CUPID | Ryeji AU

By ryejifml

// RYUJIN X YEJI // DISCONTINUED Ryujin was a hopeless romantic and Yeji had never believed in love and was k... More

0
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11

1

730 23 9
By ryejifml

Ringing noises.

Why was Ryujin hearing ringing noises?

Ryujin wakes up from her slumber, her alarm had rung. Ryujin lazily tries to turn the ringing clock off and ended up failing to do it, every attempt.

She groans, opening her tired eyes and successfully quieting the noise. Ryujin gets up from her bed, grabbing her phone and started walking to the bathroom to do her daily routine.

She checks the time on her phone. That's when she realized she had set the alarm clock for her first day at the university that she had gotten accepted into. She smiles.

This had woken her up, she was excited. She makes sure to look extra presentable.

She runs down the stairs to greet her parents. Her mother was cleaning the kitchen and her father was eating breakfast, looking at his phone.

"Mom, Dad! It's my first day at my university!" Ryujin happily exclaimed, making both of her parents' attention settle on her.

"Good for you, are you excited?" Her mother asked.

"Of course I am, it's my dream school!" Ryujin widely smiled, walking towards the front door. She opens it and before she left, someone had called for her.

"Hey." Her father yelled.

Ryujin stood at the opened door, tilting her head. What could her father want?

"Don't forget to eat." He said, looking at the toast sitting on the plate. Ryujin smiled before grabbing the toast and heading to her new school.

"Ryujin!" Someone called. Ryujin squints her eyes to get a better look of this caller. She wasn't particularly close with this person, they just happened to wind up in the same school again.

"Oh, Chaeryeong!" Ryujin greeted, walking up to her.

"How have you been?" Chaeryeong asked.

"Good, good. What about you?" Ryujin replied.

"Same as well, where's your girlfriend?" Chaeryeong wondered. Almost everybody at her high school knew about Ryujin's love life. Some hated it, some supported it.

Ryujin didn't really care about what others thought about her. She just wanted to live her life.

"Oh.. Lia? Yeah, we're not together anymore." Ryujin awkwardly says, picturing Lia with another man. She felt icky at the thought of them. They had broken up last week, it was recent, indeed.

A lot of people would have given up on love if they were cheated on. Not Ryujin, she believed that love was still real even though she had gotten cheated on, countless of times. She took her exes as a learning experience.

"Oh sorry, I asked because you'd always talk about going to the same university as her.." Chaeryeong panicked, trying to explain.

"No worries." Ryujin reassured. Chaeryeong still felt bothered though.

Ryujin checks the time on her phone.

"We have an hour, let's look around." Ryujin said, trying to release the awkward tension.

"Yeah." Chaeryeong agreed.

They walked around the campus, awing at everything they see. The school was so beautiful that even Ryujin thought the administrators accidentally let her in. She couldn't believe she had gotten accepted into a school such as this.

"This school's beautiful." Chaeryeong awed. Ryujin chuckled.

"Yeah, it is. What class do you have? I'll walk you there." Ryujin offered.

"I have english." Chaeryeong said.

"Ew. English." Ryujin joked.

"English isn't too bad, I learn more important history in those classes than in actual history classes." Chaeryeong laughed.

"That is true." Ryujin laughed along before starting to walk to her class.

"What about you? Where's your class?" Chaeryeong asked. Ryujin checks her schedule.

"I have math." Ryujin said.

"Ew. Math." Chaeryeong mocked, earning a playful slap on her arm. She rubs her arm, pretending to be injured.

"It doesn't hurt." Ryujin said.

"Yeah, it doesn't." Chaeryeong said, then they both burst into laughter.

They arrive at Chaeryeong's class.

"Wait, give me your phone." Ryujin asked.

Chaeryeong smiles before she handed Ryujin her phone. Ryujin puts in 9-1-1 but doesn't call, as a joke.

"Hey!" Chaeryeong furrowed her eyebrows, acting like she was angry.

"I'm only kidding." Ryujin laughed before typing her actual phone number.

She sees the time on Chaeryeong's phone. She had 3 minutes left and her class was on the 5th floor, she is currently on the 1st.

"Okay yeah, I gotta go." Ryujin said.

Chaeryeong nodded before heading inside the classroom.

Ryujin walks to the nearest elevator, she doesn't hurry herself. It's the first day of school, there's no way a teacher was petty enough to mark her absent.

She walks in a minute after the late bell rings. She opens the door, making the teacher stop talking. The teacher gave her a death glare.

"You're late." The teacher sternly said, "What's your name?"

"It's the first day." Ryujin said, trying her best not to sound whiny.

"You are expected to be on time when the bell rings." The old woman said.

"Ryujin." She said, answering her teacher's previous question.

"Last name?"

"Shin." Ryujin said, when the teacher looked at the attendance papers, Ryujin immediately rolled her eyes at how unfair she was.

"Go ahead and have a seat." She instructed. Ryujin nodded, scanning the back of the room to find an empty seat.

Ryujin finds an empty seat next to a pretty girl, near the back of the classroom. That girl was unbelievably beautiful.

"Before I was rudely interrupted," The teacher stared into Ryujin's soul. Ryujin is cringing at how annoying her teacher is.

This teacher definitely doesn't know how to make a good first impression.

"My name is Mrs. Kim. I'll be your Calculus professor." She continues, looking away from Ryujin's eyes.

"The teacher hates you already." The girl next to Ryujin said, smiling.

"I already know this teacher is gonna be a pain in the ass." Ryujin said.

"Me too," The girl laughed. Her angelic laugh made Ryujin smile hard.

"What's your name?" Ryujin asked.

"I'm Hwang Yeji." The girl introduced.

"Beautiful name." She flirted, winking at her.

"Thank you," Yeji said, not being phased. Usually the girls loved Ryujin's charms, Ryujin felt rejected in a way.

"Well, I'm—" Ryujin tried to introduce before she gets cut off.

"You're Shin Ryujin." She smiled. Ryujin wouldn't let anyone slide if someone cut her off but this girl.

This girl might be Shin Ryujin's weakness.

After the class bell rang, Ryujin was about to leave the room before she was stopped by the teacher.

"Shin Ryujin, stay here for a moment." The teacher said, waiting for the rest of the students in the classroom to leave. Yeji looked back at Ryujin, smiling.

"Since you're a freshman, I'll let this slide. The next time you're late, you will be marked." The teacher said.

"Okay." Ryujin said, walking out of the door.

The teacher was waiting for a sign of appreciation or waiting for an apology. Ryujin didn't care, the teacher ruined her mood.

"Chaeryeong!" Ryujin called out. She somehow bumped into her again.

"Ryu!" Chaeryeong greeted with a nickname.

"Ryu?" Ryujin asked.

"Sorry, did you not like that?" Chaeryeong overthought.

"Eh." Ryujin said, Chaeryeong frowns.

"Only if I get to call you Chaer." Ryujin teased.

"But it sounds like chair." Chaeryeong complained.

"Chaer sounds like your nickname?" Ryujin joked, knowing what she meant. Chaeryeong scoffs.

"How was your first class?" Chaeryeong asked.

"The teacher was petty about lateness. But she let me go, only because I was a freshie." Ryujin explained.

"I mean that's good at least?" Chaeryeong said, lightening the mood.

"Well, the only good thing is that I sit next to a very beautiful girl." Ryujin smiled.

"What's her name? Maybe I might know her." Chaeryeong asked.

"Hwang Yeji." Ryujin answered.

Chaeryeong's mouth shaped into an oval. Ryujin didn't know what that meant, she just hoped that Chaeryeong had information about Yeji.

"Have you heard? That girl is a no-good heartbreaker." Chaeryeong said.

"Oh really?" Ryujin asked.

"That's why nobody's near her," Chaeryeong said, "She knows that she could charm anyone, that's why people tend to stay away."

"How do you know?" Ryujin couldn't tell if this rumor was real.

"Well, I don't know for sure but that's what I heard around my class." Chaeryeong said.

"Wow she's already popular? It's only the first day." Ryujin awed.

"She's a year older." Chaeryeong explained.

"That makes more sense." Ryujin nodded her head.

"Um, well, I gotta go.." Chaeryeong nervously said before walking the opposite direction.

Ryujin raised her eyebrow, Chaeryeong's next class wasn't even in that direction. She shrugs deciding to not ask about it.

She turns around and sees Yeji towering her. She was tall.

"You wanted to get to know me?"

"Oh, hi." Ryujin said, startled.

"Do you believe in rumors?" Yeji asked.

"Not really." Ryujin replied, feeling awkward.

"Well, you shouldn't. Whatever that girl told you about me, isn't what you think I am." Yeji said.

"A heartbreaker?" Ryujin asked.

"Yeah, that." Yeji confirmed.

"Okay?" Ryujin said, not knowing how to feel.

"Don't trust me?" Yeji questioned.

"No, I just think that it's a bit weird that you're defending yourself like this." Ryujin said.

"I'm only saying this because I want to get to know you." Yeji said.

a/n: A HOPELESS ROMANTIC ALL MY LIFE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 497 24
Ryujin and Yeji were childhood best friends along with Yuna, Chaeryeong and Lia. The two girls fell in love with one another and the girls supported...
30.9K 1.2K 41
Yeji and Ryujin met on a dating app. One is only looking for a past time, the other a genuine connection. However, circumstances seem to bring them t...
25.4K 1K 21
just a series of songs dedicated by Yeji's secret admirer through letters will that be more soon? will her secret admirer finally have the courage to...
182K 9.5K 60
Hwang Yeji,A hyper and trouble maker soloist idol met her new strict guard Shin Ryujin,Yeji gave her guard a hard time,but after knowing her past fee...