The Game of Temptation: The R...

By SheWritesAtMidnight

"The things I want from you torment me. And I'm certainly not a man who restrains myself from what I want." ... More

Chapter One: The Fae Forest
Chapter Two: Moonlight Rendezvous
Chapter Three: The Moon Court
Chpater Four: Palace of the Moon
Chapter Five: The Prince's Bedroom
Chapter Six: Flight
Chapter Seven: Accursed
Chapter Eight: The Grand Hunt
Chapter Nine: Invulnerable
Chapter Ten: The Magpie's Lair
Chapter Eleven: The Flower Festival
Chapter Thirteen: Mountain of Beasts
Chapter Fourteen: The Palace of the Sun
Chapter Fifteen: Enlightenment
Chapter Sixteen: A Nest of Vipers
Chapter Seventeen: A Dream Within A Dream
Chapter Eighteen: Once Upon A Dream
Chapter Nineteen: A War of Hearts
Chapter Twenty: Unbroken
Chapter Twenty-One: From Dreams To Reality
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Sun Heiress
Chapter Twenty-Three: Blood for Blood
Final Author Note

Chapter Twelve: The Lovers Flower

174 4 0
By SheWritesAtMidnight

⚠️ SEX SCENE ⚠️

"You... really?" I gasp. Viserion's eyes blaze with an intensity that's hard to meet. I take an unconscious step back, and he advances.
"Ever since I met you in that grove, I felt an overwhelming need to possess you. To claim you, entirely, as mine alone." Because I carry a piece of your heart... that's what draws you. I swallow nervously, trying to summon the courage to tell him the truth, when he charges onward in a fevered rush.
"I've spent a century caring little for anyone or anything. And yet, my desire for you has overtaken me."
"I thought... But I was sure..." I inhale sharply. The tumult inside me tightens to a pointed, keening ache, my body inflamed at his words.
"Seeing you that night lit a fire that has only grown to consume everything in its path." Viserion's voice is a medley of regret, of want, of need.
"I could not let you leave. My reputation for selfish cruelty is well-earned, as you've surely seen by now." His eyes bare into mine, his gaze full of awoken desire.
"Something about you brings forth all my darkest impulses. But you are innocent in this. And I... I must make amends."
"Viserion?" I ask slowly. His breathing is labored as if he struggles to maintain composure.
"For all the numerous ways I have misused you, Alora... I apologize." I stare at him, anger rising in me.
"Words without action are meaningless," I state, my voice shaking as I try to contain the tears begging to flow.
"Believe me, few understand this better than I." Viserion scoffs, "So let me show you."

His voice drops to a murmur, his expression stormy and unreadable.
"What the devil are you doing to me, Alora?" His hand drifts to the charm that binds me to him, fingertips ghosting over my throat.
"What are you doing?" I demand. I'm suddenly very aware of every shallow breath, silently pleading for more of his touch.
"This allows me to track you, true." Viserion states, "But it's also imbued with the most potent protective spells I know. So long as you wear it, you are safe from all curses and enchantments that are within my power to oppose."
"... I didn't know that," I mumble.
"Even if you are not with me..." Viserion sighs deeply, "As long as you wear this, you are safe from harm." His lips move silently as his thumb circles over the charm. A flare of white light swirls upward, then fades like frosted breath.
"And now you are the only one who may remove it." Viserion swallows hard, his eyes refusing to meet mine, "You can leave... and this charm will keep you safe."
"You're... releasing me?" I gasp. Viserion's hand drops from me and he turns away.
"Yes."
"But..." I gasp, feeling the charm under my fingers, "...why?" I watch Viserion's back flex as he faces away from me.
"Because I can no longer live with this pain that I bring you. Because I would see you happy. Because..." A saucer-sized bloom breaks from its bough and floats like a feather on the breeze, catching both our gazes. Viserion stretches out a hand, beckoning it toward him with a gust of wind to catch it in mid-air. He pulls the dark flower to him, staring at its glowing center for a moment... then turns and gently takes my hand and places the flower in my palm.
"You're giving me this?" I ask slowly. But that means... Viserion's eyes meet mine as he cups my hand around the bloom, then turns away from me with great effort of will.
"I do not understand myself of late." He sighs, "The things I want from you torment me. And I'm certainly not a man who restrains myself from what I want." He sighs deeply, "But you... you do not deserve to be trapped in an empty palace with a broken, heartless man." My heart swells with a sudden surge of emotion. Alone in the clearing, magical glowing blooms all around me, and something powerful and intense takes hold. So, I make a decision.
"Viserion," I say, stepping in front of him. He goes to turn away from me again, but I take his hands in mine.
"I'm not going anywhere."
His eyes flash in confusion.
"What?" Viserion demands. My fingers touch his cheek with a trembling hand, unable to resist the urge to touch him.
"I want you, Viserion. Broken heart and all." I pull him to me, heart galloping out of control as I tilt my chin to meet him.
"Alora–"

As our lips finally meet, it's like a dam has broken. Viserion kisses me with a sudden hunger, as though to consume my body and soul, all reserve thrown to the wind. Needing air, I tear myself away. Viserion brings his forehead to mine, thumb reverently tracing my bottom lip.
"I have tortured myself with dreams of these lips." He whispers.
"So have I." I admit. I smile, tracing the sharp edges of his features, delighting in them.
"How could I not?" He asks. Viserion tilts my head to meet him again, exploring my mouth with abandon. He kisses me breathlessly, murmuring against my lips.
"Alora, I want more of you. All of you." He grips my dress as if he means to rip it off, and I find I'm doing the same. Both of us swept away on the same tide. Viserion takes me into his arms, kissing the breath from me, insatiable and ravenous until I gasp for air.
"Alora?" He says slowly.
"I just needed to breathe." I gasp," Don't...don't stop. Don't ever stop." We crash together again, his lips coaxing mine to part for him.
"Alora...I must see you." He begs. Distantly, I feel his hands descend to my clothes. Viserion makes quick work at the ties of my bodice. I shiver at the invigorating rush of cool air that greets me as the cloth slips down into a pool at my feet. Viserion pauses, gazing at me with such intensity that I self-consciously move to cover myself–
"Why do you hide yourself from me?" Viserion asks slowly. I hesitate before answering.
"I'm just... not used to being stared at like this." Viserion's eyes glitter with lust.
"Perhaps this will help." With one sweep of his arm, Kieran's clothes disappear. Standing before me in all his glory, Viserion is all that much more breathtaking and imposing, and I feel myself go a little lightheaded.
"If you can disrobe that easily, why bother inviting me to dress you that once?" I ask. There's a wicked, predatory gleam in his eyes that shoots straight to my core.
"My poor, innocent Alora. Why do you think?" Viserion bears me to the ground, a little at a time until my back rests against the soft moss. He traps me beneath him, my hands anchored to the ground, bared fully to his heated gaze, eyes dark and fathomless. Around us, the blossoms begin to fall in a whimsical flurry of petals.
"This is like a dream." I gasp. Viserion kisses my forehead tenderly.
"The reality of you is sweeter than any dream." He sits back, twisting his hand to coax over a breeze, causing a flutter of petals to cascade across my bare skin. Viserion kisses a path down my navel, then hovers over where I burn for his touch, hot breath against me.
"Please," I gasp.
"Please, what?" He asks wickedly.
"Please..." I gasp as the insatiable sensation builds.

Viserion is every bit the High Prince, smirking down at me.
"Not yet." He whispers, "Be patient for me." One hand snakes down my body idly, dancing lightly between my thighs, teasing me, making me writhe and gasp for more.
"I wish to live this moment as long as possible," Viserion whispers.
"P-Please, Viserion," I moan. He leans down, lips ghosting over mine.
"I do enjoy the way you plead." He laughs deeply, "I could tease you all day."
"My lord..." I gasp as his fingers brush against me.
"Luckily for you... I am not so patient." He moves his hands but remains atop me, strong shoulders keeping his weight from bearing me down entirely.
"Touch me." He demands. My hands trail down his body, taking him in my hand as my mouth wanders breathlessly over every inch of skin it can reach, my lips still aching from his bruising kisses.
"Ah, is that what you want?" Viserion asks. I gently bite the muscle of his shoulder, making him hiss.
"I can think of a better use for that mouth." Viserion shifts upward, then grasps the back of my head, guiding me toward his hips.
"Open for me, Alora." The blunt shape of him slips past my lips and fills my mouth, rocking heavily across my tongue.
"Ahh," He groans as he closes his eyes, luxuriating in the feeling of my lips and tongue as he cradles my head in one hand, pulling me against him in a slow but insistent rhythm. With no small amount of effort, he retreats from me, and I cry out, the loss of contact almost painful.
"I wasn't finished." I huff.
"I have not even begun." Viserion laughs. He flips me onto my back and spreads my thighs, settling himself between them, lavishing me with the wet heat of his mouth. I bite my tongue to hold back a moan that threatens to escape as Viserion grasps my hips to keep me pinned against the ground, but I can't help arching beneath his grip.
"Be still for me." Viserion demands.
"I-I can't," I gasp. "I need–" I let out a sharp cry as his tongue swirls hot against me until I feel the tension tighten in the pit of my stomach. The crushed flower petals beneath me are as soft as silk, their heady aroma wafting up all around me until I feel drunk with sensation. I start to push myself into a sitting position, only for one of Viserion's hands to reach up, planting firmly against my chest.
"Ah–" I gasp as Viserion's hand shoves me back down against the mossy earth. I gasp and moan, straining helplessly against his unnatural strength. From between my legs, Viserion's voice is a dangerous purr.
"What did I tell you, Alora?" He asks.
"Stay..." I struggle to speak. "...still–" Viserion sits up, nestled between my thighs, and cradles the back of my neck in one hand.
"My sweet Alora... How lovely you are, all laid out for me." Panting, mind spinning with want, I grasp at him, coaxing, pleading.
"I'm yours." I gasp.
"And how shall I take you?" Viserion's voice is a dangerous whisper.
"In whatever way you desire," I reply. Immediately, Viserion deftly flips me over onto my stomach, pulling roughly on my hips until they rise to meet him.
"Ah!" I gasp and arch as he enters me, driving to the hilt in a sudden, powerful thrust.
"Is it too much?" Viserion asks, his breathing staggers.
"No," I manage to get out.
"Do you want more?" He asks, pressing against my back to whisper in my ear.
"Y-Yes," I beg. Viserion chuckled darkly, rocking in a slow rhythm that grows faster, harder, until the very earth seems to shake beneath me. The tautness in my stomach grows ever tighter, building with his momentum, until I'm delirious with need.
"Tell me you're mine." Viserion demands between groans of pleasure. His growl sends a frisson through me, captivated and enthralled by his every word, every breath.
"I'm- I'm yours," My pulse pounding, Viserion's hands grip me ever tighter, closer, as I lose myself in the delirious pleasure of his touch.
"Viserion– I–"
"Not yet." He leans in, fingers curling in my hair as his whispers burn against my ear, "Not until you beg for it." I moan and beg, hardly knowing what I'm saying until Viserion's unstoppable rhythm drives me to the very edge and beyond. I gaze up at the sky in wonder as stars explode in my vision, my entire body trembling along with his in a moment that stretches boundlessly.
"Viserion..." I gasp. Eventually, the tremors subside and we curl together, tired, dreamy, and sated. Petals stick to my damp skin, and Viserion brushes them off with idle tenderness.
"That–" I begin to say, but Viserion stops me with a kiss.
"Indeed, it was." He says for me. Viserion nestles me against him and I listen to his drumming heartbeat slowly return to normal.
"Alora... I..." His ageless eyes scour my soul, seeking something.
"What is it?" I ask. The flash of melancholy passes, and he smiles and presses a kiss to my forehead, but something seems changed and distant.
"Only thinking how I've not felt this at peace in an age." Viserion sighs, "Almost... complete." Silence and chilled air settle over us. Viserion's body keeps me warm, but the glow of what we shared begins to fade, and an uneasy silence takes its place.

"The hour grows late." Viserion says, pulling away, leaving me cold. We rise, dressing, and try as I might, he will not meet my gaze again.
"We should return home." Viserion states. I swallow.
"I... suppose you're right." We've somehow become unsure of eachother.

Viserion leads me back to the carriage and sees me inside, but doesn't join me.
"Wait, are you not coming too?" I ask slowly. Suddenly remembering, I dig the glowing amulet from my pocket and hold it out for Viserion to see, "Look, I got what we came for. We can both return to the palace." He shakes his head.
"I will make my own way home." Viserion sighs, "I need some time to... consider what all of this means."
"But..." Viserion closes the door and walks away, pausing only to murmur to the horses.
"Take her home."
"Wait!" I call out, but it's too late. The horses obey their master, sending me galloping off without him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72 3 6
The King of the moon realm and a human who seeks herself, A commander from the sun realm who doesn't know her origin A king who lost everything. Wi...
4.4K 191 22
The World isn't what it once was. Humans depend on the protection of Werewolves; and the New World is ruled by a loose canon Lycan - hell bent on fin...
5.2K 217 18
*REWRITE CAN BE FOUND ON MY ACCOUNT, THIS VERSION IS DISCONTINUED Adonis had been alive for an excruciatingly long time. His heart shattered over an...
19 1 5
She's always trusted the land she's come from, she has (mostly) done as she's told to appease her father. She hides her imperfections, hides her thou...