Grumpy x Sunshine Drabbles

By anonymityisfunwriter

Grumpy x Sunshine Drabbles with a hint of outtakes from Two Sides of The Same Coin More

Affection
Alpine
The Interrogation (TSOTSC Outtake)
Superhero Landing
On Your Left
Your Worst Nightmare
The Bake Sale Outtake
Flying
Peter
Affection (Part 2)
Flufftober: "You've told your parents?"
Flufftober: Supporting Silly Quirks/Hobbies
Flufftober: "Oh no, you're a Morning person!"
Flufftober: Shooting Stars
Flufftober: "Accidents Don't Happen Accidentally"
Flufftober: 'I hate you' - 'I love you too'
Flufftober: All The Hugs
Flufftober: Blankets
Flufftober: Falling Asleep Together
Flufftober: Dear Diary
Flufftober: Slow Dancing
Halloween
Flufftober: A Sweet Treat (Halloween Pt.2)
Fury Finds Out
Comfortember: Exhaustion
Comfortember: Lost
Comfortember: Comfort Item
Comfortember: Cold
Comfortember: Self-Care
Comfortember: Flowers
Comfortember: Game Night
Comfortember: Frozen
The Friends We Made Along The Way
A Quiet Moment
First Draft of the Grumpy Sunshine Series
Christmas Tree Farm
O, Christmas Tree, O, Christmas Tree
Pal-entine's Day
Remember Your Training
Question...?
Dad
The Monologue
An Order
You're My Best Friend
Advice
The Cooking Conflict
In The Noon Of Night
The Jar
Awesome
Jealous Girl
Even In A Burning Building
Fury Finds Out (Part 2)
Mjolnir
Mjolnir - Part 2
F is For Friends Who Do Stuff Together
I Don't Like You
Training
Meeting The Parents (Part 1)
Meeting The Parents (Part 2)
Let Me Help You
Close To You
Every Part of You
Never Hurt You

Comfortember: Anxiety Attack

192 10 0
By anonymityisfunwriter

People had a lot of misconceptions about Bucky. They had a lot of misconceptions about mental health. It really only made sense that they had a lot of misconceptions about Bucky's mental health.

People often thought of anxiety attacks as rocking back and forth, tears streaming down flushed cheeks, a heart beating so fast that it felt like it would break free from its cage, and a lot of other actions that were generally untrue for Bucky.

He sat and stared most of the time. Completely motionless, unblinking, unmoving, like the smallest motion would break him into a million little pieces.

His heart raced, but it didn't feel like it raced. It was like his heart had been ripped out before him. He couldn't feel its beat. Sometimes, he was truly convinced that his heart no longer beat. It was the only thing that could explain the numb, lifeless, soul-killing feeling that took root in the marrow of his bones.

It was like his exterior had to freeze in order to keep up with his racing interior.

His eyes naturally fall on a blank spot on the wall. He sits and stares so intently that the wall loses all characteristics, all noises sound so distant they can't reach his muddled mind, he's nothing and everything in this moment.

In the distance, he hears you chirp a greeting as you throw the front door open.

He wants it to faze him, for the sound to snap it out of him, but it doesn't. He's trapped within himself.

Catatonic.

"Honey?" you call.

He can hear your footsteps getting closer. In this state of mind, he wonders if this will be the time you've finally had enough of him. That you can't take it when he gets like this. That you need a person who isn't so... fucked in the head.

"Oh," you quietly breathe.

He waits for it.

For the inevitable to happen.

Maybe you'll be kind about it, suggest he get more help.

Maybe you'll tell him that you can still be friends.

Maybe, one day, if he wasn't too late, he'd become worthy of calling himself yours.

But it's not an 'oh' of disappointment, not one of frustration, of sadness, and God forbid, not one of pity.

It's just an 'oh'.

A sound of acceptance and understanding.

You don't touch him. You don't speak. You don't do anything.

You take a seat next to him on the couch, just close enough that he can feel the warmth of your proximity, just enough to let him know that you're right there with him.

And just like all those times before, he slowly finds his way back to himself, back to you. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.2K 498 30
Stories about Loki x Reader or Bucky x Reader. **SMUT WARNING** Requested by my friend uncleslumbago. Enjoy girlfriend!
230K 4.8K 26
Bucky x reader fluffy one shots.
1.7K 54 22
One-shots featuring Steve and Bucky! Fluff, Angst, and Whump! Story Rankings: #1 in buckyxsteve (9/7/2024)
174K 5.1K 105
★彡 Oneshots 彡★ |ғℓυғғ♡|Sℳυ✞☆|angst◇| Mostly gonna be Sambucky