Game of Thrones - The Rose of...

De spikesgirl613

Winter is coming, the words of House Stark. Ilyanna Stark, the first daughter, born to Lord Eddard Stark and... Mais

Winterfell
Dark Wings Bring Dark Words
Preparations for a King
The Arrival of the Stags and Lions
She-Wolf Meets the Golden Lion
Awkward Encounters Between Houses
A She-Wolf Prowls the Hall of Winter
Lions Verse Wolves
Caught Between a Dragon, Stag, and Lion
Wolves Hosting Lions and Stags
A Broken Pup
The First Snowfall
A Divided House
Preparing to Depart Winterfell
An Unwanted Goodbye
Journey Along the Kingsroad
The Inn at the Crossroads
A Wolf's Teeth Are Sharp
But The Lioness's Teeth Are Sharper
A Fracture From Within
An Unwelcome Arrival to King's Landing
A Small Council of Frustration
A Month South of Winterfell
A Talk with the Kingslayer
Unwarranted Proposals
Tournament for the Hand of the King
The Falcon Flys No More
The Golden Lion verse The Knight of the Flowers
Feasting, Dancing, and Confusion
Knight of the Flowers rides Against the Mountain.
Another She-Wolf is Crowned Queen of Love and Beauty
Clash of Queens
Warning of Winters Arrival
A Stormy Prospect
An Uncomfortable Secret is Revealed
Confessions, Foolishness, and Uncertainty
Discovering Fractures Within the Pack
The Warden of the North Summons the Warden of the West
A War Brewing Between Two Houses
The Lioness Captures the Wolves
A Conversation With The Lion Queen
The Trail and Death of Ned Stark
The Pack Must Survive

Second Day of the Hand's Tourney

64 1 0
De spikesgirl613

A door closed, and I opened my eyes to find Lehna walking about my room, opening curtains while Taria tended to the fire. Blinking, I pushed myself to sit while the rising sun filtered into my room. "Good morning, my Lady." Smiling, I uttered, "good morning Taria and Lehna," before pushing the blankets covering me aside. Lehna approached and guided the blankets out of my way, allowing me to climb out of bed. Standing, I hastily completed my morning routine before sitting at my vanity. Breathing out, I sat up straight so Taria could run a comb through my locks while Lehna finished making the bed.

"I think you would look lovely in a pale blue gown, my Lady." Nodding, I uttered, "could you retrieve the pale blue gown embroidered with purple and white flowers? The neckline is a tad lower than I am accustomed to, but it will be fine with a chamise beneath it." Lehna nodded as she turned to retrieve the v-neckline gown with gathered upper sleeves that tapered into a fitted lower sleeve and an equal embroidery decorated chamise to wear beneath. "Do you wish to wear your hair down today?" I heard the brush Taria held set aside as I looked at my reflection. Breathing out, I uttered, "partially down with the front pulled back." She nodded and began to weave my hair into an elegant interlocking braid.

Moments later, I brushed my flowing locks over my shoulder as Lehna carefully belted an interlocking circular silver sash about my waist. Satisfied, I turned to ask them if they were joining me when someone knocked. Surprised, I uttered, "come," and watched the door open to reveal Steward Poole. Facing him, I asked, "is something wrong?" He breathed out before saying, "your Father, Lord Stark, asked that I inform you that he rose early this morning to speak with Ser Selmy, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard." Stunned by the announcement, I asked, "did my Father say why he wished to speak with the Lord Commander?" He merely shook his head no. "Please let my sisters and Septa Mordane know I will meet them at the tourney grounds." With a nod, he left as Taria asked, "you don't mean to go..." I nodded. "Father would only journey to the tourney field if he required an answer." "You believe he questions Ser Hugh's death." Moving towards the door, I said, "no, not the death itself, but who may have benefited from it." Before they could halt me, I opened the door and left as they hurried after.

The three of us made it out of the tower and to the tourney field a few moments later to discover Ser Selmy walking toward us with my Father. Breathing out, I felt my shoulders relax as Father said, "my Father once told me you were the best he'd ever seen. I never knew the man to be wrong about matters of combat." I felt a smile tug at my lips at his honesty regarding Grandfather until Ser Selmy uttered, "he was a fine man, your Father." Father nodded until the older man softly murmured, "what the Mad King did to him was a terrible crime." I watched Father tense at the mention of Grandfather's end before he asked, "and that lad?" Ser Selmy glanced at him as Taria reached out to pull me back. Blinking, I glanced at the ground, surprised I was a few steps ahead of them. Breathing out, I stepped back as Father said, "he was a squire until a few months ago. How could he afford a new suit of armor?" Selmy shrugged and remarked, "perhaps Lord Arryn left him some money."

Father hummed as they approached. "Good morning to you, Lady Ilyanna." Smiling, I uttered, "good morning, Ser Selmy," as he offered a courtly bow. "Ilyanna, what are you doing here?" I glanced at Father and uttered, "Poole said you were at the tourney grounds, and I was curious if I could convince you to allow me to enter the archery competition." Selmy smiled, amused by my request, as Father groaned. "Ilyanna, as I told you days ago. You..." Interrupting, I said, "cannot enter as it would offend the poor knights and lords that your daughter fares better than they."

He huffed while Selmy laughed. "You've had this conversation before." I turned to reply when Father uttered, "far too many times." Huffing, I glanced at the two of them with a pout. "You make it seem like I want to dress up in armor and ride in the joust." Father sighed and embraced me before kissing the top of my head. "It is not that I do not believe in your skill. I want you to remain safe." Humming, I squeezed him and uttered, "I understand." He released me as I turned to ask Ser Selmy if he was retiring to the Keep when he spoke, "I hear the King wants to joust today." Father huffed and said, "yes, that will never happen." Surprised, I turned to ask why he could not compete when Ser Selmy uttered, "Robert tends to do what he wants."

Father rolled his eyes and muttered, "it the King got what he wanted all the time, we'd still be fighting a damned rebellion." Ser Selmy hummed as I felt their attention shift to me. "Would you mind if my ladies and I walk about the tourney field while we wait for Septa Mordane to arrive with my sisters?" Father opened his mouth to reply when Ser Selmy uttered, "if you do not mind the company of an old knight, I can join you." Smiling, I kissed Father's cheek before taking hold of Ser Selmy's armored arm. "You are far from old, Ser, but I would gladly welcome your company." Father laughed, amused, before saying, "I will meet you before the joust begins." Nodding, I watched him walk off as I turned my attention to Ser Selmy. "Where shall we begin, Ser Selmy?" He patted my hand and uttered, "you can call me Barristan, my Lady." I squeezed his arm and muttered, "only if you call me Ilyanna." His smile grew as we walked back toward the joust field.

Barristan happily pointed out the various viewing areas where the other competitors would gather for the melee and the archery contest later in the day. Holding tight to his arm, I nodded hello to the various individuals we passed. "I am sorry you will no longer compete in the joust." He gave a soft murmur before saying, "it seems the joust is for younger men," as we came up a group of squires tending to their knight's horses. Stopping, I gazed at the older man and said, "while that may be true, I have no doubt the younger men can learn many things from a seasoned knight such as yourself." He offered a sad smile. "If I had only met you before receiving my white cloak."

Laughing, I squeezed his arm. "I am sure my Father would be pleased not to hear you say that." He lifted his eyebrows. "Why do you say that?" Breathing out, I uttered, "I fear he may have agreed to your request in hopes it would save him from responding to the numerous suites he has received and from the wandering eye of the cloaked Golden Lion from Casterly Rock." He sighed. "I am sorry. I was certain he would leave you with his additional duties." I squeezed his arm and uttered, "he has not sought me out since our arrival. I have found it difficult to avoid him amongst the court members without slighting his sister, the Queen." We moved away as Barristan cautiously said, "from what I saw last night, you fared well." I squeezed his arm. "Leaving him on the dance floor is more accessible than avoiding a royal guard. I hope it will encourage his attention to waiver as my only protection is what my Father can provide until I am married." I spied some knights sluggishly approaching their tents as he uttered, "you are not without my protection." Relieved, I squeezed his arm before speaking, "you are not without my friendship."

We circled the field until he returned me to the jousting area where Sansa and Septa Mordane spoke with Father. "Thank you for indulging me with a walk, Ser Barristan." He offered a smile before courtly kissing my hand. "It was a pleasure to enjoy your presence this morning, Lady Ilyanna." Smiling, he released my hand and, with a nod to my amused Father and a perturbed Sansa, left. "Shall we take our seats?"

Father blinked at Sansa's unwarranted attitude. "Of course. Would you lead us, Sansa?" She huffed and walked away with Septa trailing behind, trying to calm her. "Should I be concerned?" Reaching out, I slipped my arm into the bend of Father's arm. "She seems to be doing better since we arrived, but she still is frustratingly single-minded in trying to get the prince's attention." He huffed. "Perhaps it was wrong for me to agree to this match for her." I squeezed his arm reassuringly before saying, "right or wrong, she needs to understand that she cannot always get her way. Perhaps prolonging the engagement until her sixteenth name day will allow her to grow and understand her role as Queen." He offered a slow nod. "Perhaps you are right." Squeezing his arm, I asked, "did you happen to convince the King to restrain himself from competing," as we approached the jousting stands. "I believe so. The damn fool thought that just because he happens to be King, he assumed that his competitors would not strike him."

Sighing, I squeezed his arm. "I hope he listens to your advice Papa." He nodded as we moved to step onto the stairs leading to the stands when we heard, "well, at least it will allow the rest of us a fair chance to win." We stopped and turned our gaze to a smirking Jaime Lannister dressed in black, gold, and red armor decorated with roaring lions. "You look well, Lady Ilyanna." Nodding, I moved to urge my Father upwards to sit beside Sansa when he took hold of my hand. Stopping, I returned my attention to his gaze. "Thank you for your kind words, but I should continue to my seat so the King may begin the tourney. I wish you the best of luck and pray you win so you may grant your niece the crown of Love and Beauty." Pulling free, I moved to sit as he uttered, "you do not believe you will win that title?" Breathing, I spoke, "I believe that I will have an equal chance to win the title as any lady here, depending on whether or not the winner wishes to present it to me." Before he could reply, I pivoted and sat on Father's left side while Sansa sat on his right. Seated, I calmly placed my hands in my lap, waiting as a horn sounded to signify the beginning of the joust. Lannister huffed and walked away while Lehna gently squeezed my shoulder. 

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

14.3K 180 20
Winter is coming, the words of House Stark. Ilyanna Stark, the first daughter, born to Lord Eddard Stark and Catelyn Tully, younger twin sister of R...
24.8K 1K 29
When Lyanna Stark, the youngest daughter of Lord Benjen Stark, is sent to King's Landing, she intends to assure the King that the rumors of a norther...
126K 1.8K 22
Leaving home for the first time can be daunting to anyone. When Maria Stark left for Kings Landing she never expected to leave without her sisters. B...
1.5K 48 48
Having witnessed her father's beheading, Ilyanna Stark must now protect her sister and ensure they survive the evolving game of thrones. Will the She...