Leaving In A Fast Lane

By Bi-Rain4life

One night can change a life forever. Amy Turner leads a normal life in Richmond, Texas with a loving parents... More

Good Bye Texas, Hello L.A
Hi, my name is Jason
Pastry Puff and Coffee Prince
Richard Tran
Thank you for saving me, my name is Logan
Let the Games begin
Richards's Past
I have had it... I am About To GO Ape Shit!!!!
Regrets!!!!!!!!
wait did you just say sorry to me!!!!!!!
Morning show girl!!!!!
You just got Served!!!!!!
Puerto Rico!!!!!!!!!
Puerto Rico part 2!!!!
Puerto Rico part 3!!!!
Puerto Rico part 4!!!!!
Puerto Rico part 5!!!!
Puerto Rico part 6!!!!!!
Heart Break!!!!!
It hurts to much!!!!!!!
F*CK MY LIFE BIG TIME!!!!!
I love you!!!!
Mission One!!!!
Han-Muh-Ni!!!!!!!!!
Arggggggg KImmmy!!!!!!
RUMOR HAS IT!!!!!
Let the games begin!!!!!
Mission Two!!!! Halmoni????
Taking a Break!!!!!
I can't do this any more!!!!!
Mystery Boy Part 32
The monster with in Part 33
My name is lee Part 34
Party time or nuhhhh!!! Part 35
Bang Bang Part 36
Find her NOW!!!!Part 37
Death???Part 38 (COMPLETED)

Leaving In A Fast Lane

1.5K 9 5
By Bi-Rain4life

" Yo, Amy! Make a left turn! You're wide open!" Ben shouted.

"Okay," I replied on my earpiece.

I made a left turn and lost the guys who were racing with me. A red car was right on my tail and I was so close to the finish line. Flipping the green button in the car, I sped through just in time to see the red car eat my dust.

" A you won! We are going to championship!" Ben exclaimed.  

"Calm down and stop yelling in my ear! And duh! These guys are a joke."

Stepping out of the car, I took my helmet off. People rushed towards me and my crew lifted me up in the air all while screaming my nickname.

" A,A,A,A!"

"Thanks guys, but I would have never done it if it weren't for y'all."

After the applause dimmed I descended from the air chair. My competitor made the effort to congratulate me with a sheepish grin. In a way, he reminded me of one of the guys at school. Attractive enough with the brown hair and dreamy green eyes.

"I didn't know girls could race that well," he laughed. "But I am glad to finally meet someone worthy of racing. I'm George."

" Well, I'm a different breed to be sure. And you're not too bad yourself. Amy."  

Extending one of those smiles any girl would melt for, he shook my hand.

"You know where to find me, Amy."

I watch George leave and a little part of me wished I had asked for his number. After all, we didn't go to the same school and dating guys outside of the ordinary Mary Link High School was something I always considered.

Beaming with pride, Jim, the owner of the race handed me the trophy. That man never once judged me when I told him I was going to beat any boy who dared to race against me. In fact, he became a great source of encouragement. We all posed for the camera and on the second shot the crew made silly faces.

"I would like to say once again that our girl A has proven to be the best racer," Jim said.

"Thank you, Jim. That means so much," I said. Patting my head, he gave me a hug.

" Good job, A. I knew you could do it."

" Thank you, Sam," I said.

Sam is my best friend since first grade who has always been there for me . Somewhere alone the way, she became my wardrobe designer, which has been a blessing. Each time I step on the track I look sexier than ever. From my hair, make up and outfits, everything is from the House of Sam. 

" So A, I guess the date is of the list since I lost the bet." Ben pouted. 

" Ben, I keep telling you not to bet with me. Cause you will always lose!" I winked.

The crew busted out laughing. As one of my good friends, Ben has always been an older brother. In good faith, he always makes a bet that one day he will take me out on a date. The problem is I never lose. Even though it's a joke, sometimes I wonder if there isn't a little bit of wishful thinking on his part. 

After bidding our goodbyes to the crew, I hop in Ben's "Dust Devil", his baby and most prize possession. The old  1976 Dodge had life in her especially with Ben's mechanical skills. Every chance he got was spent on fixing her slowly. 

He dropped me off at home, because I promised my mom that I would be back early. It should come to no surprise that 2:00 a.m. is still early for me. Usually, I bound home the next day or worse in the next two days. The one story house looked comforting with the lovely garden my mom worked so hard on developing.  i

" Thanks Ben! See you tomorrow." 

" Do you have to go home early? we are about to head to your victory party" Ben

" yes, I promised my mom" I

" okay Bye A" Sam

" good night A" Ben

I waved good bye to them, and walked to my drive way. The lights are out, I wonder if mom is sleeping. I unlocked the front door, and walked in; I could hear someone sniffing.

" mom is that you" I called out

I walked to the kitchen and didn't see her, I walked to the living room and I saw my mom curled up on the sofa holding dad's picture, and crying. I saw a mug full of tea and a box of tissue next to her.

" mom are you okay" I asked sounding sad

" no honey....sniff...your....sniff... dad has passed away, the general came today and told me while you were racing, I didn't tell you, because I didn't want you to lose the race" mom said while crying uncontrollably now.

 I rushed towards her and hugged her, I felt tears coming down, but I couldn't find me self to cry out loud. My dad passed away I can't even cry out for him. I was in shock and mad at him, he promised he will be home for my graduation and the champion game. Now he was dead and not going to be there.

" I am sorry honey...sniff...I miss him a lot, he was my first love, and I lost him" mom still crying

" shhhh mom, everything will be fine, I will take care of you I promise." I said While swiping my tears away. I took my mom's hand I walked her to her room. I lay down with her in my arms, until we both feel asleep. That night I dreamt about my dad, I remember the first time he took me racing, I was about 10yrs old. He went to a race track and I saw my dad racing. He looked so happy, when he was done, I told him that I wanted to be a race car driver just like him. On my 14th birthday my dad got me a motorcycle and I started to motor cross. The next time he came home, he took me to a car race track that is where I meet Jim. I was in love with the place. My dad taught me how to race, and fix cars, when I turned 16 he got me my first car. It was a Honda Civic, with a new engines, it is a fast car till today. On my 18th birthday which was just three months ago he got me my Yamaha motorcycle. I was so happy I jumped up and down and almost hurt myself. My dad and I build our back door shop, we worked on all sort of cars. He was a loving person and cared about everyone in the community.

I felt some one shaking me, I didn't want to wake up because I was happy and my dad was still alive in my dream. The minute I woke up he would be gone forever and reality will come crashing down on me.

" honey wake up, your dad's stuff is here" mom

" okay mom, I am up" I  said while waking up and grabbing my eyes, I was so tired and my head was hurting so bad. We walked down stairs and my whole family was down stairs, including my friends. I looked up to them and I saw them smiling at me and saying they're here for me. I didn't feel like talking to any one, I actually wanted to just go for a run; I wanted to leave the house, every comer I turned there where pictures of my dad and everything he has ever made. The whole house reminded me of him, because he built it.

" honey  you ready to open the bag" mom said

" yeah, thank you guys for coming here" I said whiling looking up the people crowded in my living room

We took the first bag, opened it and found my dad's clothes. Me and my mom took one shirt and started to sniff it. It smelled just like him, tears started to run down my cheek, but I quickly wiped them down. I looked over my mom and she was crying and my aunt was holding her. I looked at her to ask if she is okay and she nodded and we proceed to the next bag. It had a letter addressed to me and my mom. There was also picture of my dad and I giving each other high fives on my first race.

" honey I think you should read it" mom said

I took the letter, took a deep breath, this was the last thing my dad wrote before he passed away.

       I am sorry, I know by the time you guys are reading this letter, means I have passed on. I am sorry for not being there for your championship race and you graduation next year. I am proud of you A, you're the best child a father could ask for. Don't be sad, or ever feel lonely you have got a lovely mother, family and friends that will be there for you no matter what. You remind me a lot of me when I was your age, you're a strong woman and I leave you in charge of your mom. Tell her that I love her so much, and that I am sorry that I broke the promise of staying safe, I know she is probably crying her eyes out right now, but I love her so much, I miss her and I will always look out for yall up there. Tell your mom I love her so much and she is the best thing that ever happened to me beside you and racing.

                                            I love yall so much, your beloved Michael Turner

P.s: I left you and your mom some money to take care of yall, and A, I want you to go outside right now I have a surprise for you.

With that I dropped the letter and rushed to the front door, I took a deep breath opened the door and I found a red 1960's mustang on the drive way. Omg! This is the car that I wanted so bad, every single time me and my dad passed by the car shop, I would scream and make my dad stop, I even named it Razor. I can't believe the old man bought me the car. I started to cry and went into the driver's seat, there was a note on the passenger's seat.

                An early graduation present, I know you wanted Razor for the longest time, I hope you will take care of it, I love you so much and I am so proud of you. Now you will always have something to remember me by. Don't forget to take your mom for a ride, and be a good girl and remember to take care of your mom

                                                         DAD  : )

I sat in the car for a while, I heard the door opened and looked to see my mom came outside and my aunt holding her.

" mom" I shouted

" take it for a ride, I know he would want you too" said my  mom

" are you sure" I said

" yes honey, go for a breath, you need it" mom said

With that I got out of the car, rushed towards my mom gave her a hug and kissed her on her cheek. I rushed over to the car and got in, I saw my friends outside the door, and I motioned for them to come with. Sam and Ben walked over to me and got into the car. I started the car and put it into first gear and drove off. I drove to the lake where my dad and I used to go fishing. I stopped the car and just sat there quietly.

" I am sorry A" Sam said

" are you okay?" Ben asked

" yeah..... I am fine guys, my dad would want me to be strong and not mop around" I said

" it is okay to cry you know, we are here for you" Ben said

With that I broke down and started to cry my heart out, I cried for my dad and my mom. I miss him so much, I want him to be here for me, why did he have to die for. Ben and Sam were hugging me and holding me, I cried for about two hours and then I feel asleep. Ben drove me back home, while I was sleeping on Sam's lap. We got to the house and Ben carried me to my room and laid me there. I slept for a long time, then woke up and went to sleep with my mom. She was sitting on her bed looking at my dad's picture.  She motioned me to get in the bed with her. I climbed in and hugged her, I cried again and feel asleep.

Next morning I woke up to find my mom getting dressed . I yawed and stretch out my arms. I walked over to the bathroom, brushed my teeth took a shower and walked back to the room.

" honey we have to get ready for the funeral" mom

" okay mom" I said while giving her and hug and walking towards my room to get dressed. I wore a black dress that came to my knees, and my dad's military necklace that I found when going through his stuff. I sat in my room just looking around. 'I know I can do this' I said to myself, I took a deep breath, this will be the last time I see my dad's face. I went down stairs to find my grandparents, family and friends waiting for us. I walked down stairs took my mom's hand and went to the car. We rode in silent until we got to the grave. We got there, I could see man in uniform and the rest of our family members and the whole community. We stepped out and I held my mom's hand the whole entire time through the funeral.

Comment Please  : )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 398 27
A teen from a racing family must choose between family obligations and the singing career he longs for. *** Mason's parents had a dream. They wanted...
704K 15.4K 17
{Book 1 of the Twists of Fate series} What if everything you thought you knew... was a lie... That those who you thought were your family... weren't...
699 23 8
Love? What is love? Some say it's a selfish thing that makes people use you and your emotions , others say it's one of the best experience in life. B...
6.3K 55 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...