Digital Illustrator's Reincar...

By Wilbhere

(April 2024: working on new cover!) Yup, Jobless Reincarnation fanfic incoming. Where to start with this anim... More

(Re-Write Title change) Chapter 1: Guess we get another go at this.
Chapter 2: Hm, I think we are op.
Chapter 3: Let's get some real training.
Chapter 4: How time flies.
Chapter 4.5: Growth
Chapter 5: Graduation/Demon?
Chapter 6: Parental guide
Chapter 7: Family things?/Roxy's Letter
Chapter 8: W-Wow/Rudy's Resolve
Chapter 9: Red-head and the Beautiful Beast pt. 1
Chapter 11: Redhead and the Beautiful Beast pt. 3 (Final)
Chapter 12: Muscle Mommy
Chapter 13: Got Them Happy Feet (Part 1/2)
Chapter 14: Feet are still pretty Happy (Part 2/2)
Update, thanks for 10k!
Working on Season 1 part 2 of the book
Chapter 15: Change... (part 1 of 2)
Teaser for Part 2

Chapter 10: Red-head and the Beautiful Beast pt. 2

539 29 3
By Wilbhere

*A/N*

Okay, okay, now that I am taking just general classes for summer I have more free time to write and draw. So, part 3 (yes, part 3) will be a long chapter. I enjoy myself writing around this part of the story, as everything starts to pick up from this point! Thank you guys for a whopping 2k views. I'll be working on my One Piece Chapter and JJK first chapter as well. One Piece takes a bit longer to draw since I will be doing that in color. But I'm sure it'll be worth it. The fight scenes will probably be in black and white for the OC fights, but okay I'm talking about another book. Let's get into it!

***Chapter Begin***

Upon further reading the letter, Rudy learned we will be tutoring the young girl for 5 years while taking on training with Ghislaine. I had the choice to leave sooner, if so I choose on my fourteenth birthday. I haven't even thought about what Academy I want to join...

That is later stuff, the future me can think about.

We finally arrived at our destination and were brought inside a giant manor, way bigger than ours back at the village.

"Wow, I thought our house was fancy," I commented over at Rudy.

***

I stood there scratching the back of my head as this man stares down at little Rudy. Rudy was at a loss for words from the overwhelming pressure the man exuded.

"H-hello, sir, my name is Wilb Greyrat. It's a pleasure to meet you." I introduce myself with a small bit of reluctance, placing my right hand over my chest, and bowing out of respect. The older gentleman was indeed intimidating.

"What's this?!! DOES ONLY ONE OF PAUL'S SONS KNOW HOW TO DO A PROPER GREETING?!!" The older man yells out to Rudy, causing the young boy to cover his ears, being taken aback.

Oh lord, this man is loud.

There was a nice butler that stood behind us, he was also an older gentleman. He wore these small glasses and had a nice-looking mustache. He had grey hair on top, but the underneath of his hair was kind of black.

"My deepest apologies, Grand Master. While Master Wilb here is of age and well-mannered, Master Rudeus here on the other hand is still quite young and has yet to learn proper etiquette." The nice butler says trying to cover up for poor Rudy over here.

Shoot, I didn't sit and learn proper etiquette like it needs some class. It's not that Rudy doesn't have manners, this man is just scary.

"YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!" The loud older gentleman says to the butler.

Rudy was quick to recover after the exchange, as he bows in respect. He puts on a nice charming smile.

"Please excuse me. I am the one called Rudeus Greyrat." He finishes in an elegant manner.

"IS THAT ANY WAY TO DO A GREETING?!! WOW, YOUNG WILB HERE MUST GET HIS MANNERS FROM ZENITH. PAUL'S CRUDE BEHAVIOR HAS BEEN PASSED ON TO YOU!" He yells out once more displeased with Rudy's introduction.

I turn my head to the side, trying not to laugh. I could feel the annoyance coming from Rudy. I'm sure he is thinking.

'What's with this old man...'

The old man points at Rudy sternly, his bushy brows furrow

"If you've ever thought about learning proper etiquette, then you should have!!!"

He looks at me, nods, and then walks off leaving the room.

Rudy looked at me with an annoyed expression.

"Why does everyone always like you right off the bat..." He said letting out an exasperated sigh and falling into the seat on the couch behind him.

I shrug, I never got that either.

"Paul's Uncle and Grand Uncle to you two." The butler finishes explaining.

I nod my head in understanding.

"I see, well, Grand Uncle Old Man is quite intimidating." I expressed, Rudy aggressively nodding his head in agreement.

Before we could vibe about how scary our Grand Uncle was, another man walks in.

He then looks toward me, "And you as well, Wilb."

Rudy and I look toward the man named Phillip, he does the respectful bow greeting. 

I reciprocate the gesture.

"Pleasure, Philip."

He nods with a smile, looking toward Rudy who had no clue what was going on. He repeats the gesture.

"Just as your brother did here, Rudy, the nobles greet by placing their hand on their chest while they bow."

I guess in retrospect I could have taught Rudy how to introduce himself, but I barely remember too until the time comes.

"My father was upset over such a thing?" He asks raising a brow, after instructing Rudy on proper etiquette with nobles.

Rudy imitates Philip,

"Like so?" Rudy asks; wondering if he is doing it right.

"Yes, yes." Philip returns to an upright position, "But to be fair, your greeting earlier wasn't bad either." He reassures Rudy. "Anyways, let's sit down you two, and hear about how much you two know, okay?" He gestures to us to take a seat on the couch.

Which we do.

Rudy proceeded to answer that he was here to work for five years tutoring the young lady, whom we haven't been introduced to yet. Philip nods in confirmation.

"And Wilb, you're here to help and gain some training from Ghislaine, correct?" He clarifies.

I nod my head.

"That is correct, also make sure Rudy here stays out of trouble," I state with a smirk.

Philip laughs, nodding his head.

"I see, I see..."

I was a bit unsettled, because his eyes were always closed, and he always had a smile on his face.

Ghislaine finally chimes in after being quiet for a bit of time.

"Hmmm... I think you should've asked for more," She says over to Rudy, as he was just doing this to make the fee to attend the Magic University. Ghislaine opens one of her eyes looking at me. "Wilb, you're a good brother. But the young lady has a bit of a problem." She warns.

I scratch the back of my head, my brown skin getting flustered at her compliment. I am a good brother, huh?

Rudy raised a brow, a bead of sweat dripping down his face.

"Haha, it's because she's been doing whatever she wants to the tutors. But Ghislaine over there is worse than two of her."

Finally, we can see his eyes; 

He opens them, and they were quite piercing.

"But, to be honest, I won't be expecting much from you, Rudy." He intertwines his fingers in a calculating manner, "I thought your father was joking when he said it would be you, and not your older brother here. We're only trying this out at the end of the day because you are Paul's son."

I furrow my brows a bit, as did Rudy.

"Anyways, Thomas, lead the boys." He instructed the Butler, who we now know is Thomas.

"Yes, sir." He says, placing his hand on his chest.

***

Thomas led us down the long halls, Rudy had his fist balled, and an annoyed look on his face.

"Sheesh, I was nothing but a punching bag in there. Not once did you get scrutinized, Wilb." Rudy complains.

I let out a sigh, feeling bad for poor Rudy because he is right. I am trying my best to keep my mouth shut because I don't want to ruin this job for him, but they are starting to run my nerves. I manage to keep my calm demeanor and shift my gaze toward Rudy while we walk.

"It's only because you're a kid. It's hard to take someone seriously when they talk to you from your knees." I said with a joking tone, but of course, there is truth to that, due to the fact he is young, "But I know what you're capable of Rudy. Just keep pushing.

We reach the young girl we are supposed to tutor's room.

"Young Miss," Thomas starts and knocks on her door politely, "Your in-home tutor has arrived, and his aid."

I was absolutely floored, in my mind, to watch my poor little brother get his world rocked.

"Hmph!!" The red-headed tyrant grunts angrily

She turns her head toward me.

"Hmm, you seem to have the potential to be my tutor. Was this child a joke from my father?" She asks with a stern attitude.

"Uhhh, no... Rudy here is actually your tutor. I'm just the aid." I reply.

She is exactly like her grandfather, or my Grand Uncle, whichever you prefer, we'll just call him Old Man.

Rudy held his cheek, looking at the girl with a raised brow.

"Why did you suddenly start attacking me?" He asks.

"I'm curious as well," I added.

Hmm, I think she really just does not like Rudy.

Rudy looks at me with a smug look.

"It appears that the Ojou-sama doesn't understand the suffering incurred when hit. So I'll return the favor."

"Oh no," I said out loud, seeing the murderous aura rise from the young ojou-sama, I mean the young girl in front of us. Rudy's face grew with fear, immediately regretted his actions.

All this happened in front of Thomas, he was terrified and did not know what to do in this situation.

I sighed, walking between them grabbing both their wrist before they could strike each other once more. 

"Rudy, take five, and relax, let me talk to the young Miss here," I said giving Rudy a calm look, hoping he would relax.

There is a sudden silence in the room. The young miss' eyes widen in surprise, and for a moment she seems almost like a deer caught in the headlights, but then, just as quickly as it had come, that look of surprise is replaced by anger.

"How dare you!" she snarls, pulling herself away from my grip. Her hands ball up into fists at her side, and she looks as though she wants to do nothing more than go right back to beating Rudy's face in. But she doesn't. She just stands there, silent, and fuming with anger.

Good, she listened.

Rudy huffs, walking away, understanding it is not worth it to continue, when he leaves the room, I turn my attention to the fuming redhead.

"Hello, young miss. Can you calm down please so we can talk?" I asked in a kind but stern tone.

"Eris."

"Huh?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Don't call me young miss, it's Eris." She said firmly.

I nod my head giving her a smile.

"Of course, Eris, my name is Wilb," I said plopping onto my butt, taking a seat on her soft carpet, and letting out a sigh of relief. "Sorry for my brother, he has a bit of a complex as well, I can vouch for him, he may be young but he is smart and very skilled. Just give him a chance. I won't doubt you'll butt heads. And look you'll learn a lot from me, but he will be able to teach you even more."

"I suppose I can try, at the very least," Eris replies with a small sigh, the anger, and hostility in her voice still lingering in the air. She still seems a bit suspicious toward me, and her glare is a little bit too intense for my liking honestly, but I could see her demeanor soften.

"I'm not promising I'll like him," she adds. "But he could still be my tutor, and he's family to you, so I guess I'll have to see if I along with...whatever he is," she adds with a sneer.

I smiled at Eris, standing up and extending my hand toward her.

"We look forward to teaching you." My expression toward Eris was kind and honest.

Eris stares at my hand for a moment, eventually, she extends her own hand in return it's a bit awkward, but the two of us shaking hands would at least mark a bit of progress. 

"Deal," she says finally, with a small half-smile which quickly faded. "I'll...try to give him the benefit of the doubt. But just one," she adds, with an almost threatening demeanor. "He has to earn my respect, too...got that?"

I nod at Eris, giving her a smirk. 

"Of course, I hope we can talk more in the morning Eris." I walk out of the room giving her a small wave. 

I walk out to see Philip, Thomas, and Rudy.

Rudy looked a little calm. The three turned towards me. 

"Hmph, how did it go?" Rudy asked. 

"She is willing to give you a shot after I vouched for you," I smirked at him. Knowing I'm always helping him in situations like this. "So, earn her respect, okay? We're brothers don't forget that we are great."

Thomas laughs a bit. Did I mention Thomas is the butler? If not that's who that is.

"Seems, like she has taken a liking to you, Wilb. That is rare." Phillip states, placing his hand on his chin with an amused expression. "Rudeus looks like you have some work to do."

Rudy was struck with a ridiculous idea. I can tell because he had his 'ridiculous idea' face on. He turned fully toward Philip.

"She won't respect me until I prove to her I am strong. So, I say we play a trick on her. Will you help me?" Rudy asks Philip.

I raised an eyebrow, curious about where this is going as Philip seem to be listening.

"So, this is the plan. We will convince Eris to go to the city, in which I tag along."

"Hmm..." Philip hums, listening intently.

"But while walking the streets... we are kidnapped by a group targeting the Greyrat family."

"Oh, my."

"What about me?" I asked.

"Wilb, you stay here, it'd be easy for you in reality if we were going to get kidnapped."

I nod my head, understanding trying not to look hurt by having no part in this really.

How lame...

"Anyways, we are tragically kidnapped, but employing both guile and magic, I quickly bring the situation to a close." Rudy looks up with a twinkle in his eye, believing this was the greatest plan.

I cross my arms, thinking this is a bit ridiculous, but I've seen worse things work.

"Quite an elaborate plan indeed." Philip agrees, nodding his head.

"Can you get Ghislaine to play along?" I raised a brow, directing the question toward Philip.

"She seems likely to cooperate, I'll get her onboard. Very well Rudeus." Philip turns his head looking at Thomas. "Please make the arrangements."

"Yes, sir."

*Chapter End*

Whew! Another Chapter of the book. Well, not much to say. I'll be releasing part 3 sometime this week. Maybe, next, since I dropped this one. Have a good night/morning/afternoon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 84 5
Y/N was a monk from earth Japan, one rainy day he would be helping others find shelter within the monastery he worked at. But disaster struck when he...
102K 2.4K 49
This is my first story so the grammar is a little bad here a little bit, but i am learning. Also the updates will be Slow. What happens when you get...
2.2K 36 50
Hello I'm Renneise a guy who look like a girl i will tell you my appearance for you first i have a girly looks, silver haired and blue eyed. and my o...
58.3K 3.5K 40
Honestly, when Gojo Satoru, A Completely "Normal" First Year Highschooler, decided to save a couple of idiots who were having a lover's spat in the m...