The Salt Files (MLB)

By AnonymousSnake977

Different scenarios of salt in the MLB fandom. I typically do Lila, Alya, and class salt the most. Sometimes... More

To Crush Your Part Part 1
To Crush Your Part Part 2
To Crush Your Part Epilogue
The Liar Among Us
Possible Murderer In The Class?
Don't Mess With A Couffaine (Lukanette)
Enabler (Adrien and Bustier Salt)
Tabloid (Part 2 of Enabler)
Clara's Anger
Keep It Under Wraps
You Think I'm In A Gang?
Exposé
Wait For It
April Fools
A Liar's Downfall
Wrong Number, Alya
Are We Really Friends?
S5 Review So Far (Mini Rant)
You Should Have Listened
The New Student (Felinette Attempt)
It's Quiet Uptown
It's Quiet Uptown (Background)
Song Requests? (Not A Chapter)
It Was A Joke
Happy Birthday (Marinette Edition)
I Spy (Pride Month Special)
Summer Lies, No Surprise
Happy Birthday, Lie-La
It's Your Fault
Guitar Hero
Get To Know Me (Not a Chapter)
The Sheep of the School
Cups
Victim Blaming
The Interview
Chloe and Sabrina: The Cat and Bug Team
Bomb Threat (Sorry If Title Is Triggering)
Random References + Updates (Not A Chapter)
I Finished S5
Refusal
Babysitting Fails
I Signed Up This Story For The Wattys 2023💀
A Day To Remember
Hawkmoth's Reveal
The Path You Chose
Game Night
Uncertain Future
Rebellion
Identity Reveal Gone Wrong (Request)
A Touch of Creativity
Reckless
The Blogger's Recklessness
Superstitions
The Good Liar
Allergies
Transferred
True Colors
Trustworthy
One Way Ticket To Fame
My Shot
The Schuyler Sisters
You'll Be Back
Satisfied
Wait for It
Dear Theodosia
Nonstop
Take a Break
The Room Where It Happens
Congratulations to The Rossi Pamphlet
The World Was Wide Enough
Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Good For You
You Will Be Found
You've Reached The End!

Sincerely Me

1.2K 30 37
By AnonymousSnake977

Lila and Marinette are creating fake messages to show that they are enemies but are secretly best friends.

Dear Evan Hansen
We've been way too out of touch
Things have been crazy
And it sucks that we don't talk that much
But I should tell you that I think of you each night
I rub my nipples and start moaning with delight
Why would you write that?
I'm just trying to tell the truth.
This needs to be perfect. These emails have to prove that we were actually friends. Just—I'll do it.

Marinette sighed. Lila was having too much fun with this while Marinette was stressing her ass off.

You see, the duo are childhood friends who met when Marinette's grandmother traveled to Italy. The kids met and became inseparable since. Marinette kept constant contact with Lila every year, and told her about her new friends this year and her concerns. But Lila was already trying to put the pieces together.

"You say they are your friends, but it sounds like you do more for them than what they do for you. Planning all these events for them, gifting free food from your parents' bakery, etc. You need to draw a line at some point and make it known that they could be taking advantage of you."

Marinette was silent as Lila listened. "...But how do I know if they are true?" That's when Lila laughed.

"I actually have some news. It was going to originally be a surprise but..."

And that's where most of this started. That's when the real drama began.

Lila suggested that putting her friends in a troubling situation and study their reactions can also bring out some signs of disloyalty. So Lila wanted to go into the class as a quick witted liar, but the lies could easily be proven with an internet search. Of course, Marinette didn't want Lila to actually get in trouble, so the girls informed teachers and faculty of the situation. Well, the ones that showed up.

The only ones who weren't there were Bustier and the principal, but as long most of the other teachers knew about the experiment, everything should be fine.

So Lila lied about every detail she could think of. She had a range of disabilities yet she could easily catch a paper ball heading right towards her. She knew a bunch of famous celebrities in various ways and talked with them when they were free. The lies continued as such. And as Lila predicted, the closest friend in particular reacted. Alya Césaire. 

As soon as the wannabe reporter caught wind of Lila's lies, she instantly wanted to interview her and put it up on her blog, since the heroes haven't been around much lately and her content was draining away. Marinette argued with her that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to public post the lies, but Alya quickly defended Lila and said that she would never lie.

"You and Lila have been at odds lately. If you just stopped calling her out so much and got used to her, maybe you two good be good friends." Marinette scoffed, playing her part.

"As if I would be friends with a pathological liar like her!" And right on cue, Lila gasped as she ran off, fake crying. Alya turned to her.

"Look what you did!" Alya ran off after her, but wouldn't find her. Lila and Marinette were on the phone that night, planning their next moves.

"I've asked some celebrities if you could lie about them so they are aware of it. They agreed, as long as it wasn't too scandalous to be caught by the media and rapidly spread the news. But anyways, Alya thinks we could be good friends and I think she's going to try and get us to meet secretly."

"Well then, I guess we're gonna have to put a stop to that." Lila grinned as she pulled up an app. "Do you know how to create emails?"

And that's where they were now.

I've gotta tell you, life without you has been hard
Hard?
Has been bad
Bad?
Has been rough
Kinky!
And I miss talking about life and other stuff
Very specific.
Shut up!

"You suck at this." Lila laughed. Marinette burned beet red. "Maybe I should put in something kind of personal, so it seems like you really hurt my feelings and I have a proper reason to avoid you."

"Such as?" Lila thought for a moment.

"I could mention my dad. I mean, he divorced my mom and that was that, but she doesn't need to know every detail. Plus I could also be a troubled home kid as well!"

"Looks like all those drama and acting classes have gone to your head."

"Hey!"

I like my parents
Who says that?
I love my parents
But each day's another fight
If I stop smoking drugs
Then everything might be alright
Smoking drugs?
Just fix it!
If I stop smoking crack
Crack?!

"LILA!" Marinette screamed over the phone as Lila muffled her laughter with her pillow. She didn't want to wake her new neighbors, or get her mother's attention. She wouldn't approve of this, but she also didn't need to know.

If I stop smoking pot
Then everything might be alright
I'll take your advice
I'll try to be more nice
I'll turn it around
Wait and see
'Cause all that it takes is a little reinvention
It's easy to change if you give it your attention
All you gotta do is just believe you can be who you want to be
Sincerely, Me
Are we done yet?
Well I can't just give them one email. I want to show that I was, like, a good friend, you know?
Oh my god.

"Are we done yetttttt." Marinette dragged on. Lila sighed.

"No, it's just a one sided conversation! We need multiple back to back responses, then give ourselves a few more days after that to make sure it's perfect! That way it will really be sold and we can see who is truly on your side!"

"Fine. But I'm going to go eat first!" She giggled as Marinette dramatically huffed and ended the call. Lila laid back on her bed while waiting for her mom to finish cooking.

She didn't like Alya one bit. Nor did she think she was a good fit for Marinette.

Dear Connor Murphy,
Yes, I also miss our talks
Stop doing drugs
Just try to take deep breaths and go on walks
No.
I'm sending pictures of the most amazing trees
No!
You'll be obsessed with all my forest expertise
Absolutely not.

"I don't think she's going to buy that we are talking about trees." Lila said the next day, looking over the fake emails. Marinette decided to come over and handle the rest in person, so that they could edit faster.

"Oh please, I'm known to bring up the most random topics at the most random times. Besides, you love nature and hikes!"

"...That's true." Lila did truly love nature. Sometimes just walking through a forest was relaxing and  calming for Lila. But now the closest thing to that around was a walk in the park, which had the greenery kind of spread out. She's sure she could find another hobby, though. "I still think we should come up with something else just to be safe.

Marinette groaned.

Dude, I'm proud of you
Just keep pushing through
You're turning around
I can see
Just wait and see!
'Cause all that it takes is a little reinvention
It's easy to change if you give it your attention
All you gotta do is just believe you can be who you want to be
Sincerely, Me
My sister's hot
What the hell!

"You don't even have a sister!" Marinette looked at Lila.

"That's none of her business! This way, she has to know this is bullshit and that I'm lying."

"What happened to being careful?"

"I'm losing my determination, I don't want to waste it on her much longer."

My bad.
Dear Evan Hansen,
Thanks for every note you send
Dear Connor Murphy,
I'm just glad to be your friend
Our friendship goes beyond
Your average kind of bond
But not because we're gay
No, not because we're gay
We're close, but not that way
The only man that I love is my dad

"Again with the dad?" Marinette's soul was breaking.

"Shush!"

Well anyway!
You're getting better every day
I'm getting better every day
We're getting better every day
Hey hey hey hey!
'Cause all that it takes is a little reinvention
It's easy to change if you give it your attention
All you gotta do is just believe you can be who you want to be
Sincerely
Miss you dearly
Sincerely, Me
Sincerely, Me
Sincerely, Me
Sincerely, Me

"And done!" Lila closed the laptop smiling while Marinette cheered and sunk back into the couch.

"You do know we're just gonna have to make more later, right?"

The bluenette almost burst out into tears.

The next one will be a part 2 :)

I wanted this to be open ended, but I didn't want to be haunted by how it could have ended

This is also being updated early cuz I have a road trip and I won't be able to really update til like the weekend, so I'm doing everything now

Late night procrastination whooooooo

1446 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.1K 1.5K 13
These salt one shots are all written by me. I would appreciate it if no one copies them. I love doing Alya, Bustier, Adrien, and class salt! I woul...
162K 4.6K 95
I just randomly think of these short stories and want to share them!!! (No smut, lemon, or lime) Some of them are more short stories than one shots...
31.3K 487 17
Just a song fic baised book about Marinette. Lots of salt. Let me know if y'all want more then it will probably turn into a full book. Also no and I...
191K 4.2K 35
Lila had arrived when she was 13. She had stolen all her friends. She was bullied by her class. Chloe apologized and was her only friend in her class...