The MaAn Journey

By NomadForLife

It is my first fanfiction... This is a story of anupama after she divorced vanraj and moved out of shah house... More

Note
Introduction
Self Doubt
The Internship
Manhattan
Family
The Shadow of the Past
Teaser
New Character Alert !!!
Meet The Boss
Rewind
Secrets and Support
Dosti
The Reunion
17 Years Ago...
Distant yet Close
The Bid
Shame !!!
Chaos !!
Heading Home
Mind Games
Calm before the Storm
The Newspaper Scandal
Revealed !!!
Play The Man !!
All They Need Is A Push
Anupama Meets Anuj
Vanraj Creates A Scene
Important Note
An Unexpected Visit
Home
Teaser 2
Udaan
Entangled !!
Not Your Fault !!
Favours !!
Assumptions
A Fresh Start !!
Friends ?
Learning From Each Other
Festivities !!
Samar
Missing Each Other!!
Anuj bonds with Pakhi
Anuj at the Dance Academy
Anupama enjoys Anuj's company!!
Anuj comes up with a Plan.
The Launch Pooja
An Uninvited Guest !!
The Beginning of Karma for Vanraj !!
The Aftermath !!
Anupama at Anuj's Place
No Way Out !!
An Important Update !!
Karma and Longing !!
Shifting Dynamics And Evolving Bonds !!
A Parting Note

Anuj's Advice to Anupama

1K 79 48
By NomadForLife

Sorry guys to keep you waiting this long for this chapter but thank you so much for being patient and showing all the love and support for my fanfiction❤️❤️

It really means a lot to me !!🤗🤗

So without any further delay, let's begin.....

Recap :-

Anu:- I don't need you here.....so please.....leave me alone for now.

She said in a cold voice and Anuj left her way, not wanting to bug her anymore.

Anuj:- As you wish.

He stated, stepping aside and Anupama looked at him for one last time with apologetic eyes before she moved past him to go on her way.

Her heart knew that she wanted nothing more but for him to be a part of her life but her mind as always reasoned that after what Vanraj did today, her association with him would only cause him trouble and nothing more.

Kyu?.....Jab yaha pe tum dono ka sab kuch khullam khulla chal raha hai....to yahi baat office ki chaar diwari me kyu?

Waise manna padega Anupama.....college ki chingari der se hi sahi.....lekin bhadki bahut zor se.

Tabhi to bina talent ya experience ke job mil gayi.....bina standard ke dosti mil gayi....aur aab is deal ke through mujhse badla lene ka mauka bhi mil raha hai......sirf isiliye kyuki kisiko tumpe college me crush aa gaya tha.

Tumahre sabse bada fayda to mere saamne khada hai.....jiski nazaro me tum mahaan banne ke liye yeh sab kar rahe ho.....Tumahra bachpan ka pyaar.....jo is umar me rang laa raha hai.

Tab tak tujhe jo karna hai kar.....mohabbat karni hai kar......Anupama se matalab rakhna hai rakh.....besharam hoke rakhna hai rakh....

The entire scene kept flashing before her eyes as she walked into an under construction building, completely oblivious of her surroundings.

All she could see in front of her were stairs and she walked up those without even thinking where they were leading to.

She just wanted to get away from the noise, the whispers and the gossips but the sound of it followed her everywhere.

Mujhe to laga tha Anuj sir aur Anupama Jii sirf dost hai but yeh to ex-lovers nikle !!

Mujhe to lagta hai in dono ke beech abhi bhi kuch hai.

You are right......office me band darwaaze ke peeche kya hota hai.....hume kya pata !!

Come on guys.....tum dekh to lo tum kiske baare me gossip kar rahe ho. Anupama Jii humari colleague hai aur Anuj sir humare boss.....jo kuch bhi hai wo unka personal matter hai.....aur us Vanraj Shah ki baaton me aake hume Anupama Jii pe shak nahi karna chahiye.....after all wo ek fraud hai aur Anupama Jii ka ex bhi !!

Vanraj Shah bhale fraud ho lekin ek baat to usne sahi kahi.....Anupama Jii ko yeh job sirf isiliye mili hai kyuki wo Anuj sir ke close hai.....otherwise kaha mauka milta hai aise inexperienced logo ko itni badi company ke CEO ke saath kaam karne ka.

You are right !!.....She is just lucky !!

The words pricked her ears and she couldn't take it anymore.

Leaning on the railing of a balcony of an open under construction flat, she gave an outlet to the storm brewing inside her.

Why Does He Always Have To Do This? Why?......Why Does He Have To Always Make My Life Hell?.....Why?....Why?

She shouted at the top of her voice but all she received was silence in return.

She was done with everything.....tired of fighting the same battle again and again.....tired of responding to people's allegations and insults.....tired of losing herself in the process.

Mai kho chuki thi khud ko saalo pehle......fir bhi.....fir bhi.....pacchees saal baad maine khud ko dhunda.....apne sapno ko jagaya.....chalna seekha....aage badhna seekha.....lekin har baar kyu.....kyu unhone mujhe peeche kheechne ki kosis ki?

Kya milta hai unhe yeh sab karke?.....Mujhe aise sabke saamne beizzat karke.....mere baccho ko mujhse dur karke.....kya milta hai unko?....sab kuch to de diya maine unhe.....bacche parivaar sab kuch.....badle me unse kuch maanga tak nahi....aab kya chahiye unhe mujhse?....kyu karte hai wo yeh sab?......why just can't he leave me alone?.....why?

She questioned the man or rather herself for letting him do this to her again and again.

This wasn't the first time she was feeling this kind of anger and resentment but for the first time, she wanted to cry out loud and let her emotions loose but she couldn't do it. She couldn't shed a single tear or let out a loud scream.....she just couldn't.

The emotional turmoil she was going through from the last two months was breaking her from inside and the habit of shutting herself down was choking her bit by bit but she couldn't let the frustration out nor could she keep it in.

Exhausted, weak and broken, she leant more onto the railing for support but before she could realize, the iron structure, she was leaning onto, collapsed and she was almost about to fall when someone grabbed her hand and pulled her into an embrace.

An embrace which was just made for her....where she perfectly fitted....where she belonged to !!

_________________________________

Project Aadhar Site, Ahmedabad

27th August 2022, 5:00 pm

Anuj stepped out of Anupama's way and stood there in silence, looking away in the opposite direction while she disappeared into the premises.

I don't need you here.....so please.....leave me alone for now.

She had said and Anuj had agreed to it with teary eyes, wanting to give her space to process her thoughts and emotions.

If it would have been someone else in his place, the person would be relieved that Anupama didn't doubt his friendship or blame him for everything Vanraj said or did today but it was Anuj. He was in more panic than ever thinking that Anupama was blaming herself for the fiasco rather than him or Vanraj.

His heart bled thinking about the pain she might be going through right now after all the insults Vanraj hurled at her and realized that no matter what, he can't leave her alone today.....he can't let her blame herself for something that is his fault....he can't let her shut her emotions into a corner again.....he can't lose the chirpy, ambitious and a strong Anupama to the darkness called Vanraj Shah again.....not today.....not ever.....he just can't.

Having decided to be with her in the moment, Anuj started walking in long strides towards the place Anupama was headed to a while ago and finally reached the under construction building where he thought she might be.

He looked for her everywhere on the ground floor but couldn't find her.

Anuuu....

Calling for her name again and again, he continued his search and reached onto the second floor where he heard some voice coming out of an open under construction flat.

Not sure if it was her voice or his imagination, he gave the door to the apartment a slight push and soon his eyes fell on the silhouette of a lady standing near the edge of the balcony in the dark.

She was venting, questioning her fate and Anuj couldn't bear the sight of it. Tears welled up in his eyes seeing her like that but he immediately wiped them, taking off his glasses.

This isn't the moment to get emotional Anuj. You need to take care of her first.

He thought to himself as he looked at Anupama leaning more onto the railing for support and mentally cursed Vanraj for breaking her spirit.

Adjusting his glasses back, he slowly took a step ahead towards the balcony and this was when his eyes fell on the screw around the temporarily fixed railing loosen.

Anu..

He gasped in fear as he realized what's going to happen and immediately ran towards her.

ANUPAMAA....

He tried to get her attention but lost in her thoughts, Anupama didn't budge from her position.

ANUU....

He called out again as he almost reached her but before he could realize, the screws to the railing came off and the structure was about to collapse when Anuj took a big leap forward and instantly grabbed Anupama's hand.

Pulling her back from the edge, he enclosed her in his arms and hugged her tight as his body trembled with the fear of losing her again while the iron railing that broke off plummeted sixty feet down the height and landed on the ground with a thunder.

The sound of the crash
reverberated and Anupama couldn't comprehend what was happening. A moment ago, the ground beneath her feet had slipped and now it felt like she was enclosed in the safest place in the world.

Her eyes were shut but she could feel his arms around her shoulders, holding her close and Anuj could feel her hands, clutching the back of his kurta firmly.

Neither of them were in their senses and nor did they care, for in the moment, Anupama.....in his arms....felt protected from the world.....their taunts.....their insults....their allegations. In his arms, she felt at home....she felt at peace while the thought of what could have happened to her in his absence filled Anuj with dread and he tightened his grip on her shoulders and pulled her more into himself.

She felt the shift and buried her face in the crook of his neck, not wanting to leave. The tears that had refused to leave her eyes up until now, started flowing down her cheeks, letting out all the frustration and pain she has kept bottled up inside from months.

She didn't know whether it was his racing heart, his protective arms or the way he fought for her in front of everyone that made her feel so safe to let herself loose in the moment and nor did she want to question it. All she wanted to do right now was to pour out everything that was buried inside her and hope that he holds her close while doing it.

Meanwhile, Anuj could feel the wetness on her cheeks through his kurta and wanted to comfort her but he couldn't. The moment Anupama was about to fall down from the railing kept flashing before his eyes and he couldn't even bear the thought of it.

Anuj:- What the hell were you doing here on the edge?.....huh?

He blurted out in fear and anger while still holding her close but she couldn't form an answer this time.

Anuj:- Tumhe idea bhi hai Anupama ki agar mai tumhe abhi nahi kheechta to kya ho sakta tha?

He questioned further but all he received in return was a muffled voice that worried him even more.

Anuj:- You could have....

He trailed off, not being able to complete his sentence and the care in his voice made Anupama feel more guilty than ever.

Anu:-Sss....sorry.....ss.....sorrry....

She broke into sobs and Anuj's grip on her shoulders loosened hearing this.

Anu:- Ss....sssh....sorry mujhe....

She tried to form a sentence and left his kurta, wanting to come out of the hug and Anuj took the cue as he slowly separated himself from her.

Anu:-Sss....sorry.....sshh....sory....sorrry....sorry....

She kept mumbling as they parted and Anuj looked at her in disbelief as his eyes fell on her face wet with tears and her throat choking with sobs.

Anuj:- Anupamaa...

He gasped, mentally reprimanding himself for being so harsh with her while Anupama broke down.

How could he care for her so much after she ruined one of the most important days of his life?

The guilt engulfed her and she fell on her knees with a thud, startling Anuj.

Anu:-Sss....sorry.....sshh....sory.....sorry....sorry....

She apologized again and again between her sobs and Anuj couldn't see her like that as he realized she was still blaming herself for Vanraj.

Not wasting a second, he kneeled down and tried to comfort her with words.

Anuj:- Anu...listen to me....tumahri koi galti nahi hai.

He said in a worried tone but his concern weakened her even more and she just lowered her eyes in response.

Anu:- Sss....sab sab merii galti hai !!.....sory....Sss.....sorry.

She let out, bringing her knees close to her chest and holding it tight in an attempt to gather herself but it went in vain as tears kept rolling down her cheeks.

Anu:-Ss....sorry...sory....Mm...mmmm....mere ssath dd...dosti aapki....bb....bahut ghate ki rahi.

She said amidst her snivels and Anuj just nodded in denial trying to tell her that it's not the case but she didn't pay attention to him.

Anu:- Kkk.....kuch accha hoga ya nahi....yeh to nahi pata....lekin roz roz....roz roz....bas bura hi ho raha hai.

She further added and her wheezing got louder with every word making Anuj more and more anxious.

Anuj:- Anupamaa....please...meri taraf dekho....please.

He requested her but she nodded in a no, not being able to look him in the eye after what happened today.

Anu:- Mai jj...jja....jaanti hoo Anuj aapko lagta hai ki meri galti nahi hai.....lekin sach to yeh hai ki meri kismat mujhse humesha se roothi hui hai....mmm....meri life me to humseha yahi hota aaya hai....mmujhe aadat hai....par jabse aap mujhse mile hai.....aapke jeevan me bhi meri wajah se dukh...beijjati....meri wajah se aapko kya kya sunna pad raha hai....kya kya bardasht karna pad raha hai....pehle www.....wo aapki company ke saath fraud....aur aa...aab....baatein...Ghatiya baatein....occhi baatein....itne saare logo ke saamne beijjati.

She wept, replaying the events in her mind and a restless Anuj lifted his hand, wanting to console her but stopped as he realized that he shouldn't be doing this.

Retracting his hand back, he let out a snort, trying to hold himself together but a few drops of tears managed to find an escape while Anupama kept laying the blame on herself.

Anu:- Kaka ko bhi....sss...ssabke saamne sarminda hona pada....Meri wajah se....meri wajah se....meri wajah se...

She repeated over and over again in short breaths and Anuj couldn't bear her tears or pain anymore.

Anuj:- Nahi.

The word aggressively escaped his mouth as he punched the air in frustration and Anupama finally lifted her eyes to look at him, thinking that he was going to scold her for breaking down like this but he didn't.

Anuj:- Nahi Anu.....Enough of this guilt.....aaj jo kuch bhi hua tum uski zimmedar nahi ho.

Instead, he tried to get her out of the guilt she was drowning in and she just looked at him in disbelief, trying to control her snivels.

Anuj:- Tumne mujhe thode der pehle tumhe akela chodne ko kaha....maine chod diya....lekin aab nahi.....Dost hone ke naate aab mai kuch kehna chahta hoo.

He stated firmly as he wiped a tear from the corner of his eyes and Anupama gulped down a sob hearing this.

Anuj:- Mai aaj ek limit cross karne wala hoo.....aur uske liye mai pehle se sorry keh raha hoo Anupama....mai nahi ruk sakta.....aab nahi.

He declared, adjusting his glasses back while Anupama looked at him with bated breath in anticipation of what he was going to say or do.

Anuj:- Maine apne aap se waada kiya tha ki mai tumahri personal life me kabhi interfere nahi karunga....tumahri personal baaton me kabhi kuch nahi kahunga....kuch nahi bolunga mai....kyuki wo tumahri personal life thi.

He revealed, wanting Anupama to know that he never desired to cross the boundaries he had set for himself but unfortunately the situation created by Vanraj had forced him to do so.

Anuj:- Lekin wo life aab personal nahi hai.....public ho chuki hai.....Isiliye Mera aab chup rehna bekar hoga....All thanks to that Vanraj Shah.

He stated still enraged at Vanraj and Anupama understood his reaction.

However, Anuj realized that it was the time to address the situation and not his anger. Hence, he took a deep breath and continued.

Anuj:- Anupama....sabse pehli baat....sabse pehli baat jo tumhe samajhni hai....wo yeh hai ki....tumhari kismat tumse roothi nahi hai.

He said, looking at her intently and she sobbed thinking about his statement.

Anuj:-Are tumahri kismat mujhse kahi zada acchi hai.....Mere pass GK hai sirf....tumahre pass pura parivaar hai apna....pura parivaar......Samar jaisa beta hai....Pakhi jaisi beti hai.....Kinjal aur wo Nandini jaisi bahu hai....Bhavesh jaisa bhai hai...Kanta Aunty jaisi maa hai.....are Devika aur Vikram jaise dost hai tumahre pass.

He went on to remind her of all the beautiful relationships she has in her life and took a gulp before moving further.

Anuj:- Kya farak padta hai Baa aur Vanraj tumhe nahi samajhte to?...Kya farak padta hai?

He questioned, thinking how Vanraj and Baa's words affect her but she just wept with her face half buried in her knees, not having a reply for it.

Anuj:- Anupama....sab kuch sehna....chup rehna....yeh gud maana jaata hai.....especially aurato me......lekin Anupama
hume koi bhi baat bardasht karne se pehle ek baar yeh zaroor sochna chahiye ki wo baat bardasht karne layak hai ya nahi.

He tried to make her understand the consequences of letting Vanraj misbehave with her every time without any repercussions.

Anuj:- Kyuki jo baat tum aaj bardasht karogi....wo kal logo ko batayegi ki wo tumahre saath kaisa bartaav kare.

He said in an assertive tone and Anupama looked at him from the corner of her eyes in understanding.

Anuj:- Anu.....Tumne un logo ko chabees saal diye hai apni zindagi ke khud ko bhula kar......wo log aaj tumhe respect nahi kar sakte......to naa kare.....lekin kisika haq nahi banta ki wo tumahri insult kare chahe fir wo tumahri family ho......dost ho......pati ho.....ya fir ex pati ho.....kisika haq nahi banta ki wo tumahre saath misbehave kare.......tumhe mistreat kare....tumahre saath batameezi kare.

He reiterated with a snivel, thinking how Anupama sacrificed everything for Vanraj but he didn't hesitate even a bit before insulting her in front of everyone.

Meanwhile, Anupama just kept listening to him silently, trying to control her tears and sobs but they didn't seem to stop.

Anuj noticed this and tried to explain that he was not trying to provoke but explain her.

Anuj:-I know tume lag raha hoga ki mai tumhe bhadka raha hoo....lekin nahi....mai bas itna chahta hoo ki tum us daldal se baahar aao.

He said and Anupama lifted her face from her knees hearing this.

Anuj:- Roz roz tumahre saath.....wahi taane.....wahi baatein....wahi ilzaam....wahi jhagde.....unse kab tak ladogi tum?.....Kab tak sahogi?.....Ek din?....das din?....ek saal?....das saal?....bees saal?....In the end tum andar se tut jaogi Anupamaa.....you will be broken inside. Why don't you understand?

He unleashed his frustration and Anupama for the first time realized she was feeling the same way right now.....broken, bitter and done with everything but she had no clue what to do about it.

Anu:- Tt...tt...tto mm...mai kya karu?

She sniveled and Anuj just tried to guide her towards the answer.

Anuj:- Jung ladna zaroori hota hai Anu.....par zehar peena zaroori nahi hota. Why don't you understand !!

He said and Anupama just looked at him perplexed.

Anuj:- Divorce ke wakt tumne Vanraj se alimony nahi mangi....uspe extra marital affair karne ka ilzaam nahi lagaya....infact Pakhi ki custody ke liye bhi tumne dubara file nahi kiya....kiske liye?....Baa Bapuji Pakhi Toshu Samar ki khushi ke liye...us ghar ki shaanti ke liye....hai na?......Kya us ghar me shaanti hai?....Kya wo log khush hai?.....most importantly kya tum khush ho?.....khush ho tum?

He explained in the form of an inquiry but Anupama looked down in silence, knowing that the answer was a big no.

Anuj:- Shaanti banaye rakhne ki keemat agar aatma samman hai....to bahut mehnga sauda kiya hai tumne Anupama.

He stated and Anupama gulped a sob hearing this.

Anu:- Anujj....ww....wo....meri family ke liye....

She tried to defend her actions citing they were for her family but Anuj cut her off in between.

Anuj:- No Anupama.....not today.....aaj tum kisiko defend nahi karogi.

He asserted and went on to remind Anupama of how Vanraj takes advantage of her love for her family.

Anuj:- Every ten days wo Vanraj Shah apne hibernation se bahar nikalta hai aur kabhi apni baat leke ya fir kabhi apne baccho ki baat leke tumahre paas aata hai aur tumahri insult karta hai.....tum use jawab deti ho.....wo chala jaata hai....wo jaata hai to Baa aati hai...tumhe khari khoti sunati hai...tumahre baccho ko lekar tumhe emotionally blackmail karti hai aur us case ko wapas lene ke liye kehti hai jisse tumahra koi lena dena nahi hai....and this goes on and on and on. You know why?.....Because Vanraj aur Baa ko acchi tarah se pata hai ki jabtak tumahre bacche is equation me hai.....tum Vanraj ke khilaf koi action nahi logi....aur wo log bas isi baat ka fayda uthate hai.

He said and Anupama knew that he was right.

Vanraj has never done anything but use her love for her children to make her life miserable.

She thought to herself as tears stopped flowing from her eyes and her sobs subsided while Anuj pointed out how Vanraj did the same today.

Anuj:- Aaj bhi......aaj bhi Vanraj was getting an easy way out of this mess he has created....he just had to pay eight lakh rupees in compensation, be a witness in the MG Group case, and apologize to some employees and the board of directors in the office while signing his private admission of guilt.....but no....he didn't take it....instead he came down here....insulted you in front of your colleagues and friends and went back without feeling an ounce of regret just because he has this security that you will do nothing about it and he will get out of this again without a dent.

He stated while Anupama tried to tell Anuj that she wants to stop Vanraj and listening to her, Anuj realized she just doesn't know how to.

Anu:- Aa...Anuj....I try to stop him but....

She said but Anuj interrupted her in between.

Anuj:- Trying is not enough Anupama. Sometimes trying is not enough. Wo insaan tab tak tumahre saath galat karta rahega jab tak uske andar yeh dar nahi baithega ki uski galtiyon ki use saza bhukatni padegi.....aur yeh dar uske man me sirf tum baitha sakti ho Anu aur koi nahi.....aur koi bhi nahi.

He enunciated but Anupama wasn't convinced.

Anu:- Lekin kk...kaise?.....Mujhe pata hai aap aur Devika kehenge ki mujhe unke khilaf police action lena chahiye.....lekin mm.....mai yeh nahi kar sakti Anuj.....us ghar me aur bhi log rehte hai jo mujhse bahut pyaar karte hai aur mai Mr. Shah ki wajah se unko takleef nahi de sakti.

She argued and Anuj tried to reason with her.

Anuj:- I know Anu....you believe that Baa Bapuji aur tumahre bacche tumse bahut pyaar karte hai.....and I believe that too....I trust you.....Par wo tumhe samajhte nahi hai Anu....samajhte nahi hai wo tumhe.

He stated and Anupama's heart ached on hearing the truth she never wanted to face.

The tears that had stopped rolling down her cheeks pooled back in her eyes and Anuj noticed this.

He wanted to stop right then and there but he knew if Anupama didn't hear the truth today, it would probably cause a lot more pain to her in the future.

Hence, taking a deep breath, he continued.

Anuj:- Anu.....ho sakta hai ki mai galat hoo....kal wo log badal jaaye....tumhe samajhne lage....lekin yeh sirf ek possibility hai......surety nahi hai life ki....kal ki us umeed ke liye tum apna aaj barbaad kar dogi....bolo?

He said, looking at Anupama intently and reminded her of something she had forgotten.

Anuj:- Bediyaan baandh ke udaane nahi bhari jaati Anupama......aur ek baat yaad rakhna.....jo log yeh Bediyaan baandhte hai na.....wo log kabhi Bediyaan kholte nahi hai....un bediyon ko todna padta hai.

He proclaimed and Anupama's eyes flew open at his statement.

To her, her kids and family might not be the chains that stop her from moving on but it was the truth that Vanraj was using them as one to hold her back. This was evident in her eyes and Anuj just wanted to show what was already hidden within her.

Anuj:- Tumne itni mehnat se....duniya se lad ke....apne ghar walo se lad ke.....apni ek pehchaan banayi hai Anu.....ek dance academy kholi hai....apne bal boote pe apni padhai puri ki hai.....ek reputed company me apne liye ek jagah banayi hai.....kya tum chahti ho yeh roz roz ke tamasho ki wajah se.....roz roz ke jhagdo ki wajah se tumahri wo pehchaan kahi kho jaaye?.....kya tum chahti ho ki tumahri pehchaan pe koi bewajah daag lagaye?.....Nahi na?

He questioned Anupama while she nodded in a no listening to him and Anuj realized Anupama had finally understood what he was trying to convey to her.

Anuj:- To kuch karo Anu....do something to finish this Vanraj nonsense for once and all.

He asked her to do something about it for her own sake and Anupama closed her eyes in acknowledgement.

Anuj:- Tumhe khud kuch nahi samajh aa raha....to koi baat nahi......tumahre paas sab hai.....tum unse baat karo....Maa....Bhavesh....Devika....Vikram....jisse baat karni hai baat karo.

He suggested and wiped a tear from his eyes before he adjusted his glasses back on his nose and continued.

Anuj:- Tumhe mere saath dosti nahi rakhni.....mat rakkho.....par jeene ke liye saans to tumhe khud leni padegi na Anupama.....aur mai chahta hoo.....tum khul ke saans lo.....nayi udaane bharo.....ghoot ghoot ke jeena band karo yrr. Tum chaho to mujhse door ho jaaoo.....but for God's sake....apni khushiyon se dur mat ho.

He pleaded with joined hands and Anupama was shocked by his request and his demeanor.

Anu:- Anuj....please yeh aap kya kar rahe hai.

She instantly asked him to stop and he complied, realizing that he was making her uncomfortable while Anupama looked at him in admiration.

She has seen her ex-husband make her life miserable for as long as twenty five years. She had seen her own mother and father in law stand in silence watching him do it. She had seen her children ask her to compromise with the situation for their sake. She had seen her family, her ex-husband try to manipulate her into staying in a toxic environment but never in her life had she seen someone who would offer to go away from her life just so that she could stay happy.

How could such a gem of a person exist in this cruel world and how lucky she is to have him in her life !!

She thought to herself as she wiped the tears lingering in her eyes in an attempt to get back to her normal self while Anuj pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and offered it to her.

She slowly took it from his hands and looked at the A engraved on it in wonder but before she could reach a conclusion, Anuj interrupted her chain of thoughts.

Anuj:- Mai abhi ke liye yaha se jaa raha hoo...

He said and Anupama looked at him as if she didn't want him to go but Anuj assured her that she wouldn't be alone.

Anuj:- Lekin tumhe akela chod ke nahi.....tumhe tumahre saath chod ke....hmm?

He stated and Anupama just hummed in response thinking about it.

Receiving a nod from her, Anuj stood up from the place and walked out with small steps while Anupama kept looking at his retreating figure as she brought the small A engraved handkerchief in her hand closer to her face and gripped it tightly between her fingers.

Her heart no longer felt heavy as the dried up tears on her cheeks had washed away all the bottled up pain and frustration from inside her. The storm that had been threatening to break her for months had finally passed after finding an outlet and there was calmness around.....both inside and outside.

The small piece of white cotton in her hand and its familiar fragrance brought back the same comfort and peace she felt a few minutes ago while enclosed in that hug.

And finally, she could think !!

She could think straight about what Anuj said to her, about how she had given Vanraj the power to control her, to manipulate her, to break her and as she did, she found her anger rising up again.....not at Vanraj.....but at herself.

She began recalling all those instances when Vanraj used her children as a shield to protect himself or as a hammer to shatter her and this time, those flashbacks disturbed her more than she thought they would.

She realized that she had been unknowingly falling prey to his vile schemes all this while only in order to shield her children from the disgusting reality that man was and it wasn't working...... neither for her and nor for her kids.

Every ten days wo Vanraj Shah apne hibernation se bahar nikalta hai aur kabhi apni baat leke ya fir kabhi apne baccho ki baat leke tumahre paas aata hai aur tumahri insult karta hai.....tum use jawab deti ho.....wo chala jaata hai....wo jaata hai to Baa aati hai...tumhe khari khoti sunati hai....and this goes on and on and on. You know why?.....Because Vanraj aur Baa ko acchi tarah se pata hai ki jabtak tumahre bacche is equation me hai.....tum Vanraj ke khilaf koi action nahi logi....aur wo log bas isi baat ka fayda uthate hai.

Aaj bhi......aaj bhi Vanraj was getting an easy way out of this mess he has created....but no....he didn't take it....instead he came down here....insulted you in front of your colleagues and friends and went back without feeling an ounce of regret just because he has this security that you will do nothing about it and he will get out of this again without a dent.

Tumne itni mehnat se....duniya se lad ke....apne ghar walo se lad ke.....apni ek pehchaan banayi hai Anu.....kya tum chahti ho yeh roz roz ke tamasho ki wajah se.....roz roz ke jhagdo ki wajah se tumahri wo pehchaan kahi kho jaaye?.....kya tum chahti ho ki tumahri pehchaan pe koi bewajah daag lagaye?.....Nahi na?

To kuch karo Anu....do something to finish this Vanraj nonsense once and for all.

Every word that Anuj has said replayed in her mind and she felt the strength in her coming back.

Anuj is right, Anupama. This needs to stop. Vanraj Shah can't be allowed to get away with everything.

Her mind reckoned and she knew that she had to do something to stop Vanraj from constantly making her life miserable.

However, the only way to do that was to snatch the very weapon he has been using to manipulate and control her but that path was hard as it involved her children and Anupama didn't know if she could walk it.

She sat there in silence, contemplating her thoughts and trying to gather herself back but not far away from her, in the same premises, there was someone else on the verge of breaking down.

It was no one but Anuj who had found a secluded corner in the same building to deal with his own emotions yet the visuals of a distressed Anupama didn't seem to leave him.

Her frustration, her tears, her sobs.....that moment when she broke down in his arms kept flashing before his eyes and he couldn't just bear the pain of it.

His heart started getting heavy due to guilt of not being able to control the situation and his breaths became short as anxiety took over.

Waise manna padega Anupama.....college ki chingari der se hi sahi.....lekin bhadki bahut zor se.

Tabhi to bina talent ya experience ke job mil gayi.....bina standard ke dosti mil gayi....aur aab is deal ke through mujhse badla lene ka mauka bhi mil raha hai......sirf isiliye kyuki kisiko tumpe college me crush aa gaya tha.

Tumahre sabse bada fayda to mere saamne khada hai.....jiski nazaro me tum mahaan banne ke liye yeh sab kar rahe ho.....Tumahra bachpan ka pyaar.....jo is umar me rang laa raha hai.

Vanraj's words rang in his ears like a siren and he punched the air out of frustration as the scene of Anupama dejectedly leaning on the balcony played before his eyes again.

This was the third time Vanraj had insulted her in front of him and he couldn't do anything about it. What kind of a friend he was?

His heart questioned and the guilt of not having an answer weighed on him.

He rubbed his forehead and neck vigorously trying to get rid of that feeling and thoughts but the flashes of Anupama in anguish kept coming back and started haunting him like never before.

His throat went dry while his temples throbbed in rage as his mind went to the person responsible for putting his love in so much distress.

How dare he?

He let out as his lips quivered in anger and his jaws clenched in frustration.

His blood boiled as he recalled Vanraj's smug face whispering something into Anupama's ears and the sight made him choke on his own fury.

Not being able to control himself anymore, he crashed his fist into the pile of sacks kept in front of him as a series of events from the past month played before his eyes and unleashed the anger, pain and frustration buried deep inside him.

Thump Thump Thump !!

The sound echoed around the small corner as Anuj kept landing his punches on the sacks one after another.

The day he had found out that Vanraj had betrayed Anupama for nine years was the day he thought that there is nothing worse than this that Vanraj could have done or could do to Anupama but with each passing day, the vile man proved him wrong.

He not only insulted and belittled her every time but also questioned her character that too in front of everyone and Anuj
trembled thinking what Anupama might have faced in the last twenty six years of her life because of that disgusting man.

No wonder she is used to hiding her pain. Someone who has been insulted all her life for the smallest things would never dare to open up about their deepest wounds.

The realization dawned upon Anuj and his punches became relentless.

Thump ! Thump! Thump!

At that moment, he didn't care about the physical pain he was causing himself for it was his punishment for not being able to stop that Vanraj from sucking the life out of his love.

Anupama's cries....her sobs.....her snivels were still reverberating in his ears.....the sight of her almost slipping off the edge of the balcony was still unsettling his nerves and the pain he felt, when he saw her lifeless eyes after Vanraj insulted her, was something that he just couldn't tolerate anymore.

Wanting to get rid of that unnerving feeling, he pulled back his punches and let out a loud scream as he slid onto the ground with a thud still breathing heavily while on the other side, Anupama slowly stood up from the floor, wiping the dried tears from her cheek with the handkerchief he gave her.

The pain in her heart was gone but the anger from the incident was still swirling inside her and she was waiting to channelise it in the right direction or rather towards the right person.

She knew that the road ahead was hard but after much thought, she had decided to walk on it. She knew that she might be construed as a bad mother by her children and her family for bringing them in the middle of this unfortunate situation but she knew that she had to do it for Vanraj would never expect that and would still be too overconfident from the win.

It was a perfect opportunity for her to use his own weapon against him and she didn't want to let go of it. She wanted him to feel the same way she had been feeling since the past one year and Anuj's words from before further strengthened her will.

Bediyaan baandh ke udaane nahi bhari jaati Anupama......aur ek baat yaad rakhna.....jo log yeh Bediyaan baandhte hai na.....wo log kabhi Bediyaan kholte nahi hai....un bediyon ko todna padta hai.

The sound of his voice reverberated in her ears and she gave her braid a little pull in determination before she took a step ahead to walk out the door.

Meanwhile, outside the gates of the project site, GK, Kanta and Devika stood anxious, watching the swarm of media bombard Vikram with questions about Vanraj allegedly being invited to their private event but Vikram very well knew how to handle it.

He gave some instructions to his PR team to manage the situation and walked out of there forcing a smile while Devika wondered if everything was alright.

Devika:- Bunty.....sab theek hai na?.....tune PR team ko media ko kya bolne ko kaha?

She asked, worried as she saw Vikram walking up to her and the others but Vikram gestured her to relax.

Vikram:- Wahi jo sach hai....."humne Vanraj ko invite nahi kiya tha balki Vanraj khud security breach karke humare event me aaya tha.....wo bhi hume dhamki dene".

He cited his words to the PR team but Devika was confused as to why he would let the media know about Vanraj's blackmail.

Devika:- Aur?

She inquired, hoping there is something more to it but Vikram knew what he was doing.

Vikram:- Aur kuch nahi.....that's it....nothing more nothing less.....unhe jo story banani hogi khud bana lenge.....filhal ke liye bas itna statement release karna hi kaafi tha.

He replied in a straight tone and Devika understood that she shouldn't push him anymore for the answer.

Hence, she kept silent but Kanta couldn't as she saw a pensive look on everyone's face including GK's.

Kanta:- Gopi bhai.....Vikram beta....hume maaf karna.....humari wajah se aapki pooja me itna bada tamasha hua aur aap logo ko na jaane kya kya sunna pada.

She said, feeling guilty for the ruckus Vanraj had created but Vikram instantly stopped her.

Vikram:- Aunty please.....aapki wajah se kuch nahi hua hai.....in fact sorry to hume aapko bolna chahiye.....hum sab yaha hoke bhi Vanraj ko nahi rok paaye......we are really sorry Aunty......we are really very sorry.

He apologized to Kanta for not being able to stop Vanraj and GK too joined him there.

GK:- Vikram bilkul theek keh raha hai Kanta Ben.....hume Vanraj ko rokna chahiye tha.....galti humari hai ki wo is pooja me kadam bhi rakh paaya.

He stated and Kanta had tears in her eyes hearing this.

Her daughter's life has become a living hell just because of one wrong decision she took years ago under societal pressure and now not only Anupama, but everyone else was also facing the brunt of it.

She thought to herself and was about to apologize again to GK when he interrupted her.

GK:- Mere saamne ek baar aisa hua to mai apna sabr bhul gaya.......Anupama ke saath to roz saalo se aisa hota hoga.....fir bhi wo apni maryada nahi bhuli.....kaise?.......Jeebha ka ghaav bhar jata hai Kanta Ben......lekin jeebh se diya hua ghaav kabhi nahi bharta.

He said, thinking what Anupama might have had to face in all those years but Kanta, right now, was more concerned about the present.

Kanta:- Aap sahi keh rahe hai Gopi Bhai.....pata nahi meri bacchi kaisii hogi?.....kis haal me hogi?

She let out in a jittery voice and Devika tried to calm her down.

Devika:- Aunty aap chinta mat kariye.....Anuj hai Anu ke saath....wo use sambhal lega.

She stated, gently rubbing her shoulders but Kanta wasn't convinced.

Kanta:- Kaise na karu Devika?....tujhe to pata hai na Anu kaisi hai.....wo kabhi apne dil ki baat kisi aur ko nahi bolti....bas andar hi andar dard me ghutati rehti hai.

She expressed her concern about Anupama not opening up about her pain and Devika understood her but she also knew that seeing so many people around, Anupama will never open up or come out of her shell.

Hence, she decided to ask everyone to go home except Vikram.

Devika:- Aunty mai aapki baat samajh rahi hoon.....lekin is wakt Anu ko thode der akela chodna zaroori hai.....isiliye aap aur GK abhi ghar jaiye.....mai aapse Anu ki baat karati hoon.

She suggested but Kanta didn't want to leave her daughter alone anymore.

Kanta:- Lekin Devika mai Anu ko aise akela chod ke....

She tried to protest but Vikram intervened and assured her that he and Devika are there for Anupama.

Vikram:- Aunty hum sab hai na Anu ke saath....Devika bilkul theek keh rahi hai....aap is wakt shaant man se ghar jaiye.....Nihar bhi neighbors ke saath kaafi der se akela hoga.....hum yaha pe sab sambhal lenge.

Moreover, he reminded her of Nihar who was alone at home and Kanta realized that she needed to go back home for Nihar as Bhavesh wouldn't be back till late night.

GK:- Haan Kanta Ben.....aap chaliye.....mai aapko ghar chod deta hoon......yeh sab hai na Anupama ke pass.

Meanwhile, GK offered to drop her and she accepted it.

Kanta:- Theek hai Gopi bhai.

She said and turned to leave but not before asking the duo to take care of Anupama.

Kanta:- Tum dono meri Anu ka dhyaan rakhna....use thodi der bhi akela mat chodna.

She requested them one last time and Vikram reassured her that they will.

Vikram:- Aunty hum hai na.....Anu ko hum ek minute ke liye bhi akela nahi chodenge.....aap aaram se jaiye....hmm?

He stated and Kanta just hummed in response before she followed GK out the door.

As the duo left, Vikram shifted his focus to the whereabouts of his friends.

Vikram:- Devika......Anuj aur Anu kahi dikhe kya tujhe?

He asked Devika in a tensed voice and Devika answered him without wasting a second.

Devika:- Nahi Bunty.....bahut der ho gayi hai unhe gaye hue aur wo aas pass kahi nahi dikh rhe.

She said with an unsettling feeling in her gut and the look on her face troubled Vikram.

Vikram:- Mujhe aab chinta ho rahi hai.....pata nahi wo dono theek honge bhi ya nahi.

He let out, wondering if his two friends are alright and Devika crossed her fingers praying the same.

Devika:- Theek ka to pata nahi but I just hope ki dono saath ho.

She said, hoping for them to be each other's support system in this situation but Vikram couldn't wait for their return anymore.

Vikram:- I think hume unhe chal ke dhundna chahiye.....kaafi time ho gaya.

He suggested, not wanting to leave them alone and Devika agreed to it instantly.

Devika:- Ek kaam kar tu yahi ruk.....ho sakta hai PR team ko teri zaroorat pade.....mai un dono ko dhundne jaati hoon.

However, she asked Vikram to be present at the scene to manage any media situation if it arises and Vikram realized that she was right.

He needed to be there to instruct the PR team and manage a thousand other things in Anuj's absence. So, he asked Devika to go without him.

Vikram:- Theek hai.....lekin agar tujhe koi bhi ya fir un dono ko koi bhi need ho.....just give me a call.....okay?

He said, asking her to call him if need be and Devika nodded in understanding before Vikram left to make a call and she went out in search of Anupama and Anuj.

Devika:- ANUJ......ANU.

She kept calling their names as she roamed around the premises searching for them but there was no response from the other side.

Devika:- Pata nahi kaha chale gaye yeh dono.

She let out as she stood in the middle of the ground, tired of searching them when her eyes finally fell on a watchman walking past her and she decided to ask him about it

Devika:- Bhaiya......aapne Anupama Madam ko kahi dekha hai kya?

She inquired, calling out to the guard and he turned around to answer her.

Watchman:- Sorry mam.....mujhe nahi pata wo kaun hai !!

He said, clueless about the person she was talking about and Devika reprimanded herself internally for asking about the wrong person.

Devika:- Accha....Anuj sir ko to aap jaante honge na.....unhe kahi dekha hai aapne?

She corrected herself and the guard finally gave a knowing look.

Watchman:- Haan mam......wo us taraf gaye hai.....us building me.

He informed, pointing towards an under construction building and the sight of it baffled Devika.

Devika:- Building me?

She asked, perplexed and the man confirmed it with a nod.

Devika:- Thank you Bhaiya.

She stated, thanking him for his help and instantly paced towards the building in long strides.

Devika:- ANUJ.

She called in a loud tone as she entered the building but all she received in return was silence.

She looked around the ground floor but couldn't find anyone.
However, as soon as she was about to leave for the first floor, she heard someone panting around the corner enclosed by sacks that separated it from the entire room.

Not sure of who it belonged to, she followed the voice and reached the place but the sight that greeted her on arrival shattered her heart into pieces.

Devika:- Anuj !!

She gasped as her eyes saw Anuj sitting on the floor breathing heavily with his face dripping in sweat and his knuckles red with bruises.

She had no clue as to what might have happened to him but looking at his condition, she was sure that something had gone terribly wrong and she needed to get him out of it.

Not wanting to startle him, she kneeled down slowly and put a hand on his shoulder in order to provide him some comfort while Anuj turned his eyes to look at her.

The pain in his eyes broke Devika and she didn't know how to ease it.

Devika:-Anuj....A....Anuj....kk....kya hua?

She asked hesitantly with a trembling voice and Anuj couldn't form a response to it.

Anuj:- Devika !!

He sobbed, looking at her and Devika instantly enclosed him in a hug while he let his pain flow through his eyes in the form of tears.

Anuj:- Anupama.....kyun?

He questioned amidst his tears and Devika didn't know how to answer it.

She tried to pull him out of the hug, wanting him to speak his heart out but he held onto her and realizing that he needs this, she held him tight and let him cry for a while.

The tears eased his pain but he still had so much resentment inside him that it poured out the second he came out of that hug.

Anuj:- Anupama hi kyun?

He questioned again still with tears in his eyes and his voice broke as he realized nobody had the answer for it.

Anuj:- Kyun yaar?......Har baar Anupama ko hi taane aur beizzati kyu sehan karni padti hai?

He complained and Devika understood that it was Anupama's pain that was frustrating and breaking him from inside.

Anuj:- Us Vanraj ki himmat kaise hui sabke saamne Anupama pe keechad uchalne ki?

He let out in a raging voice and Devika rubbed his back trying to calm him down but it did him no good.

Anuj:- Use mujhse mushkil hai na.....mujhse problem hai na....mujhse ladai kare.....mujhse baat kare.....mai dekhta hoon na......Anupama ko kyu kheechta hai beech me?.........Har baar Anupama kyu yrr?......Wo kaise jeeyegi?.....kaise jeeyegi wo?

He grumbled and tears rolled down Devika's cheeks hearing his tone change from that of anger to distress.

Anuj:- Uski aankho me nami dekhta hoon na to mera dil baith jaata hai Devika.....aur aaj maine Anupama ko rote hue dekha....aise rote.....aise rote hue dekha ki.....Mere saamne.....main kuch kar nahi paya !!

He sobbed, feeling guilty for not being able to do anything to make things better for his love and Devika cried with him, feeling the same way.

Anuj:- Strong Anupama ko maine tutate hue dekha.....bikharte hue dekha.....kyu?......mai tumhe bata nahi sakta ki mere dil pe is wakt kya guzar rahi hai.

He stated, still heartbroken over Anupama's condition and Devika tried to comfort him.

Devika:- An....Anuj....shaant ho jaa Anuj.....shaant ho jaa.

She began in a calm voice, wanting Anuj to stop blaming himself for the situation and in order to do that, she tried to reason with him.

Devika:- Anu ke saath galat ho raha hai kyuki wo galat hone de rahi hai....divorce ke waqt agar usne Vanraj ke khilaaf strict action le liya hota to us aadmi ki itni himmat nahi hoti ki wo sabke saamne aake uski insult karta.

She said, reminding Anuj of how Anupama got into this mess and took a pause waiting for him to take it in.

Devika:- Anuj hum dost hone ke naate bas use sahi galat ka farak samjha sakte hai....use apni galti sudharne ke liye force nahi kar sakte.

She further added but Anuj wasn't convinced by her statement.

Anuj:- Devika tu samajh nahi rahi hai.....Anu ki galti nahi hai is baar.....us Vanraj ne jo kuch bhi kiya.....wo isiliye kiya kyuki maine Anupama ka naam us deal me daala tha.....meri stupidity ki wajah se aaj uski yeh haalat hai.

He argued with her and Devika realized that she needed to make him understand that even if he had done things differently, the outcome would have always been the same.

Devika:- Anuj.....jo tune.....nahi humne.....jo humne kiya wo agar hum nahi karte na.....to bhi aaj jo hua usko hone se hum rok nahi paate.....Vanraj agar aaj yeh nahi karta to kal karta.....sabke saamne nahi karta to akele me karta....lekin karta zaroor....and trust me Anuj.....us wakt bhi Anu ko itna hi dard hota jitna abhi ho raha hai.

She told him exactly how that situation would have played out and Anuj kept silent, knowing that she was right.

Devika:- I know yeh jo kuch bhi hua theek nahi hua.....lekin tu hi soch.....Anu ko kamsekam aab ehsaas to hoga ki us Vanraj ko sabak seekhana kitna important hai.

She tried to give Anuj a different perspective to look at the situation but Anuj was still stuck on his.

Anuj:- Fir bhi Devika mujhe aisa nahi karna chahiye tha.....mujhe Anu ki life me interfere nahi karna chahiye tha.....maine khud se waada kiya tha.....lekin mai kya karta.....us din us Vanraj ko Anu ki insult karte hue dekha to mujhse saha nahi gaya.....aur aaj....

He blamed himself for putting her name in the deal but stopped in the middle realizing that Devika doesn't know in how much distress and anguish Anupama was when he found her in the building.

However, by now Devika had sensed that there was something Anuj was hesitating to tell her about and hence, she decided to ask him about it.

Devika:- Aur aaj?

She inquired, wondering what it is that she doesn't know and Anuj finally told her everything.

Anuj:- Use rote hue dekha to mai khudko bardasht hi nahi kar paaya.....mujhse ruka nahi gaya....maine sab kuch bol diya Devika.

He disclosed about the things he said to Anupama about Vanraj, Baa and her family and Devika was stunned to hear this while Anuj regretted crossing his limits.

Anuj:- How could I?.....How could I?.....Maine khud se waada kiya tha ki mai uske personal matters me kabhi interfere nahi karunga lekin mai uske saamne uski family walo ki burai kar aaya.

He reprimanded himself for talking ill about Anupama's family but Devika stopped him before he could go on and on about it.

Devika:- Burai nahi karke aaya hai.....sach bolkar aaya hai....Aur bahut accha kiya jo tune bola.....dost use aaiyna nahi dikhayenge to kaun dikhayega?

She said, sobbing a little bit thinking how painful the confrontation might have been for both of her friends.

Anuj:- Nahi Devika.....mai dosti ki har line.....har limit cross karke aaya hoon....zaroorat aur haq se zada bolkar aaya hoo mai.

He argued and Devika chided him for unnecessarily going on a guilt trip.

Devika:- Aab bolne ke liye bhi kya khud ko kosega?.....Tune order nahi suggestion diya hai.....manna na manna uski marzi hai !!

She reminded him that he didn't force Anupama but just gave her a suggestion and it's up to her if she wants to take it or not while Anuj just wished for her happiness even if she doesn't follow up on his advice.

Anuj:- Mai bas chahta hoon ki Anupama khush rahe.....mujhe aur kuch nahi chahiye....aur kuch nahi !!

He prayed and Devika tried to ease his tension.

Devika:- Anuj.....sab theek ho jaayega....don't worry hn.

She said, hugging him from the side for a while and Anuj finally relaxed a bit in her embrace.

Devika noticed this and hence, she decided to ask him about the whereabouts of Anupama. She was really worried for her but after seeing Anuj in that condition, she first needed to calm him down before continuing her search for Anupama.

Devika:- Chal tu yeh sab chod aur mujhe bata ki Anu kaha hai?.....mujhe kahi mil nahi rahi.

She inquired, coming out of the hug and her words surprised Anuj.

He had thought that Anupama might have gone home along with her mother or Devika by now but Devika asking him about her whereabouts definitely meant that she hasn't yet.

Anuj:- Anu.....wo Anu.....upar....

He stood up instantly from the ground and was about to go with Devika to the floor where he had left Anupama but before he could, his eyes fell on a lady walking downstairs and a gasp escaped his lips at the sight of her.

Anuj:- Anu !!

He let out in a whisper and hearing this, Devika followed his gaze only to find Anupama walking towards the exit.

Devika:- Yeh kaha jaa rahi hai?

She questioned, wondering if Anupama was okay and Anuj was fast enough to reply to her.

Anuj:- Devika I think tujhe uske pass jaana chahiye.....she needs you.....use please akela mat chod.

He said, not wanting Anupama to be alone but Devika didn't want to go without him.

Devika:- Anuj use hum sab ki zaroorat hai.....please tu bhi chal !!

She asked him to join her but Anuj instantly refused, not ready to face her right now.

Anuj:- Devu.....please.....pata nahi wo is wakt mujhe dekh ke kaise react karegi.....isiliye please abhi ke liye tu jaa uske pass.

He reasoned but Devika still tried to convince him.

Devika:- Anuj...

She began but before she could go any further, Anuj stopped her in between.

Anuj:- Devika please.....mai theek hoon !!

He requested and though unwillingly, Devika agreed to it.

Devika:- Okay.

She said and went behind Anupama to talk to her while Anuj stood in a corner away from their eyes, watching them.

Devika:- Anu....

She called aloud, trying to catch up with Anupama's pace and Anupama turned around hearing her.

Devika:- Kaha jaa rahi hai tu?

She questioned as she walked up to Anupama but Anupama gave Devika a very casual reply.

Anu:- Bas ek kaam tha mujhe......karke tujhe seedha shaam ko ghar pe milti hoon.

She said in a straight tone and Devika was shocked by her words.

Devika:- Tera dimag kharab ho gaya hai.....abhi itna kuch hua aur tujhe lag raha hai ki mai tujhe aise kahi bhi jaane dungi.

She chided her, thinking she is again trying to hide her pain but Anupama didn't react to it.

Devika:- Chup chap ghar chal.....mujhe tujhse baat karni hai.

She further added, asking Anupama to come home with her but she refused for the moment.

Anu:- Devu mujhe pata hai ki tujhe meri fikar ho rahi hai....tujhe mujhse baat karni hai....lekin please....abhi nahi.....mai tujhe shaam ko ghar pe milti hoon.

She stated but Devika wasn't ready to listen.

Devika:- Anu.....mai puch nahi rahi......bata rahi hoon......abhi ke abhi ghar chal !!

She asserted and this time Anupama denied her strictly.

Anu:- Maine kaha na Devika.....aaj nahi !!

She stated in a firm tone and her demeanor finally made Devika realize that there was something else going on.

Usually after an incident like this, Anupama behaves as if nothing has happened or tries to shut herself down from everyone but this time she wasn't doing either.

There was a change in her demeanor, her eyes were red but there were no tears. She looked calm and composed which was very unlike her after a major incident like that and Devika noticed this.

Instead of lashing out at her or locking herself in a room away from everyone, Anupama was patiently explaining to Devika that she will see her at home after a while and hence for the very first time, Devika couldn't read her.

This change in Anupama, though positive, was still bothering Devika and therefore, she offered to accompany her.

Devika:- Theek hai fir mai bhi tere saath chalungi.

She said, still not wanting to leave her friend alone but Anupama tried to stop her.

Anu:- Devu.....ghar pe milte hai.....mai jaha jaa rahi hoo.....waha agar tu mere saath aayegi......to mai wo kabhi nahi kar paungi jo mai karna chahti hoon.

She reasoned and Devika, by now, had understood where Anupama might be going but she still had no clue as to why.

Devika:- Mujhe nahi farak padta Anu ki tu kaha jaa rahi hai.....maine kaha na mai tere saath chalungi......matalab chalungi.....baaki tujhe jo bhi karna hai.....tu kar.....mai usme interfere nahi karungi.

She insisted, knowing that right now Anupama would not tell her anything and she needs to go with her to find out while Anupama smiled at her stubbornness, knowing from the start how her friend is gonna react to her refusal.

Anu:- Ek shart pe.

She proposed a condition and Devika looked at her baffled.

Devika:- Kaisi shart?

She asked, perplexed and Anupama cleared up her confusion.

Anu:- Anuj ne jo Mr. Shah ko deal di thi.....tujhe uske baare me mujhe sab kuch batana padega.....sab kuch matalab sab kuch.

She said, putting forward her demand and Devika was about to refuse, fearing that coming to know about the deal, Anupama might try to distance herself from Anuj but Anuj, who was lurking around listening to the duo, gestured her to accept it.

Devika:- Theek hai.

She let out, looking at Anuj who was standing in a corner behind Anupama and Anupama gave a slight nod hearing this.

Anu:- Chal fir.

She asked Devika to come with her but Devika wanted to confirm where they were going before that.

Devika:- Lekin hum jaa kaha rahe hai?

She inquired, worried about what Anupama was going to do but Anupama wasn't ready to disclose too many details at the moment.

Anu:- Raaste me batati hoon.

She said as she turned around to leave and Devika followed her without thinking twice.

She wasn't sure where they were headed to but she for sure knew that she was not going to let her best friend alone on probably the most difficult road of her life.

Meanwhile, Anuj, who had been listening to the duo's conversation from afar, saw them leaving and followed them up to the gate.

He too was curious about the change he had noticed in Anupama in those two minutes. It looked like the Anupama who broke down an hour ago in front of him was gone somewhere and this new Anupama had taken her place.

There was a newfound courage in her eyes and conviction in her steps. Her voice was determined and she was clutching a white piece of cotton tightly in her hand while walking confidently towards her car along with Devika.

Anuj had noticed all of this and
from the looks of it, he had realized that there was something big coming for all of them from Anupama.

However, he just hoped that whatever it is Anupama is thinking of doing, it ends up giving her the peace and happiness she has always deserved.

Dhyan Rakhjo !!

He mumbled to his kanhaji as the duo drove away in their car.

That's it for this part.

Hope you liked it.❤️

Precap:-

Vanraj:- Kya chahiye tumhe?

He asked Anupama in fear.

Anu:- Mujhe kuch nahi chahiye Mr. Shah.....mujhe jo chahiye tha wo mere pass already hai.....Mai to aapko bas aakhiri baar yeh batana chahti thi ki apni harkato se baaz aa jaiye warna aapke pass aage kuch nahi bachega.

She spoke in a smug tone and Vanraj knew what she was playing with him.

Vanraj:- Anupama.....hum dono jaante hai ki agar tumhe kuch nahi chahiye hota to....tum yaha khade hoke mujhe dhamki nahi deti......isiliye yeh drama band karo aur batao ki tumhe mujhse kya chahiye ??

He inquired, trying to pull an upper hand on Anupama but Anupama knew that she has all the leverage today.

Anu:- Mr. Shah yeh jo aap nakhre, attitude aur akad dikha rahe hai na.....wo tab dikhaye jaate hai jab taash ke saare patte apne haath me ho.....tab nahi jab pura khel hi kisi aur ke haath me ho.

She retorted, reminding Vanraj of his situation and went on to show him his limits.

Anu:- Isiliye apni tone me se yeh attitude pehle hataiye aur fir thodi tameez se puchiye ki mujhe kya chahiye.....shayad mai aapko jawab de du.

She added in a warning and Vanraj couldn't control the burning rage in his veins anymore.

Vanraj:- ANUP....

He was about to shout out at her in anger but stopped in between understanding the situation.

Hence, he closed his eyes in an attempt to control his anger and changed his tone from accusing one to that of a pleading one.

Vanraj:- Anupama.....please batao tumhe kya chahiye?

He requested and Anupama smirked hearing this.

The next part will be coming next Wednesday.

Till then, please vote and share...and do leave your thoughts about the part in the comment section ❤️

Thank you ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 324 9
Sometimes being soulmates is not enough, there are many inner and outer battles one has to fight. Sometimes for ourselves, sometimes for the ones we...
265K 15.8K 81
It is rare that life gives you a second chance. Rarer still that you believe it to be true. Anupama Joshi certainly didn't. Life had not been kind to...
32.4K 1.5K 29
Hey friends !!!! This is my first fanfiction and the beautiful bond between anidita from barrister babu inspired me to write this. It is not same as...
1.6K 139 4
It's a story about Anuj n Anupama's college dating life and how they grow together in each step of their life with themselves and their family. 🫶