The Fight In Me

By chaeshouse

Chaeyoung is a boxer who dreams of one day going pro. She has a step-brother Bambam who is also a boxer. Chae... More

Pilot
Unfamiliar
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Carnival
Carnival 2
Chapter 8
The Reveal
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Annual Youth Boxing Charity List
Preparatory Round
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4??
Battle of the Sons

Initial Meeting

149 10 0
By chaeshouse

Mina's POV

'5, 6, 7,8' Momo said while rhythmically clicking her fingers with the tempo. I swayed my hips and moved my arms in a smooth-like, fluid motion. 'Good Mina! Be sexy!' Momo said while still clicking her fingers in a beat. 

I looked at myself in the mirror while dancing, making eye contact with myself, before finishing up the dance.

'Hold it, hold it, hold it,' Momo said while looking at me, I did as she said and held my ending position, 'Okay we're done!' Momo clapped while smiling, before coming over to me with a fresh cold water bottle, 'You did good! My moves look so good on you' She grinned while looking at me, I playfully slapped her shoulder 

"Oh shut up, I just look good" I shot back which she laughed. I walked to the couch and let myself fall onto it, 'God, I'm tired, we've been practising for hours' I weakly said with my head leaned back into the couch. 

"Don't get too tired, Mitang. We're going over to Sana's to hangout and have dinner" Momo uttered as she slumped down on the couch next to me. 'Special occasion?' I asked wondering, 'Hmm' Momo said while pulling out her phone to read out Sana's text 'She said she's going to introduce us to her situationship and the girl's friends' Momo read out before looking at me.

My eyes slightly widen 'The Tzuyu girl right?' I asked clarifying. 'Yeah and Jihyo will be there too' Momo then turned off her phone. 

"How's that boyfriend of yours?" Momo said while stretching her arms, 'He's good, we're fine, He has a match coming up next week' I muttered while pulling out my phone to check the time 6:41pm, 'Righttt, I forgot he's a boxer, how's that going for him?' Momo asked

I shrugged my shoulders while maintaining eye contact with my phone 'Last fight he had he came back with a cut on his face and a busted lip' I was used to Bambam coming back with bruises from his fights, we'd been dating for around 4 months now, he'd participated in a few but no major injuries so far. 

Thank god. 'He always gets angry so easily during his fights, it's like a switch flips and he's a totally different person' I sighed, 'Maybe fighters are just short tempered' Momo shrugged. Maybe she's right, what I didn't like about Bambam's boxing is not that he comes back with bruises and cuts. 

It's the fact that he becomes a completely different person when he's in the ring. I've only ever gone to one of his fights, and I couldn't even stay till the end. I watched as Bambam started beating up the guy even when his opponent clearly was already defeated, he became ruthless, merciless; it scared me.

Luckily for Bambam, I know a thing or two about cleaning up bruises and cuts, and how to clean them properly and how to carefully manage them. 

My father is a surgeon at our family's hospital. From a young age he taught me how to properly take care of wounds since my older brother Jackson would often get injured. My mother is a respected lawyer, her parents have a law firm which is where she works.

My parents having such successful careers always pushed me to pursue my passion, whatever that may be. I love dancing, always have. Ever since I was young, I loved dancing. I first started when I was a toddler, I did ballet for 11 years before switching things up and trying to learn more contemporary and hip hop style dancing. 

Momo and Sana have been my best friends since I was a kid, our parents were quite close and would often see each other which obviously meant us 3 got to hangout a lot. The 3 of us formed a performance group called MISAMO, we do dance performances and have performed in front of huge crowds. 

We weren't famous but I'm hoping we'll get there one day. Dancing was my passion, but it also came with way too many uncertainties, what scares me the most is that what if I pursue dance and never end up making it? What will I be left with? These questions filled my head, so as a backup, I took nursing and legal courses along with dance, just so I can have an option to fall back on.

'Hello?' Momo curiously said while waving a hand in front of me, I quickly blinked and snapped out whatever thought I was trapped in. 'Sorry, what?' I said turning to look at her, 'Wow, you were somewhere else for a minute' Momo sat back against the couch, 'I said shower and get ready, we're going to Sana's in 10 minutes. And wear something nice, wanna impress the new people coming' Momo grinned cheekily. I rolled my eyes at her and got my bag before making my way to the shower.

I came back out of the shower with a towel in my hair squeezing the water out. I was wearing a thin long sleeve that was cropped and a flowy mini skirt with some Nike dunks. 'Finallyy' Momo said while standing up, she wore a boob tube and shorts. 'Should we go?' I said, lifting an eyebrow, Momo just nodded and shook the keys in her hand before we both made our way out the dance practice room.

When we got there we were greeted by a smiling Sana. 'MY BESTIES' she wrapped her arms around Momo and I's necks pulling us in for a tight hug. I patted her back signalling for her to let go and she did. 

"What's the occasion for" I asked while making my way over to her couch. 'No occasion! I just want my best friends to meet my uh good friend and her friends' said looking around the room, Momo and I chuckled and went to go pick something to watch. 'I'm starving' Momo whined, I looked at my phone for the time 7:22pm. 

"What's for dinner unnie?" I asked while looking at Sana, she made a thinking face before saying 'I was thinking we get pizza for dinner, should I call Jihyo now and tell her to pick some up?' 'YES' Momo whined again, I chuckled and just nodded before turning my head back to the tv.

Around 25 minutes later, a knock was heard at the door. Sana slowly stood up and stretched before making her way over to the door, when she opened it she was greeted with a loud 'HEYYYYY', Jihyo was smiling with 6 boxes of pizza in her hand.

I stood up and came to help Jihyo bring all the food in 'Yah, Jihyo-yah, this is too much for all of us' I said as I took the pizzas from her. She laughed before saying 'You do know who's coming right? The 3 girls are. Their appetites plus Momo's, wow gonna need a lot more food for them' She said still laughing. I titled my head in confusion, obviously it was common knowledge that Momo ate a lot, she moves around a lot, the girl's gotta eat.

But what had me confused is the 3 other girls that were coming, who were they? Jihyo put the rest of the stuff onto the coffee table before patting my head, 'You haven't met them yet have you?' Looking at me and then turning to look at Momo, we both shook our heads in unison.

 Jihyo put her hands together and clapped once before saying 'You'll love them! Cutest kids I've met, train all 3 of them too!' She said while grinning. Trained? I know Jihyo's an assistant coach but that must mean... don't tell me their box-

Knock Knock

All 4 of our heads turned to look at the door. That must be them, I looked at Sana look remained looking at the door. She stood up straight, fixing her posture and walked to the door while adjusting her clothes.

 I then looked at Momo and she stared right back at me, we didn't say anything but we were thinking the exact same thing, we both rolled our eyes and turned to look back at the door. 

Sana opened it, and greeted the 3 visitors with a cheerful 'Hey guys' . I didn't have to see her face to tell she was smiling widely, it was all evident in her voice. She stepped inside to let the 3 guests in. 

First girl to walk in was tall, I automatically knew it was Tzuyu, she was brunette and to be honest, she was gorgeous. I can tell how she had Sana hooked in the first place. 

The next girl to walk in was shorter than Tzuyu, she had come in smiling brightly to the rest of us, she had black hair. 

The last girl to walk in was shorter than both Tzuyu and the other girl but as soon as she walked in I couldn't stop staring. She was hot, although she was a bit short and looked small, she had strikingly beautiful features. She had a pointed nose, her eyes were sort of big and a mouth under her lips. She had blonde hair with brown streaks running through them, I found it somewhat attractive.

I scanned her head to toe, good figure, but it was hard to get anything else out of looking because her hoodie was covering the rest of her body. I realised I was staring and quickly averted my eyes elsewhere before I get caught. Sana hugged Tzuyu before hugging the two other girls. 

"There are my 3 little students" Jihyo smiled before pulling the three of them in a hug. 'Unnie... you're gonna kill us' one of them uttered before Jihyo let go, allowing all three of them to breathe.

Momo and I stood up walking to the others. 'Right! Guys come here!' Jihyo looked at Momo and I. We stood beside Jihyo and let her do the talking. 'So this is Tzuyu, Dahyun and Chaeyoung!' she said as she pointed to each of the girls as she said their names 

"And guys this is Momo and Mina" pointing to the both of us. 'Hello' The 3 girls said while bowing to us, 'Hi' Momo and I said while returning the bow. The shortest girl and I made eye contact with each other, I smiled at her and she quickly returned the smile. 

"Well! Now that we're all introduced, should we get to eating?" Sana said as she looked at everyone, we all nodded and Momo felt the most relieved as we were finally able to eat. We sat around the coffee table with some of us on the floor and others on the couch. 

At first the silence was loud, not until Sana decided to break it. 'So, you guys are all boxers right?' Surprised, I slightly widened my eyes before looking at the 3 of them waiting for their responses.

 'Yeah, we are. We've been boxing for years now' Dahyun smiled as she responded. Boxers huh, 'How long have you guys been boxing for?' I asked curiously aftering swallowing some of my pizza. 

"I've been at it for 6 years now" Tzuyu said before sipping her soda, '9 years for me' Dahyun said, picking up another slice of pizza. 

The blonde then began speaking which would be the first time I've heard her voice 'Around 15 years now' The blonde shrugged. 

Sana, Momo and I all whipped our heads fast to look at the girl '15!?!' The 3 of us said in unison, the shock was obvious. Jihyo chuckled and spoke on behalf of the girl 'Yep, that's my little fighter' she smiled as the blonde rolled her eyes at her. 

She then looked at me, our eyes met, but hers lingered, I could tell she was scanning my features but instead of feeling embarrassed I just unconsciously smirked. 

As I watched her check me out, she quickly noticed she was caught staring and averted her eyes down to her pizza, which made me silently giggle. 

Even when her eyes looked away, this time I kept my eyes on her, something was so captivating about her. She was indeed attractive and hot, but ugh I shouldn't be thinking like this, I have a boyfriend, but... a girl can appreciate another girl's beauty, right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 8.8K 43
|04/20/18 to 04/21/19| โ€ข๐Ÿ…’๐Ÿ…ž๐Ÿ…œ๐Ÿ…Ÿ๐Ÿ…›๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…ฃ๐Ÿ…”๐Ÿ…“โ€ข A girl named Son Chaeyoung. a fearless, Ruthless and a cold-hearted girl, her mother was killed by their...
350K 12.9K 62
MiChaengโค
68.3K 2.3K 46
Chaeyoung a girl who beams the brightest smile that could even light up a whole town, but behind those smile hides the deepest secrets that Mina woul...
226K 8K 48
Mina Myoui, a Japanese-American National, a shy and quiet in a public type, a simple girl who belong in a famous, multi-awarded Korean girl group cal...