Thy Empress (Erwin Smith x FE...

By 3mooie

{Erwin Smith x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this story's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner... More

disclaimer
prologue
part i
part ii
part iii
part iv
part v
part vi
part vii
part viii
part ix
part x
part xi
part xii
part xiii
part xiv
part xv
part xvi
part xvii
part xviii
part xix
part xx
part xxi
part xxii
part xxiii
part xxiv
part xxv
part xxvi
part xxvii
part xxviii
part xxix
part xxx
part xxxi
part xxxii
part xxxiii
part xxxiv
part xxxv
part xxxvi
part xxxvii
part xxxviii
part xxxix
part xl
part xli
part xlii
part xliii
part xliv
part xlv
part xlvi
part xlvii (The Legend of Nadia)
part xlviii
part xlix
part l
part li
part lii
part liii
part liv
part lv
part lvi
part lvii
part lviii
part lix
part lx
part lxi
part lxii
part lxiii
part lxiv
part lxvi
part lxvii
part lxviii
part lxix
part lxx
part lxxi
part lxxii
epilogue

part lxv

1.2K 66 22
By 3mooie

Word Count - 2,850 words

Three Months Later

A smile has been plastered on Y/n's lips while she watches her husband teaching their daughter how to pronounce her full name. Elizabeth is seated on Erwin's lap, while Erwin is seated on his office chair.

Instead of working on the reports and appeals on his table, Erwin chose to spend time with his daughter who came knocking on his door earlier because she was bored.

"Ewizabeth Tybwur Swith!"

Y/n and Erwin both let out a laugh because of Elizabeth pronouncing her name. She sure made a lot of mispronunciation but that only made her sound very adorable.

"Again, peanut...Elizabeth Tybur Smith..."

The emperor encouraged his daughter to pronounce correctly, flashing Elizabeth a wide smile. "E...Elizabeth T-Tybur...Swith!"

Erwin chuckled once again.

His daughter just can't pronounce his last name right. "It's Smith, baby. Not Swith..."

"Swith!"

"Smith."

"S-Swith!"

Y/n laughed, shaking her head. Cute...

Even if their daughter had made a lot of mistakes and couldn't seem to do it right for now, her husband remained understanding and patient with their daughter.

After all, Elizabeth is only four years old, their daughter is still so young to speak in a clear manner. "Okay, its enough for now."

Erwin and Elizabeth looked at her after speaking. She stood up, making her way to the two. "His majesty needs to work, Elizabeth. We need to go for now, hm?"

Elizabeth pouted, brows furrowing.

The little girl frowned, then shook her head. She wrapped her short arms in her father's neck then buried her face on the crook of her father's neck. "I don't wanna!"

Erwin let out a low chuckle. He embraced Elizabeth, placing a hand on her back, then gently patted it. "peanut don't wanna..."

Y/n gave Erwin a disapproving look when the emperor gave her a pleading look. Your majesty, you need to work. Y/n thought.

The emperor sighed as he nodded.

I know, but Elizabeth wants to stay.

The two stared at each other for a while, communicating through their eyes.

Erwin was caught off guard when his wife crossed her arms over her chest and stared at him firmly and straight in his blue eyes.

Fine...fine...I will work now.

"Peanut...I have to work now or else I will lose my job, and your mother will get mad at both of us when that happens...hahaha."

Erwin and Elizabeth looked at each other, both of them looking sad that they have to part for now. The blond man flashed Elizabeth one big smile. "But I'll come play with you later as soon as I'm done, okay?"

The little girl smiled widely, she raised her small pinky finger. "Okay! Make pwomise!"

"Promise." Erwin interlocked his pinky finger to his daughter's small one, then kissed her forehead. "Love you, peanut."

"Wuv you, too!"

Y/n took Elizabeth from her husband who still looks like to keep holding onto Erwin.

The h/c-haired woman gave the blond man a commanding stare, warning him to work already. Her husband only laughed at her.

Please work now, your majesty.

Yes, my beautiful majesty.

--

"Your majesty, I have brought you tea."

Y/n looked up from her paper works to Lady Finger who walked in, holding a tray of tea sets. Historia is also with the woman, holding a tray of snacks for her. "It's late already, your majesty. Take a break now."

The h/c-haired woman smiled.

"Yes. But I have to finish these paperwork. But don't worry, it won't be too long. I'll rest as soon as I'm done." She watched as Lady Finger and Historia prepared her tea and snacks on the other table to her left where she has a mini lounge. "Is Elizabeth already asleep?" Y/n stood up from sitting down.

Y/n let out a deep sigh as she stretched her arms and body. "Yes, your majesty. The emperor was actually the one who put the little princess to sleep." Lady Finger said.

The empress smiled as she nodded.

"It's a good thing that princess Elizabeth became fond of his majesty so easily, your majesty." Historia said as she helped the
h/c-haired woman to sit down on a couch.

Lady Finger gave Y/n her cup of tea.

Y/n took her cup of tea, thanking her lady-in-waiting. She blew on it, before taking a small sip on her cinnamon tea.

"I'm glad, too. My Elizabeth has always been a friendly child. She likes meeting new people. But the emperor is a different case. He's her father, and Elizabeth didn't know about that. The father she only knew was Sota...I'm just glad that Elizabeth's adjusting with his majesty, and slowly getting to know him as her real father."

The empress let out a small sigh.

She looked outside through the window, then stared at the night sky.

"Though I feel guilty that she has to go through this whole thing,...processing everything in her young mind...but then, if we don't tell her now, and put it aside, she'll be in even more confusion as she grows."

Lady Finger and Historia nodded in agreement.

"You did the right thing, your majesty. Please do not doubt whatever your decision was. Us, mothers know best, your majesty."

Y/n nodded as she smiled at Lady Finger, thanking her for the reassurance she gave.

"I want to take a walk after. Prepare my coat please, Lady Finger." Y/n kindly said.

"Yes, your majesty."

--

Just like Y/n said, she went on a night stroll after doing her work. But before she went out, she visited Elizabeth first and saw her daughter sleeping peacefully with their kid.

Y/n didn't bother the two anymore and just left. She knows that Erwin is also tired from working on his many reports and appeals.

"Should I throw a tea party next week before my wedding?" Y/n asked herself.

Though her question was also meant for Lady Finger and Historia who are following behind her. Sir Reiner and Sir Jean are also with them, serving as her guard for tonight.

"That would be a great idea, your majesty. The noble women and ladies you're friends with surely miss having tea and talking with you." Historia said, smiling genuinely.

Y/n nodded. Her eyes roamed around as she continued walking. "Right, how is the-"

The h/c-haired woman wasn't able to continue what she wanted to ask when she sighted a familiar figure from afar, sitting down by the angel fountain at the center.

"Isn't that...the crown prince, your majesty?" Lady Finger said, curiously.

"Yeah...that's the crown prince." Y/n changed her route going to Evan. Why is the crown prince outside? It's already late.

Y/n stopped on her track just when she was already close to the crown prince. Her eyes widened upon seeing Evan silently crying.

The empress looked back at her servants, and signaled for them to leave for now.

Lady Finger, Historia and the two knights nodded and left quietly.

"Your highness..." Softly, the empress called the crown prince who obviously stiffened in his place upon hearing her soft tone.

Evan quickly wiped his tears. He didn't turn to face Y/n, feeling embarrassed that his mother will see him and his swollen eyes. "I...I am going to go back now to my-"

Before Evan could even leave, the empress had already caught his arm. Evan looked back at the empress, his cheeks and nose are red, and his eyes are puffy from crying.

"What's wrong, my son?" Y/n asked.

Her voice was so soft, so comforting and calm, that it made Evan break down into tears once again. "I...I-I'm...nngh...s-sorry."

The h/c-haired woman sighed.

She doesn't know what happened, but she knows that what she needs to do for now is give the crown prince a hug.

"It's okay, dear...just cry it out."

Evan cried more as he hugged his step-mother. "Y-your majesty...can..."

Y/n began stroking Evan's hair.

"Yes, tell me, son. What can I do for you?"

The empress looked down at Evan who looked up at her. She cupped his cheeks, catching his little tears with her thumb.

"I..." Evan looked down, he gripped onto the empress' arm, shutting his eyes.

His lips kept on trembling, preventing him from speaking clearly.

"I don't want to become an emperor, your majesty...I don't want it...please help me..."

Evan...

--

Erwin shut his eyes, he put down his quill pen, and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Where is the crown prince?" The emperor seriously asked.

Sir Levi came to his office, and reported that the crown prince didn't attend his daily lessons, and is nowhere to be found in the imperial palace.

"I apologize, your majesty. We don't know yet." Sir Levi said in a cold tone.

The emperor sighed once more. Erwin stood up from his seat. "Assemble your-"

Erwin wasn't able to continue what he was saying when a knock on the door had occurred. He looked at it, watching it open.

His wife walked in, their eyes immediately met. "Empress...have you heard what happened? The crown prince didn't-"

"We need to talk, your majesty."

The emperor's brows shot-up. "Pardon?"

Y/n looked at sir Levi. "Leave us, sir Levi. And please don't make any move to look for the crown prince. He is completely safe."

Levi and Erwin were both taken aback.

"Y-yes, your majesty."

The raven-haired man then left, leaving
Y/n and Erwin alone. "My love, what did you mean by that?" The emperor asked.

His wife walked towards him, looking serious and cold. Erwin felt nervous, then. Somehow, he feels like he's in trouble.

Erwin watched as his wife sat down on his office chair, unbothered. "Sit down, Erwin."

Eek...! The emperor gulped. "But you're sitting down on my chair, my love. How-"

"Go grab yourself a chair, then, ERWIN."

What did I do? Erwin thought.

"Yes...of course, I was about to."

The blond man grabbed one of the chairs across from his table, placing it beside his wife. He sighed as he sit down. He stiffened  when he saw his wife is now glaring at him.

"I heard from Evan what happened before we saw each other in Hizuru. Is it true that you raised your hand on princess Eleanor?"

Erwin went silent. He stared at Y/n for a few moments. Then looked down, letting out yet another sigh. "Yes...that time...things were becoming too much to handle. But I am not trying to get away with it by saying this. Just know that I didn't mean to hurt Eleanor...you know I'm not like that, Y/n."

Y/n didn't say anything.

Her husband looked at her, and there she saw the pain and exhaustion in his eyes.

"Our family was on the verge of breaking apart during that time. I had done things that caused Eleanor and Evan to be hurt.
It was my anger, the stress, fear and just everything...it was too much to handle..."

The empress clenched her fists, now feeling affected. She knows she's also the reason why unpleasant fights between Erwin and the royal twins had happened. "Erwin..."

Y/n sighed, she moved closer to the emperor, holding his hand. "I understand you. But still, no matter how stressful or hard things get, no matter how angry or scared you are...you shouldn't take it out on others, especially not to your own family."

Erwin just stayed silent. He's ready to receive whatever scolding or lesson his wife will give to him.

"Do not ever hurt your family in any way, especially not physically and emotionally. Because once you've done it, it will forever be with them. It will carve into their minds, into their hearts. It's easy to forgive but it's hard to forget."

The blond man closed his eyes as he nodded. "I know...it's my wrong. I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

Y/n shook her head. "No...don't apologize to me. Don't say that to me. Apologize to Eleanor and Evan, and say that to them."

"But Evan is not here, I have to look-"

"He is in my private residence, your majesty."

Erwin looked at Y/n with disbelief. "Wha..."

The h/c-haired woman sighed heavily

"The crown prince has been stressed lately. I had a talk with him last night, and after he told me everything that's bothering him, I decided to send him away from the palace for now to clear his mind. It's not good to force him to keep on working when he's already at his limits. His highness is also human. He's still young, your majesty..."

Y/n looked at Erwin straight in the eyes. Once again, her face turned serious and cold. "And one more thing...I heard that you didn't allow him to step down from his position as the crown prince, is that right?"

The emperor shut his eyes, letting out his thousandth sigh for today.

"Empress, you know that when I let that happen, the council will be in uproar. If the seat of the inheritor of my throne is empty, then the stability of my ruling will fall into problems. And even if Eleanor is there to take over, she surely won't take it. No one is there to take over my seat once I decide to step down, or if I bit the dust in the future. And it's not like we can let just anyone take my position and become an emperor..."

Y/n nodded her head. She knows that already. "Your majesty, if you were to choose between your position and son..."

The h/c-haired woman stared straight into Erwin's eyes. "Which would you choose?"

"Y/n...why are you..."

"They're both important to you, your majesty. I totally get it. If I were in your shoes, I would be the same. But what weighs more for you? I'm sure it's not your ruling, it's not your council or the empire."

Erwin wasn't able to say anything.

What his wife is saying is all right.

Evan weighs more than anything else he has. "Then.." the blond man closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. "What should I do? I can't seem to find any solution to all this..."

"That is why I am here, your majesty."

The emperor looked at his wife, suddenly feeling relieved the moment Y/n flashed him a smile. "I'll be with you as you talk to Eleanor and Evan, and I'll help you with all of this. You don't need to worry, you don't need to shoulder it all by yourself. I am your wife, and it's my duty to help you with whatever problems you are having, hm?."

Erwin smiled a bit. He cupped Y/n's cheek, then caressed her cheek.

"You know I always ask myself this question..."

The emperor leaned close to Y/n, pressing his lips onto the corner of her lips.

"What would I do without you? What would I do if I really ended up losing you? I think I'll just lose my mind on any day. I'll be miserable because you aren't with me."

Y/n stood up, she wrapped her arms around Erwin's neck, then sat on his lap.

Erwin smiled as Y/n kissed his forehead.

"But I'm here now, and I'll forever be here from now on."

"I know...thank you, and I love you."

The empress let out a small laugh when her husband began nibbling on her ear. "We're not yet done talking, your majesty. Don't let this talk go to something else, please."

"Okay, okay...I won't."

Y/n leaned her head onto Erwin's shoulder, closing her eyes as she sniffed on her husband's scent.

"Let's let the crown prince do what he wants, your majesty. As well as Eleanor...they might be prince and princess of our empire, but they're also children. They have the right to freedom just like any other humans. As their parents, we shouldn't let them sacrifice anything, it should be us to sacrifice anything for them. Because we are their parents, the people who should protect and care for them."

Erwin brought his hand to Y/n's hair, and began stroking it with his thick, long fingers.

"How about the solution?"

The empress pursued her lips.

She looked up at Erwin, her fingers made their way to trace every side and parts of his face.

"If it's okay with you, your majesty..."

"Just tell me, my love."

Y/n took a deep breath. She sat properly then seriously stared at her husband.

"Appoint me as an empress regent who will be able to rule the empire when you aren't around. I will stay in that position just until a new ruler after you has been crowned."
________________________________________

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 12.4K 13
COMPLETED // (Y/N) Is pretty good at reading people and have a talent for knowing when someone is not ok. Lately (y/n) has noticed that Commander Erw...
1.2M 45.6K 56
In a cruel world dominated by Titans, you seek purpose in the Survey Corps after Levi saves you from the death of your grandmother, Arya. You want to...
41.4K 2.5K 32
Arms Tonite. 🌋 ❛ Don't you think it's kinda cute that I try to escape the afterlife? ❜ ❨ Eren Jaeger x Fem!OC Attack on Titan...
245K 8.5K 80
{Erwin Smith x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner. Disclaimer: I do not own any of the at...