Champion: A Songs Of War Fanf...

KnightOfShrooms tarafından

Ardonia fights its bloodiest war in history. The Voltaris strike against the other clans for the first time i... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Announcement
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Notice
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Mid-Part Notice
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Delay
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-Seven

72 1 0
KnightOfShrooms tarafından

Ingressus grunted as he raised his prime to shield himself from the dragon's flame. He slashed at its neck just as it ran out of breath, running down the hill as the beast fell to the ground. He watched Acchilean get up and pursue him, the Sendaris soldier close behind. Whirling around, he used his MobilliPrime to dash far out of their reach and into a platoon of Felinas.

"Contact, ready blades!" the platoon leader yelled before Ingressus cut open his stomach. Slashing at his foes, the troops' organs spilled out as Ingressus killed them one by one. Stabbing his sword into the heart of the last remaining Felina, Ingressus ran towards Chronos, energized by his primes. Rendore dueled against the King of the Nether, and just as the Enderknight was about to land a strike, Ingressus landed on the ground in front of him.

"Go back to your home," he said. "Surrender."

Rendore ignored him, instead pressing on. His dragon flanked him, spitting vicious purple flames as it went. Ender Dragons incinerated dozens of Netherans, and Ardoni forces began to push back against their hellish foes. Rendore charged at Ingressus, who stopped the king in his tracks with the SupportiPrime.

"End your people's suffering," Ingressus said quietly to Rendore. "Call a retreat now."

Rendore jerked his head free of the green casing that held him, and bashed his sword arm out of its restrains. Worried, Ingressus went for a killing blow, but Rendore dodged the attack and swept at a Ingressus' arm. Getting into a ready stance, the three leaders turned to each other, ready for assault.

Thalleous and Acchilean gave up their chase on Ingressus as they saw him speed away.

"Retake our camp's hill," Acchilean said. "We must gain the high ground."

Nodding, Thalleous followed Acchilean as he ran to the clump of Netherans occupying the tactical ground. The two Ardoni smashed in, slashing at Netheran's rocky skin. Using his Aggresium song, Thalleous bashed a Netheran onto the ground. Stabbing at his enemy's heart, he looked up, his sword following his gaze. Bashing into another foe, he cut off its leg just as it tried to jump him. Screaming in agony, molten blood dripped from its wound just as Thalleous used his Aggroquake on a third Netheran. A Wither's cry of rage sounded just as its central head fell off in the distance. Punctuating this was the yells of the wounded Netheran. Thalleous brought his sword down into the wounded soldier's face, blood staining his gleaming blade. He brought his greatsword around, slashing at a fourth Netheran. A few Kaltaris began to rally to the two officers, aiding them in their assault. As the last Netherans dropped, Thalleous surveyed the battlefield, watching Netherans get knocked off hills into valleys, dangerously surrounded by the people of Ardonia.

"Push onward!" he yelled. "Win this fight!"

Ingressus slashed at Rendore as Chronos went in for a heavy assault. Ducking and rolling away from both attacks, he grabbed a Netheran and flung him into his path. Dodging the sentient projectile, the two warriors chased the Enderknight, who responded by signaling his dragon. Ingressus predicted what was coming a second before it did: he created a large shield to protect himself and Chronos just as purple flames surrounded them. Rendore charged at them, his dragon by his side. Breaking the shield, Ingressus responded with his own dash, using his MobiliPrime to get several feet above Rendore. Preparing to stab at the knight's head, Rendore barely dodged out of the way, and Ingressus landed on the ground. Rolling back to his feat, he stared the dragon down. Running at the beast, he gritted his teeth, deflecting balls of fire. Just as his blade was about to hit the dragon's throat, a rogue fireball knocked him back ten feet, dazing and singing him. Chronos' sons, Pythus and Vulcannus, were pulling their troops back around their king in a final stand.

"My sons!" Chronos yelled, bashing Rendore on the head. "Aid me!"

The two warlords ran to their father, knocking Rendore down the hill and into a horde of Mendaris.

"We must retreat," the king said. "Our people are being massacred."

Pythus and Ingressus both widened their eyes. "We had an agreement!"
"The agreement was that we would procure your Primes, not that we would fight your war for you."

"The Agressium Prime-"
"Is not a cause I am willing to send more men to die for," Chronos yelled over the noise of battle.

"Your village raids have lost me more men than I can spare. For the last four months, your promised victory has been fleeing me. Now, they have the Lightbringer on their side. This war is slipping from our grasp."

"We can't run, father!" Pythus yelled. "We can turn this! Our honor-"

"Our brothers-in-arms are dying. I can't lose any more of them. I can't lose you, Pythus. Nor you, Vulcannus," he said, turning to his other son, love for his heirs in his eyes. "For the sake of my people, I must call a retreat."

He took out a horn, made from the tentacle of a ghast. He blew it, and his soldiers knew what to do. Rallying to their portals, they had blazes and wither skeletons destroy the frames as they left.

"May you find your victory, Ingressus," Chronos said solemnly. "I'm sorry, but I can't send my sons to die."

"But you're willing to condemn the Voltaris?" Ingressus said coldly. Chronos merely shook his head, walking through the portal with Vulcannus. Pythus grimaced, looking like he wanted to argue further, but it was no use: his father had made up his mind. Giving Ardonia one last hateful look, he stepped through the purple frame as a blaze blew it to bits.

Ingressus yelled in rage at the sky, begging the heavens for a purpose for all this, for the war slowly turning against him, until now. He watched Tygren flee from the new Champion, slitting the throat of a Mendaris. Just as he was about to call for a retreat to Mount Velgrin, two Ardoni ran at him. A Nestoris and a Sendaris. One held a gleaming broadsword. The other, an all-too-familiar staff.

Acchilean and Thalleous had heard all they needed to. The war was as good as won now: critical advantages had all accumulated into this moment. Now, they could end the war here, while the Voltaris were distracted, fighting for their lives, and the Netherans trying to escape.

"No!" Ingressus yelled, furious at the universe for sending his rival to him now. "You fool of a-" The Sendaris used an Aggroquake Song to shatter Ingressus' balance. As the two advanced on him at breakneck speed, Ingressus flashed out of the way using his MobiliPrime, right behind his foes. Charging at them, they barely realized where he was before they dodged an attack that would have killed them both.

"Retreat!" Ingressus yelled as he dueled the two Lieutenants. "Fall back to Velgrin, brothers!"

The Voltaris fired a handful of arrows at Ingressus' enemies, who collapsed to the ground as projectiles rained onto them from the sky. Staring down at the two soldiers, Ingressus waited a brief moment before joining his clansmen in fleeing the battle. Picking arrows from their arms and knees, the Lieutenants stared at the running clan.

"Captain Sarrettus," a young Sendaris soldier asked. "Should we pursue?"

Sarrettus, standing only fifteen feet from his two friends, gave them a harrowed look.

"These officers need healing, as do many others," the Champion said. "Remain here while I consult the Masters."

Three days later, Acchilean, Sarrettus, Thalleous, Rendore, Herobrine, and the four Masters sat on the ground in a large tent. An Ardoni named Tellerous had been appointed Master of the Nestoris, and now sat at his first meeting with his peers.

"The Nether told Ingressus they were retreating," Thalleous said. "If we don't attack Velgrin now, they will recoup and begin another round of assaults."

"We also must recoup," said Melkor. "Our forces must meet and strategize."

Thallous exhaled. "Master Melkor, we could send envoys to our forces, have them meet at Velgrin-"

"Don't contradict me, Lieutenant!" the weary Sendaris master yelled. Tellerous gritted his teeth.

"We ought to strike," Herobrine said. "Did your champions not raid Velgrin countless times? Weaken them beyond return this time. End this war!"

"Perhaps we ought to vote upon the matter," the Mendaris master suggested.

"There would be four participants. It wouldn't work," sighed the Kaltaris master.

"There would be five!" Herobrine yelled, his eyes flashing.

"Might I also lend my opinion?" inquired Rendore. "My knights have a stake in this, as well."

"The Champion of the Ardoni traditionally voted on wartime affairs," Tellerous said, his deep-orange markings glowing in the tent. "That would be seven."

The masters looked at each other, then nodded. "Very well," spoke Melkor. "We'll vote. All in fav-"

"These Lieutenants," Herobrine said. "They've contributed magnificently to the war effort. They're the reason we speak now. They ought to participate."

Melkor breathed heavily, staring down the Primordial. "Lieutenants? Voting at a Master's council! That's absurd!"

"This whole war has been absurd," said Rendore. "Perhaps the time for a breach in protocol is now."

Melkor stood tensely for an uncomfortable amount of time, then nodded imperceptibly. "They...They can vote, for the Prime's sake! All in favor of a final assault that would probably weaken our militias beyond imagination?"

Herobrine raised his hand first. Then Rendore. Thalleous, confused by this honor, put his clenched fist into the air. Tentatively, Acchilean followed. The masters of the Nestoris and Mendaris came last.

"All opposed?"

The Kaltaris master eagerly stood, putting his staff up in his hand. Melkor raised his palm.

"Seven to two," he whispered.

"What was that, Master Melkor?" Herobrine asked, the shadow of a grin on his face.

"Seven to two, in favor."

"Then the 'ayes' have it!" Herobrine yelled. "We prepare an assault!"

Author's Note:

Hello, all. I quite like this weekly publishing schedule: I think I'll keep it for now.

Give me your thoughts below, or via a discord DM. My name has changed: It's now MasonKnight#1400.

Godspeed,

-KOS

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

3K 200 21
"To save Ardonia, they may have to destroy themselves..." The Great War ravaged the land of Ardonia and the Tidesinger sought to put an end to the wa...
1.4K 16 37
The Ardoni Legacy is a fan franchise of 'Songs of War' by Black Plasma Studios (well, now 'Squared Media') This story is about a young girl named 'Li...
2.1K 75 12
A story describing The Great War, the formation of the Challengers, and the origins of some characters. Important: All characters (other than Varek)...
342 2 13
15 years after the second Great War, Galleous Sendaris was still mourning the loss of his son, Hubris Nestoris-Sendaris. But ever since a new threat...