat!

Dedication of the day goes to the adorable @oooCHARLOTTEooo, she deserves it after chatting with me for a few days and not running away (I do like to talk a lot. hahaha). Hope you enjoyed Matty this chapter! xx

See you all this weekend! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 6.3K 51
Have you ever dreamed of finding...the one? Of course you have, we all have. We hold on to that hope that there is an invisible string attached to o...
18.7K 691 36
Meet Emily Hayes. Pretty, kind of popular - and totally smitten by Jake. Meet Jake Williams. Badass, captain of the football team- and he barely ackn...
429 68 9
Alyssa is book smart and clueless when it comes to things in the outside world. All she cares about are her grades and why should she bother about an...
259 37 19
It's been 3 years since Ava Clarkson shifted towns. Starting her new life she decided to put the past behind her and live a ordinary life but will th...