Elizabeth Swann's Sister - De...

By Courtney98xo

This story follows on the adventures of Anne Swann and her friends and family. From my first book Elizabeth S... More

Actors and Actresses
Part 1. So Much For My Happy Ending
Part 2. Mademoiselle Hallthorpe.
Part 3. A Best Friend Whom Understands
Part 4. Arrested On What Charges?
Part 5. The Black Cells
Part 6. Father And Will To The Rescue.
Part 7. Cutler Beckett's Office
Part 8. Confronting Beckett And Setting Sail.
Part 9. James Is That You?.
Part 10. Who In The World Is Davy Jones?.
Part 11. Sharing A Cabin
Part 12. Can That Traitor Persuade Me?.
Part 13. Curiosity.
Part 14. The Heart Of Davy Jones.
Part 15. Sword Fighting And Creatures Of The Deep.
Part 17. Food And Pillow Fight.
Part 18. A Twist In Love.
Part 19. Friends To Lovers, Then Strangers Again.

Part 16. Doctor James Norrington.

214 9 2
By Courtney98xo

We sat in silence, just staring into each others eyes, as he held me within his arms and I lay upon his lap. The only sounds that could be heard was, the sound of the waves crashing amongst the shore and the seagulls squawking high above us. All the while I was staring into his lushes green orbs, I had almost forgotten about my fatal injury, that I had sustained moments ago.

"Ahhh!". I hissed in pain, as I felt a sharp sting rip through my entire right hand side of my body, breaking the silence between us. "Shhh, tis alright Anne, your going to be fine". James soothed, as he stroked the hair off my forehead, that was stuck too it, due to the sweat from the heat and he held his hand firmly, but gently onto the wound to help subside the bleeding. "I-i-it hurts". I whimpered. "Shhh, everything will be alright, Anne look at me, I won't let anything happen to you, do you understand me". James soothed again. James, then quickly glanced out to sea and then back at me and smiled softly. "Wait here, I shall return in a moment". He whispered and gently removed me from his lap and gently onto the ground, removing his jacket and placing it under my head for comfort.

"Well it isn't as though I shall be going anywhere is it". I said sarcastically, as we both chuckled slightly. James then leant forward and pecked my lips, before he got up to his feet and ran towards the beach. I lay there looking up amongst the palm trees and up at the gorgeous blue sky, thinking deep down would this be the end, is this how I'm going to die, just like last time. Suddenly, a gentle breeze ascended from out of the blue and I took a deep breath in and let it out gladly, as the breeze helped me to cool down, as I was beginning to strike up a fever.

As James was away down by the waters edge, through all the pain I hadn't noticed that he had indeed placed his jacket underneath my head, as a make shift pillow for me, that I had felt something hard and lumpy underneath my head. I managed all the strength I could, to pull the jacket from under my head and pull it to the side of me, I then with one hand scrambled around in his pocket with my right hand and managed to pull out the letters of mark, he has stolen from Jack moments prior. I then heard footsteps running back towards me and I glanced over, to see James running back towards me, with a hip flask in his hand, I quickly with my right hand put the letters of mark into my breeches pocket, before he saw me, for if it were anything Beckett would be wanting, he would not only want the heart, but he would also want what was stolen from him too and James would be in lot of trouble for possessing such items, that he may not be re-instated back to his position in his redgerment and Beckett was just the man to help him with such a thing.

He then quickly knelt down beside me. "Here this may sting a little". He said, as he gently lifted up my white linen shirt that was now stained red, through all the blood. I jumped slightly, when I felt his fingers gently tickle at my side, as he was lifting the shirt. James the reached for the hip flask and opened the lid. He then held it over my side before pausing and looking at me with anticipation in his eyes. "James?". I asked but he did not answer. "James what are you going to do?". Again he did not answer me. He then bent down to my level again, as I lay upon the dirt ridden floor and he pecked at my lips again, before retuning up right and tipping the hip flask down onto my side.

The pain I felt was like no other, it was a pain which I hope I would never want to feel ever again in my life, for I hope childbirth is a lot less painful, than what I was experiencing right at this moment. I hissed out in pain, as I riggled around on the floor like a fish out of water, whilst James was doing his best to hold me down and keep me from hurting myself any further. The salt from the sea stung like a thousand bees attacking my body all at once. It brought back a memory for when I truly did get stung by a bee, back home in England, when I was a little girl, myself and Elizabeth were playing within the Manor grounds and I stupidly picked a flower, as I was picking some for my governess and I didn't realise that a bee was upon the flower and it stung me upon the hand.

Once the pain was subsiding, I finally calmed myself down and began to relax again. "Salt water helps clean all wounds and helps to stop the bleeding as such, but not for long". James said, as he sat back down upon the ground and gently picked me up, cradling me into him again. "A little warning may have helped don't you think?". I asked rhetorically. James then chuckled at me and then leant forward and placed a kiss upon my forehead. "Sorry my love". He chuckled again. "You will be". I chuckled back, as I slapped him upon the arm.

For about four days now, we were upon the Island, James managed to find a stream of clean water for us to drink from, however I couldn't move as such, under James's orders I was too reaming lying upon the ground. So James had to go backwards and forwards to fetch everything. We survived of eating fish and crabs and luckily we were under all the shade of the forest, so we did not burn to death from the hot sun. On the fifth day, James was down by the waters edge when suddenly, he was surrounded by a group of men, whom began to intimidate him, as they surrounded him. Until a short stocky built man, came and walked ashore, with his tricorn hat on top of his head and big red feather sticking out of it.

I lay there starting to feel dizzy and disoriented now, as the pain was getting un-bearable by now, however I didn't dare tell James, as I knew he would be ill with worry and one of us had to stay strong, for us to be able to survive. I could hear distant voices, however the waves were drowning them out, so it was hard to tell what they were talking about. Once again, I heard footsteps approach me and I was now being scooped up into someone's arms. "We're safe now my love, for help has arrived". James whispered to me. He then began to walk out of the forest with me in his arms, carrying me bridal style and I had to shut my eyes tight, for the sun was now gleaming down upon me and I could not see well, for it twas a very bright morning.

He then walked towards the group of men, whom I saw him having a conversation with before. "No, no, absolutely not, for you had not said you should be bringing a woman with you, for they are bad luck to bring aboard and I will have no bad luck upon my ship!". The short stocky man snapped at James. "Sir, if you please, I can not leave her, for she is hurt and in pain and...she's with child". James hesitated the last three words. I looked up at him, still cradled in his arms in shock, at what had just come out of his mouth. "And if you forgive me sir, but I too was once a commanding naval officer and from what I have learnt through all my years, is that as a officer, our duty is to not leave behind any wounded, old, sick, or woman with child, am I not correct?". James asked rhetorically.

"Y-y-yes b-b-but". The man began to stutter his words. "Oh very well, but if anything shall happen, I shall be holding her responsible, with child or not, I shall throw her overboard and you along with her, do I make myself clear!". He said. "Perfectly sir". James replied. "What's your name boy!". The man snapped. "Norrington, James Norrington". James then him. "Aha, I've heard of you, went mad and chased after a deranged pirate, named Jack Sparrow, everyone thought you to be dead and her's what's her name!". He asked again. "Swann, Anne, Swann she is my Fiancé". James said. "S-s-s-wann, as in Governor Weatherby Swann?". The man asked. "Yes sir, for he is her father". James replied. "My dear lad, why didn't you say so in the first place, for I owe a great deal to her father, for I knew him when we were at university together and he helped me to get to where I am today". The man said proudly, as he pulled onto his jacket and stuck is nose up in the air slightly.

"Come, come, for we shall need to get her on board immediately!". The man ushered us off the beach into the long boat, which James carefully climbed into whilst still holding me and sat down, as we made our way up to their ship. "Forgive me sir, but you have yet to tell me your name". James asked. "Morris, Richard Morris, or Captain Morris, as I am now known, for I was in my second year at university with her father, we were really close friends, till her father left early to take over the role of governor, once his own father had died". We finally got to the ship and with some struggle, I was being past from pillar to post to get me on board, I was finally down in the Captain's quarters, out of the hot scorching sun and on a nice soft bed, where I was being tended too by James. I must have drifted off to sleep by this point and I had woken with a daze when I felt James gently place a cool, wet rag onto my forehead and began to blot it.

"W-w-where are we?". I croaked out. "Shhh, Anne your safe now, I managed to flag down a ship and we are finally going home". James soothed, as he was still cooling me down with the cloth. "H-home, but what about Elizabeth, Thomas and the others, they could be in danger". I cried, as I began to move, but James was pinning me down gently by my shoulders. "Anne, you need to rest, they will be fine I promise you that". He soothed once more. I couldn't repsond anymore, as a sudden pain, rippled through my body and I hissed out in pain once more. Just then, Captain Morris burst through the door. "My apologies, but unfortunately we aren't able to awaken the doctor, for he was playing rummy with a fellow crew member and now he is happily lying in the corner hugging a bottle of rum". He said.

"W-w-what, that is preposterous my wife, is lying there in a great deal of pain, what are we supposed to do just let her die!". James snapped, as he stood up from his seat. My wife, I thought to myself, he actually said that beautiful word, instead of just Fiancé, I thought to myself. "No, but I am afraid I have no other doctor aboard my vessel, so I am afraid you are just going to have to help her yourself, I shall fetch whatever you shall need to help her, but I am afraid I can do no more than that, I am truly sorry Mr Norrington". Captain Morris replied.

James sighed heavily and looked down upon me, lying there almost lifeless, as the sweat was billowing on my brow and my hair was soaked with it. "Very well, I shall need clean hot water, a cloth, some thread and a darn needle if you have such a thing...oh and some rum... a lot of rum". James said out of breath, as he sat back down within his chair and grabbed hold of my hand and placed a kiss upon the back of it. "Very well sir". Captain Morris replied. "I shall return in a mere moment". He continued, as he exited the room and closed the door behind him. Leaving myself and James in the silence that surrounded the cabin.

"So, I'm with child am I?". I chuckled weakly, as I turned my head slightly to look at James. "Sorry, twas the first thing that popped into my head, that would prevent him from leaving you there". James replied softly, as he stroked my forehead with his hand. "Tis alright". I yawned, as I was beginning to feel weary, until I winced slightly as when I yawned, I stretched the wound and it began to bleed again. James noticed and jumped up from his seat and dipped the cloth into the bowl of water and then gently leant over me and lifted my shirt and softly dabbed at the wound and pressed down on it gently, to stop the bleeding again.

"It hurts me to see you get into sates like this you know". James softly spoke, as he continued to dab at my wound with the damp cloth."I know, for I'm beginning to become tired of it myself, for the scars I had surficed from last year are a constant reminder that I nearly died last year, every time I look in the mirror and see the horrendous scars that are left upon my body". I replied. "I just have the bad roll of the dice I guess". I sighed out heavily. "Even by marrying me?". James questioned. "No absolutely not, for that twas the best roll of the dice that has ever happened to me". I chuckled. "Good, because I feel entirely the same and I couldn't think of not spending the rest of my life with you and growing old in our armchairs by the fire". James replied, as he held my hand up to his lips and kissed the back of it.

"And just to let you know, that we aren't truly married yet...Commodore". I smirked at the last word, that left my lips. "Well I am making this promise to you right now, that when we return home, I shall place that ring upon your finger and nothing and no one will stand in our way, you have my word on that". James replied, as he gently kissed my ring finger and stroked it with his thumb. A pregnant pause, ascended around the room for a moment. "I wouldn't mind them you know". I said out loud, not realising that I did at first, for I was in my own world. "Wouldn't mind what?". James asked, as he gently pulled down my shirt and sat back down in his chair. "Children". Was all I said, as I turned my head to look at him, with a soft smile upon my lips.

"Ever since I put that engagement ring upon your finger, everyday I dreamed of what our future would look like, including with children, that and possibly a mangie mutt, called Captain". He softly laughed, as he squeezed my hand slightly. "Oh so you've seen me with him then?". I asked. "Yes and no for your dear sister, had told me that you were going to beg me to keep him". James replied. "Well then Mr Norrington, is that a deal can we keep the dog?". I asked. "We can". James replied, as he smiled. Another pause fell upon us. "Have you ever wondered what your children would look like?". I asked. "Well, since I would have never dreamed of marrying the most beautiful woman in the Caribbean, I hadn't really thought about it much, why do you ask?". He replied.

"I have, for I pictured myself to have two children, one of each, my daughter would have my hair colouring, but her father's eyes and his intelligence, but my beauty...". "Are you saying I am not beautiful?". James asked sarcastically, cutting me off before I could finish. "No, for you are more than beautiful, you are exquisitely handsome and charming and my knight in shining armour". I replied. "Anyhow, if I may continue". I smirked at him. "You may". He replied. "She would have my beauty and as for my son he would have his father's hair colouring, my eyes, his father's intelligence and again... my beauty". I laughed at the last bit. Causing us to both chuckle. "Well be hopes that you are right". James said softly, as he placed my hand up to his lips once more and kissed the back of it.

"I'm only teasing". I replied. "I know". James replied, as he leant forward and kissed me on the lips, his rough raggered beard, scratching my skin, causing me to pull back in disgust slightly, as I chuckled. "I know, I shall need a shave before we return home, perhaps I shall ask Captain Morris if he has a spare razor he could lend me". James commented, as he rubbed his facial hair with his hand. "No keep it for a little while longer, for I think it-t-t quite s-s-suits you". I stuttered, as another pain shot through my body. James smirked, then looked down to the ground, as he blushed slightly. "Are you alright?". He asked. "Yes, just another pain tis all". I replied.

Just then, we were interrupted by Captain Morris re-entering the room. "My apologies but I've brought everything that you need". He replied, as he placed it all down upon the desk. "Thank you". James replied, as he got up and joined him and took a look a the contents of what he had brought in. "Shall you need anything else, feel free to shout, as I will not be far away, only at the helm". Captain Morris said. James said nothing, other other purse his lips together and nod his head and then Captain Morris left and shut the door behind him, leaving us all alone again. "Oh Captain!". James called out, before it was too late. Captain Morris peered his head around the door. "Yes". He replied. "How far are we away from land, for I do not know how long she may last, without proper medical assistance, as I can patch her up, but there is only so much I can do for now". James said. "We're about a day off course, we should hit land by tomorrow night, possibly the next morning". "Right, excellent, thank you Captain". James said. Captain Morris did nothing, other than nod his head and then exit the room once more.

"Ahhh!". I cried out again. "J-A-A-AMES!". I cried out, as I put my hand upon my wound and it began to bleed heavily again. James came rushing over and lifted my top gently, to inspect my wound once again. "Right okay, I've helped wounded comrades in battle, I can help my dear Fiancé too". James said in a panick, as he went over to the desk and started to scramble around for stuff. He picked up the bottle of rum and walked over to me and with his other hand he lifted my head from off the pillow. "Here drink this, it will help with the pain". He said softly, as he held the bottle up to my lips. With all the strength I had, I pulled my head forward to make my lips come into contact with the bottle, as I slurped the contents and the hot burning liquid went down my throat and into my stomach. James, then helped me to gently lie back down, upon the pillow.

James then got to work, he walked over to the desk and he poured the clean hot water into the bowl and dipped the clean cloth into it, before returning back to me and gently wiping away the blood that was all over. He then dipped the cloth back into the bowl and rang it out and repeating the process a few times, till he was satisfied that the wound was clean. "Right now for the tricky bit". James said, whilst looking a little worried, as he rang his hands together, before walking over to the desk and retrieving the needle and thread. He then picked up another rag and walked over to me. "Here bite down on this". He told me, as he gently went to put the cloth within my mouth. "Why, what are you going to do?". I replied, wearily and a little scared.

"I have to stitch up the wound, but don't worry my love, for I have done it multiple times to my fellow comrades in battle". He softly replied, as he stroked my leg slightly in comfort. "O-o-Okay". I stuttered. James then proceeded to help me by placing the rag in my mouth and I bit down hard, awaiting the sharp sting of the needle piercing my skin to follow. "Oh and be sure to take a swig of rum from time to time, that will help too". James continued, as he reached over and grabbed the bottle of rum and placed it into my hand to hold, to which I grabbed onto it for dear life.

James then slowly leant over me and looked at me for a sharp moment, before I felt one of his hands hold my side, his rough calloused hand scratching my skin slightly. "Okay my love, on the count of three I'm going to do the first thread alright, but don't worry I shall make them small enough, so that you shan't have a huge scar". He told me. I said nothing, other than nod slowly, my eyes wide and nearly buldging out of my head with fear. James turned from me and looked down at the wound, before he took a sharp breathe in and then let it out just as fast. "One...Two...Three". James counted, before he slowly and carefully inserted the needle into my skin. Causing me to jump up slightly at the sharp sting, that shot through my right side and causing me to shout out in pain, luckily it twas muffled by the rag that was stuffed in my mouth. "No, no, no, no, no, my love I know it hurts but you must stay still, please my love for it shall be over soon I promise". James soothed, as he took the rag from out of my mouth.

"T-t-tis easy f-f-for you too s-s-say your not the one getting prodded and poked". I replied, quite harshly, although I didn't mean it, I was just in a great deal of pain and wanted it all to be over. James ignored my comment and thread the first stitch, one down another 9 to go I thought to myself. "Alright, ready for the next one?". James soothed, as he stroked my forehead and smiled softly. "As if I have a choice!". I snapped slightly, my words slightly slurred. I then gladly took a swig of the bottle of rum, that was within my hand, no wonder Jack loves this stuff, I thought to myself. "Alright...One...Two...Three". James said, as yet again he inserted the needle into my skin. I hissed abruptly and clenched my teeth together hard, as I didn't have the rag in my mouth anymore, as it wasn't helping me to breathe properly anyway. "OW!". I cried out. "Clumsy swab!". I continued, as I threw an insult at James, however I did not mean to, just the pain was really getting to me now.

For what felt like forever and how unbearable the pain had become, for every stitch I had become intoxicated, from how much rum I had been swigging. James was finally onto the last three stitches. His hands by now, were covered in my blood, the smell of blood, sweat and rum was mixed in the air, making me feel slightly dizzy and I was beginning to feel sick. So I just tried my best to block it all out and think of something else, I began to think about my future, mine and James's furture to be precise. Both of us finally getting married and quite possibly moving back home to England or staying here in the Caribbean, whichever we can agree upon and then, possibly thinking about the idea of actually having children maybe.

After all my thinking had been done, James brought me out of my thoughts. "Tis all done now my love". He spoke softly, as he reached his bloody hand up and stroked my forehead with it and gave me a delicate kiss upon the lips. I looked down at the finally stitched up wound, that was now covered in a white bandage and sighed out in relief heavily, whilst taking a long hard gulp of rum once again. Collapsing my heavy tired head, back upon the pillow and continuing to pant heavily. I then went to take another swig of the bottle, but it twas gently taken from my hands by James. "Ah-ah-ah, no more of that I think, for you seem to have had too much already". He softly chuckled, as he placed the bottle on the desk, before he picked up the rag and wiped my blood off his hands. He then returned back to his seat and he held my hand up to his lips and kissed it again.

"You were so brave my love and for that I am so proud of you". He whispered, as he then stood up and placed yet another soft kiss upon my lips, before sitting back down again. "I've treated you cruely haven't I." I replied, as I reached my left hand up to stroke his cheek, to which he gladly accepted and held it up to his cheek, with his own hand and nestled into it."No my love for you were in a great deal of pain and I know from the bottom of your heart, you did not mean a word of it, by god I would hate to hear the things you were to come out with, should you give birth to our children". He chuckled, then stopped and looked at me, a little shocked at what he had just said.

"T-t-that tis if w-w-would still want them, after what you have just been through". He's stuttered, as he removed my hand from his cheek and began to fiddled around with it nervously. "Of course it tis, for if I have to go through excruciating pain to bring our children into the world for them to only look like you, well then it would be well worth it". I smiled. James returned the smile and looked to the ground, before looking back up at me. "Besides it would be a lot worse than clumsy swab believe me". I replied sarcastically. James just chuckled and stood up and kissed me again, except this time it was a bit more passionate. We finally broke the kiss, I then wrapped my arms around his neck, as he was leaning over my body, with his hands at either side of me. "I love you James Norrington". I softly spoke. "And I love you, soon to be Mrs Norrington". He smiled, as he leant in for one more kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 236 6
Fanfiction about the first Pirates movie: The Curse of the Black Pearl. You are Will's sister, Y/N Turner. You and Will were both found by Governor S...
132K 4.7K 22
I do not own Pirates of the Caribbean, all rights go to the Disney company. I only own (Y/n) and the story I make for her, savvy? Book three of the I...
230K 7.9K 37
She was the Sun. He was the Moon. Together they balanced out each other. Catherine Bailey is the cousin of Elizabeth Swann and best friends to Wil...
110K 4K 15
I do not own Pirate's of the Caribbean, all rights go to the Disney company. I only own (Y/n) Rogers and Johanna Mills, savvy? Book two of the It's a...