The Other Brother

By Mbalezinhle90

n/a More

THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER

THE OTHER BROTHER

138 23 0
By Mbalezinhle90

THE OTHER BROTHER 
CHAPTER 38
KHANYISILE 

I woke up with a bandage around my foot. I still feel drowsy. I can confirm that – that stupid man put something in that juice. He has been forcing me to sleep and my body gave in, in an unexplainable way. Failing to raise the rest of my body up I decided to let my eyes rest again. I close my eyes and sleep take over...

Some shuffling around. My eyes are not good today. They hurt to the core. I strength myself and finally gather some strength to sit up straight. Through the blurry vision I see Mkhuleko staring at his blank Laptop. 
“Prayer.” He looks at me. His eyes are bloody red shot, and they scare me. He stands up and comes to sit next to me. “What is the matter? Why are you looking sad?” I ask. My throat is also painful and dry. I need to drink water after nursing this man’s emotions. What about my emotions? Guess I have been preparing myself for the worst situations and worst-case scenarios lately. I won't heal easily. The life I live now is the life I have never envisioned. But what else can I say. We do not choose who we fall in love with. My heart chose him, and it will be shall forever him. The life he lives – I cannot change him. But maybe he will eventually change in the future for the better. 
“Manqoba was shot. What saddens me is he was shot making his way to us. The team notified him about us being followed. He didn’t check the coast like he normally does. His mind was here, and he just drove. The armatures located him, and they shot him multiple times. Doctors say he slipped into a comma. I am afraid. What if he doesn’t make it?” He looks so valuable. My heart breaks for him. But my mind is still clouded of what went down day back. 
“You always told me to stay positive and have a positive mindset. Manqoba is a fighter, and he will be fine. Just keep him in your prayers.” 
I am beyond shock and heartbroken. I know that Manqoba would kill for him same goes for Mkhuleko. Again, I have to stay strong for him – this is the hardest time of his life. I have to be there for him. I open my arms. I know he wants to be natured. Mkhuleko comes out as this big, strong, stop nonsense kind of man but in a fact. He is a softy inside. His ego gets bruised easily. He comes to the embrace. He lays his head on top of my chest. I know when he wants to cry. I told him too. My chest is now filled with his tears. When he is hurting the only way to heal for him is through the rough sex. Can I give him that? Can I make him feel, okay? I hate it that he is at his lowest. I held him tighter. 
“I will always be here for you no matter what.” I assure him. He drops his hands underneath the sheet that is covering my body. I know what he wants. I am afraid to give him. Last time everything in me was inflamed. The knock on the door saves the day. He gets off the bed, tucks his boner neatly and step out. I know that is not Babana knocking. He shouts for the whole neighborhood to hear. I also get off the bed I need to wear something decent. I am also hunger. I pull for my leggings and oversize t-shirt. I gently push my feet inside the flip flops and limp towards the door. I hear some voices talking as I approach. Three male heads. 
“Sanibona.” I greet and walk past but I stop on my tracks when I notice a familiar face. He freezes also when he looks at me. I feel my lower body weakening. 
“Skhosane!” I exclaimed his name in shock. He blinks multiple times. “What are you doing here?” I ask. Mkhuleko stands up and makes his way to me. He gently holds my hand and asks that we sit down. I don’t like this tension one bit. But I sit either way. 
“Khanyi. How are you?” He is not even looking at me. But his eyes are dancing around the house. I wonder what this is about. 
“Good. What is going on?” I look at Mkhuleko. He holds my hand and squeezes it lightly. 
“Thabi was admitted.” 
I feel my blood getting cold. 
“How? Is she sick?”
“It’s the trauma babe. She saw Manqoba at the scene and she lost it.  Luckily the baby is fine too. That is what the doctor confirmed.” 
“Take me to my sister.” 
I am already on my feet. The pains shooting all over my body is nothing compared to what my sister is going through. 
“But...” 
“No but’s Prayer! I want my sister and you shall take me to her right this minute!” I never knew that my voice could go this high. I am surprised even by myself. He stands up and holds my hand. Skhosane is busy side eyeing me and I couldn’t care less.

-

-

-

She is wide awake staring into thin space. Her face is swollen, and her eyes are all red. It’s evident that she has been crying for quite some time now. I stand frozen by the door anticipating whether to come in or not. Her eyes find me, and she smiles faintly. I take a deep breath and limp towards her. She pats on the vacant space on the bed. I sit beside her.
“I saw him. He was shot and the doctors think that he might not make it.” She begins to explain. “Arriving at the scene, he was barely breathing. His eyes were closed but he was trying so hard to keep them open. He looked at me and smiled. I know that smile meant I love you.” She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. I don’t know the pain she is feeling. 
“You know what the hardest part of it all is?” She looks straight into my eyes. I shake my head no. “Is for me to get to know that my parents our parents are not truly ours biologically.” She spits. I retract my hand from hers. 
“Don't say that sis. I know you are hurt and...” 
“Yes, I am hurt Khanyi! You don’t get all of this do you? I have proof that or stupid parents are not our parents.” 
I think she is not okay in some way. The news must have hit her hard. She can't be... 
“You don’t believe me do you.” She takes her phone that was on top of the cabinet. Scrolls through and tosses the phone on top of my lap. I frown in shock. She has never handed me anything in that manner she just did. But I keep quiet. I read through. Each sentence makes my bladder full every second. Bile is rising up bit by bit. I fail to push it down, but everything rises up. 
“Ow my God.” She cries. She tries getting off the bed but the drip on her hand is forbidding her. “Drink water!” She shouts. Her voice seems to be fading every second. I can feel my heart stop beating. I feel my entire system shutting down and my vision becoming blurry. 

THABISILE

I don’t really know how I felt in about this whole thing. Everything I such a mess in our lives. It is turned upside down overnight. Honestly speaking, I didn’t feel much more than ‘oh’ if that makes sense. I think I am too num to really process what the word biological means. Me finding out that my dad wasn’t my biological father, put new space between us. I had a lot of conflicted emotions. The signs where there but one was too stupid to put the answers together. Dumisa is my father! Our father! Whenever I think of this everything just becomes small. I feel like I am out of place. I look at khanyi sleeping on the hospital bed. That was not the way I wanted her to find out. There should have been a better way of me telling her. I know that she is fragile. She doesn't deserve any of this. The door flies open and Mkhuleko walks in looking furious. I know this was not the right time to spew the news out. 
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. I was just mad. Mad at everyone and everything.” I say. He nods his eyes and his eyes are fixed on Khanyi. 
“How is she?” He asks. 
“She collapsed after I told her the news the doctor said she had a mini heart attack nothing serious. I think whatever I told she took it to heart and failed to control... Ow God. I am such a bad sister.” 
“You didn’t know that this was going to happen. No one is putting the blame on you.” 
“I feel...” 
“Don't beat yourself into it. It was meant to come out eventually.” 
I keep quiet for a second. Minutes later Bab’omncane walks in slowly with his walking stick. Our eyes meet and just feel the connection. He walks up to me and gives me a hug. I feel at home. My emotions are all over the place. A lot is going on in a short period space of time. 
“Everything will be okay.” He assures. Those are the words I need to hear from a person you call a parent. Hearing these words truly means a lot to me. “Your and your sister shall be fine.” He adds. I believe him honestly. 

-

-

-

Khanyi has been out the whole day. I thank the lord that she is fine, nothing serious occurred at that time. Hearing Dumisa getting to share the experience all over again – I find it truly unbelievable. Dumisa is truly my father. I am a product of him. I find it crazy and surreal. Khanyi has been quite and lost in the process. Ngcobo is a greedy heartless man that only thinks for himself.  A lot of hearts were broken. 
“Why was I named Khanyisile?” She finally says something out of her mouth. A question I did not expect. “You mother’s name was Nokukhanya – she believed that you would be the light in the family. Thabisile has always been the hard headed one since day one.” 
I can't believe this. I see a smile on Khanyi’s face. 
“I am not hardheaded.” I dispute that in a million ways. 
“I will remind you. But all in all. I am happy that everything is out in the open. All I want is to gather all my belongings from him and start afresh with my kids on my side. I will not let Satan win this time around. I will fight for what is mine.” The malice in his voice gives out the best in me. I find the courage to smile after a lot of tears have been shed for the past few days. Is this truly our family? I am still finding it hard to believe it. 

Khanyi has been discharged and Dumisa was glad enough to take his daughter home. I am all left alone. I have been meaning to go see Manqoba but I am entirely afraid. What if I find him dead? Will I cope with losing him? I shake my head no. I still believe that he is alive and kicking. 
“You look better than yesterday.” 
“I feel better. Doc, is it possible for me to go see Manqoba?” I ask. I cross my fingers that he just permits me to. He smiles at me. 
“Yes, you can. But first we need to take this drip off you. I will get the nurse to take you.” 
“I can walk on my own. You know that.” I chuck. 
“And I am not taking any chances.” 
I give up on this argument. I know his words are final. 
Indeed, the nurse came by, and I was wheeled to where Manqoba is. Looking at him laying on that bed...
I hold his hand – he feels so cold. “My Salad. It’s me.” The name Salad came when I told him that I would be coming someone's wife. His response was ‘so I will be treated as a salad’. And I was like yes, because you are my side nigger. 
“Why does it hurt to miss you? These days I don't get to see your smile, to hear your laughter, to fall asleep in your arms. Nothing hurts me more than to wake up each day without you by my side. I know I have known you not that long but those days with you were the best and I do not regret it. I am cancelling this whole arranged marriage stupid thing. I will wait for you to be okay. I know you will be okay.” I kiss his forehead. It’s so soft. Part of me installed that he would wake up, grab me by my waste and make me sleep on top of him. But those are dreams, right? I sigh and wheel myself out. I miss him and it hurts. 

AMANDA

I don’t know whether to say my dream has come true or what. Skhosane texted me some time ago and requested a meet up. I did not go around the bush – I agreed instantly. He is here in Durban, and we are meeting up. He wants me to show him Durban. I look at myself in the mirror and smile. I look beautiful in this hugging dress. A dress that Khanyi, my friend bought for me. Guilt washes over. I shouldn’t be doing this. This man is someone's husband. Not just any husband. But my friend's husband. But the meet up is harmless right. It’s not like we are going to hook up in a way. It’s just me showing him the life we live in Durban. I put my lip gloss on, and I can feel that I look good. I hope I do not bump into Khanyi in town. I step out and lock the door. He told me that he is in Khanyi’s flat. I will stand at the gate and wait for him. I sent him a text and told him that I was on my way. 

-

-

-

“How is Durban treating you so far?’ I ask. We are sitting by the beach watching the waves with fresh air hitting our face. He has been smiling ever since he got here. 
“Thank you for taking me out of that flat. A lot is going on in there.” He responds. 
“What, what is going on?” 
He takes a deep breath and smiles again. “Rather not talk about it. How is school coming along?” 
I get to share how difficult school is. The assignments we push all the time. The targets that we must meet for us to make it, it’s crazy. I regret ever studying but I believe it will be worth it someday. 
“That is a lot. But I believe in you.” 
I gasped in shock. He just said he believes in me. This is surprising!
“You believe in me?” I want to confirm – maybe it was just the see mimicking his voice. 
“You may not believe me, but I trust you girl. You got this. Same goes for Khanyi.” 
His tone of voice changes. I think I have the need to ask this question. “If given an opportunity to date Khanyi – would you agree.” 
“Honestly, I would. But it’s just unfortunate that Khanyi is a gone girl.” 
I know what he means. She is truly a gone girl, but I don’t know how to feel about his confession. My ears are buzzing and aching. Now I wish I didn't ask that stupid question! My heart is bleeding. I fake a smile and look ahead. 
“I think I should book myself into a hotel. Do you know any around here? Tomorrow I am going back home.” He adds. 
“There is one down the street.” We both stand. I will accompany him to book himself in and then I will head straight to res and rest a bit. I have an early class tomorrow and sleep is what I love. 

-

-

-

My books are boring. My keeps drifting to Skhosane. His cologne, smile and neatness are what attracted me to him the first time I laid my eyes on him. Spending time with him today made me fall for him even more and harder. My heart beats for him. I need to google ‘How do you unlove someone’. I can't be burning like this honestly. And seeing him today has made things worse for me. I throw my book aside and lean against the wall. I am bored. Khanyi’s phone is not going through. I am so tempered to call the man, but I don't want to come out as weak and running a man that is not even mine.  My phone rings. My heart beats hard. My hands shake in fear. Is this really him? Should I pick up or reject the call? I ended up picking the call up. I clear my throat. 
“Halo.” 
“Ntokazi. I like the hotel you booked for me. I am very comfortable – thank you.” 
Stupid me is blushing like a fool that I am.
“I am glad that you loved it.”
Moment of silence. I can hear his breathing but I'm holding mines. 
“Goodnight.” We say in unison. We both laugh. 
“Goodnight.” He finally says making me to blush my butt off. 
“Goodnight.” I respond with my voice like it’s floating. I swear this man is using black magic on me. 
“My future husband.” I say out loud. I look at the screen and the call is still running. Jesus! The aftereffects. Disbelief. I just can't believe it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7 1 1
THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE THE T...
677 12 10
hi hi. 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘤, 𝘥𝘶𝘩?- 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 -𝕕𝕠 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕔𝕠𝕡𝕪 𝕠𝕣 𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕞𝕪 𝕕𝕒𝕞𝕟 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜𝕤 -𝕚 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕤 𝕤�...
142K 5.2K 21
𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫...