Elizabeth Swann's Sister - De...

By Courtney98xo

This story follows on the adventures of Anne Swann and her friends and family. From my first book Elizabeth S... More

Actors and Actresses
Part 1. So Much For My Happy Ending
Part 2. Mademoiselle Hallthorpe.
Part 3. A Best Friend Whom Understands
Part 4. Arrested On What Charges?
Part 5. The Black Cells
Part 6. Father And Will To The Rescue.
Part 7. Cutler Beckett's Office
Part 8. Confronting Beckett And Setting Sail.
Part 9. James Is That You?.
Part 10. Who In The World Is Davy Jones?.
Part 11. Sharing A Cabin
Part 12. Can That Traitor Persuade Me?.
Part 14. The Heart Of Davy Jones.
Part 15. Sword Fighting And Creatures Of The Deep.
Part 16. Doctor James Norrington.
Part 17. Food And Pillow Fight.
Part 18. A Twist In Love.
Part 19. Friends To Lovers, Then Strangers Again.

Part 13. Curiosity.

167 9 2
By Courtney98xo

Whilst I left Elizabeth to sulk upon the stairs, I went to help Thomas with his chores. Which was to take the barrels of rum down into the cargo hold, each of us rolling one barrel along the deck at a time and then two men down below hauled the barrel down into the hold and rolled it into position. I have to say it twas heavy and sweaty work, I suppose it did not help what with the glistening hot sun, still high above in the sky, the sweat was pouring down my back, from having to walk backwards and forwards and rolling the heavy barrels down to near the hold.

At one point, I felt as though I may pass out from heat exhaustion, so I stopped to take a breath resting myself up against the starboard side and thankfully one of the crew came with a silver tankard filled with crystal, clear, cool water. I happily took it from him and guzzled down the contents without stopping to take a breath, finally gasping for air, as I had finished. I wiped my mouth on my sleeve and I was just about to take off off sweaty, itchy tricorn hat, when I caught the attention of James, who was still on his hands and knees swabbing the deck. "Thirsty work isn't it?". He called over to me. As I was not listening properly, from being in my own thoughts, of how hot and sweaty I was, I missed heard him. Thomas by this point was down below, helping the men lift the cargo into the holds, so I assume he was talking to me.

"Hmm, oh yes, yes it tis, indeed". I said gruffly and out of breath, whilst bending down and placing my hands upon my knees trying to breathe more easily. Trying not to show my face, even though at this point my complexion would be nothing to gaze upon, for I knew my face would be red and blotchy from the hot sun scorching it and not too mention the sweat dripping down each side of it. James chuckled and then continued to work, scrubbing away at the wood upon the deck. "Aren't you flustered at all?". I asked him, a little taken back by talking so much to him, incase it revealed whom I truly was. "Only a little, for sailing the seas all these years has made me have some sort of immunity to it, so it may seem.

"Oh yes I heard about your quest to find mighty old Jack over there". I said, whilst pointing over to Jack whom was up at the helm, looking out to sea with his telescope. "Yes and it twas a quest which failed me greatly". James sighed, as he stopped scrubbing for a moment and looked to the floor. "How so?". I asked again, for goodness sake Anne, enough with all the questions, I thought to myself. "Well my dear Anthony, look at me, I'm here upon a pirate ship, swabbing the deck, when I once was a commanding naval officer, who was in charge of a whole ship and I was the one whom gave orders, to people like him, not him giving them to me!". James bellowed the last sentence, as he roughly pointed up towards Jack, as he leant back upon his knees and then fell forward on all fours again.

"But you mustn't have failed completely, I mean your still alive for one thing". I replied. "So it may seem that way, but that twas not my doing, no my doing was being a stupid fool into leaving my Fiancé behind and into thinking I could go and chase and capture an idiotic man called Jack Sparrow, when all the while I was not concentrating on what matter most and that was to be at home and marrying the woman I love dearly, no that was entirely her doing for me being here today". James said. "How so, for she was at home was she not?". I replied. "Oh yes she was and I hope to still be at home, safe and hopefully awaiting my return and that she hasn't moved on to some other man, no it twas just the thought of her that kept me alive, the thought of coming home to her and spending the rest of my life with her, gave me the strength to continue". James continued.

"She sounds like a tremendous woman". I said. "Indeed". He replied. "I would show you a picture of her magnificent beauty, but sadly I don't have one on my person". He continued, as he placed his hands upon his coat pockets. "Oh you don't have to show me a picture James, you could describe her for me if you like, then I can imagine her, not in anway unruly or raunchy, if I may say, but some people say I have a way with my imagination it would seem, I used to be the best story teller upon my vessel, I shall have you know". I told him, seriously Anne, how you are making these lies up as you go along, is beyond me, I thought to myself. I then walked over my head pointed down towards the floor so he should not see my face and stood next to James, as he was still upon the floor, I leant back and rested my arms upon the port side.

James smiled slightly. "Very well, she is the most beautiful woman I had ever set my eyes upon, for it were not her eyes that drew my attention but it twas infact her hair...". "Her hair?". I questioned, interrupting him. "Yes, for her hair is like fire, when the sun hits it, tis like watching flames dance upon the burning fire, tis a colour which I had never seen so vibrant and beautiful before, for it helps capture the essences of passion that coils within my soul, each time I look at her and her eyes, oh her eyes are like looking into the deepest bluest part of the Caribbean ocean, mixed with the sweet English grass back home". He said. "Very well so, so far I've established she must be a red head and has greeny-blue eyes a perfect mixture of land and sea I presume". I replied, with a smile on my face, as I bit my bottom lip trying not to become all giddy. "Precisely". James replied. "What else?". I asked, as I wanted to know more, about what he truly thought of me, even though I was already weak at the knees and needed to prop myself up even further onto the port side.

"My good man, I'm afraid that shall I go on, I shall bore you to tears, for there are no words within the english language, that can describe the love and devotion that I have for her, for she is the most kind hearted, passionate, daring, devoted, selfless woman I have ever met!". He said. I reached down and placed my hand down upon his shoulder, trying my hardest to grip hard, as I knew men have a sharp firm grip. "She's sounds like a rare diamond in the ocean, your lucky to have each other". I said within his ear. "She is". He replied. "What's her name?". I asked. "Anne!". He exclaimed boldy. "Her name's Anne, she's Miss Swann's sister". James said, as he pointed to Elizabeth who was still sulking upon the stairs.

"Have you asked her how she is?". I asked. "I've tried but everytime I do, I get nothing she just clams up, I suppose she is only doing it to spite me, since I left her sister at the altar sort of speak, maybe she is showing signs of her sisters anger perhaps, maybe Anne is enraged with anger for me and she is showing it through her sister, even Anne's childhood friend dear Thomas, won't tell me much". James said. "Would you like me to ask them how she's doing, perhaps they may talk to someone else?". I asked. "If you could my dear friend that would be magnificent thank you, tis very kind of you to offer". He replied. "I'll go and have a word now if you like?". I said, as I then prized myself from off the port side and steadied my sea legs, as I thought I might have fainted there and then. James said nothing other than nod and I made my way over towards Elizabeth, whom was still upon the stairs.

I was just about to speak, when Jack came swaying over towards us, half empty bottle of rum in his right hand. He then pushed me out the way slightly and then plonked his behind next to Elizabeth. "Er, do you mind". I seethed, only to be ignored by him, as he began to speak to Elizabeth, who was not even looking at him, except she just sat there with an annoyed expression upon her face. "My intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled". Jack slurred into Elizabeth's left ear. "Oh yes, here comes Dr. Sparrow now is it?". I said sarcastically, in my Anne voice, quietly so no one else could hear. "I just thought I'd be married by now, I'm so ready to be married". Elizabeth said, with a slight quivering lip.

I placed my hand upon her right shoulder and gave it a small squeeze. "He will be alive and marrying you in no time Elizabeth, you mustn't worry so". I replied softly, as I tucked a strand of her hair out of her face, like she had done to me many times before. Meanwhile, I turned to look at Jack, who sat there with a disgusted, be-mused look upon his face. He then said nothing other than, pull the cork from the rum bottle and offer it to Elizabeth, who gladly took it from him and took a long hard swig of it's contents, before passing it to me, I took it firmly within my grip and looked at it slightly for a moment, a bit hesitant to take a sip, until courage came over me and I let the hot burning liquid touch my lips and scorch my tongue, as it burned my throat going down into my stomach, causing it to ache slightly. I then handed to back to Elizabeth, who took it from me and took another sip.

"You know, Lizzie, I am Captain of a ship and being captain of a ship, I could infact perform a marr-i-age, right here, right on this deck, right...now". Jack paused slightly before saying the last word quiet seductively in Elizabeth's face. I turned my face away and gagged slightly, those two would kill each other before making it down the alter, I thought to myself. Elizabeth then scoffed in disgust and handed him back the bottle, before beginning to stand up from sitting on the steps. "No thank you". She replied bluntly, as she began to walk away, but Jack followed, like a lost puppy. "Why not?". He asked. "We are very much alike you and I, I and you, us". He continued. "Forget it Jack, she isn't interested". I interjected, as I went to pull his arm, but he shrugged me off.

Elizabeth then stopped and leaned over the starboard side and looked out to the ocean not looking at Jack. "Oh, except for a sense of honor and decency and a moral center... and personal hygiene". Elizabeth replied, as she turned to look at him, with an agreed look in her eye. Jack then lifted up his arm and began to sniff his armpit. "No dignity for one's self either". I interjected. Jack ignored us and continued. "Trifles". He began. "You will come over to my side, I know it". He told her. "Both of you". He continued, as he looked at me. "You seem very certain". Elizabeth replied. "Indeed". I added. "One word love, curiosity". He said to Elizabeth. "You both long for freedom, you both long to do what you want to do, because you both want it". He continued. "To act on selfish impulse, you both want to see what it's like, one day, you both won't be able to resist". He said.

I simply just scoffed and crossed my arms, as I turned my attention towards James, whom was now standing talking with one of the crew, I smiled softly at him, before I turned back to the duo."Why doesn't your compass work?". Elizabeth asked, trying to change the topic of conversation. Jack took a looking pause before speaking. "My compass works fine". Is that all he thinks about, I thought to myself. "Because you and I are alike and there will come a moment when you have a chance to show it". Elizabeth said to him. "To do the right thing". She continued. "I love those moments, I like to wave at them as they pass by". Jack replied, smugly as he walked forward slightly waving out to sea.

"You'll have the chance to do something, something courageous". Elizabeth said, as she went and stood next to him. "Yes most definitely". I replied, as I went and stood on the opposite side of him, so he was inbetween us. "And when you do, you'll discover something, that your a good man". Elizabeth said. "Yes a very good one". I swooned slightly. Jack looked smugly at us both, before speaking. "All evidence to the contrary". He said. "Oh, I have faith in you". Elizabeth replied. "Me too". I said. "Want to know why?". Elizabeth asked. "Do tell dearie". Jack replied. Elizabeth then turned and looked smugly at him, both her arms stretched out towards her back clutching onto the port side. "Curiosity". She swooned slightly. "Your going to want it". I injected, as I too leant my back towards the port side and looked at him.

"A chance to be admired and gain the rewards that follow". Elizabeth added. "You won't be able to resist". I replied, as both our faces were now inches from Jack's, as we tried to seduce him slightly, play him at his own game, sort of speak. Although I did have slight difficulty, as I had to stand upon my tiptoes to do so."You're going to want to know, what it tastes like". Elizabeth said, as she started to lean further and further up to Jack's face, inches away from their lips touching. Jack stood there mouth open wide shocked, at Elizabeth's swoonful outburst. "I do want to know what it tastes like". Jack said, as he turned slightly facing Elizabeth. "But seeing as your a good man". I injected, pulling his arm slightly, so that he was not so close to Elizabeth's face, incase he got bad intentions.

But my actions were to late, as he then lifted his hand and stroked Elizabeth's right cheek and then ran it slightly through her hair. "I know that you'd never put myself or Anne into a position, that would compromise our honor". Elizabeth swooned, but Jack must have thought she had other intentions, as he looked as though he was going into kiss her, until he stopped and looked at his hand with horror smeared upon his face. From what I could see it twas something black starting to grow upon his left palm. He then quickly clamped shut his hand and closed his mouth. "I'm proud of you Jack". Elizabeth told him. There was a short silence between us, until it twas interrupted by a almighty cry out, from the crows nest. "Land Ho!". Gibbs bellowed out.

We all then walked over to the port side, to take in the beautiful view of the island before us. Luckily for us, the sun had been cast behind the clouds, so we could get a better view, as the sun was not within our eyes. Thomas stood by my side and James on the other. "What twas all that about with Elizabeth and Jack and not to mention yourself?". He asked. "Twas nothing, Elizabeth was just trying to get him to tell her why the compass won't work". I whispered to him, in fear James might hear. We both were about to walk away and help prepare the long boats, when James pulled my arm slightly, I nodded to Thomas to tell him to go on ahead. Whilst I bent my head down towards the deck, so James may not see my face.

"Forgive me Mr Taylor, but did Miss Swann happen to mention anything?". "Please call me Anthony, Mr Taylor was my father or so I suppose, Er, she did as it happens, she told me that her sister misses you dearly and that she is grief striken, to think that you aren't on this mortal coil anymore". I said, as I made that up upon the spot. "Oh, so she is still devoted to me?". He replied rhetorically. "Of course she is and I bet there wouldn't be a reason as to why she shouldn't be, even if you did leave her bursting with curiosity, as to your whereabouts and worried stricken with grief, thinking that the worst has happened to you and that she may never be happy again without you". I replied gruffly. "Will you please tell Elizabeth that upon my return to her, that I shall shower her with much love and devotion and I will go above and beyond to make it up to her, whatver it takes". He replied. "Very well". Was all I said, as I slapped him on the back.

Although inside, I was trying my best not to show my true identity and ruin everything by jumping into his arms and never letting him go again. Instead I lead him down the ladders and into the long boats, where once my feet had touched the longboat, I felt as though I was to go overboard, but was saved by James, whom grabbed hold of my hand and squeezed it hard to prevent me from slipping out of his grip. We both stopped and stared at each other for a bewildered moment, I took a sharp short breath in, before letting it back out again, blinking my eyes slowly at him, before I realised what I was doing, I quickly caught the attention of Elizabeth and Thomas, whom gave me a stern look, as though to let go. I then turned back to James.

"Thank you mate". I returned back to my manly form and snathced my hand away from his, when I truly didn't want too, for having his hand within mine again, I had almost forgotten what it had felt like, the feeling of his warm calouised hand within mine, gripping it tightly keeping me close by his side as we promenaded down the docks and I came back to reality and slapped him on the back once again and plonked myself down beside him in the boat, Thomas and Elizabeth sat beside each other, whilst Pintel and Raggeti were rowing the boat and Jack was sitting proudly up front, with his compass outstretched infront of him. James looked shocked at me for a moment, before replying. "No problem". He replied. Before the boat was eventually being rowed to the island.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 236 6
Fanfiction about the first Pirates movie: The Curse of the Black Pearl. You are Will's sister, Y/N Turner. You and Will were both found by Governor S...
32.7K 884 27
Jack's younger sister (Y/N) goes on the adventure of a lifetime sailing the high seas with her best friend Will on a mission to find her long lost br...
239K 6.7K 26
BOOK ONE | The Curse of the Black Pearl | Victoria Swann's fantasies were always filled with thoughts of exploration and discovery as she grew up. Of...
278K 6.9K 18
Isabelle Marie Swann had a simple life. The second daughter of the governor, best friend to a blacksmith, and a proper lady. Of course, that is in ti...