The MaAn Journey

By NomadForLife

It is my first fanfiction... This is a story of anupama after she divorced vanraj and moved out of shah house... More

Note
Introduction
Self Doubt
The Internship
Manhattan
Family
The Shadow of the Past
Teaser
New Character Alert !!!
Meet The Boss
Rewind
Secrets and Support
Dosti
The Reunion
17 Years Ago...
Distant yet Close
The Bid
Shame !!!
Chaos !!
Heading Home
Mind Games
Calm before the Storm
The Newspaper Scandal
Revealed !!!
Play The Man !!
All They Need Is A Push
Anupama Meets Anuj
Vanraj Creates A Scene
Important Note
An Unexpected Visit
Home
Teaser 2
Udaan
Entangled !!
Not Your Fault !!
Favours !!
Assumptions
A Fresh Start !!
Friends ?
Learning From Each Other
Festivities !!
Samar
Missing Each Other!!
Anuj bonds with Pakhi
Anuj at the Dance Academy
Anupama enjoys Anuj's company!!
Anuj comes up with a Plan.
The Launch Pooja
An Uninvited Guest !!
Anuj's Advice to Anupama
The Beginning of Karma for Vanraj !!
Anupama at Anuj's Place
No Way Out !!
An Important Update !!
Karma and Longing !!
Shifting Dynamics And Evolving Bonds !!

The Aftermath !!

1.1K 84 32
By NomadForLife

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for disappearing on you guys for months but I really needed a break from writing to pay attention to my studies !!

I know most of you might have stopped following the story by now but if you are still here, thank you so much for keeping patience and showing all the love for my fanfiction ❤️❤️

It really means a lot to me 💞💞

Hope you enjoy it 😘😘

Anuj's Apartment, Ahmedabad

28th August 2022, 10:00 am

Anu....

Anuj stirred in his sleep as the scenes from a day before kept playing in the back of his mind.

The fear that he had felt when Anupama was almost about to fall off the balcony, was still sitting somewhere in the corner of his heart, not allowing him to rest properly.

He had spent his entire last evening glued to his phone waiting for Anupama's call or text in worry, wondering if she is alright until GK snatched it away from him and asked him to go to sleep.

GK please......agar Devika ne mujhe call kiya to?......agar Anu ko meri zaroorat hui to?

Anuj had resisted at first but GK assured him that he would inform in case Anupama called for him.

Anuj.....Devika ya Anu ka call aayega to mai tujhe jaga dunga.....lekin abhi please jaake thoda rest kar le.....zaroorat hai tujhe uski....khud shaant rahega tabhi to Anu ke liye kuch kar paayega na !!

He had said and Anuj realized that GK was right.

He needed to clear up his mind of all the chaos that had unfolded that day and therefore, he hesitantly agreed to GK's request and went to bed to lie down for a bit but thought of staying awake in case Anupama or Devika called him.

However, before he could realize, the tiredness from the hectic day caught upto him and he dozed off with his mind still stuck on the happenings of the pooja.

Anu....

The name escaped his lips as the morning sun poured through the open french windows and disturbed his sleep.

However, his exhausted body didn't form any reaction to it until the very next moment when a loud sound from the kitchen boomed through the entire apartment and he jolted awake in his bed, feeling anxious and disoriented from the vivid noise that had just plagued his sleep.

The sound was quite similar to that of something Anuj had heard yesterday when he had pulled Anupama off the balcony railing and hearing it again today made his heart thud in fear for GK since he was the only person in that house at that moment besides Anuj.

Hence, without wasting a second, Anuj got out of his bed and ran to the kitchen wondering if something had happened to GK but the sight that greeted him on arrival was something that he hadn't expected to see in his kitchen that too this early in the morning.

Bunty !!

He let out, perplexed as he saw his friend cleaning up some coffee beans off the kitchen floor while Vikram slowly lifted his head, sensing his presence.

Vikram:- Anuj.....tu subah subah kitchen me kya kar raha hai?

He questioned Anuj, worried if he had enough sleep from last night but Anuj was astonished to see him there this early in the morning.

Anuj:- Yeh sawal to mujhe tujhse karna chahiye !!......tu subah subah yaha......mere kitchen me kya kar raha hai?

He asked Vikram as he threw the coffee beans in the dustbin and turned towards him to state the obvious.

Vikram:- Dikh nahi raha......coffee bana raha hoon.

He replied, moving to the kitchen counter where the coffee machine was kept but Anuj wasn't happy with his answer.

Anuj:- Of course dikh raha hai.....but yaha kyu?.....tere ghar me kya aag lagi hai?

He wanted to know the real reason behind Vikram's arrival but Vikram was surprised to see him inquiring about his presence.

Isko kya sach me lagta hai.....mai isko akela chod dunga kal jo hua uske baad?

He thought to himself and decided to confront Anuj regarding this.

Vikram:- Kyu?......uske bina mai yaha nahi aa sakta?

He questioned him and Anuj realized that he went a little overboard with his enquiries.

Anuj:- Mera wo matalab nahi tha !!......mai to bas yaha tujhe...

He began with an explanation but before he could finish, Vikram completed his sentence.

Vikram:- Expect nahi kar raha tha!!

He said with a smirk and Anuj just hummed hearing this.

Vikram:- Well tu bhale mujhe yaha expect nahi kar raha tha but mai tera yeh reaction zaroor expect kar raha tha.

He added, leaning against the kitchen counter and Anuj gave him a confused look.

Anuj:- Matalab?

He asked, perplexed and Vikram went onto remind him that it is not in his habit to leave his friends alone during difficult times.

Vikram:- Matalab yeh meri jaan ki US jaake teri aadat itni bigad gayi hai ki tu bas expect karta hai ki log tujhe problems me akela chod de.....but sadly yaha aisa nahi hota.....humare yaha dosto ko akela nahi choda jata !!

He stated in a firm tone but Anuj tried to tell him that it is not him Vikram should be concerned about.

Anuj:- Bunty.....problem me mai nahi hoo.....

He said, negating Vikram's statement but Vikram cut him off in between.

Vikram:- But pareshan to hai na?

He questioned Anuj but Anuj was more worried about someone else than himself.

Anuj:- Meri pareshani Anu ki problem se badi nahi hai......tujhe uske pass hona chahiye.

He told Vikram about his concern and Vikram tried to pacify him.

Vikram:- Anu ke pass Devika hai......tere pass koi nahi hai.

He reminded Anuj of Devika's presence around Anupama and Anuj let out an exasperated sigh at his statement.

Anuj:- Thank you mujhe yeh yaad dilane ke liye but mere pass GK hai.

He cited an excuse, not wanting to deal with his feelings at the moment but Vikram was adamant on making him talk about it.

Vikram:- Aur GK se tu apni pareshaniyan kitni batata hai.....yeh hum sab ko pata hai !!

He quashed all his arguments in one go and asked him to be fresh and up.

Vikram:- Isiliye mujhse behas karna band kar......aur jaa kar fresh hoke aa.....tab tak mai coffee banata hoon.

He said, showing Anuj the way towards his room but Anuj tried to refuse, not wanting to let him work alone in the kitchen.

Anuj:- Bunty.....you don't have to...

He began but Vikram's death glare cut him off in between and he had to submit to his demands.

Anuj:- Okay fine !!.....tujhe jo karna hai kar.....but first tell me GK kaha hai?

He inquired, having not seen GK since morning and Vikram told him his whereabouts.

Vikram:- Wo park me gaye hai walk pe !!

He informed and Anuj knew Vikram was trying to cover up for GK as he never goes on a morning walk this late.

Anuj:- Walk pe gaye hai ya apni girlfriend se milne?

He questioned with a smirk, knowing full well the reason behind GK's absence and Vikram understood this.

Vikram:- Knowing him.....second event ki possibility thodi zada hai.

He said, pursing his lips to suppress a smile but Anuj let out a chuckle seeing this and in no time, they both burst into laughter.

Anuj:- Right !!

The duo high-fived as their laughs subsided but soon disappointment took over Anuj as he realized he couldn't check over Anupama without GK handing him over his phone and Vikram sensed this.

Vikram:- Anuj.....I know tu GK ko isiliye dhund raha hai kyuki tera phone unke pass hai.....but tu chinta mat kar......meri Devika se baat hui thi......Anu bilkul theek hai.

He tried to pacify Anuj but Anuj's worries didn't seem to go away.

Anuj:- I don't know yrrr.....mujhe bas kuch accha sa nahi lag raha......Anu kal jis halat me thi....plus wo pata nahi project site se kha gayi.....mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha.

He expressed his concern and Vikram tried to reason with him.

Vikram:- Tu itna hyper kyu ho raha hai?.....and what do you mean tujhe nahi pata ki wo project site se kaha gayi?......tujhe Anu ka message nahi mila kya?

He questioned and a clueless Anuj started getting anxious hearing his statement.

Anuj:- Kaisa message?.....Anu ne mujhe koi message kiya tha?

He asked Vikram, not having checked his phone since last night but Vikram didn't realize this.

Vikram:- Sirf tujhe nahi......hum dono ko.

He replied to Anuj, thinking he had forgotten about the message due to stress but soon, it dawned upon him that Anuj might not know about the message at all as his phone wasn't with him.

Vikram:- Oh God !!......please don't tell me GK ne usse pehle tere se tera phone le liya tha.

He stated, looking at Anuj's pale face that had lost his color hearing about a possible message from Anupama that could have been urgent.

Anuj:- Why do you think I am looking for him first thing in the morning?.....Maine unse kaha tha ki Anu ya Devika ka koi call ya text aayega to mujhe jaga denge.....lekin GK bhi na.....sunte hi nahi hai meri baat.

Anuj snorted in displeasure and Vikram wondered if he should have broken the news to him a bit slowly while Anuj went on to question him.

Anuj:- Anyways mujhe bata ki Anu ne kya message kiya tha?.....is she alright?......kahi Vanraj ne fir se uske saath kuch kiya to nahi?

He inquired, worried about the circumstances Anupama might be facing and Vikram decided to fill him in.

Vikram:- Vanraj ka to pata nahi but usne Vanraj ke saath bahut kuch kar diya !!

He began as he poured the hot coffee in two cups and Anuj looked at him baffled, having no idea about the situation.

Anuj:- Matalab?

He asked, perplexed and Vikram handed him over his cup.

Vikram:- Drink this first !!

He said, walking over from the kitchen into the living room with his coffee while Anuj followed him in anticipation.

Anuj:- Bunty......mujhe tension ho rahi hai.....please bata kya hua hai?

He inquired as they both settled on the couch in the living room and Vikram took out his phone from his pocket to show Anuj something.

Vikram:- Yeh sun.....

He played it on his phone and Anuj took it from him as he heard a familiar voice on the recording.

Turning up the volume, he went on to confirm if he heard right and his eyes went saucers as he realized whose voice it was.

Mujhse dur rehne ki jagah......tumne mera office hi join kar liya......aur waha bhi mera jeena haram kar diya......Tumahri wajah se mujhe mere boss ne us project me changes karne ko kaha jispe mai mahino se kaam kar raha tha.....tumahri wajah se Vikram ne Kavya ki sabke saamne insult ki.....tumahri wajah se humare marketing ideas ko office me side pe rakh diya gaya.....just because tum Vikram ki dost thi.

The recording continued causing Anuj to ball his palm in a fist as he heard Vanraj spew venom against Anupama.

Isiliye jab mujhe mauka mila to maine tumhe apne office aur apni beti dono se dur karne ki kosis ki.....maine hi Kavya se kaha Subodh ke through wo bids system se churane ko taaki wo Singhania MG Group ko wo bids leak kar sake......maine hi Kiara ko paise diye tumhe jhooth bolkar Vikram me office me bhejne ke lie.....in fact itna hi nahi.....Vikram ke office ka wo video footage jisme tum bids wali file check kar rahi thi.....wo bhi kisi aur ne nahi maine hi leak kiya tha.

Anuj:- Singhania !!

He let out as the recording came to an end and he finally understood the reason behind Mr. Singhania's continuous efforts to file a case against Anupama.

However, he still needed someone to confirm whether he is on the right track and that's when Vikram addressed his concern.

Vikram:- Anuj.....don't doubt yourself.....Tu sahi soch raha hai.....Vanraj aur Singhania mile hue hai !!

He explained Anuj that he was right in thinking about Singhania's involvement with Vanraj and Anuj didn't know how to react to it.

He sat there in silence, looking for some kind of explanation from Vikram as to how this recording was obtained by him while Vikram took a deep breath and went on to tell him about Anupama's involvement in it.

Vikram:- Aur yahi batane ke liye Anu ne hume yeh recording bheji thi......along with a message ki.....hum Vanraj ke khilaf koi bhi action le sakte hai.....hume uski family ke baare me sochne ki zarurat nahi hai.

He informed Anuj and Anuj was left in astonishment hearing this.

Anuj:- Wo sab to theek hai Bunty.....lekin....usne yeh sab record kiya kaise?.....aur kyu?.....use kaise pata tha Vanraj kya bolne wala hai?

He asked Vikram but Vikram nodded in a no.

Vikram:- Nahi.....use kuch nahi pata tha but Meri Devika se baat hui thi kal raat.....she told me everything.

He tried to clear Anuj's doubts, referring to a conversation with Devika while Anuj patiently waited for him to disclose its details.

Vikram:- Actually Anu ne plan kiya tha ki wo Vanraj ko gussa dila ke usse sach ugalwane ka try karegi.....about framing her in the fraud case......so that wo uska confession record karke Pakhi ki custody lene me use kar sake.....aur Vanraj ko sabak sikha sake.

He told Anuj everything that conspired in the Shah House except for the deal between Anupama and Vanraj and Anuj just couldn't believe what he heard.

Anuj:- Really.....she thought of that?

He inquired again, astounded by the fact that Anupama could turn this cold and brutal on the Shahs but Vikram affirmed that she did.

Vikram:- Not only she thought of it.....she executed it pretty damn well.

He said with a tinge of pride in his voice and Anuj couldn't help but smile at it.

Vikram:- Infact......agar usne yeh nahi kiya hota to....hume kabhi pata nahi chalta ki Singhania bhi in sabme involved hai.

He further added and Anuj was suddenly reminded of the matter at hand.

Anuj:- I told you.....we can't trust Singhania.....lekin tune tab meri baat hi nahi suni.

He jogged Vikram's memory about a discussion they had years ago on Singhania's real intentions but Vikram knew that the discussion was of no relevance at the moment.

Vikram:- I understand.....I should have listened to you but Anuj.....back then.....he was a clean man.....I had no reason to not give him his place on the board.

He tried to reason and Anuj knew that he was right.

It was not the time to think about the past but to devise a future course of action in order to deal with the situation.

He thought to himself and made Vikran aware of the sensitivity of the situation.

Anuj:- Well now you have......so we need to get rid of him.....that too without a scandal.

He said but Vikram had already put his plan in motion which was in total contradiction with Anuj's suggestion.

He knew that Anuj wouldn't like it but still, he decided to disclose it to him.

Vikram:- Well in that case,we have a problem.

He stated and Anuj looked at him in confusion.

Anuj:- What are you talking about?

He asked, baffled and Vikram told him about the meeting he had scheduled with a certain someone.

Vikram:- I am talking about the fact that I have scheduled a meeting with Singhania and Vanraj in the evening......not together but yes they will be there in the office at the same time.

He said and Anuj had no idea what to make of it.

Anuj:- And why would you do that?.....I just told you.....we need to do this quietly......meaning Singhania ko is baare me kuch bhi nahi pata chalna chahiye until we get some solid proof against him.....

He reiterated his concern and Vikram tried to address it.

Vikram:- And the only way to get that proof is by confronting both of them at the same time so that they can't make up some bullshit later on.

He reasoned while Anuj realized that Vikram was planning something which wasn't needed at the moment.

Anuj:- I understand Bunty that you want to pit them against each other......but you are forgetting the fact that Vanraj is already against Singhania.....you don't need to persuade him anymore.

He reminded Vikram but Vikram was apprehensive.

Vikram:- How can you be so sure of that?

He questioned Anuj and Anuj explained it to him.

Anuj:- Because my darling.....if Vanraj has been sitting on Singhania's name all this while.....this means he has more than enough proof to point the finger at him for everything and he is going to use it to get Kavya and himself a deal.

He said, anticipating Vanraj's intentions from the recording and Vikram understood from his tone that Anuj was planning something.

Vikram:- Don't tell me you want to negotiate with that scum.

He confronted him on the matter and Anuj finally spoke his mind on the allegation.

Anuj:- I want to kill that scum but not before getting what I want.

He said with a great deal of displeasure in his voice and Vikram felt relieved that Anuj hasn't changed his mind about putting Vanraj in his place.

However, his relief didn't stay for long as Anuj uttered his next statement.

Anuj:- Just do one thing.....cancel the meeting with Singhania and let Vanraj come......we only need to confront him at the moment.

He instructed Vikram and suddenly Vikram grew a little concerned at this.

He knew that Anuj must have something in mind for Vanraj later on if he is thinking of negotiating with him now but he needed to be sure this time considering the thing Anupama has risked to get him and Anuj this recording.

He needed to ensure that Anupama's efforts and sacrifice didn't go to waste and hence, he decided to tell Anuj all about it.

Vikram:- I don't think that's a good idea.

He said, dismissing Anuj's idea and Anuj raised his eyebrow in question hearing this.

Anuj:- Don't you trust me?

He asked Vikram, wondering if he is still concerned that he might let Vanraj go but Vikram reassured Anuj with a nod that it's not the case.

Vikram:- I do but Anu has let go off something extremely important to get you this recording and I just want to ensure that it doesn't go to waste.

He told Anuj and Anuj looked at him in bewilderment.

Anuj:- What are you talking about Bunty?

He inquired and Vikram took a deep breath before answering him.

Vikram:- I wasn't about to tell you this because Devika told me not to but I think it's important ki koi bhi decision lene se pehle tujhe yeh baat pata ho.

He began in a serious tone but an impatient Anuj interrupted him in between.

Anuj:- Bunty saaf saaf bol.....kya bolna chahta hai?......Anu has sacrificed what for this recording?

He questioned Vikram and Vikram disclosed everything to him at once.

Vikram:- Pakhi's custody.

He stated and Anuj sat there in shock hearing it.

Anuj:- WHAT !!

He let out in a loud voice, not being able to understand what Vikram was talking about.

Anuj:- But why would she do that?......tune abhi hi mujhse kaha na ki.....she is going to use this recording to get Pakhi's custody?

He further inquired and Vikram explained it to him about what transpired in the Shah House following Anupama's recording.

Vikram:- Haan.....but actually.....I don't know if Anu was trying to stall Vanraj or she really meant it.....but jitna mujhe Devika se pata chala hai......Anu ne Vanraj ke saath ek deal ki hai is recording ko lekar.

He said with a bit of a doubt in his voice and Anuj grew tense with every word of his.

Anuj:- Kaisi deal?

He asked Vikram as soon as he finished and Vikram knew he had to tell him even if Anupama and Devika didn't like it.

Vikram:- Yahi ki wo hume yeh recording nahi degi agar Vanraj Pakhi ki joint custody ke papers pe aaj sign kar dega to.

He revealed it to Anuj and for a minute, Anuj couldn't think of anything but the deal.

He knew that this deal between Anupama and Vanraj was a representation of Anupama's first step towards dealing with Vanraj's manipulation and he was really proud that she took it.

He didn't want to ruin it for her and therefore, the option of confronting Vanraj with that recording now seemed a little out of reach.

He wanted Anupama to win this battle against Vanraj before he used him to put Singhani in the ground.

Meanwhile, Vikram understood the dilemma Anuj was facing right now and hence, he decided to confront him.

Vikram:- Anuj.....I know tere dimag me kya chal raha hai....but.....if we threaten Singhania with this recording.......maybe he will cave and Vanraj wouldn't catch a whiff of it.

He suggested a plan, trying to make it easy for him but Anuj knew that it carried a good amount of risk with it which he can't afford to take, especially with Anupama.

Anuj:- Singhania is not a fool Bunty......if we confront him.....chances are that he will put all the blame on Vanraj and we would never get rid of him from this company......plus agar Vanraj ko pata chal gaya to wo kabhi Anu ko Pakhi ki custody nahi dega.....and I m not going to let this happen.

He said, laying out the entire situation for Vikram but Vikram wasn't convinced with this.

Vikram:- Anuj.....lekin ek baar Anu se baat karke to dekh......usne yeh recording hume kuch soch samajhkar hi bheja hoga.

He insisted for Anuj to talk to Anupama but Anuj wasn't ready for this.

Anuj:- Bunty......tu to jaanta hai na use......agar mai usse baat karunga to wo yahi kahegi ki mai uske ya Pakhi ke baare me na sochu aur apni company ke hisaab se decision lu.

He refused, citing that he already knew what Anupama would say if he confronted her when suddenly he heard a voice coming from the door that argued it.

Ek baar mujhse baat karke to dekhiye Anuj.

It said and both turned towards it in wonder.

Shah House, Ahmedabad

28th August 2022, 11:00 am

It was a quiet morning at the Shahs as not one member in the family wanted to talk to the other after the bomb Anupama had dropped on them last evening.

Toshu and Pakhi were in their room since last night, too upset to come out......Kavya was pacing around her room, waiting for their lawyer's call and Bapuji was sitting on the sofa, silently sipping on to his morning tea while Baa and Vanraj were having breakfast on the dining table, discussing about the whole Anupama and Pakhi situation.

Baa:- Vanraj.....Anupama ka koi phone aaya Pakhi ko lekar?

Baa asked Vanraj, worried if Anupama was serious about her promise of not using the recording or not and Vanraj hesitantly reminded her that Anupama never lies when it comes to her children.

Vanraj:- Abhi tak to nahi Baa.....lekin baat Pakhi ki hai....agar usne kaha tha ki wo papers bhijwayegi to matalab bhijwayegi.

He said, assuring Baa that Anupama will follow up on her promise as always but this time, Baa was skeptical for some reason.

Baa:- Aur agar uska man badal gaya to?

She questioned Vanraj but before he could answer, Bapuji interrupted in between.

Bapuji:-Aisa kuch nahi hai.....Meri beti ek baar jo faisala le leti hai.....fir wo usse peeche nahi hatati.

He stated in defense of his daughter and Baa was left annoyed by his statement.

Baa:- Aapki beti peeche hate ya chahe aage badhe.....bas mere bete ko kisi musibat me na daale.

She taunted him but Bapuji soon put Baa in her place.

Bapuji:- Tera beta musibat me apni wajah se padta hai.....uski wajah se nahi.

He retorted in indignation and an irked Baa couldn't control herself any more.

Baa:- Dekhiye aap....

She began in a furious tone but Vanraj cut her off in between.

Vanraj:- Baa shaant ho jaaiye....bas shaant ho jaaiye aap dono.....please.

He requested, tired of hearing everyone fight in his house but Baa didn't pay any heed to it.

Baa:- Mai to shaant hi hoo.....yeh to tere bacche aur Bapuji hai jo kal se kuch na kuch leke tujhe aur mujhe sunaye jaa rahe hai.

She complained to Vanraj about his kids but before Vanraj could address it and calm her down, Pakhi entered the hall, shouting.

Pakhi:- Haan to kyu na sunaye Baa?.....Kavya aur Papa ne kaam hi aisa kiya hai.....aur upar se aap hai ki jo unka support kar rahi hai.

She commented in a voice, loud enough for everyone to hear and Baa scolded her for the arrogance.

Baa:- Tu choti hai....choti ban ke reh.....zada zubaan mat chala.

She reprimanded her but Pakhi was not in the mood to listen.

Pakhi:- Wo mai kaise kar sakti hoo?.....wo to aapka kaam hai.

She scoffed at Baa and Vanraj had had enough of her rude behaviour.

Vanraj:- PAKHI.

He yelled at her for disrespecting his mother but Toshu came in Pakhi's support as soon as he entered the hall and saw Vanraj shouting at her.

Toshu:- Enough Papa.....aap apna frustration Pakhi pe utarna band kijiye.

He stopped Vanraj from unleashing his anger on Pakhi and Vanraj grew furious hearing this.

He stood from the dining table in agitation and walked upto the place where Toshu and Pakhi were standing while Baa and Bapuji followed him, worried that he might do something that he shouldn't.

Vanraj:- Aab tu mujhe sikhayega....mujhe kya karna chahiye.....kya nahi?

However, Vanraj just questioned Toshu for interrupting him and Toshu tried his best to avoid a conversation with him.

Toshu:- Zaroorat padi to definitely......lekin abhi ke liye mere pass bahut kaam hai.....so I am leaving.

He sneered as he turned to leave but Baa stopped him.

Baa:- Kaha jaa raha hai tu?

She inquired, wondering if he was going to Rakhi's and Toshu understood what she really wanted to know.

Toshu:- Filhal to office jaa raha hoo.....lekin agar papa ne shaam tak yeh AK Group ka matter sort out nahi kiya to......mai humesha ke liye yeh ghar chodke chala jaunga.

He stated in a warning and Vanraj was out of patience hearing Toshu and his threats again and again.

Vanraj:- Toshu yeh dhamki dena band kar......maine already teri baat maan li hai.....mai Pakhi ki custody Anupama ko de raha hoo......aab isse zada tu kya chahta hai......mai kya karu?

He questioned Toshu, asking him what more he can do to gain his trust and Toshu expressed his concern to him.

Toshu:- Mummy ko Pakhi ki custody dene se sirf recording ki problem solve hoti hai Papa......court case ki nahi....Aap bhul rahe hai to yaad dila du ki kal aapki court hearing hai aur agar Anuj Kapadia ne aapki help nahi ki to aap aur Kavya humesha ke liye jail jaa sakte hai.

He said, reminding Vanraj of the court hearing that was scheduled for tomorrow but Vanraj dismissed all his arguments in arrogance.

Vanraj:- Mujhe Anuj ki nahi......Anuj ko meri help ki zaroorat hai.

He stated, confident of the fact that Anuj will ask him for help after the warning he gave him and both Pakhi and Toshu let out a sarcastic chuckle hearing this.

Pakhi:- Ohh really Papa?.....agar aisii hi baat hai to unhone abhi tak aapko call kyu nahi kiya hai?

She questioned Vanraj as to why Anuj hadn't yet called him but Vanraj didn't have an answer for it.

Vanraj:- Wo....

He began, trying to make up some excuse to tell Pakhi but a worried Kavya cut off the conversation in between as she came running from her room with a phone in her hand.

Kavya:- V......what the hell?......tumahra phone kabse room me baj raha hai aur tum yaha khade hoke apne baccho se behas kar rahe ho.

She hollered as she walked upto Vanraj in long strides and an already tensed Vanraj snapped at her for it.

Vanraj:- Yaha aake mujhe sunane ki jagah.....tum mujhe mera phone bhi to laa ke de sakti ho Kavya.

He said, chiding Kavya for the unnecessary shouting and Kavya retorted by handing over his phone to him.

Kavya:- Wahi karne aayi hoo !!

She stated in annoyance as she drew out Vanraj's palm and slammed his phone on it while Vanraj looked at the screen to find out whose call it was and as soon as he realized that it was no one but his lawyer, a sigh of relief escaped his lips.

Vanraj:- Hello !!

He picked up the call with a smirk and Mr. Tripathi on the other side started complaining as soon as he did.

Mr. Tripathi:- Mr. Shah.....mai aapko kabse call kar raha hoo.....why are you not picking up?

He questioned Vanraj and Vanraj wondered if it was something important.

Vanraj:- Sorry Mr. Tripathi.....mera phone silent pe tha.....isiliye pata nahi chala.....aap boliye....kuch important baat hai?

He asked Mr. Tripathi and Mr. Tripathi revealed to him the reason he was calling him continuously.

Mr. Tripathi:- Jii....isiliye to maine aapko call kiya hai.....actually AK Group ki lawyer Mrs. Malhotra ne apko settlement meeting ke liye bulaya hai.

He disclosed and Vanraj immediately understood that his plan was successful.

Vanraj:- Kaha pe?

He asked with happiness and relief oozing out of his voice and Mr. Tripathi gave him the details of the meeting.

Mr. Tripathi:- AK Group ke office me.....dopahar do baje.

He informed Vanraj and Vanraj assured him that they would be there on time.

Vanraj:- Theek hai Mr. Tripathi.....mai aur Kavya waha pahuch jaayenge.....aap tension mat lijiye.

He stated in reassurance and Mr. Tripathi felt relieved that he finally doesn't have to deal with Vanraj after today.

Mr. Tripathi:- I hope so....See you at 2.

He said as he disconnected the call and everyone around Vanraj bombarded him with questions.

Baa:- Kya hua Vanraj?

She questioned him, wondering what the call was about and Kavya too joined her impatiently.

Kavya:- Kya kaha Mr. Tripathi ne?

She asked Vanraj, worried if it's some bad news but a confident Vanraj put her at ease with his next statement.

Vanraj:- Wahi jo maine bola tha.....maine kaha tha na ki mujhe Anuj ki nahi.....Anuj ko meri help ki zaroorat padegi.....bas wahi hua.....aakhir usne hume settlement meeting ke liye bula hi liya.

He said with a proud smile on his face and Kavya breathed a sigh of relief hearing this.

Kavya:- That's great V.....thank God tumne Anupama ki baat maan li.....agar usne wo recording Anuj ko bhej di hoti.....to use kabhi humari help ki zaroorat hi nahi padti.

She stated in her over excitement to hear the news and Baa too joined her, feeling happy about how the situation turned out to be.

Baa:- Pehli baar is maide ki katori ne kuch sahi bola hai......Kanhaji aapka lakh lakh dhanywaad mere bete ko is musibat se nikalne ke liye.

She thanked God for getting her son out of a jam but a sarcastic Toshu took a jibe at Baa and her son.

Toshu:- Itne jaldi mat thank you boliye Baa.....papa ko haath me di hui acchi cheez fekne ki bahut purani aadat hai......wo is mauke ko bhi barbaad karne ka koi na koi raasta zaroor nikal lenge.

He sneered at Vanraj but right now, Vanraj was in no mood to argue with him.

Vanraj:- Toshu......mai tujhse is wakt koi behas nahi karna chahta.....bas itna kehna chahta hoo ki shaam tak ka intezaar kar le.....I will sort everything out.

He asked Toshu to have some patience until the evening and Toshu agreed with him though not whole heartedly.

Toshu:- Well.....I hope you don't screw it up.

He said as he turned to walk out the main door and both Pakhi and Bapuji followed him while Vanraj stood there in silence, wondering if his family would ever come back to him and Baa understood his emotions.

Baa:- Tu chinta mat kar Vanraj.....ek baar tu is musibat se bahar aa jayega na.....to Toshu aur Pakhi bhi us Anupama ko chodke teri taraf ho jaayenge.....bas tab tak ke liye dil aur dimaag dono shaant rakh !!

She said, asking Vanraj to keep faith in himself and Vanraj nodded in understanding hearing this.

Vanraj:- Jaisa aap kahe Baa !!

He stated as he made his way to his room along with Kavya to prepare for the meeting while Baa turned towards the idol of kanhaji kept in the hall and prayed to him for her son's well being.

Hey Kanhaji.....mere baccho ko is musibat se jaldi nikal dena.

She said as she went on to light the lamp in front of him.

That's it for this part.

Hope you liked it.❤️

Precap:-

Anu:- Anuj.....

She called out to him as softly as possible while hesitantly placing her hand on his clenched fists and a lost Anuj came back to the present, feeling her soft touch on his hard knuckles.

He knew that it was not in his imagination because not even in his wildest dreams, he could have imagined Anupama holding his hands but she was......she was holding his hand in that moment just to calm him down and Anuj didn't want to jinx anything by looking at her.

So instead, he sat looking at their hands in silence while his tensed up body relaxed under her touch and Anupama could feel this change in him.

She could feel his clenched fists loosen up and wondered if it was the right time to initiate the conversation again.

Anu:- Anuj....

She called his name in a whisper and gave his hand a gentle squeeze while Anuj turned to look at her with all the love in his eyes that he could fathom.

Anu:- Jo bhi man me hai.....bol dijiye na....

The next part will be coming next week.

Till then, please vote and share...and do leave your thoughts about the part in the comment section ❤️

Thank you ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 1.5K 29
Hey friends !!!! This is my first fanfiction and the beautiful bond between anidita from barrister babu inspired me to write this. It is not same as...
32.7K 1.7K 29
STORY ABOUT TWO BROKEN PEOPLE, ANUPAMA JOSHI AND ANUJ KAPADIA!! ONE WHO IS AFRAID TO FALL IN LOVE AGAIN!! AND THE OTHER ONE WHO IS HAPPY WITH HIS ON...
70K 4.1K 45
Fanfiction stories based on the show Anupama. A tad different storyline than what actually was shown in the series. More focused on MaAn marital lif...
19.3K 1.3K 25
MaAn - The Respect ! A story about Anupama who faced a traumatic situation on her 25th Marriage Anniversary. A Story of Anuj Kapadia who spent his e...