Less Dead | Enid Sinclair

By ism0ke222

Ezra Marshall was still grieving the death of her older brother Elliot... As she gets into Nevermore to live... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
AUTHOR'S NOTE (well wholeass chapter)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 17
a little message
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - ⚠️SMUT⚠️
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 - ⚠️SMUT⚠️
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 - FINAL CHAPTER

Epilogue

654 20 8
By ism0ke222

Ezra's POV:

My wounds had finally healed after three weeks just like the nurse had said. My arms were lined with thin white scars and while I felt relatively insecure at first about them, I was much comfortable now. Enid sure helped making me feel better about myself. She always did anyway. I was so grateful for her.

We were packing our stuff together since we were both leaving to our respective homes for an undefined break after the gruesome battle. As I was closing my suitcase, I heard my girlfriend sniffle from her side of the room. I turned to look at her. Her back was to me but her shoulders were shaking a bit.

I felt my stomach twist at the idea of her being sad and walked over to her. I placed a hesitant hand on her shoulder. Her head snapped in my direction and she quickly wiped her eyes. Her nose was red and her cheeks were stained with cheeks.

"E..." I cooed, engulfing her in a hug. She broke down in my arms and clung to me, grabbing fistfuls of my sweater.

"It's okay, it's okay. Let it out." I whispered soothingly, kissing the top of her head.

She kept crying and buried her face in the crook of my neck. I sighed and played with her hair softly, getting a whiff of her perfume as I did so.

"Why are you crying, angel?" I asked gently.

She sniffled some more before pulling away from my embrace and wiping her eyes. "I don't want to go back home..." She mumbled.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Because of your mom, right?"

She nodded her head and looked away. "Not only that... I'm not going to be able to see you until school starts again."

"Ouch... What if I wanted to visit you?" I feigned hurt. Her eyes widened in surprise before she broke into a grin.

"You mean that? You would actually visit me?" She said, sounding excited and hopeful.

I chuckled, stroking her cheek. "Of course puppy! You think I can stay away from you for so long?" I joked with a smile.

She visibly relaxed before wrapping her arms around my neck and leaning closer. I placed my forehead on hers and kissed her nose. She pouted and I burst out laughing. I loved how needy she can get. I slowly leaned in and she huffed in frustration before connecting our lips fervently and intensely. I immediately reciprocated.

We kept kissing until someone suddenly barged in. We quickly pulled away.

"Ugh..." Yoko said in disgust. "You guys make me sick."

Enid's face had turned a bright shade of red and I glared at Yoko.

"What do you want Tanaka?" I snapped.

She smirked. "Well... I hate to interrupt this very heated make out session but both of your rides are here and are waiting for you."

I nodded, looking at Enid whose face had dropped again. I turned to Yoko. "Could you give us a moment? I think they could wait 5 minutes."

Yoko nodded after having noticed the sad look on her best friend's face. She gave us both a soft smile, waved and left.

I grabbed my girlfriend by the shoulders and tilted her chin up to make her look at me. Tears had started welling up at the corners of her eyes.

"Listen..." I started. "Inform your parents that I'll be coming to San Francisco in about 10 days. That will give me enough time to catch up with my parents. Could you wait 10 days for me, baby?" I asked softly.

She nodded her head, her lips pursed and took a deep breath. "Yes, yes I can."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around her tightly. She exhaled like she had been holding her breath for the longest time as soon as she wrapped her arms around me back. I pulled away and gave her one last long look.

"Let's go. My parents hate waiting, I can imagine that yours do too."

She chuckled and nodded her head, grabbing her suitcase.

We went down the stairs and when we reached the entrance where all the students were gathered to leave with their parents, I immediately spotted my parents and quickly recognized Enid's. I sighed and looked at her.

"I love you." I said with a smile.

"More than words, syllables and letters?" She questioned teasingly.

I chuckled. "More than there are stars in the sky."

She grinned and fiddled with her fingers then gave me a smirk. "More than the sun loves the moon?"

I flashed her a smile. "Beyond that."

She couldn't contain her joy as she hugged me one last time and walked towards her parents. I watched her get in the car with them as her father took her bags from her.

I made my way towards my parents. They were smiling at me for the first time since Elliot's death. I cracked a small smile back. I was still not used to them being so affectionate and expressive of their love for me.

"That must've been Enid, right?" My father said with a knowing smile.

I felt the heat rush to my cheeks. "Um..."

My mother chuckled. "No need to lie. We saw the way you were both looking at each other."

I scoffed and handed Maurice my bags. "I'm spending the break in San Francisco. Enid has invited me. I'm leaving in 10 days."

Their jaws dropped. "But... We wouldn't have enough time to catch up with you!" My mom complained and my dad frowned.

I glared at them. "One more word and I'll reduce the days."

"But..."

"9 days." I snapped with a smirk while getting in the car.

"Ezra!" My father called.

"8." I winked.

They clenched their jaws and just looked away. They sighed and both shrugged at the same time.

I got them wrapped around my little finger.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to text Enid.

Ezzie <3: Guess who's coming to San Francisco in 8 days?

Puppy: hey babyyyy

Puppy: didn't u say that ur coming in 10 days???

Ezzie <3: Change of plans! I actually can't stand my parents.

Puppy: the sooner the better anw my mom is already being an ass ugh

Ezzie <3: I hope I'll make it better pup.

Puppy: u always can

I closed my phone with a smile and plugged in my headphones. I sighed longingly. I wish I knew how eventful of a break it was going to be.

Until next time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that marks... The end of Less Dead.

Thank you all for all your constant support and words of encouragement.

The surprise I had regarding this book is... *drum roll* A SECOND BOOK!!!

It's going to be called More Alive and will be centered on the evolution of Ezra and Enid's relationship. There won't be murder or mystery or anything heavy. Just a lot of sex and cute fluffy shit (I wish I was kidding. I'm currently writing it and there's a very steamy sex scene just at the beginning of the book).

It will also MAINLY have Enid POVs more than Ezra's because this book's main focus is how she sees the relationship evolve whereas in Less Dead it was the opposite (Ezra's input).

Anyway, it's coming off great but I think I'll wait before I actually publish it maybe to let Less Dead reach more than 30k, maybe to give you room to read Less Dead from the beginning again and remember small details and moments that will be of great importance in More Alive. Nonetheless, I hope you'll enjoy More Alive when it will be published.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I'm removing Galaxies Untold (my other story) from Wattpad until I feel more convinced with the plot and storyline.

I have started a new book. It's called "Demonic Love Mission". I dreamed about the story once and decided to write it the next day. it's coming off great and I believe my writing has really evolved since Less Dead.

It's kind of like, well, you could say a Teen Fiction with Mature content (cussing, mentions of sex, violence, etc...) that has a romantic comedy twist to it despite the book having mature themes such as mentions of mental illnesses.

Check it out if you feel like it, it would mean a lot.

Aaaaaaand that's a wrap on the long ass author note.

Have a great puppies :)

I love you immensely and thank you again! <3

~M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 4.6K 17
Wednesday gets kicked out of her old school for attacking the swim team. Her parents send her to Nevermore, where there is a mystery that she needs t...
43.3K 840 25
It's been a year since Wednesday has step foot in Nevermore Academy, due to the incidents of last year, most of the school needed to be redone, as we...
426K 18.6K 45
Maria Ivanov didn't give a shit no more. She likes to cause trouble. A mischief maker. A rebellious teen. A werewolf. What happens when she moves to...
57.7K 813 22
Wednesday and Enid return to Nevermore for their next semester. Enid is having a hard time as she seems to grow feelings for Wednesday. But she's not...