The Silent Witch ( An Hogwart...

By MeryMayham

- disclaimer - I don't own the characters or the franchise or the cover, I only own my oc Intro: When Mera Sp... More

Bio: The Silent Witch
Chapter 1: Silent Arrival
Chapter 2: First Day
Chapter 3: Learning to Duel
Chapter 4: The Duel
Chapter 5: An Agreement ( Short )
Chapter 7: ( I couldn't think of a name for this chapter )
Chapter 8: Gaining a new friend
Chapter 9: Mera, that's " cold ".
Chapter 10: First Christmas Part 1 ( Short )
Chapter 11: First Christmas Part 2
Chapter 12: The End of The First Year ( Short )
Chapter 13: Start of the Second Year of Hogwarts ( Short )
Chapter 14: First Day of Year 2 ( Part 1 )
Chapter 15: First Day of Year 2 ( Part 2, short )
Chapter 16: Gryffindor Common room
Chapter 17: The Corridor
Chapter 18: She Does Care
Chapter 19: ( I couldn't think of a title ) ( short )
Chapter 20: Revelio Charm ( Gone Chaotic )
Chapter 21: Cursed Vault
Chapter 22: Visiting the Hospital Wing
Chapter 23: Recruiting Another Ginger
Chapter 24: Befriending Bill Weasley
Chapter 25: Making Fire
Chapter 26: Facing The Door
Chapter 27: Mera Vs Ice Knight
Chapter 28: Slight Understanding ( short )
Chapter 29: She's Awake and Needs a Hobby ( part 1 )
Chapter 30: She's Awake and Needs a Hobby ( part 2 )
Chapter 31: She has a Critter ( Short )

Chapter 6: Investigating

36 2 3
By MeryMayham

Mera, Rowan, and Merula were discussing what Merula heard from Snape and Filch, as Mera ate an apple due to Rowan not wanting Mera leaving the Great Hall until she ate something. Merula was sitting next to Mera while Rowan was sitting across from her.

Rowan: Ice and vaults... Mera, do you think this has something to do with your brother?- Oops, sorry, I forgot we don't talk about him in your presence...

Mera: It's alright, sadly, I think it does.

Merula: They also said something about Mera having something powerful about her, more powerful than most witches and wizards, except for me of course. But, of course they must be mistaken, because as ( says it slightly louder so people could hear: ) Mera has stated many times before, she's just an average girl.

Rowan: I don't understand, and I pride myself with understanding things...

Mera: It's probably nothing. I do believe Merula and I need to investigate the Upstairs Corridor...

Rowan: You mean all three of us, have to investigate the Upstairs Corridor.

Merula: ( to Rowan: ) It won't be necessary for you to come, you'll only be slowing me down.

Rowan: ( to Merula: ) There's no way I'm leaving Mera with you. ( To Mera and Merula: ) Let's head there tonight after everyone is asleep.

Mera: If that's the case, make sure to wake me up when it's time.

( Slight time skip, at night )

Rowan and Merula sneak to Mera's dorm room door, Rowan gently knocks on Mera's door, no answer. Merula then knocked on the door, a bit more harshly. Rowan and Merula then opened Mera's door slightly and saw that Mera was fast asleep on her bed... with her arms crossed across her chest like she was in a coffin and she still has some of her in a small ponytail.

Rowan: Oh my goodness! Mera's dead!-

Merula: Shush! She's not dead, she's asleep.... I think. Does she sleep with the ponytail still on- Not important. We need to wake her up.

Rowan went to wake Mera, but Mera suddenly opened her eyes and sat up with a blank expression.

Merula: Is she always like this?

Rowan: ( she makes the " kinda " hand gesture with a nervous smile )

Mera: ( blankly: ) Are we going or can I lay back down, I was having a pleasant dream about me not existing.

Merula and Rowan both went speechless by what Mera said, Rowan was slightly concerned.

Merula: No. It's time to go, so get up.

( Slight time skip, to the Upstairs Corridor )

Mera and Rowan followed Merula to where she saw Snape and Filch talking.

Merula: ( to Mera and Rowan: ) This is where Snape and Filch were talking...

Mera: ( blankly: ) It's dark and quiet.... Remind me to come back to read after this.

Rowan: I'm starting to have second thoughts, guys. If Snape told Filch to stay on guard, he'll be back soon. The stories I've heard about how he punishes misbehaving students make Snape look like a pleasant Hufflepuff.

Mera: ( blankly: ) I fail to see why people fear Snape so much.

Merula: Probably because you're somewhat like him, Mera.

Rowan: Are you guys sure we should be searching this corridor?

Merula: We'll be fine as long as we hurry, and stay aware of our surroundings. Plus we're safe because we have the most powerful witch at Hogwarts, me.

Mera: ( sarcastically: ) Oh, really? I definitely didn't beat you in a duel in a matter of seconds a week ago. ( To Rowan, blankly and honestly: ) But, sadly, Merula has a point, we'll be okay as long we are aware of our surroundings. And if anything happens, I have a few tricks up my sleeves to get us out of it.

Rowan: Okay, I trust you, Mera. Merula, I don't trust you one bit. Besides, I don't think I could forgive myself for leaving you with Merula, Mera, or not taking the opportunity to inspect a forbidden corridor in Hogwarts.

Mera then heard something at the end of the corridor.

Mera: Did you two hear anything at the end of the corridor?

Rowan: I heard something.

Merula: It's probably a mouse or something.

Rowan: Based on my research, there are at least twenty-one different entities that could be roaming the corridors at night, and every one of them is potentially terrifying.

Mera: ( calmly and blankly: ) Meh. I've probably faced scarier things.

Rowan: What should we do?

Merula: Let's just search this place as fast as possible, and hope whatever it is isn't coming this way.

Mera, Merula, and Rowan then began searching the place. Mera couldn't find anything strange or unusual that caught her attention, except for the mysterious door. Mera went to touch it when a cat ran to her and blocked door.

Mera: A cat?

Rowan: That's not just a cat, Mera. That's Mrs. Norris. She alerts Filch when students are misbehaving on school grounds.

Mrs. Norris hissed at the three girls, Mera still had a blank expression on her face while Rowan and Merula were worried as the cat ran off.

Mera: Due to the fact that a cat can run 30 miles per hour, I don't believe we have less than three minutes to get out of here.

Rowan: We'd better get somewhere safe like the Common room.

Merula: Run!

The three girls quickly made a break for it out of the Upstairs Corridor and to Common room. Mera looked at Rowan and Merula with a blank expression as they were panting from the running.

Merula: ( to Mera: ) How are you not tired?

Mera: I ran from worse, my mother when my dad or my brother broke one of the house rules, mostly my dad. But, you two should sit down, so you can regain your energy faster.

Merula and Rowan then sat down on the common room's couches. Mera then made a quick trip to her dorm room to grab her mysterious phoenix book and got back to the common room, sat down on one of the couches and started to read her book. Rowan then saw the book Mera was reading, and she knew what it was.

Rowan: Mera, I didn't know that you were a fan of Phoenix Heart.

Mera blushed out of embarrassment, as she wasn't expecting that Rowan knew the kind of book she was reading.

Merula: What's Phoenix Heart?

Rowan: It's a fantasy romance book about a dark knight and a princess she's secretly in love with.

Merula: ( to Mera: ) Ha, I should've known that you would be into that kind of stuff.

Mera: ( back at Merula: ) You haven't even heard or read it so don't judge me.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

What do you hope to see in the next chapter?

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210 52 10
My OC's and their time at Hogwarts. Completed: Prologue ✔️ Summer before ✔️ Year 1-in progress Summer year 1 ❌ Year 2❌ Summer year 2❌ Year 3❌ Summer...
52.1K 1.3K 50
Ophelia opened a cafe, her chidhood dream. She was fully aware that it wasn't the best time, what she didn't know was what would come with the packag...
87 0 15
Maeve Keres has spent her entire life being shoved to the background. One day a letter arrives and she begins to unravel the lies she's been told. Bu...
143K 4.3K 40
Evelyn expected her Fifth Year at Hogwarts to be like every other, but as the year unfolds, she finds herself beginning to fall off the path she had...