GATE: Awakening The Sleeping...

By stevenwn1

A mysterious, ancient-looking gate appeared in Washington, D.C., sometime in the 21st century. From the gate... More

Chapter 1: A Terrible Resolve
Chapter 2: The Massacre of Alnus
Chapter 3: Strange First Contact
Chapter 4: The Eagle of Freedom V.S The Ancient Fire Dragon
Chapter 5: The Men in Green
Chapter 6: The Visit for Italica
Chapter 7: The Fight for Italica
Chapter 8: Possible Peace
Chapter 9: Journey to Fort Alnus
Chapter 10: Welcome to DC
Chapter 11: Peace Negotiations
Chapter 12: American Firepower
Chapter 13: A Shocking Discovery
Chapter 14: Timely Reinforcements
Chapter 15: Old Buddies
Chapter 16: A Trip Gone Horribly Wrong
Weapon Suggestions (Not a Chapter)
Chapter 17: The Imperial Coup
Chapter 18: The Fall of Sadera
Give me your ideas (Not a Chapter)
Chapter 19: Unlikely Allies
Dream Team (Not a Chapter)
Chapter 20: Mother Russias First Battle
Chapter 21: Capture of Bellnahgo
Chapter 22: Did I Hear OIL?
Future Books (Not a Chapter)
I NEED YOUR HELP (Not A Chapter)
Chapter 23: Captain John Brown Sends His Regards
Chapter 24: GOOOOOOD MORNING SADERA!
A FULL EXPLANATION (THE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION)
Chapter 25: The Eyes of the Slaughtered
Chapter 26: Reminiscing the Past
Chapter 27: Team Reconnaissance
Chapter 28: Strange Encounters
Chapter 29: Siege of Castle Ither
Chapter 30: A Powerful Message
Book Timeline (Not a Chapter)
Chapter 31: Unleashing Hell
Chapter 32: A New Enemy
Chapter 33: Strange Relationships
Chapter 34: Increasing the Coalition
Chapter 35: A Special Meeting
Chapter 36: YOU FOOL GERMAN ENGINEERING IS SUPERIOR!
Chapter 37: The 'Friendly' Neighbors From The North
Chapter 38: The Beginning of a Revolution
Chapter 39: Return of Hunter 2-1
Chapter 40: Operation Silent Valor
Chapter 41: The Great Raid
Primo Victoria (Not a Chapter)
Chapter 43: Magical City Of Rondel
Chapter 44: The Goddess of the Underworld
Chapter 45: Complete the Mission!
Can we please talk? (Not a Chapter but it's important)
Chapter 46: Perspective of Soldiers
Chapter 47: The Lenses of War
Chapter 48: Escalation of War
Chapter 49: Boarding the Vessel
Chapter 50: Incredible Demands
Chapter 51: Arms Dealing
Chapter 52: It Ain't Me
Chapter 53: Land and Air
Chapter 54: Futile Guerilla Fighting
Important Announcement
Chapter 55: An Alliance of Steel
OverSimplified script (Not a chapter)
Chapter 56: The Wisdom of Legionnaires
Chapter 57: Operation Sovereign Duty: The Beginning
Possible Final Good-bye
Chapter 58: A Tremendous Liberation
I'm Sorry
Update
Final Update

Chapter 42: A Sudden Revelation

1.4K 39 16
By stevenwn1

Hours before...

Back with the CH-53E Super Stallion team, they had finally made it to the vicinity of Cnappnuy after a long and arduous journey.

The massive helicopter soared through the skies above the thick clouds, gradually descending toward their destination.

"Sir Ramirez, it's all white outside the window again," Piña remarked, peering through the glass.

"That's because we're nearing Cnappnuy, so we're descending down," Mike responded.

The CH-53E Super Stallion pressed forward, venturing out of the dense cloud cover.

Captain Jones and Taylor, navigated the aircraft cautiously through the skies.

"How far are we from the bottom?" Jones inquired, focusing intently on the surroundings.

"Keep your eyes peeled," Taylor advised, their attention fixed on the task at hand.

"We'll rely on the topographic map we created to guide us through this region." Taylor told Jones, also watching the surroundings.

The Super Stallion continued its course through the clouds, making steady progress.

Eventually, the helicopter emerged from the misty veil, revealing the awe-inspiring sight of Cnappnuy spread out below.

"WOAH!" Jones exclaimed, caught off guard by the breathtaking view that unfolded before them.

As the Super Stallion glided over the rugged canyons and imposing terrain of the area, Mitchell and Wilson noticed something peculiar on the ground.

"What's that?" Wilson questioned, pointing eagerly at the intriguing sight.

Intrigued, Michelle followed his gaze, her eyes widening as she beheld a radiant light emanating from a nearby cave.

The brilliance of the light was so intense that it resembled the combined glow of several billion flashlights switched on simultaneously.

Lelei, who happened to be positioned near the entrance of the CH-53E, promptly signaled Mike to take notice of the phenomenon.

Mike, intrigued by the commotion, made his way to the door and inquired

"What's wrong?" Mike asked the helicopter pilots.

"It's a bright light. Let's land in a nearby ravine to investigate its source," Taylor proposed, her voice filled with a mix of curiosity and caution.

"I'll leave that to both of you," Mike responded, returning to his seat, placing his trust in the capable hands of the pilots.

"Appreciate the confidence," both pilots chimed in unison, their focus now shifted towards maneuvering the helicopter closer for a safe landing.

As they descended, carefully choosing a suitable plateau, the crew eventually touched down the CH-53E Super Stallion in a spacious ravine close to the cave emitting the mysterious light.

With the helicopter on the ground, the six Marines swiftly disembarked, their weapons at the ready, scanning the surroundings for any signs of life.

"James, do you see anything on your side?" Foley asked, his voice filled with a mix of urgency and anticipation as he aimed his M4A1 at the fog.

James strained his eyes, attempting to pierce through the thick fog that enveloped the area.

After a moment of intense scrutiny, he shook his head and replied.

"Can't see shit." James replied, trying to spot anything or anyone in the misty fog.

The tension in the air grew palpable as the team stood vigilant, their senses heightened in the face of the unknown.

Little did they know that their journey was about to take a dramatic turn, unveiling secrets and challenges that would test their mettle in ways they could never have anticipated.

"Alright..." Mike said cautiously, his voice barely audible in the eerie silence of the cave.

"Let's enter the cave." Mike's words hung in the air, causing the remaining five Marines to exchange glances, their expressions a mixture of curiosity and apprehension.

"Are you sure Captain? We don't even know what's in there," Hailey said, her voice laced with concern.

"I know, Doc, but we-" Before Mike could finish his sentence, the eliminating bright light that had illuminated the cave's entrance suddenly vanished.

The six Marines, two professors, the CNN team, and the helicopter crew looked around in confusion, their eyes straining to make out any shapes or movement in the foggy environment.

"Well... whatever is in there, it knows we're here," Foley commented, his voice tinged with a hint of unease.

"I guess we should investigate it then," Millie suggested, her voice filled with a mix of determination and curiosity.

"Right..." Mike glanced at the rest of the team, his eyes reflecting a combination of resolve and caution.

"You guys coming?" Mike asked, his tone inviting but tinged with a touch of urgency.

"I'm going in, in the name of science," Smirnov declared, his voice betraying a blend of excitement and nerves.

"Same here," Smith chimed in, his tone mirroring Smirnov's mixture of eagerness and apprehension.

"Me and Wilson will document what's inside the cave," Michelle offered, her voice calm and composed as Wilson nodded in agreement.

"We're going, of course," Rory, Tuka, and Lelei spoke in unison, their voices filled with a sense of adventure and curiosity.

"Us as well," Piña added, her voice carrying a hint of determination, while Hamilton reluctantly nodded, his apprehension palpable.

Mike acknowledged their responses with a nod before turning his gaze to the helicopter crew.

"We'll be waiting here until y'all return," Robert, the ramp gunner, assured them, his voice a mix of confidence and concern.

Captain Jones and Captain Taylor, sitting in the helicopter cockpit, flashed an approving thumbs-up, signaling their support for the team's decision.

"Alright, let's move," Mike commanded, his voice firm as he and the rest of the team entered the cave, stepping cautiously into the unknown.

The sound of their footsteps echoed through the empty halls of the cave, their attached flashlights casting eerie shadows on the stone walls.

They relied on their flashlights to guide their way through the dark and winding passages.

Wilson diligently recorded everything he could see, but as they ventured deeper into the cave, nothing seemed to catch their interest.

After an hour of walking, doubt began to creep in.

Perhaps there was nothing in the cave after all.

Maybe it was all just a wild goose chase.

Some of the team members started suggesting it was time to call it quits.

Just as they were about to turn back, the sound of their footsteps changed abruptly.

The hard stone floor gave way to a smooth surface, emitting a distinct sound reminiscent of marble.

The team came to a halt, their flashlights trained on the ground, confirming their suspicion-the entire cave floor was indeed made of marble.

The team glanced around, shining their lights on the walls, the ceiling, and the pillars that surrounded them.

Everything was bathed in the pale glow of the flashlights, revealing the stunning sight before them-marble walls adorned with intricate ancient texts and hieroglyphics.

The team's confusion deepened.

Why was there marble in this cave?

And more perplexing still, why were there ancient inscriptions on the walls?

Rory, with a gasp, rushed toward one of the hieroglyphics on the walls, her eyes widening with recognition and astonishment.

"Rory, what's wrong?" Millie asked, concern evident in her voice.

"I've seen these before," Rory said breathlessly, her voice filled with a mix of excitement and disbelief.

"They date back thousands of years ago, even before I was a demi-god, even before I was born." Rory said, as she placed her hand at a drawing of Emroy.

Her words hung in the air, leaving the team speechless.

Suddenly, a blinding light engulfed them, forcing them to shield their eyes from its overwhelming intensity.

The brilliance of the light seemed to penetrate their very beings, filling them with a sense of awe and wonder.

As the light gradually subsided, they cautiously opened their eyes, their gazes drawn upward.

What they saw left them speechless and their jaws dropped in shock.

Before them, floating effortlessly, stood a majestic figure.

It's presence exuded an otherworldly aura, captivating the attention of every member of the team.

It was a female being, radiating power and grace in equal measure.

"I've been waiting for all of you," the being spoke, her voice resonating in their minds, bypassing the need for spoken words.

The team members exchanged bewildered glances, realizing they were hearing her thoughts directly in their minds.

Their amazement mingled with a tinge of trepidation as they tried to comprehend the situation.

"Allow me to introduce myself," the being continued, gracefully descending to their eye level.

"I am Hardy, the goddess of the underworld."

Her words echoed within their minds, accompanied by a gentle smile that seemed at odds with the aura surrounding her.

(A/N: Yo Negotiator_1-1 what ya think of this?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 2.5K 115
President Y/N was a 170 year old boy who doesn't age, and his a 17th President of the United States of America. but in 2020, A gate opens in new York...
208 17 3
Combat Jack, widespread killings, mangled corpses, dumb-ass officers, equipment shortage, confusion, command incompetence, friendly fire, collateral...
44K 1.2K 18
The fall of Afghanistan and the situation within the pacific has the United States begun to loosen its grip on the coalitions they once established...
98.9K 1.8K 82
(A/N: I know I'm making another gate fanfic, Well if you guys want to know, Don't ask) The USCA (Or United States Continent of America) was the most...