Chapter Thirty-Three

Thalleous stared curiously at Herobrine. Acchilean, despite clearly having planned this out, still seemed quite nervous. The Lightning God stood before the ardoni, surveying them carefully.

"Stormbringer," Wreaforn said, kneeling in respect. "You have given us your presence. I ask that you aid us in our hour of war."

Herobrine turned to face the Mendaris master.

"Purge us of the evil that befalls us, as you have done before!"

Herobrine's eyes flashed brighter for a split second.

"What know you of what I have done?" The booming thunder spoke again, rattling Thalleous' ears.

"Your deeds are legendary. You were cast aside by the gods, so you turned to us for companionship. Please, forget not what the ardoni did for you!" Wreaforn slowly stood, gripping his staff tightly.

Herobrine paused for a moment, then stared directly at Thalleous. "Sendaris," he said.

Thalleous' brow furrowed. "Yes?"

"You are a soldier in this war?" Herobrine must have noticed his sword and distinctive pauldron.

"I am," he said.

"The others?" The sky shook as Herobrine spoke.

"Three other clans and the others species have rallied against The Nether and the Voltaris, who have been waging war against us for centuries. Now they allied and ramped up their assault."

Herobrine cocked his head. "The red ones?"

Thalleous, slightly confused, nodded. "Yes, the red ones."

Herobrine shook his head. "They created the Primes for you all. Why have they betrayed you?"'

"I don't know," Thalleous said. "Those who do are dead."

The Lightblade clenched and unclenched his fists. Then, he turned once more to Wreaforn.

"I know that staff," he said. "You're the Mendaris master?"

Wreaforn nodded. "Your memory of Ardonia is impeccable."

Herobrine looked around. "There are other masters. Where are they?"

Wreaforn shifted uncomfortably. "You can probably guess where the Voltaris master is."

Herobrine clenched his jaw. "I can. But where are the bearers of Sendar, Kaltar, and Nestor?"

Wreaforn wriggled again. "The bearer of Nestor is dead. We are trying to find another. The others, they..." he paused. "Don't believe you exist."

Herobrine's eyes flared. "I will show them why that is false." He promptly began walking, thunder flashing above him, lightning bolts arcing in his face. The ardoni followed him.

"Please, don't hurt them," Wreaforn said. "They're just-"

"I will purge them of their unbelief," Herobrine said simply. He seemed to know the area quite well, as he reached the place of the masters within a few minutes.

"Ardoni masters!" he yelled. Melkor stood, looking around. Then, he saw Herobrine.

"Who are you?" Melkor said. "Why has this human disturbed our conference?"

"Human?" Herobrine said indignantly. "Human, you call me? I am a primordial, I am the God of Lightning!"

A bolt engulfed the room, setting it on fire. The wooden gazebo began to collapse.

"I am Herobrine! I have come to repay your ancestors for their kindness. Have I made a mistake?!"

His eyes quaking, the flames surrounding him, the Kaltaris and Sendaris inclined their heads.

"You have not," Melkor said.

Thalleous got behind Acchilean. "I see why we summoned him. He'll do well in battle."

The Nestoris turned to face him. "If he wills it."

That night, Sarrettus, Thalleous, and Acchilean sat on the grass, staring up at the pale, vigilant moon.

"What's that on your neck?" Thalleous asked the captain. "That scar?"

"An old slash that cauterized quickly," Sarrettus said. "A flaming sword of the Nether. A relic of when I lost my siblings."

Thalleous nodded. This was a touchy subject, and one he seldom enjoyed bringing up.

"I saw you with the prime in the last battle," Acchilean said. "You fought well."

Sarrettus shook his head. "Thalleous did better. He was able to resist the pull of the Prime. That's the true mark of a Champion."

Acchilean concurred. "Some say that the Voltaris were robbed of the Primes, and that's why the wars began."

Thalleous looked at Acchilean. "Do you believe it?" he inquired.

The Nestoris looked downward. "I don't know. It could be a legend intended to cause enmity, or it could be truth."

Sarrettus stared at the Aggroprime, then at the stars. "Maybe the question is whether we would've taken them."

Acchilean turned to face Sarrettus. "Perhaps you're right, captain."

Author's Note:

Hello, all. It's been a week since I last published, so please forgive me for that. Chapter 34 should come out around Monday.

Champion: A Songs Of War FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara