Thy Empress (Erwin Smith x FE...

By 3mooie

{Erwin Smith x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this story's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner... More

disclaimer
prologue
part i
part ii
part iii
part iv
part v
part vi
part vii
part viii
part ix
part x
part xi
part xii
part xiii
part xiv
part xv
part xvi
part xvii
part xviii
part xix
part xx
part xxi
part xxii
part xxiii
part xxiv
part xxv
part xxvi
part xxvii
part xxviii
part xxix
part xxx
part xxxi
part xxxii
part xxxiii
part xxxiv
part xxxv
part xxxvi
part xxxvii
part xxxviii
part xxxix
part xl
part xli
part xlii
part xliii
part xliv
part xlv
part xlvi
part xlvii (The Legend of Nadia)
part xlviii
part xlix
part l
part li
part lii
part liii
part liv
part lv
part lvi
part lvii
part lix
part lx
part lxi
part lxii
part lxiii
part lxiv
part lxv
part lxvi
part lxvii
part lxviii
part lxix
part lxx
part lxxi
part lxxii
epilogue

part lviii

1.1K 64 101
By 3mooie

Word Count - 2,955 words

(Reader's Point-of-View)

Four years of not knowing anything...

Four years of not being able to speak...

Was a torture to me.

"Erwin..."

I thought I would remain mute for the rest of my life, that I would remain clueless for eternity. But what I thought was wrong.

The second time I lost my consciousness because of the unbearable pain in my head, I remembered fragments of my memories.

I remembered how I was born and where I grew up. I remembered my family from a vast kingdom.

I remembered that I was an illegitimate child of the King of Marley, and that the woman who gave birth to me was a commoner who became a concubine after meeting the king.

I also remembered that I have a younger brother, we do not share the same mother, but in my memories, we seemed to be so close to one another.

All I remembered was my maiden life.

But I do remember one specific memory.

It was when I met a man.

His face was blurry in my memory, his voice was unclear, yet I felt his warmth and comfort. I dreamed of him in my sleep, for how many times, yet I still can't remember him.

"Erwin..."

But I do know his name because I said it myself. The man I want to remember but I can't, his name is Erwin. Who is he...?

"He is your husband. The emperor of the Eldian empire, my father...and Elizabeth's father. But most especially...he's the man you married because you love him truly."

Erwin...

My eyes closed on their own, tears streaming down to my cheeks. Even after hearing who he is, I can't still remember.

But my heart aches like its being shattered.

Hearing his name, and knowing he is...

Is enough to break my heart, to break me.

Its strange how this is more painful than any physical and emotional pain I've felt.

"And you, you are Y/n Tybur-Smith."

I opened my eyes and looked at Eleanor. This young lady in front of me, she says she's Erwin's daughter, she is a princess from the Eldian empire.

And she says that I am her second mother.

Yet I can't remember her.

But I do feel a connection between us.

"You were from the Marleyan kingdom. The eldest child and illegitimate daughter of the previous Marleyan king. You got married to my father for a peace treaty between the Marleyan kingdom and our empire...you are the empress of the Eldian empire."

My hands fell onto my side.

I suddenly feel weak. Maybe hearing all these things in just a day exhausted me.

"D-do you still not remember...?"

Eleanor asked, teary-eyed.

She's been crying since she started telling me all she knows about me.

I know that she's hoping I will remember.

I closed my eyes and held my head, sighing from the painful throb in my head, and my ears could hear low screeching sounds.

"Sorry...I can't...remember anything."

Eleanor's eyes drooped from sorrow.

I knew the moment I saw this young lady that she must know me. I saw her reaction, and it was honest.

She even cried upon seeing my daughter.

That's why...I took the courage of speaking to her. Because I know that she might be able to help me remember.

"I see...d-don't force yourself...its better to take your time. Sota said that it will be bad for you if you force yourself to remember your past, things will go south if you do so."

My eyes went to Eleanor.

Seeing her crying, yet trying her best to assure me that's okay, breaks my heart. She reminds me of someone I seemed to know, but I have also forgotten who.

Who could it be?

"Everything will be alright, my lady."

Frozen in my place as I hear another familiar voice in my head. I shut my eyes
as the throbbing in my head became even more painful. "I wrote you another poem."

A poem...

"Y-your majesty, are you okay?!"

Eleanor rushed to my side. She held my arms and stayed beside me, staring at me with panic, worry, and concerned.

"P-poem...did someone gave me a poem?"

I saw how Eleanor paused. She gulped, looking away. I know she didn't want to tell me. But I still want to know. "Tell me, Eleanor...does someone used to give me-"

"Zeke Yeager."

My mouth went shut upon hearing that name. Yet again, tears won't stop leaving my eyes. Zeke Yeager...As I stare into nothingness, I slowly remembered him.

Poems...companion... comfort...friend.

"Where is he...?"

Eleanor's lips trembled. She looked down, her eyes turned dark from guilt.

"T-the day you disappeared...you were with him..." My hands began to tremble, the aching of my heart became even more painful, yet I couldn't bother with it.

I'm scared to know.

Zeke Yeager...he's my friend. He's someone who comforted me when I felt so lonely...

"Mr. Zeke Yeager died on the same day you disappeared."

--

(Third Person Point-of-View)

Erwin jumped off his horse.

He fixed his robe as roamed his eyes around. There are no other people around the imperial palace, only the soldiers, and the servants who have been waiting for their arrival.

"Welcome back, emperor Smith."

The blonde man only nodded to those who greeted him. He looked back and saw princess Keiko's carriage approaching.

He kept his eyes on the princess' carriage until it stopped. Erwin made his way towards Keiko's carriage.

The princess' servants and the soldiers gave way to him. Keiko smiled as soon as she saw Erwin who opened the door for her.

"Be careful. Your dress is long."

Erwin offered his hand to the princess, and helped her get off the carriage.

"Welcome back, your highness."

Keiko greeted their people after they greeted her. She held onto Erwin's arm as they made their way inside the palace.

"Your majesty..."

Erwin looked at Keiko who called her.

"Will princess Eleanor and crown prince Evan be okay?"

"Yes...my children...they know what to do."

Erwin received a letter two days ago from Eleanor. His daughter told him that she wanted to be alone for now, and that he should go back to the capital without her.

His princess also promised that she will come back as soon as she's finally okay.

He didn't doubt that it wasn't Eleanor because he knows his daughter's hand writing and how she writes her words.

Erwin knows his faults.

That's why he let Eleanor be for now.

He knows that he hurt her, and that Eleanor needs her own space to think.

He let her be, somehow feeling that his daughter is safe somewhere in the village.

He trusts Eleanor with all his might.

"Lady Mikasa stayed behind so when Eleanor came back, she would bring her back. I hope she comes back before your birthday." The blond man stated.

Keiko nodded. She stared at the emperor, a sad smile plastered on her lips. Even when Erwin looks normal because of his usual stoic look, she could feel that the emperor is sad because his children are not with him.

Even Evan is not around.

Evan had requested to be sent back to Eldia  two days ago the same day he received the letter of his daughter. Yesterday was the day Evan departed to go back to Eldia.

Erwin knows why Evan wanted to go back.

His son couldn't even look him in the eye when they said goodbye yesterday.

Even his son...had distance himself from him, too.

"I'm sorry..."

The blond man stopped walking upon hearing Keiko's apology. He looked at the princess who slowly let go of his arm, and kept her eyes on the ground. "Because of me, your family...are going through this."

Erwin let out a sigh. "Nothing's your fault, my lady. If someone is to be blamed for all of this, it should be me." The emperor and Keiko stared at each other.

"I'm sorry, too."

Keiko clenched her fists. "For that day..."

The princess shook her head. The truth is, she knows that the emperor will never love her. But she's still hoping. Even if it will hurt her. "No...it's okay, I understand. Getting over someone you love is hard."

No...it looks like he won't even get over her.

Erwin looked away, looking guilty.

He was about to speak, but his eyes caught a couple of familiar people from afar.

The emperor stiffened in his place as he met the cold gaze of the Marleyan king.

Lionel...

Not only King Lionel was there but also Queen Freida, Lady Danaya and Sir Philip.

His wife's family.

"Emperor Smith."

Erwin snapped out of his thoughts. Lionel is already standing in front of him. "King Lionel...it's been a while." Erwin spoke.

He saw how Lionel glanced at Keiko with an indifferent look in his eyes.

"Yes, indeed. It's been a while."

Lionel smiled at him, yet he knows it was fake. The Marleyan king stared at him with evident disappointment and hate in his eyes. "The last time I saw you...you were still mourning for my sister. But now..."

The blond man clenched his fists.

Keiko gulped as she looked down. She didn't know Lionel was when she saw him, but now she finally knows who she is.

King Lionel...the young brother of Empress Y/n! That makes him...the former brother-in-law of the previous empress.

"...you're with a new woman."

"Lionel..." Queen Freida held Lionel's arm, slightly squeezing it, giving him a signal not to cause a rift between him and the Eldian emperor.

Erwin looked at Lady Danaya. The former lady-in-waiting of his wife had already aged. The woman looked at him, her eyes still evident with sorrow and grief from the loss of her former mistress. Aside from that, he could see her disappointment in him.

"Your majesty...you'll be late with your tea time with the Hizuru emperor."

Erwin's eyes then landed on sir Philip.

The former knight of his wife didn't even bat him an eye. It seems they have already heard the news...

"Well, then...we shall go first."

Lionel walked passes by Erwin and Keiko, not even bothering to give them a farewell.

But Freida is kind enough to nod at the two.

"Sir Philip."

Philip stopped on his track upon hearing the blond man call him. He side-eyed the Eldian emperor. "Yes, emperor Smith?"

Erwin looked at Philip.

"I apologize for not being able to protect her."

The red-haired man sarcastically smiled as he looked back at the Eldian emperor. His sarcastic smile then faded away, and only a hint of coldness was evident in his face.

"If only she didn't marry you..."

Philip turned his back on Erwin, continuing on his way.

"She would still be living."

--

Y/n quietly closed the door to Eleanor's room. It's already late at night, and the young princess had already fallen asleep.

It's been so many days since Eleanor started staying with them.

And with her stay with them, Eleanor tells her about her past whenever Sota goes to his work.

"Leticia..."

The h/c-haired woman looked back, only to see Sota. She smiled at the black-haired man. Sota still doesn't know she can speak, nor does he know that she had already gotten back some of her memories.

She is scared.

Scared of how things will turn out.

"I prepared your bath already."

Y/n made her way towards Sota.

She was taken aback when the man pulled her by the waist, and embraced her.

"Are you okay?"

"No...I'm tired."

The h/c-haired woman nodded. She held Sota's hand, gently making him move away from her. "A warm bath may help you relax. Come on, I'll help you wash up." Sota flashed her a small smile. He kissed her cheek, whispering thank you to her ear.

Smoke filled their bathroom, coming from the hot water on the tub. Y/n is seated behind the tub, facing Sota's back.

Gently scrubbing his head with a shampoo on. "Leticia...today..." Y/n stopped for a moment. She looked at Sota who looked suddenly gloomy and disappointed.

"I...I got fired from my job."

The h/c-haired woman's eyes widened.

"Sorry..."

Sota looked down, holding his head out of distress. "Don't worry, I will look for a job-"

The black-haired man wasn't able to continue what he wanted to say when Y/n hopped inside the tub with him.

He watched as Y/n sat down across from him, giving him a small smile.

"It's okay. You don't need to apologize."

Y/n moved closer to Sota. Even with the small space, she did her best to be closer to him, just for her to give him an embrace.

Sota closed her eyes, leaning his weight on Y/n, seeking her warmth and comfort.

This man...he didn't even know me, yet he took me in. He was consistent, he never changed. All for a stranger like me.

The h/c-haired woman couldn't help but shed a tear. Her heart aches for Sota.

When she remembers everything, surely things will change, and she's not even worried for herself, she's worried for Sota.

How will he feel?

"This feels nice..." Sota smiled. "Your embrace is something I would die for."

Don't say that.

Y/n let go of Sota. She frowned at him, making the black-haired man chuckle.

They stared at each other, the silence wasn't bothering them. It was peaceful.

"Leticia...you remember now, don't you?"

The h/c-haired woman stiffened in her place. She wasn't able to react or talk, and just stared at Sota with wide-eyes. What...

"I'm no fool...so you can stop pretending now."

Sota looked down, smiling bitterly. He noticed how Y/n changed. Lately, she avoids his affection, as if he thinks that Y/n is avoiding him because it's all wrong.

He noticed every small changes.

And he's lying if he says it didn't hurt.

But he knows this is the consequences.

"I'm not mad at you, but I do feel hurt. And I'm scared." Sota looked at Y/n, his eyes became glossy as he cupped her cheek and caressed them as if they're the most delicate thing he's ever held onto.

"I won't stop you...from remembering your past...I will let you leave if you have to...if that makes you happy...then I'll be glad to let you go."

Y/n's lips trembled. She let herself tear up in front of Sota. She closed her eyes and leaned into his touch. "Sota...I'm sorry..."

Sota smiled widely. Finally, he heard her speak. "Even your voice...is beautiful."

The black-haired man let out a small laugh when Y/n hugged him again. He hugged her back, and kissed the side of her head.

"Until you remember everything, let me stay by your side."

--

- The Day of Princess Keiko's Birthday -

A large royal banquet was prepared for the birthday celebration of the first princess of the Hizuru empire. Well-known noble families from all over the Hizuru empire were invited to attent Keiko's birthday.

Even foreign visitors are present for her birthday.

The people of Hizuru can already consider this day to be a holiday by how grand the empire is celebrating Keiko's birthday.

"Happy birthday, my lady."

A blush crept onto Keiko's cheek as she looked up at Erwin, looking even more handsome in his customized hakama.

The Eldian emperor held his hand, brought it close to his lips and pressed a tender kiss on the back of his hand.

Everyone present around have their eyes on the Eldian emperor and Hizuru princess.

"You look good in your hakama, your majesty."

Erwin flashed Keiko a small smile.

"Thank you. You look good tonight, too."

The emperor gently let go of Keiko's hand.

Keiko was about to speak again, but she noticed how the people around went silent.

Erwin noticed, too. He looked at Sir Levi who has been behind him. His brows furrowed upon seeing the horror on Levi's face as if he had seen a terrifying ghost.

"Sir Levi, what's wrong?"

The blond man looked at where sir Levi had been staring. He stiffened in his place upon seeing who was at the door, and seemed to have just arrived.

Evan...Eleanor...

Erwin dropped the glass of wine he was holding on his other hand. The breaking noise of the glass echoed all over the room.

"Hey...you gotta be shitting me right now." Levi mumbled.

Sir Levi looked at the emperor who remained frozen in his place, and the shocked look on his face is evident.

The Eldian emperor took a step forward, his eyes are focused onto the woman he knows too well.

Y/n stared at him with cold eyes, just like how she first met him.

"Y/n..."

Erwin is certain this time.

He isn't dreaming, nor is he hallucinating.

He continued walking towards Y/n, his knees felt weak, his hands kept on shaking, and eyes blurry, yet he didn't care about it all.

Y/n's voice.

He heard her voice even if he's still far away from her.

The blond man only stopped walking when there was enough distance between him and Y/n, enough for him to hear her clearly, to see if he really is seeing her right now.

"Y/n...is it really you...?"

"Yes, your majesty."
______________________________________

:)

Sota

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 12.4K 13
COMPLETED // (Y/N) Is pretty good at reading people and have a talent for knowing when someone is not ok. Lately (y/n) has noticed that Commander Erw...
8K 393 20
Erwin Smith & Y/N grew up down the street from each other in Wall Rose. You enjoyed his company as children, far more than you cared to admit, but he...
307K 7.7K 90
{Levi Ackerman x FEM! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mind. Credits to the rightful owner. [Slow Burn] Synopsis: Y/N never thou...
5.1K 158 12
Just a fun and saucy Levi x Reader story. 🍋 w/ a sprinkle of plot. Enjoy ❤️ Dec. 2021: I wasn't planning on ending this fic at chapter 11 but I act...