Khizaan

By Ufaq_I

#3 in India (10/10/23) ••• "Listen to me, Do not expect anything from me or this marriage. I only married yo... More

𝐾𝒉𝑖𝑧𝑎𝑎𝑛
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Important Note (do not skip)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Note

Chapter 9

6.4K 385 112
By Ufaq_I

Today was Hayder and Hyra's walima. Wearing a beautiful light blue lehenga, Hyra was looking even more beautiful than she looked yesterday, but she wasn't happy anymore from inside. Everyone praises the couple, who looked perfect together. But Hyra only feels suffocated sitting beside Hayder. This was the man who rejected her last night. No matter what, she couldn't bring herself to fake a smile, she just bowed her head down, which everyone mistook as her shyness.

•••

"Idhar aao meri photo lena zara." Uswa dragged Sami by his hand and took him to where lighting was perfect.

(Come here, take my pictures.)

"Arey yaar, main nahi le raha, main busy hoon." Sami tries to free himself from her.

(I am not clicking your pictures, I am busy.)

"Kya Badtameezi, Sami? Sharafat se lo meri photos." Giving him her phone, Uswa scolded him and went to pose for a picture.

(Don't talk to me like that, Sami. Click my pictures.)

Unwillingly, Sami opened camera, "Lekin photo achhi nahi ayi toh problem tumhara face hoga meri skills nahi."

(But if you won't like the pictures then it will be your face fault.)

"Photo achhi nahi ayi toh tumhara munh hoga aur mera hath hoga." Threatening him, she fixed her dupatta and then smiled at the camera.

(If you won't click good pictures then I will slap you.)

Sami clicked few of her pictures until Rafey came there. "Yeh camera ka angle low rakho thora." Standing behind Sami, he told him, as he fixes the phone's angle.

(Keep the angle low.)

"Rafey bhai, aap hi click kar dein, Please, yeh mera dimagh kha rahi hai." Pushing the phone in Rafey's hand, Sami told him and ran away from there.

(Rafey bhai, please click her pictures, she is irritating me.)

"Sami..." Uswa keep shouting for him, but the traitor didn't even look at her.

"Chalo main tumhari photo click kar deta hoon." Telling her this, he pocketed her phone and took his own out to click her pictures.

(I will click your pictures.)

"Nahi, theek hai. Mujhe photo nahi click karwani." Uswa quickly shook her head, and the left from there.

(No, it's okay. I don't wanna click anymore pictures.)

Rafey stood there with wide eyes, looking at her. He isn't able to understand why she behaved so cold. Just now she was fine, and here she is distancing herself.

He decided to follow after her.

Uswa was sitting with Zara and Kubra, and when Rafey came there, Kubra nudged Zara and they both left, leaving Uswa alone with Rafey.

"Kya masla hai? Durr hoke baithiye." Uswa keep scoot away from him on the sofa, and Rafey covered all the distant betweent them, when she was on the corner, and there was no space for her to move, she scoffed at him.

(What's the matter with you? Sit far away from me.)

"Meri marzi main chahe jaha baithu."

(I will sit wherever I want to.)

"Aye meri goud mein baith jaye aap." Irritatedly, she told him, pointing at her lap.

(Why don't just sit on my lap then.)

"Uswa, main tumhari goud mein nahi baith sakta." His eyes widened in amusement. "Tumhare pair toot sakte hain. Haan agar tum chaho toh tum..." Uswa didn't let him complete his sentence as she put her hand on his lip.

(Uswa, I can not sit on your lap.)

(It can break your legs, yes, if you want you can sit...)

"Rafey, aap kitne chichore hain." Disbelief was written on her face.

Rafey's eyes traveled to her hand, which made her realise what she is doing, she quickly took her hand down. This made Rafey chuckle. Without meeting his eyes, she ran away from there.

•••

"Yeh itna kya chipak raha hai..." Zara commented on how Rafey came where they were sitting.

(Why he is being so clingy...)

"Uswa ke liye aya tha woh." Kubra told her.

(He came there for Uswa.)

"Haan toh ussi ke liye keh rahi hoon, itna kya free hona bhai theek hai tumhari finacee hai par zara koi ehtram karlo mehfil ka." Zara continued talking.

(I know, but he should consider the fact we are in a function.)

"Achha chorho na, hume kya." Kubra didn't like how she was talking and Irritatedly told her.

(Let it be, why are we talking about him.)

"Haan, hume kya... ek minute." Zara shrugged her shoulder and said when her eyes fall on a person. "Tumne toh kaha tha tumne number exchange nahi kiye." She turned to Kubra and asked.

(Yeah, let it be... one minute.)

(You told me that you didn't exchange numbers.)

This made Kubra stopped walking. "Kissey?"

(With whom?)

"Sarim se."

(With Sarim.)

"Woh kaha se agaya?" This made Kubra more confused why is Zara talking about Sarim now.

(Where did he come from?)

"Wahi toh mujhe janna hai woh kaha se aya." Zara points at the entrance from where Sarim Randhawa just entered.

(That's what I wanna know where did he come from?)

"Yeh? Main nahi janti, maine nahi bulaya." Kubra's eyes widened as she again looked at Zara and explained. "Tum khud socho mera itna dimagh kharab hoga issey bulaungi? Janti hona Hayder bhai kaise hain. Unke samne thori bulaungi issey." She was telling Zara, but when she saw Zara didn't believe her, she hissed.

(He? I don't know, I didn't invite him.)
(Do you think I am crazy that I will invite him here? You know how Hayder bhai is. I can not invite him here.)

"Haan, waise itna dimagh toh nahi kharab hai tumhara. Toh fir yeh yaha kaise aya? Tumhe stalk toh nahi kar raha?"

(You are indeed not that crazy. Then what he is doing here? Is he stalking you?)

"Mujhe stalk kyu karega?" They were talking in hushed whisper, without noticing that Sarim just walked by them, he didn't notice them either.

(Why would he stalk me?)

"Yeh Shahzaib ke paas ja raha hai?" Zara saw him, then told to Kubra.

(He is going to Shahzaib?)

Kubra also looked at the way where Zara was pointing, indeed Sarim was now shaking hand with Shahzaib.

"Shahzaib tumhare sath toh school mein the nahi, yeh Shahzaib ko kaise janta hai fir?" Zara asked.

(Shahzaib didn't study in your school, how does he know Shahzaib?)

All Kubra could do was shrug her shoulders.

"Chalo mere sath." Taking Kubra's hand, Zara started moving to where Shahzaib was.

(Come with me.)

"Zara, pagal ho kya..." Kubra warned her, but Zara didn't listen.

(Zara, are you stupid...)

"Shahzaib, tumhe mamu dhoond rahe hain." Going to Shahzaib, Zara made an excuse.

(Shahzain, Mamu is looking for you.)

Sarim, who was talking to Shahzaib, was surprised to see Kubra there.

"Ibtisham uncle?" Shahzaib asked.

"Asim mamu."

"Oh achha, main ata hoon.. oh by the way, yeh meri behen hai Kubra, aur yeh meri cousin Zara." Shahzaib turned to Sarim to excuse himself, but when found Sarim looking at the girls, he introduced them.

(Okay, I will just come... oh by the way, this is my sister Kubra, and that is my cousin Zara.)

Sarim, understanding the hidden warning in Shahzaib's voice, quickly removed his eyes off from Kubra.

"Chalo!" Shahzaib looked at the girls, and said.

(Let's go.)

Zara and Kubra followed after him. Behind him, Kubra glare at Zara, asking what was she thinking, but Zara only waved her hand.

"Waise yeh kon tha? Apka dost toh nahi lag raha tha." Walking beside Shahzaib, Zara asked.

(Who was he? He didn't look like your friend.)

Shahzaib turned to answer her, but when found her walking by his side, his eyes got stuck on her face.

"Woh..." Shahzaib looked away, trying to control his fluttering heart.

(He...)

"Woh abhi humne new deal sign ki haina Randhawas ke sath, ussi ke ex chairman ka beta hai Sarim, achhi dosti ho gayi hai humari toh maine invite kar liya." He explained.

(We just signed a deal with Randhawas, he is the son of their Ex chairman, Sarim. We become good friends so I invited him.)

"Ex chairman?" Zara, who was unaware of this fact, asked. But Shahzaib didn't listen to her, as he saw Asim, he went to him.

"Unke papa ki death ho gayi hai. Shayad ab chairman uske chachu honge, bataya tha unhone ki apne chachu aur cousin ke sath business kar raha hai..." Kubra told her, but only to regret it when saw Zara's eyes rounded with amusement.

(His father is dead. Maybe his uncle is now the chairman, he told me that he joined the business alongside his uncle and cousin...)

"Ek hi mulaqat mein sab bata diya usne tumhe?" Teasingly, Zara asked, crossing her arms.

(He told you everything in one meeting?)

"Tum... impossible ho." Kubra had no words for Zara.

(You... are impossible.)

"Zara!" Minal came there, looking anxious.

"Bade bhaiyya aye hain, chalo unse salam karlo." She informed her.

(Elder brother is here, go and greet him.)

It instantly made Zara groaned. "Arahi hoon." Sulking, she said. Minal left her.

(Coming.)

"Kya hua? Tumhare taya hain, aise react na karo." Kubra tch at her behaviour.

(What happened? He is your uncle, don't react like this.)

"Toh kya phool barsau unke aney pe." Covering her head with her dupatta, Zara Sarcastically said.

"Tum waise toh nahi leti na dupatta, apne taya ke samne kyu leti ho?" They started walking toward where Jamshed was, while discussing Zara's family.

(You don't usually cover your head, why do you have to cover your head in front of your uncle?)

"Tum toh janti ho meri family kaisi hai, backward soch. Papa ne kabhi mujhe force nahi kiya chadar lene se, but Taya abbu... chorho, unke hisab se toh larkiyan char deewar mein paida ho aur wahi marr jaye." Zara's face darkened in the mention of her extended family.

(You know how my family is, backward thinking. Papa never forced me to cover my head, but taya abbu... let it be. According to him, girls should be born in four walls and they should just die there.)

"Fuppa wakai bohot mukhtalif hai apni family." Kubra nods her head. Where Burhan is loving and caring, other male members of the family are dominating.

(Fuppa is very different from his family.)

"Alhamdulillah! Yeh unka support hai main parh le rahi hoon, warna tum toh janti ho meri sari cousins ki shadi 12th complete hone ke baad hi ho gayi, unki marzi ke begair."

(Because of his support, I am able to study. Otherwise in my family, they marry their daughters off after their 12th.)

"Waise Taya abbu tumhare sage toh nahi haina?"

(He isn't your real uncle?)

"Nahi! Papa ke cousin hain, taya abbu bohot chote the jab unke parents ki death ho gayi thi, dada jaan ne unhe apna beta kaha hi nahi balki mana bhi hai, sage bete se bhi zyada mohabbat thi dada jaan ko taya abbu se, isliye papa ya chote papa log bhi unki itni izzat karte hain. Unki koi baat radd nahi karte."

(No! He is papa's cousin, he was very little when his parents passed away, my grandfather adopted him. Uncle was more dear to grandfather than his own sons. That's why papa and chote papa respect him so much. They do not refuse him for anything.)

They reached where Jamshed was sitting, with him were his two sons - Faiq and Talha

"Assalam-Alaikum, taya abbu." Bowing her head down to take his blessing, Zara greeted him.

"Walekum-Assalam!" Jamshed put his hand on her head,

"Assalam-Alaikum!" Kubra stood where she was, and greeted him.

"Walekum-Assalam!" Jamshed looked at her head which was dupatta free, and frowned.

•••

Tiredly, Hyra removed the earrings. She was sleepy, if she could, she would have fallen asleep in her lehenga, but Hayder has already scolded her this morning for creating a mess into the room when she was getting ready, now, she wants no more scolding from him, and thought of changing her attire and putting all her jewelleries into the box.

She didn't realise when Hayder entered the room, she was busy in sorting out her jewellery.

Hayder sat on the bed and started taking his shoes off, all the time, his eyes was stuck on her reflection in the mirror.

She has cleaned her face, without make up and open hair, she looked more enchanting. Hayder couldn't remove his eyes from her.

Hyra didn't feel the intensity of his eyes, she was busy. A loud yawn left her mouth, which she covered with her palm and looked into the mirror, catching his eyes on her made her startled. She turned back to look at him.

Their gaze got locked with each other, both didn't say anything, neither break the eye contact.

Hayder's cell phone started ringing, breaking the (magic) between them.

Clearing his throat, Hayder looked away, taking his phone he left the room.

Hyra kept looking at the closed door expectedly, for a moment, she thought he wanted to talk to her, genuinely. Not scolding her.

•••

Next day, Hyra went downstairs to meet everyone.

"Tum khush ho na?" She was with Arzoo in her room, when Arzoo asked her.

(Are you happy?)

Hyra was laying with her head in Arzoo's lap.

"Hmm!" Hyra didn't know what to reply.

"Kya hua, Hyra? Tumhare chehre pe nayi dulhan wali khushi ya sharm nahi dikh rahi mujhe." Arzoo was caressing her hair.

(What happened, Hyra? You don't look happy or shy like new brides look.)

"Kaisi khushi, mamma. Zabardasti ki toh shadi hai." Hyra mumbles.

(How I am supposed to be happy in this forced marriage?)

"Kisi ne tumse kuch kaha?"

(Did someone say anything to you?)

"Hayder ne yeh shadi sirf Baba ke liye ki." Sitting up, Hyra told her.

(Hayder married me because of baba.)

"Yeh toh tumhe bhi maloom hai tumhari love marriage nahi hai. Circumstances aise ban gaye the..." Softly, Arzoo held her cheek, and tried to calm her.

(You already know your marriage isn't a love one. Because of circumstances...)

"Circumstances sirf unke liye toh aise nahi haina. Mere sath bhi toh zabardasti hui hai. Main toh shadi ka soch bhi nahi rahi thi, meri toh abhi parhai bhi complete nahi hui... shadi nahi karni thi mujhe. Lekin fir bhi iss rishte ko dil se qubool kiya maine."

(He wasn't the only one forced into this relationship. I was forced too. I wasn't even thinking of marriage, I am still studying... I didn't want to marry yet. But still, I accepted this marriage with all my heart.)

"Hyra, na-shukri mat bano. Yeh mat bhoolo jab pura khandan tumhare character ke barey mein baat kar raha tha toh Hayder ne tumse shadi karke apni izzat banayi hai. Uska ehsan hai..."

(Don't be ungrateful. Don't forget when everyone were talking bad about your character, Hayder married you and gave your respect. You are under his debt that he...)

"Kaisa ehsan? Maine koi gunah nahi kiya tha, aap bhi janti hain logo ne bas choti se baat ka tamasha banaya. Aur theek hai, agar main badnaam ho bhi rahi thi toh uske barabar ke hissedar hain Hayder, badnaam main unhi ke naam se hui hoon, mujhse shadi karke koi ehsan nahi kiya unhone." Arzoo talking in the favour of Hayder made Hyra angry, Arzoo is her mother, she was supposed to understand her feelings, she is not supposed to defend Hayder's action.

(What debt? I haven't done anything wrong, and you know that people made big deal out of nothing. And even if my character was questioned, he was equally at fault too. He didn't do any favour to me.)

"Hyra, awaz niche karo." Sharply, Arzoo told her to keep her voice down.

(Hyra, keep your voice down.)

"Yeh sab baatein tum kaha se seekh rahi ho. Khabardar jo Hayder ke samne aisi baatein ki. Gusse ka tezz hai tumhari baat ka bura mana liya toh..."

(Who is teaching you these kinds of thing. Don't you dare to talk like that in front of Hayder. You know he has anger issue if he gets offend by your words then...)

"Toh? Kya kar lenge?"

(Then? What can he do?)

"Hyra, jis bhi halat mein tumhari shadi hui hai, tumhe iss rishte ko nibhana hoga. Hayder agar tumse badguman hain toh tum mana lo, biwi ho uski, kab tak ignore karega tumhe."

(Hyra, you have to make this marriage work, no matter in what situation you got married. You are his wife, he can not ignore you for long.)

"Main kyu?" Tiredly, Hyra asked. She didn't want to do anything, she doesn't  even know what she is supposed to do. She gets scared by just looking at Hayder's face.

(Why me?)

Before Arzoo could say anything, Uswa came there.

"Mujhe pata hota aaj tum arahi ho toh University na jati." Throwing her bag on the sofa, she sat on the bed, and started taking her shoes off and was telling her. "Waise maine mummy se kaha abhi toh shadi se free hui hoon, main Hyra ke sath chali jaungi baad mein toh kehti hain..."

(If I had known you are coming then I wouldn't have gone to University)

(I did tell mummy that let me rest for few days, I will go to university with Hyra, but she said...)

"Hyra ki abhi shadi hui hai woh hafte bhar nahi jayegi toh kya tum bhi nahi jaogi." Mimicking Rabia's voice, which she failed miserably, Uswa told her.

(Hyra just got married, she won't go to university for a week, that doesn't mean that you won't go too.)

"Waise mummy ka bas chale toh Sunday ko bhi mujhe University bhej dein. Kya hua?" When she was done telling Hyra everything, it is only then she noticed Hyra's red face on the edge of crying.

(If mummy could, she would have sent me to university on sundays too. What happened to you?)

"Kuch nahi, bas shadi ke baad pehli baar ayi haina, thora udaas hai." Arzoo shook her head, looking sharply at Hyra.

(Nothing, she came here for the first time after her marriage, that's why she is upset.)

"Waise pata hai kal toh mujhe bhi bohot rona aya, akela kamra bohot bura lag raha tha." This made Uswa upset too.

(You know yesterday I felt like crying too, the room felt  empty without you.)

"Tum dono baat karo, main tumhare liye kuch khane ko lati hoon." Arzoo told them and left the room, but before that, she gave Hyra a pointed look, telling her whatever she told her, she would not mention it to Uswa or anyone else.

(You two talk with each other, I will make something for you to eat.)

"Chalo, Hyra, humare kamre mein chalte hain, mujhe tumse bohot baat karni hai." Holding Hyra's hand, Uswa told her and dragged her to their room.

(Come on, Hyra, let's go to our room, I've lots of things to talk about.)

•••

Hyra missed her room a lot, most importantly her bed. In Hayder's room, she is sleeping on the sofa.

"Tum sofe pe kya kar rahi ho?" On the night of their wedding night, when they changed into their sleeping attire, picking up a pillow, Hyra went to lay on sofa, Hayder was already laying on the bed comfortably. But this act of her made him sat up, as Hayder questioned her.

(What are you doing on sofa?)

Hyra did not reply.

"Hyra, pagal mat bano, bed pe akey so." As usual, he told her in scolding manner.

(Hyra, don't be crazy, come and sleep on the bed.)

"Apki zindagi mein mere liye koi jagah nahi haina, toh bed pe bhi nahi hai." Calmly, she told him and laid down. After her reply, Hyader didn't say anything and turned off the lights.

(There is no place for me in your life, then I shouldn't sleeping on your bed.)

"Mujhe yeh batao, tumhe munh dikhai mein kya diya Hayder bhai ne?" Sitting in front of Hyra, Uswa asked, excitedly.

(What did Hayder bhai gift you?)

Hyra didn't say anything and put her hand forward, Hayder gave her a beautiful diamond bracelet just this morning after Hanif Mirza scolded him. This once belonged to Hayder's mother. Kubra told her this.

"Yeh toh bohot khoobsurat hai, lekin thora old fashion nahi? Par chalo theek hai, Hayder bhai bhi toh itne old fashionable hai." Uswa answered her own question, and was satisfied with the answer.

(It's beautiful, but it look little old-fashioned,  but it's okay, Hayder bhai is old-fashioned.)

"Achha, mujhe tumse kuch bohot zaroori share karna tha." Uswa seem to unnoticed Hyra's gloomy behaviour.

(I wanted to share something with you.)

"Kya?"Confusingly, Hyra asked.

(What?)

"Rafey bohot ajeeb behave kar rahe hain... mere samajh nahi arahe woh..." Slowly, Uswa told her about the change in Rafey's behaviour, his extra closeness.

(Rafey is behaving very weird, I am not able to understand him...)

"Isme ajeeb kya hai? Woh tumhare kareeb rehna chahte hain. Engaged ho tum dono." Hyra shrugged her shoulder.

(What's weird in this? You two are engaged, he wants to be cloae to you.)

"Haan lekin, mujhe ajeeb lag raha hai. I mean, aisa nahi hai mujhe woh nahi pasand, achhe hain woh... lekin... itni closeness ajeeb lag rahi hai." Uswa whined when she was not able to convey her feelings in proper words.

(Yeah, but, I feel weird. I mean, it's not like I don't like him or anything. He is very nice... but... I feel weird by his closeness.)

"Uswa, Rafey bhai hamesha se bahar rahe hain, unke liye itni frankness normal hai. Tum unki fiancé ho isliye tum pe apna haq samajhte hain."

(Uswa, Rafey bhai has grown up in Australia, for him, these things are normal. You are his fiance, that's why he thinks he have rights on you.)

"Haan lekin..." Uswa started saying but Hyra completed her sentence.

(Yes, but...)

"Tumhe ajeeb lag raha hai." Uswa nods her head.

(You feel weird.)

"Yaar, woh pehle aise nahi the na." Uswa complained.

(He wasn't like this before.)

"Kyuki pehle tumne unhe kabhi chance nahi diya baat karne ka. Tum toh hamesha bhaag jati thi jab woh kamre mein ajaye. Ab jab, tum dono baat karne lage ho, tum unse bhagti nahi, woh... unhe laga hoga ki ab tumhe koi problem nahi iss liye tumhare kareeb atey hain."

(Because you never gave him chance to talk to you. Whenever he used to come downstairs, you used to run away from there. And now, when you two has started talking, you are not running away from him... he may think you don't have anh problem with his closeness.)

"Rafey bhai ki intention pe toh mujhe koi shakk nahi hai woh kuch ulta seedha toh nahi sochte honge, lekin, tumne kabhi tum dono ke beech koi boundary draw ki nahi toh unhe kya maloom kab woh tumhare personal space invade kar rahe hain."

(I don't doubt Rafey bhai's intention, he could never think of doing something wrong with you, but, you never drew any boundary, he doesn't know when he is invading your personal space.)

"Boundary?" Uswa didn't understand Hyra's words.

"Har rishte mein ek boundary, ek limit banana zaroori hota hai, Uswa." Hyra knew Uswa isn't much sensible, but she never knew that she is that stupid.

(There should be a boundary, a limit to every relationship.)

"Aur woh naraz ho gaye toh?"

(What if he gets upset with me?)

"Hona toh nahi chahiye. Unhe tumhari feelings ki respect karni chahiye."

(He shouldn't be. He should respect your feelings.)

After thinking hard, Uswa speak up. "Tumhare andar toh do din mein Hayder bhai ki samajhdari agayi."

(You've got Hayder bhai's sensibility in just two days.)

This made Hyra scoff.

•••

Minal was returning to her house today, while everyone were seeing her off, Shahzaib went to stand beside Zara.

"Fuppi, aap itni jaldi kyu ja rahi hain, kuch din aur ruk jati." Shahzaib spoke up, loudly.

(Fuppi, why are you going so soon, you should have stayed for some more days.)

Zara was looking down, she didn't raise her head, although she knew he is referring her.

"Bohot din ruk liye, ab ghar bhi toh jana hoga. Aur Zara toh yaha mahino se hai, pehle Dawar ki shadi, fir Hayder ki, bade bhaiyya puch rahe the wapsi ka humari." Smiling, Minal told him.

(We have already stayed here for so long, now we have to return to our house. And Zara has been here since months, first for Dawar's wedding, then Hayder's wedding. Bade bhaiyya was asking when we will return.)

She was upset too that she had to return so soon. She wanted to stay until Ibtisham's family is here, but yesterday in function, Jamshed told her to come back home soon.

"Ab hum tumhari shadi mein ayenge." Minal teased him.

(Now we will come to stay for your marriage.)

Bashfully, Shahzaib scratched his head.

"Fuppi, chaliye, apka suitcase maine car mein rakh diya." Hayder was going to drop them to their home.

(Fuppi, let's go, I have put your suitcase in the car.)

Minal went to Tabu to talk to her.

Zara was about to follow her but Shahzaib held her hand. "Meri shadi mein main aunga barat leke." He whispers in her ear, then left her hand.

(On my marriage, I will come to your house with barat.)

He went to stand beside his grandfather, as if nothing happened. As if whatever he said didn't accelerated her heart.

"Hyra, tum agey baith jao." Hanif Mirza's voice made both Hayder and Hyra froze, Hayder was going to sit in the driver's seat, but stopped and looked at his grandfather.

(Hyra, you sit in the front seat.)

"Yeh... kyu agey baithegi?" Slowly, he asked, controlling himself from saying anything wrong.

(Why... would she sit in front seat?)

"Tum log ke sath ja rahi hai. Wapsi mein tum akele hoge na."

(She is gling with you because you will be alone when you will return from there.)

"Toh kya isko aap meri protection ke liye bhej rahe hain?" Hayder looked at the small frame of Hyra, was meekly standing beside Arzoo, and asked.

(You are sending her for my protection?)

"Kaisi baat kar rahe ho, Hayder?" Dawar tch at him. "Tumhari company ke liye ja rahi hai. Jao, Hyra." He then turned to Hyra and told her to go.

(What are you saying, Hayder?)
(She will give you comapny. Go, Hyra.)

"But..." Hyra looked at the dark eyes of Hayder, which was glaring at her, then turned to Hanif, to refuse. But no one heard anything that she had to say.

Unwillingly, she went to sit in the car, but she didn't sit in front seat with him, she asked Minal to sit there, she would sit with Zara.

•••

Lowkey wanna cast someone as Hayder and Hyra so I can make vm on them 😍 who do you think will be perfect for them?

-Ufaq

P.S. how's the chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 83.3K 59
𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔; It started with his love. Will it end with...
376K 18.2K 27
☀︎︎𝑯𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈☀︎︎ #3 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒎 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 #4 𝒊𝒏 𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒖 #4 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊 #12 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒂 #20 𝒊𝒏 𝒑𝒂𝒌�...
827K 37.2K 57
"Will, you ever move on, forget him?" Her friend asked. "He is my breath and I will forget him when I forget to breathe." She answered with a smile o...
566K 25.4K 24
She looked at all of them with hopeful eyes. No one belived her. Except Him ! She didn't expect him to believe her out of all the people. She had exp...