Best Thing I Ever Had

By normalgirl0810

- when two people from two different walks of life come across each other at a nightclub, soon developing a b... More

Prolouge
Cast
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty one

four

581 20 3
By normalgirl0810

Omniscient
Los Angeles, CA
3:30 PM

*two weeks later*

Ever since that day me and Chris hung out we have become very close we've been talking on the phone a lot, texting, and hanging out with each other more and more as time progresses.

I never thought that we would even make it this far, since I'm so used to guys seeming interested in me just so they can fuck, guess I was wrong about this one. Chris isn't actually different type of nigga than I thought he would be, even though I took him as the type of nigga that just wanna fuck and dip.

I get a text from Chris, asking what I was doing later. Replying to his message I said

"nun, probably just gonna go home after I leave my sister house."

Soon as I sent my message he replied with quickness saying that I should slide let him slide to my house later in after my visit with my sister because he wants to see me.

Replying to his message,

"you must miss me real bad, I just saw your ass the other day 😹."

Laughing at the message I just sent to him, because I literally just saw this nigga two days ago. It's like ever since we've meet we have become attached to on another almost seeing each other everyday of the week.

Continuing to text Chris my older sister Jhené walks in the room plopping down beside me on the couch.

"so who you texting that got you all giggly?" She questions me, guessing she notice me texting away on my phone.

"nobody, just a friend." I said shrugging my shoulders hoping she doesn't ask me anymore questions, so she can be in my business.

"Is that friend male or female?"

"It's a man, but we're just friends and why you tryna be so nosy?" I said

"I ain't tryna be nosy just asking wanna know who got my little sister smiling and shit." Jhené said

"He is just my friend, stop tryna be all up in my business." India says rolling her eyes.

"I'll find out who it is sooner or later if you don't tell me." She said rolling her eyes

"okay, let me know when you find out." I said turning my attention back onto my phone.

"I hope whatever nigga you talking to ain't no basketball player like that bitch ass nigga Jalen."

Hearing her ex's name being mentioned made India feel uneasy, she hasn't heard that name in a long time or even thought about them since their breakup.

India was in a relationship with this guy named Jalen, who was a well known NBA basketball player whom she thought was the love of her life. The two had dated for 5 years, started dating when India was 17. Their relationship for the first couple of years was fine but toward the last two years of their relationship things started to change, Jalen was coming home late claiming he was with his friends, reeking of alcohol and smelling like another women when he would come home, and neglecting India.

One day India was fed up with Jalen's bullshit, so she confronted him about it. When she did, it didn't end so well on her part, he made India feel like she was making things up in her head and she was just being insecure and paranoid. India's saw through his sneaky ways and still presumed to call him out on his bullshit. When she tried she was only left with bruises from the abuse Jalen had left upon her body.

India always was taught to never let a man put their hands on you, she was told to walk away from the situation and not stick around for it but when it happened to her she took it because she didn't believe the person that loved her so much would physically harm her. After it happened he claimed it was a mistake and he would never do it again but it kept happening, until India had enough and just left one day never turning back.
Remembering all the things she went though India starts to have flashbacks of the abuse she received from her ex boyfriend, but was broken from that trance by being shaken by her sister.

"hey India you okay?" Jhené asked concerned.

"yea, I'm fine was a little triggered by hearing his name." India replied

After India's little moment her and her sister continued to her talk amongst each other catching up. The time with the two sisters came to an end they both shared the final goodbyes with each other before parting ways.

"bye nae, love you! Tell nami we gonna her and auntie India gonna have a girls day soon." She said as she makes her way to the door.

"bye Indi, love you too. I'll tell her, she gone be happy to spend some time with her auntie." Jhené said as she referred to her 5 year old daughter namiko.

India gets into her car making her way to the next destination for today, sending chris a text she lets him know that she'll be there in 30 minutes.

-

India's Apartment
8:00 PM

Afters a long relaxing shower India steps out feeling refreshed and relaxed, as she wraps the towel tightly around her body she hears a knock come from her front door. Looking through the peep hole to see who it is she see's chris.

Opening the door to let chris in, "hey indi-"'
chris paused as he saw India at the door.

"hey, come in let me finish putting in my clothes real quick you can wait for me in the living room." She said as she opened the door wide for him hiding herself behind the door. As he walks in she closes the door behind him, scurrying off to her bedroom to finish getting dressed.

Chris takes a seat on the love seat in the living room he finds the remote to the tv turning it on the skimming through channel on TV until he found a movie for them to watch. A fully clothed India makes her present aware again as she takes a seat beside chris.

"how was your day?" She asked

"It was okay, nun to special happen. How was your?" He responds

"It was good, went and visited my sister today."

"oh okay." Nodding his head at her response as he turns his attention back to the movie on tv.

As the night continues on the two end up talking until they fell asleep on top of each other. India ending up on top of chris laying on his chest comfortably, chris holding onto India tightly with his arm wrapped around her waist. Ever since the night they meet at the club they have been around each other almost everyday, building a friendship with each other but they have grown comfortable with each other in a good way.

Even though chris friends may have thought he just hanging around India so he can fuck then dip, but it's not even like that no more. He genuinely likes hanging being around her because he could be himself not the singer chris brown, he also liked how they were able to have simple conversations with each other and have connections on so many different levels.

Chris has grown more liking to India since they met, he's grown past liking her more as a friend it's way past that. He really liked her and hopes that one day he can let her know how he feels, but until then he just gonna keep quite.

-

New character unlocked:

Jalen
India's Ex-Boyfriend

25

(edited verison)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 38 31
Read to find out!!!!! Let me know what you think of the story. Comment & Vote
126K 4K 31
Money Money Money Moneyyyy
24.5K 666 35
All is fair in LOVE & WAR!!!