Fire and Silk

By MissShanya

Zoe Myers never drank, she gave her best friend speeches on why alcohol is bad for you and what could happen... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Epilogue
The Hunters

Chapter Twenty Nine

67 3 0
By MissShanya

"Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon" - Winnie The Pooh

_____________

MY DREAMS became nightmares; the picture of my parents tied up to chairs as they're tortured for information. Asked for my whereabouts because without me dead they get nothing, but theres no way i will allow them to kill me. I punch Matt's mitt covered hand with force as the image of them slicing my fathers throat open pops into my head, i punch again this time thinking of how they hurt my mother. So much unkept anger was built up inside of me; i had fallen asleep whilst watching a movie with Penny and Jackson earlier today. I woke up drenched in sweat and apparently i had been yelling and kicking for a good ten minutes without them being able to wake me up. The first thing i said when i awoke was 'Matt' and Penny had to explain that was the name of my childhood dog to Jackson who died a horrible death and ever since i was a child i'd have nightmares about him.

After Jackson ensured i was okay he left and i got Penny to call Matt to pick me up because there was no capable way i was riding my bike to his tonight; within ten minutes he was there and i had never ran to a car so quickly. The feeling of safety wrapped around my body when i slid into his car, i had told him about my nightmare and he said he will take me somewhere before we head home. Cut to us at the same lake i had almost been thrown in when we had saw each other again, my heart swelled at the memory of him protecting me at that party.

He had bought equipment and we had been training for the last two hours until i was sick of looking at is beard, he was handsome don't get me wrong but it reminded me to much of my fathers. So we decided to leave now since it was getting to dark, i held onto his hand as we made our way through the forrest.

"So when are you going to leave me?" Matt asks, pulling my arm up as i trip over a stump, "Watch were you step sweetheart."

"What do you mean leave you? Are you still upset?" I ask, we were deep into a forrest that wasn't far from the campus and the craziest part about it was i wasn't at all terrified; if i was alone probably but with him i just felt zen.

He laughs, "No, i'm talking about the skills you have. I knew you would of had some sort of training but you damn nearly broke my hand back there."

"Oh," I chuckle as it clicks what he meant, "Sorry."

"At least i know if anything happened while i wasn't around you'd be able to protect yourself, you get those skills from your dad." He says, i watch my feet as i dodge holes, stumps and any sort of object i could trip over, "Sorry for bringing him up."

"No it's okay," I tell him, "Honestly i've mourned them and i know they wouldn't want me to continue to dwell on their deaths besides you know the whole i'm going to kill who did it."

He squeezes my hand, "Not unless i get to them first."

"You know the day i visited them and i found out about everything," I say, "My father and mother were very determined for me not to be with you, i know theres rivalries but i'm sure they would of warmed up to you eventually."

He smiles, "I doubt it, there's so much history of hate between our families but i'm sure they would of dealt with me for your sake."

I laugh, he was probably right; they were both certain that i shouldn't be with Matt. They would of eventually of just dealt with it, could you imagine the day i would of told them he proposed or if i got pregnant (which won't be happening for years if he decided to stay with me for long enough). We were about five minutes away from the car and a snap goes off in the distance between the trees and bushes, instinctively Matt pushes me behind his back and he pulls out his gun.

"Do you see something?" I whisper, i look around watching for any sort of shadow; another snap behind me goes off. I spin around pressing my back to Matt's; my eyes squint as i see a large shadow move in the distance.

"Stay with me," he says, "Do you trust me?"

"Always," I say back; figures begin to emerge from the trees large guys wearing white full face masks, guns in their hands as they step out. Matt grabs hand and gives it a squeeze.

"What do you want?" Matt asks someone on his side, my eyes stay trained on the three guys in front of me about ten steps away from me. One tilts his head to the side as i stare him down, i don't blink because i don't want to miss anything.

"The girl," One answers.

Matt laughs, "You have to go through me first."

Without hesitation Matt fires off a few shots, i pull out the spare gun that he had tucked away in his jeans and aim it towards the guys in front of me; i pull the trigger and shoot one in the shoulder. Matt steps to my side and looks at the three in front of me.

"What do you want with me?" I ask, stepping in front of Matt before he could fire off anymore shots. Their guns were aimed at Matt, "If you shoot him, i'll just off myself." I threatening as they had no intention of killing me.

"Oh honey," one says, my blood runs cold when i recognise the voice, "You may have won tonight but watch your back."

"Don't Matt," I hiss as he tries to step in front of me, "Randy, you really have issues dude."

He laughs, "Missed you to babe."

"So you are the one texting me?" I ask him, he tilts his head to the side and shakes his head.

"Not me hun," he says, "We aren't the only ones after you then, yay competition."

I smile aiming my gun at him, "Won't be much competition once i fucking kill you."

"You won't," he laughs; the memories from the hotel enter my mind and without a second thought i pull the trigger and the bullet goes straight through his mask into his skull; he drops to the floor instantly, "Anyone else what to fucking die tonight!" I scream out; the other two run off into the woods.

My heart raced as the realisation runs through me, i had killed someone; Randy, Delilah's brother and he was dead. The fucked thing was that i enjoyed it, i turn to Matt and pull him into a hug.

"Next time they are aiming at you and not me, stay behind me," I demand.

He chuckles, "That was hot."

I roll my eyes, "Don't flirt with me when there's," i peer around his body and see four guys dead on the ground, "Five dead people around us."

"We better go incase they come back," he says, "I'll call Richard for the clean up, you okay?"

He grabs my hand and pulls me away from the scene, "Yeah."

"The first kill usually isn't the easiest thing to go through."

I shrug, "Honestly there was a lot of pent up anger when it came to Randy and if this is my new way of living i have to be used to it."

"We may just get along," he winks at me; we end up jogging the rest of the way and we got back to the car he took his gun off of me and called one of his men to get rid of the scene.

"I might go to the safe house tomorrow," I tell him; i had to receive the things my parents wrote in the letter, "Justin will want to know about what happened tonight."

"Can't you just text him?" He asks, "I don't want you going out there alone."

I smile at him, "It's adorable how protective you are over me considering i just stood in front of three guns to protect you."

"Yeah well i still hate it," he says, grumpy lines forming on his face as he starts the car and drives off, "I'll come with you."

I laugh so hard i almost wet myself, "You're.. joking."

"Why not?" He frowns glancing at me, "That way i can protect you."

"Everyone hates you there," I tell him, "You realise you are the Matt Price, they would probably shoot you on sight."

He snorts, "As if and besides everyone hates me so what's the difference?"

I place my hand on his leg, "I can go on my own."

"Fine," He grunts, "But you have to text me so i know you're safe."

I roll my eyes, "They won't hurt me."

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" He says; i had no idea how he saw it since he wasn't even looking at me, "I don't care if you think they won't hurt you, i don't trust people."

"No i didn't and you trust me? So you just lied to me."

"Who said i trusted you?" he smirks, i gasp and he chuckles at me reaching over to pat my thigh, "Only joking."

"You better be," I cross my arms and stare out the window, "No sex for a week."

He snorts, "Good luck resisting this baby girl."

When we got back to his penthouse; i threw my overnight bag in his room and walked into his black themed bathroom; the large bathroom was the first place we ever had sex -well were we started anyway- i flush at the thought. Matt sat on the edge of his bathtub with a newly washed beard that was about to be shaved off; i turn on the shaver and stand in between his legs slowly running it over his beard.

"I'm going to miss it," he mumbles, i grab his chin to move his head to the right.

"Don't talk," I tell him; his lips shut and i can't help but giggle at him. Fifteen minutes later he was back to his old scruffy self; i dust-panned up the beard hair and threw it into his trashcan. He looks at himself in the mirror admiring my work, he nods at me through the reflection.

"Good job," he says; he turns to face me and pulls me into his body using my hips to move me, "Now let me do something for you, go wait out on the bed and i'll call you when i'm ready."

"Okay," i say slowly; he gives me a small kiss spins me around smacking me on the ass as i walk out. After what felt like a life time of me laying on his bed scrolling endlessly through apps and playing random games on my phone; he walks out of the bathroom an unfamiliar scent hitting my nose.

"It's ready," he says with a smile, "I'm surprised you are still awake."

"So am i," I sit up and walk towards him, "I think it's the anticipation of whatever you were doing in there was keeping me awake."

"Good," he grins stepping behind me he puts his hand over my eyes and slowly leads me into the bathroom all sorts of smells now wafting into my nose, "Okay ready?"

"Yes," I laugh; he uncovers my eyes and i almost cry; the bathroom was lit up with candles, the bath filled with warm bubbly water.

"You just had all of this in case of an emergency?" I laugh, a single tear falling down my eyes, "It's beautiful."

He wipes my tear away with his thumb, "Actually the night you came over i was going to do this for you but you fell asleep."

"Oh," I flush, "Sorry."

His laughter echoes in the bathroom, "Did you want to hop in?"

"Of course," Without haste i get undressed and so does he, he hops in first and grabs my hand helping me into the bath. He sits behind me and i sit between his legs, i wasn't one for romantic things but this was something i could get behind; he leans me forward using his hand on my back as he runs a loofah over it slowly ensuring he gets every part of me.

"You're so beautiful," he whispers; he pulls me back against his chest and i can feel his heart beat racing on my back; i feel him take a deep breath, "I was scared."

My eyebrows furrow, "What?"

"When you left i had never felt so scared i thought i had lost you for good and then in the forrest with those men even if they weren't planning to harm you there, i panicked scared something was going to happen to you. I've never felt like that before and i've stared down many barrels, been in multiple fights and i've almost died multiple times. But when it comes to you," he takes a breath, "You make life feel worth living, baby girl."

My heart swells at his words and i hadn't realised i was crying until he spins me around on my butt, my legs wrap around his waist in the water and he pulls me close placing his hand on my cheek he wipes the tears away with soft kisses.

"I love you," he whispers looking into my eyes, i smile more tears falling from my eyes.

"I've been through hell," I whisper, "I lost my parents, dealt with Randy, Micheal and even Delilah. I've never had a good thing in my life besides Penny but even then it's been a rollercoaster trying to keep a decent friendship. When we slept together last year you were constantly on my mind, i figured it was just because you took my virginity until i saw you again at the party. I feel safe with you and i realised while i was gone that i'm so in love with you."

He let's out a breath and pulls me into him, wrapping his arms around my neck; i nuzzle my face into his neck inhaling his scent. I am so obsessed with this man and it's scary, having someone that could possibly be hurt just being with me; to be used to get to me. I'm sure he felt the same way, i hugged him tightly feeling the water lap around us. We spent some time in the tub, just washing ourselves and just loving each other.

"Bed?" He whispers into my ear, i nod as excitement rips through me, he pulls away from me and looks me deep into my eyes, "I'm not going to fuck you though, not tonight."

I frown, "Why not?"

He grins at my disappointment, "Let's just spend some time together? We don't need to have sex every night."

"Fine," I frown pushing myself out of the bath, i wrap a black towel around my body as he steps out of the bathtub.

"We can if you wa-."

"No," I interrupt him, "Movie, popcorn and sleep. I'm tired anyway."

"I love you Myers," he smiles pulling me into a hug.

"I love you to Price."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 44.8K 39
He's new. He's a history teacher. He's young. He's very good looking. He is Harry Styles. When Kim Martins starts her new school year as a junior s...
387K 5.9K 27
❝I want you so bad.❞ I tease him while trailing my hand up his white buttoned shirt feeling his abs. "Ms. Rose.." His voice was soft and sweet when I...
883K 29.2K 34
"Your mouth may say you hate me," he whispered, "But your hands...they say otherwise." His eyebrows raised pointedly at my touch on his chest, face w...
3M 83.5K 38
Book 1 of the Wolfe Series ||WARNING|| 18+ This book contains mature content such as sex, abuse, sexual abuse, guns & blood, and language Nobody sai...