Thy Empress (Erwin Smith x FE...

By 3mooie

{Erwin Smith x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this story's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner... More

disclaimer
prologue
part i
part ii
part iii
part iv
part v
part vi
part vii
part viii
part ix
part x
part xi
part xii
part xiii
part xiv
part xv
part xvi
part xvii
part xviii
part xix
part xx
part xxi
part xxii
part xxiii
part xxiv
part xxv
part xxvi
part xxvii
part xxviii
part xxix
part xxx
part xxxi
part xxxii
part xxxiii
part xxxiv
part xxxv
part xxxvi
part xxxvii
part xxxviii
part xxxix
part xl
part xli
part xlii
part xliii
part xliv
part xlv
part xlvi
part xlvii (The Legend of Nadia)
part xlviii
part xlix
part l
part li
part lii
part liii
part liv
part lv
part lvi
part lvii
part lviii
part lix
part lx
part lxi
part lxii
part lxiii
part lxiv
part lxv
part lxvi
part lxviii
part lxix
part lxx
part lxxi
part lxxii
epilogue

part lxvii

1.1K 58 16
By 3mooie

Word Count - 4,312 words

Y/n stormed inside Evan's room, panting from rushing to get to the crown prince's bed chambers. The emperor followed behind her. Both of them rush towards Evan who is sick and asleep on his bed.

The empress sat down beside Evan, eyes widening as she saw many red spots on the crown prince's face, arms and even on his legs. "What happened to his highness?!"

Y/n asked loudly.

Her tone was a furious one, causing Evan's attendants to suddenly feel terrified.

"Y-your majesty...his highness was just fine earlier...b-but then he started feeling ill by sunset...and those red spots on his body started appearing...w-we d-don't know why and how his highness ended up like this."

The h/c-haired woman shut her eyes, taking a deep breath. Since hearing that the crown prince fell ill, she wasn't able to think clearly anymore. And now, she's starting to blame the crown prince's servants for the crown prince's sudden illness. "Empress."

Y/n looked at Erwin when her husband called her. The emperor held her arm and gently squeezed it. "Breath. You have to calm down. Evan will be all right soon."

Erwin looked at his son's attendants.

"Did you already summon Dr. Grisha?"

"Yes, your majesty."

"Good. Leave us first."

"Yes, your majesty."

The room became dead silent when the people left, leaving Y/n and Erwin with Evan. Erwin looked at his wife who was only staring at his son, looking worried.

"Y/n..."

His wife looked at him, eyes now glossy.

"I apologize, your majesty...I brought the crown prince here hoping he would be able to unwind...but now...he's terribly sick..."

Erwin's eyes softened. He kneeled on one knee, and held Y/n's hand, while the other cupped his wife's cheek. "It's not your fault. Don't apologize for something you didn't do. Now, stop crying...our son will be all right."

Y/n nodded, shutting her eyes and letting herself shed more tears. She looked at the crown prince, gently caressing his hands.

"Nngh..."

The two adults were taken aback upon hearing Evan whimpering. Y/n shifted in her seat. "Y-your highness...we're here..."

Evan slowly opened his eyes.

They're glossy and just looking weak. Small tears streamed down to the sides of his face as he stared at the empress and emperor.

"M-mother...f...father..."

"Yes, Evan. How do you feel?" Erwin asked.

The crown prince shut his eyes, hissing as he tried to move. "I-it's u-uncomfortable..."

Y/n felt even more scared. She looked at Erwin. "Your majesty...what should we do? Why isn't Dr. Grisha here yet? The crown-"

"Love...please calm down."

The emperor kept his hold on his wife's hand, gently squeezing it to give her at least a little comfort. "He will be here soon."

Y/n gulped as she nodded. Instead of throwing more tantrums, she just focused on Evan, asking him if he needs anything and if he feels other than uncomfortable.

Evan fell asleep again 20 minutes after he woke up. The crown prince just feels so weak and exhausted, that all he can do is sleep, and talk less than he usually does.

While waiting for Dr. Grisha, the empress managed to calm herself down, also thanks to her husband's presence.

In a while, Dr. Grisha arrived and started examining the crown prince alone.

The emperor and empress were requested to wait outside since it would be inconvenient for them to be with Evan while Grisha does his examination on the crown prince.

Erwin looked at his wife. Y/n is standing beside him, leaning back on a wall, arms crossed over her chest, and staring down.

She's been quiet since Evan fell asleep.

"My love..."

His wife looked at him upon his call for her. He couldn't help but feel upset at how scared Y/n looks. Erwin didn't say anything and just pulled Y/n in a comforting hug.

The emperor placed a hand on the back of her wife's head, letting her lean on his chest. Y/n wrapped her arms around his waist, and began to silently cry in his hold.

He knows why Y/n is so scared.

His wife's father, the former king of Marley, before King Willy, died from an illness, and Y/n was there when the former Marleyan king fell ill, until he reached his last breath.

It traumatized the h/c-haired woman, seeing her loved one fall ill and slowly die.

"Evan is a strong boy, my love. Whatever sickness he has, he'll be able to fight it. So we have to stay strong from him, too..."

Erwin then remained silent. He knows his words are not enough to comfort his wife, but he hopes it will still help her, as well as his embrace of her. "He will be fine soon."

Others may think that he's too calm with this situation, when his son is actually ill, but if he shows his fear, worry, panic and concern, and if he also starts overthinking...

Then who would move and think rightly between him and his wife who's already not able to calm herself down?

He has to stay strong for them.

"I'm...scared, Erwin."

Y/n didn't move an inch, she just held Erwin, and kept leaning on his chest.

"I know...and I'm here...you don't need to be scared alone..I'll be here with you."

The two were interrupted when the door to Evan's room opened. Dr. Grisha went out, and bowed his head to them.

"How is the crown prince?" Y/n immediately asked.

Grisha let out a small sigh. He looked at the empress and emperor, flashing them a small smile. "Please rest assured, your majesties. His highness is not gravely ill."

Y/n's eyes widened. "What...t-then..."

"The red spots on his skin are called chickenpox. It's not something that would put the crown prince in danger. But yes, it is highly contagious. Usually, it lasts 4-7 days. But to be fully healed, we have to wait for 2-3 weeks to make sure that it won't spread to others."

The empress almost fell on her knees, but her husband was able to hold her. Y/n placed a hand on her chest, closing her eyes and mumbling "thank you" to their saints.

"For now, I have given his highness a herbal medicine that will help with his fever. The rash on his skin might feel uncomfortable, it is very itchy, too. So I'm going to make a herbal bath for him that can help in lessening the itchiness of his rashes. I'll also prepare the cream he can use to avoid getting a scar after he heals. And of course, some other medicines that will help him be healthy even if he is ill."

Dr. Grisha went on with more explanations about Evan's sickness to the empress and emperor. After, he left to prepare the medicines that the crown prince needs.

Y/n and Erwin went back inside Evan's room.

"Now I remember...I had this illness, too."

Y/n said as she sat down beside Evan, and gently brushed the crown prince's hair.

The empress smiled a bit, yet worry and concern is still evident in her face.

"My father brought every doctor in Marley to the palace just to have me healed...he didn't know what my illness was and thought it was deadly. He only calmed down after my mother told him that she had it too when she was young and that I'll eventually be better in a few weeks..."

Y/n wiped the tears on her cheeks.

"I think my father possessed me today."

She let out a chuckle, laughing at her own joke. The h/c-haired woman looks at her husband, giving him apologetic eyes.

"You reminded me of my mother. Seeing you so calm and hearing your reassuring words. Thank you so much, your majesty."

Erwin smiled at her. The emperor held her face, and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"It's because I can't stand seeing you miserable, my love. I'll always comfort you, no matter how hard things get for us."

--

Evan slowly opened his eyes, his hearing was faint but he was able to hear the birds outside the window singing. His brows furrowed when the sun dazzled his vision, causing him to close his eyes again.

"You're awake?"

The boy opened his eyes, this time his vision was clear as well as his hearing.

He was taken aback upon seeing his father, seated on a chair at his right, holding a book and reading it.

"F-father..."

Evan leaned both of his hands onto his sides, slowly getting up. His father put his book down, and placed it on the table beside his bed.

The emperor helped him sit down.

"W-what are you doing here, your majesty?" Evan asked, surprised that his father knows where he is. But then he realized that Erwin was bound to find out anyway, especially since he is sick.

"Well, my son is sick, it's only right for me to be here." Erwin said.

The emperor sat on his bed, just beside him. He stared at him, making him feel awkward. "Your breakfast will be arriving in a while. You have to eat since you'll drink your medicine. Then later on, you will take a bath to prevent your rashes from being more itchy than they already are."

Evan didn't say anything and just stared at his father. Instead of thinking of his father's words just now, he is thinking if his father already knows about what he wants to do.

Of course he already knows...the empress must've told him already.

"W-where is her majesty anyway?"

"There." His father pointed at the sofa at the side. Evan was in disbelief upon seeing the empress sleeping peacefully on the sofa.

"What...why is she...father! The empress isn't supposed to sleep on a sofa-"

"Shhh...your mother is sleeping."

The boy shut his mouth, realizing his tone became loud. He muttered an apology then stared at the empress with a pout on his lips.

"She stayed up late just to watch over you, and refused to leave your room. That is why I had no choice but to let her sleep on the sofa. Let's let her sleep for now, hm?"

Evan nodded, now feeling guilty.

The crown prince looked away from his father, gulping from awkwardness.

Why isn't he saying anything about me...?
Evan thought.

Somehow it makes him uncomfortable. He would rather have his father confront him about his decision of stepping down from his position, than his father pretending to not know anything and just act oblivious.

Ugh..can I just fall asleep again?

"Evan, what do you want to do after you leave your position?"

The boy was taken aback, hearing his father's question. He looked at his father.

"What...?"

Erwin smiled at him. "Like something you want to do? When you're not the crown prince anymore..." The emperor said.

Evan wasn't able to answer. He just stared at the emperor with side eyes, and mouth in agape. Why...isn't he supposed to be mad?

"I..." The emperor looked down, smiling bitterly after letting out a deep sigh.

"I appointed you as the crown prince when you were just 2 years old because of the issue with my heir when the empress first came to our empire. They used your mother to put pressure on both me and the empress, saying that what would become of your mother if none of my twins became my heir/heiress...so I came to a decision of appointing you as my heir, and the empress was okay with it. To avoid any more chaos."

Erwin closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"I realized...that I gave you such a heavy responsibility without even asking if you are willing to take it. I didn't consider what you would think...I just did it because I had to. So I understand...why now you are asking if you can leave your position..."

The blond man looked at his son, his eyes softened even more as he saw the tears welling up on his son's eyes.

"I'm sorry, son...for not thinking about your feelings...for putting you in a tight spot, and for every mistake I have done and for all the shortcomings I have as your father..."

Y/n slowly opened her eyes, smiling as soon as she saw Evan and Erwin hugging each other. She closed her eyes, deciding to just go back to sleep and let the father and son talk.

"I understand, father...I'm sorry, too...if I am not able to fulfill my duties...If I can't be what you need..." Evan looked down, tearing up. He clenched his fists, gripping on his sheets. He's frustrated about crying.

He doesn't really like crying in front of his father.

"No...you don't have to apologize for that. I'm just glad...that you are able to think for yourself and what you want to do, Evan..."

Erwin placed a hand on top of his son's head, ruffling his soft, ginger hair.

"A real man knows what he wants, Evan."

The boy looked at his father, smiling.

"Thank you, dad."

--

After three weeks, Evan finally healed from his sickness and was finally able to go home.

Dr. Grisha was able to formulate a children's vaccine that could prevent chickenpox, measles and even tetanus.

He was permitted by the emperor and empress to administer his vaccine to the first princess and young princess, and as well as to the noble children and even to the children commoners aged from 9-16.

"Evan! Look at the sword father got for me!"

Evan was taken aback when Eleanor swung her sword towards him, making him step back and glare at his twin sister.

"Stop wielding your sword so suddenly, Eleanor! What if you suddenly cut someone with that?!"

Eleanor laughed. "You coward!"

The prince groaned in annoyance. He rolled his eyes and just focused on the scenery he's sketching on his sketchpad.

"Brother! Sister!"

The twins were both interrupted from their own thing when they heard Elizabeth's voice. Both of them dropped what they were doing and welcomed Elizabeth who is running towards them with her little legs.

"Elizabeth!"

"Pretty Lizzie!"

Elizabeth giggled as her brother picked her up and twirled her around. Her red dress danced along with the wind, and her hat got blown by the wind.

Luckily, Lady Historia was there to catch it.

"Lizzie! Do you want to see my sword?!" Eleanor asked his sister so happily, earning a glare from Evan.

"Eleanor! Weapons shouldn't be near children!"

"I'm just gonna show her, dumbass!"

"Don't say bad words in front of Lizzie!"

Elizabeth laughed when her older siblings began bickering. They only stopped when she wriggled out of her brother's hold.

"Look at this!" The young girl showed her small tiara to her siblings, making Eleanor and Evan gasped.

"Elizabeth! You shouldn't take that out!" Evan said.

"It's okway!"

The young princess giggled and wore her tiara, but it wasn't proper and leaning to the side making her siblings laugh.

"Wait a second, Lizzie. Let me fix it for you."

Eleanor kneeled down in front of Elizabeth, then started fixing her tiara. "There!!"

Eleanor and Evan chuckled as they bowed at Elizabeth. "Your highness."

The young princess smiled widely.

"I want father's crown, too! I wanna be like him!"

The twins were both taken aback. They looked at each other, speechless, then looked at Elizabeth with surprise.

"Lizzie...you want to become an empress?"

Elizabeth just nodded, then began running, chasing after the butterfly she just saw.

The twins were still left speechless, even Historia.

"Evan, it seems...someone is already fit to inherit the emperor's throne."

"Y-yeah..."

--

The news of Evan stepping down from his position really did cause noise all around the empire, especially among the council and members of the imperial government.

"Your majesty...! This decision is too..."

Minister Nick expressed his disappointment with the emperor's announcement about appointing the empress as a regent while there's still no one to sit on the position of his heir.

"Pardon me, your majesty...but the title of empress regent is only given when the emperor is dead and the heir to the throne is still not legible to take over. You can't just give it to the empress because there are no heirs...it is unacceptable, your majesty!"

The ones who disagree the most are the people of the Church of the walls. As well as some members from the Right Faction, including Duchess Ackerman.

It's just that, they don't see what's the sense of appointing Y/n as the empress regent when they can appoint princess Eleanor or princess Elizabeth as the crown princess.

"Your majesty, why can't you just appoint one of the princesses to take over the position of his highness?" Kuchel asked.

Erwin remained stoic despite the shock and questions that had been thrown at him for what he had decided.

"Princess Eleanor will enter the knight academy after next year, she wishes to become a knight."

Everyone was again surprised.

"And as for my youngest daughter, she is still too young to be appointed as the crown princess, if anything...I want to ask her first if she wants to become my heiress."

No one was able to say anything, all of them couldn't believe the emperor's second reason for princess Elizabeth.

"B-but your majesty..." Minister Nick spoke.

As he was about to continue, the door opened, interrupting him.

Everyone bowed as the empress walked in.

The h/c-haired woman met Minister Nick's eyes. She gave him a cold stare. She was never fond of the Minister, not even with his religious organization.

The Church of the Walls has always been on the side of the Reiss family.

"Your majesty, I apologize for just barging in here. But I thought I need to be here to explain the current issue we're having."

The empress bowed at the emperor, standing at the center of the way, facing the emperor, who is sitting on his throne.

"No problem at all, Empress. But you should've given us a heads up with your arrival."

"I apologize, your majesty."

Sir Levi noticed how the emperor's eyes changed. Just earlier, Erwin was looking all bored and annoyed, but now his eyes are showing signs of joy and excitement.

Being in love...is scary.

Levi felt a shiver down his spine. The thought of love just disgusts him and he doesn't even know why.

"Your majesty...this place isn't something you can just barge into whenever you want." Minister Nick spoke.

Y/n raised a brow as she looked at the minister.

Erwin kept quiet. He knows when to speak or not for his wife. This time even if he wants to speak up, he knows Y/n won't like it and would rather speak for herself.

"You may be the empress, but this place is intended for the emperor and his subjects, your majesty." Minister Nick added.

The Left Faction members all gave the minister their glares and dirty look, they are mad at the minister for speaking so rudely towards the empress.

"I know that, minister Nick. But you know what?" Y/n responded to the minister. She flashed the minister a small smile. "I really don't care about what you say. Not unless you have something useful to say to me."

Erwin suddenly coughed, causing everyone to look at him. He covered his mouth with his fist. "S-sorry..." Sir Levi clicked his tongue. The emperor almosy laughed and just covered it up by faking a cough.

Who won't laugh anyway?

The empress just called the minister's words useless somehow indirectly but also directly.

Minister Nick frowned, not knowing what to say. In the end, he just stayed silent and glared at the empress who kept her cold stare at him.

"I came here to explain myself as to why the emperor had come up to this decision."

The empress tore her eyes away from the minister and looked at the emperor who smirked at her. She almost rolled her eyes upon seeing her husband look at his knight and mouthed "That's my girl."

"I'm sure the emperor already said the reason as to why he can't have the first princess and the young princess to take over the position of his inheritor. Those reasons...may not be valid for you, especially with the reasons for my daughter. But for us...it's enough reasons as to why I can't have our youngest take over the position of the emperor's heir."

Y/n kept her head held high. She believes she has the right to speak up, after all it's her children who they are talking about.

And she is the empress of the Eldian empire, she still has the right to take part in this issue.

"Princess Eleanor already has her goals. She wants to become a knight and serve the empire in the future. Prince Evan has his own goals, too. Though his goals are more personal. But he did swear that he will serve the empire in the future as a royal prince. And...Princess Elizabeth, she is the last one in the options, but as her mother, I refuse to appoint her as the crown princess at her age."

The empress looked at everyone.

"Almost all of you here have families...so I would like to ask...as a parent, would you put a heavy responsibility on a little girl?"

No one was able to answer.

"Some of you may say yes because it is needed and important to have heirs for what you own, and some of you may say no because you think the same as me."

Y/n looked at minister Nick.

"Who should sacrifice something? The child or the parent? The kid or the adult?"

Minister Nick clenched his fists.

"I understand your concerns, empress. But what about the realistic side of this issue? What are you going to do with the unstable state of the imperial throne without an heir?"

The h/c-haired woman sighed. "That is why the emperor will appoint me as the empress regent, minister Nick. So I can rule over when he isn't around, and if there is still no rightful inheritor to his throne."

"Hah! Ridiculous! The title empress regent is only given to capable women!" Minister Nick boldly said.

"Minister Nick!" Duchess Dina yelled at the minister. "Are you calling the empress not capable?!" The blond woman exclaimed.

Minister Nick gave Y/n a dirty look. "Well...her majesty caused chaos four years ago...do you still consider her capable after what happened? The empire almost fell to another dark age, we went to war and lost some allies...and..." The minister's face turned into disgust as he stared at Y/n.

"She even got married to a stranger."

"The empress lost her memory, minister Nick." Duchess Kuchel butted in.

"She didn't get married to another man just because she wanted to. She lived as a different person. And the chaos four years ago wasn't even her fault. So why are you bringing this all up just to say she is incapable?"

Kuchel raised a brow at the minister, smirking at him.

"In fact, her majesty has done more things for our empire even before she became an empress...unlike you who have been serving the empire since emperor Fritz's ruling."

Minister Nick clenched his jaw. He glared at the two women who have spoken for the empress.

"I wonder..." Y/n spoke.

She looked at the emperor, and the emperor was also looking at her already.

The two kept their eyes on each other.

"If your objection to my appointment as the empress regent is really because you think I am incapable, or because...you don't want me to find out your dirty schemes..."

The empress then looked at minister Nick. She was able to catch a glimpse of Erwin looking so proud as she spoke.

"...minister Nick?"

The minister froze in his place, left speechless.

Y/n tore her eyes away from minister Nick, then looked back at the emperor. "It seems I am not needed here anymore, your majesty. I am done with what I have to say. Thank you for letting me speak up. I shall take my leave now." The empress bowed at the emperor, then turned her back on him.

Erwin watched as his wife confidently made her way to leave.

The door made a loud shutting sound as it closed and now the empress is gone.

"Your majesty. I have decided..." Duchess Kuchel spoke, and so Erwin looked at her.

Kuchel smiled. "I support the appointment of the title empress regent to the empress."

"I support it, too, your majesty." Dr. Grisha spoke.

And soon, the members of the right faction followed after the two. Duchess Dina and the left faction also gave their approval.

"That leaves...the Church of the Walls..." Erwin said. Everyone except the people of the Church of the Walls had declared their support to Y/n being an empress regent.

The emperor looked at minister Nick, giving him a cold stare for being rude to his wife. "Do you still object, minister Nick?"

Minister Nick looked down, shutting his eyes.

"We...support it, your majesty."

Erwin smiled behind his hand.

"Then it's final. Empress Y/n Tybur Smith will be appointed as an empress regent tomorrow...the same day that we will have our vow renewal."
______________________________________

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 2.5K 32
Arms Tonite. 🌋 ❛ Don't you think it's kinda cute that I try to escape the afterlife? ❜ ❨ Eren Jaeger x Fem!OC Attack on Titan...
16.7K 637 21
Sequel to I Wanna Be Yours The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner. {Jean Kirstein x Fem! Reader} Disclaime...
7.9K 393 20
Erwin Smith & Y/N grew up down the street from each other in Wall Rose. You enjoyed his company as children, far more than you cared to admit, but he...
8.7K 701 16
| synopsis | - 𝘝𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴!𝘈𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘯 𝘹 𝘧𝘦𝘮!𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 - Definitely, opening your eyes like a titan in the world of Shinge...