Chapter Thirty-Seven

Ingressus grunted as he raised his prime to shield himself from the dragon's flame. He slashed at its neck just as it ran out of breath, running down the hill as the beast fell to the ground. He watched Acchilean get up and pursue him, the Sendaris soldier close behind. Whirling around, he used his MobilliPrime to dash far out of their reach and into a platoon of Felinas.

"Contact, ready blades!" the platoon leader yelled before Ingressus cut open his stomach. Slashing at his foes, the troops' organs spilled out as Ingressus killed them one by one. Stabbing his sword into the heart of the last remaining Felina, Ingressus ran towards Chronos, energized by his primes. Rendore dueled against the King of the Nether, and just as the Enderknight was about to land a strike, Ingressus landed on the ground in front of him.

"Go back to your home," he said. "Surrender."

Rendore ignored him, instead pressing on. His dragon flanked him, spitting vicious purple flames as it went. Ender Dragons incinerated dozens of Netherans, and Ardoni forces began to push back against their hellish foes. Rendore charged at Ingressus, who stopped the king in his tracks with the SupportiPrime.

"End your people's suffering," Ingressus said quietly to Rendore. "Call a retreat now."

Rendore jerked his head free of the green casing that held him, and bashed his sword arm out of its restrains. Worried, Ingressus went for a killing blow, but Rendore dodged the attack and swept at a Ingressus' arm. Getting into a ready stance, the three leaders turned to each other, ready for assault.

Thalleous and Acchilean gave up their chase on Ingressus as they saw him speed away.

"Retake our camp's hill," Acchilean said. "We must gain the high ground."

Nodding, Thalleous followed Acchilean as he ran to the clump of Netherans occupying the tactical ground. The two Ardoni smashed in, slashing at Netheran's rocky skin. Using his Aggresium song, Thalleous bashed a Netheran onto the ground. Stabbing at his enemy's heart, he looked up, his sword following his gaze. Bashing into another foe, he cut off its leg just as it tried to jump him. Screaming in agony, molten blood dripped from its wound just as Thalleous used his Aggroquake on a third Netheran. A Wither's cry of rage sounded just as its central head fell off in the distance. Punctuating this was the yells of the wounded Netheran. Thalleous brought his sword down into the wounded soldier's face, blood staining his gleaming blade. He brought his greatsword around, slashing at a fourth Netheran. A few Kaltaris began to rally to the two officers, aiding them in their assault. As the last Netherans dropped, Thalleous surveyed the battlefield, watching Netherans get knocked off hills into valleys, dangerously surrounded by the people of Ardonia.

"Push onward!" he yelled. "Win this fight!"

Ingressus slashed at Rendore as Chronos went in for a heavy assault. Ducking and rolling away from both attacks, he grabbed a Netheran and flung him into his path. Dodging the sentient projectile, the two warriors chased the Enderknight, who responded by signaling his dragon. Ingressus predicted what was coming a second before it did: he created a large shield to protect himself and Chronos just as purple flames surrounded them. Rendore charged at them, his dragon by his side. Breaking the shield, Ingressus responded with his own dash, using his MobiliPrime to get several feet above Rendore. Preparing to stab at the knight's head, Rendore barely dodged out of the way, and Ingressus landed on the ground. Rolling back to his feat, he stared the dragon down. Running at the beast, he gritted his teeth, deflecting balls of fire. Just as his blade was about to hit the dragon's throat, a rogue fireball knocked him back ten feet, dazing and singing him. Chronos' sons, Pythus and Vulcannus, were pulling their troops back around their king in a final stand.