Heartstrings (Ushijima x Rea...

By midnight_s0ul

When Ushiwaka, a stoic and reserved high schooler, lays eyes on Oikawa's little sister, he is struck with lov... More

Note
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three (Epilogue)
Bonus: Time-skip!

Chapter Sixteen

1.3K 27 2
By midnight_s0ul

"Oh...____-san, what are you doing here? It's still early." Takeru eyed at her, certainly confused.

It was her turn to pick Takeru up from his practice late at night, but today they canceled club activities. That meant that Toruu and her were going to be home at the same time.

"What do you mean what am I doing here?" She asked petting Takerus's head. "I'm just going to watch my favorite nephew play!"

"Yeah, sure." He intertwined his eyes suspiciously. "I'm your only nephew anyways..." He murmured.

"Go go they are calling you!" She fakely smiled and pushed him to leave her as she lied.

She wanted to run away from her older brother, but more than that... she knew Ushijima lived nearby despite never going to his house.

Why was she searching for him was the question in the first place, when she had ignored him and acted cold towards him to make him lose interest in her.

But just a quick glance won't do anything, right?

She sat over the small bleacher looking everywhere else but Takeru's practice.

°°°

Little did she know that Ushijima wasn't at his home, not even near it.

He was in front of hers, hoping to talk things...

He looked at the name once again to make sure the 'Oikawa' name wasn't misspelled.

He pressed the ring and waited for an answer with a huge boutique of flowers in his left hand.

No answer.

He rang again. A little more impatient.

He pressed it one more time.

"I'm coming i'm coming." A groan was heard on the other side. "I was sleeping ___, didn't you take your keys?!"

The door opened.

Revealing not a small girl with long hair and a lovely presence. But a guy with her same features, much tall and much more annoying.

"USHIWAKA?!" Oikawa Toruu gawked. Stupidly staring at him. "What are you doing here? and whAT ARE THOSE?! ROSES???"

A mix of anger and confusion surged through Oikawa, threatening to overwhelm him.

The sight of a vulnerable Ushijima with flowers in hand for his sister made a bitter laugh leave his lips as he struggled to come to terms with the absurdity of the situation.

The person he despised the most...was standing at his doorstep with flowers in hand.

"I came to talk." Ushijima's expression remained calm and composed.

Oikawa's face contorted with a mix of disbelief and incredulity.

'How can he even face ME?' He thought.

"Well, she is not here." Oikawa, his expression still frozen in disbelief, moved to close the door, but Ushijima's hand swiftly intercepted it, preventing it from shutting completely.

"I dont want to talk to her," Ushijima spoke firmly, his voice carrying a hint of determination. "I want to talk to you, Oikawa."

Oikawa's brows furrowed, caught off guard by Ushijima's insistence. He couldn't comprehend why Ushijima would seek him out, especially after their strained interactions. Yet, there was a resolute sincerity in Ushijima's gaze that gave him pause.

"Why would I want to talk to you?" Oikawa's voice trembled slightly, a mixture of anger and vulnerability seeping through.

Ushijima's grip on the door loosened, but he maintained his position, keeping the door from closing completely. His eyes met Oikawa's, unwavering and earnest.

"Because I care about her," Ushijima said softly, his words laced with sincerity. "I care about your sister, Oikawa. And I want you to understand that."

***

As they arrived home, Takeru chattered excitedly about his practice. The same practice she ignored looking for Ushijima.

Not that she was sad...

of course not...

just a little disappointed...

a little...

Takeru continued chitchatting while she continued walking directly to her room. The only thing she wanted to do right at that moment was to get into her bed and cry.

She passed through the hallway and glanced at the kitchen. There was her brother that seemed to not notice her as she passed.

She thought Iwaizumi had arrived when she stopped to wave at him before locking herself up in her room.

But when in her view wasn't the familiar boy with spiky hair and turquoise eyes.

But instead, there stood Ushijima, his tall figure looming over her brother. His presence, strong and unwavering, caught her off guard.

"Wakatoshi..." Her voice was so soft it was bearly heard. A flicker of happiness sparked in her eyes,

She felt a surge of overwhelming emotions, a longing to run towards Ushijima, wrap her arms around him, and shower him with kisses. But she held herself back, aware of her brother's presence.

But the look in her eyes was quickly replaced by a jolt of confusion and disbelief.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS HAPPENING HERE?

"Wakatoshi?!" She repeated her voice being nervous and somewhat scared of what she was seeing.

It seemed like they were engaged in a serious conversation, their expressions intense and focused. Certainly, a scene that defied her understanding.

They both turned as they heard her voice, their eyes locking with hers. There was a brief moment of silence, tension thick in the air.

Oikawa's gaze hardened, his voice dripping with bitterness. "So, you finally decided to show up! Are you here to take him away aswell?"

Confusion and hurt flashed across her face. "What are you talking about, Onichan? Take him away? I don't understand..."

A bitter laugh escaped Oikawa's lips, filled with resentment and pain.

"So that's why you want her...you want her to destroy me, isnt it?" Oikawa's voice quivered with an undercurrent of vulnerability. "Is that what this is about? Taking her away from me, just like you've taken everything else?"

Ushijima's voice remained calm yet determined. "Oikawa, you're mistaken. My feelings for her are genuine. I care about her deeply."

Tears welled up in her eyes as she pleaded with her brother. "Onichan, please... He makes me happy. Can't you see that?"

But Oikawa's heart had hardened, his resentment becoming an impenetrable barrier. His expression grew even colder, his voice laced with anger and heartbreak. "And why can't you see how miserable he has made my life? Why do you have to be so self-absorbed?"

She desperately tried to explain, her voice choked with tears. "Onichan, you know I never wanted to hurt you. I just... I can't help how I feel."

"Can't help what you feel, right?" he laughed bitterly. "Well, then go away with him. Let him destroy you."

Oikawa's words cut through her like a knife.

"You mean nothing to me now."

After those exact words, the room fell into silence, shattered only by her trembling sobs.

The weight of his hurtful words hung heavy in the air, causing her heart to ache with a mixture of sadness and anger.

In that moment, something inside her just... snapped. She couldn't bear the thought of staying in a place where she was unloved and misunderstood.

The pain of losing her brother was devastating, but she wasn't going to sacrifice her happiness any longer.

Through tear-filled eyes, she turned to Ushijima, her voice trembling yet resolute. "Let's go, Wakatoshi."

Without waiting for a response, she rushed past her brother, leaving the echoes of her sobs behind. She didn't dare look back, fearing that the sight of Oikawa's anguished face would weaken her resolve.

Hand in hand, she and Ushijima ran through the front door, leaving him there... staring into the void, seeing everything and nothing all at once.

°°°°°
Hello hello!

im studying something i cant stand and i hate humans so muchhh.

Anyways, looking forwars Ladybug because i just saw that everything turned the other way around¿

Hoping they do the anime one day.

I have to do so many things omg.

Anywaysssss

Vote, comment and share!

it will keep me away from killing myself!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.8K 1K 16
Izuku Yagi, son of Toshinori Yagi AKA All Might the number 1 hero. Life would be perfect for him, right? Well, that's unless you're born without a qu...
8.6K 169 18
Alice.. Her family was a Villian legend.. But one day, when Alice saw her mother killing a hero in a brutal way she ran away from home. She was only...
Smile By Pravi29

Fanfiction

53.9K 1.3K 15
Miho Keiko is a new student at Shiratorizawa academy and she the though of making friends terrifies her but perhaps being there would give her the ha...
46.4K 1.1K 16
What would destiny will offer for the absolutely perfect emperor? Akashi Seijuro never thought that things would end up the way he didn't assume in h...