In The Shadow of Love // Seba...

By Alohamora00

After a perfect end to 5th year and a fantastic summer, the Slytherin trio is stronger than ever, you kept in... More

Preface
Chapter 1 - Welcome back to Hogwarts
Chapter 2 - Don't get too comfortable
Chapter 3 - The first of many
Chapter 4 - A trip down memory lane
Chapter 5 - An Unfriendly Welcome
Visuals ✨
Chapter 6 - A mix of emotions
Chapter 8 - You Have My Word
Chapter 9 - Sparks Fly
Author Note!
Chapter 10 - Getting Along
Chapter 11 - A rose between two thorns
Chapter 12 - It was only a matter of time
Chapter 13 - The Plan
Chapter 14 - It's all or nothing
Chapter 15 - You're not doing enough
Chapter 16 - Peaks and Troughs
Chapter 17 - Letting Loose
Chapter 18 - I have to do this
Chapter 19 - Are we too late?
Chapter 20 - Emotions are high
Chapter 21 - The Perfect Moment
Chapter 22 - Christmas Break
Chapter 23 - One last moment of solace
Chapter 24 - The final battle
Epilogue

Chapter 7 - Sebastian Sallow

196 6 1
By Alohamora00

Sebastian Sallow POV 

I make my way into the dormitory when I see Ominis leaning up against his bedpost. 

"What did Y/N want?" Ominis asks. 

"Oh nothing, you know what she's like. She was just trying to get under my skin for something I said to her as a joke the other day" I reply, keeping our flirtatious encounters a secret. I loosen my tie and start getting myself ready for bed. 

"When are you two going to grow up and admit your love for each other?" Ominis says, letting out a sigh. 

"Oh give it a rest Ominis, it's just friendly, I'm not in love with her" I reply bluntly. 

"Sebastian I have known you for a very long time, you care for her deeply, you just either don't know it yet or you are in denial about it" he replies. 

"Good night Ominis" I say, turning my back to him as I pull the covers over me. 

I lay there still, staring at the ceiling, unable to sleep. I've had a lot of sleepless nights since I killed my uncle and lost Anne, it's something that haunted me regularly, the only thing that actually brings me peace and light are reminiscing on my memories with Y/N, the thought of her was starting to occupy every part of my mind, leaving little room for any dark feelings conjured from the events of last year, my happiness depended on her. Even the little arguments, the times she pissed me off, I'm grateful for them all...

***

"We're going to be late, get dressed" Ominis shakes me as my eyes slowly open. I rub my face before eventually bringing myself to sit up. 

"What time is it?" I ask. "We have charms in five minutes" Ominis replies, I watch him as frantically throws my clothing at me. 

"Ominis, you've given me two robes and no trousers" I say letting out a laugh. 

"Well I can't fucking see can I?" He shouts back in a panic. I get myself out of bed and throw on some black trousers with a plain white shirt, my Slytherin tie and my robe, barely having time to brush my teeth before Ominis pulls me out of the door. 

We sprint to charms class and take a seat on one of the back benches "are these seats taken?" I ask "no no, sit!" Adelaide replies, we put ourselves down next to her and Samantha and pull out our books. 

"You're not sleeping again" Ominis says in a low voice. 

"What?" I reply.

"The late mornings, it's because you're not sleeping again" he responds. I don't reply I just let out a scoff and try my best to focus on Professor Ronan's lesson. 

"Right class I want you to work in groups of four and produce a presentation on the charm accio with a physical demonstration of how it is used correctly, you will present it next lesson" Professor Ronan addresses the class. 

"Do you want to work together Ominis?" Samantha says quietly, smiling over at him. I look over at Ominis and nudge him with my arm, knowing full well he has feelings for her. 

"Sure, I'd like that" Ominis responds. 

"We can work as a four!" Adelaide chimes in, staring intensely at me. 

"Erm, sure" I reply, rubbing the back of my neck. 

"Great! Let's meet in the library tonight" Samantha says, me and Ominis simply nod in agreement and exchange short smiles with the two girls. 

I don't like working in groups and I always found Adelaide kind of annoying, but if it meant Ominis got to spend some time with Samantha then it was worth it. He needs something to distract him from constantly third wheeling in mine and Y/N's adventures. 

As the class comes to an end, we start packing away our books and gathering our things, I find myself struggling to focus and have no motivation to sit through my afternoon class, with so much weighing on my mind I needed to escape the castle for a bit. 

"Hey Ominis?" I ask.

"Yes Sebastian?" He replies. 

"Fancy skipping divination and grabbing a drink at the Three Broomsticks, I erm, need a break from this place and could use a friend" I say, almost too embarrassed to ask for a friendly ear. 

"Of course, divination was never really my forte anyway" he says. We gather our things and leave the classroom to leave for Hogsmeade. 

***

I place two butter beers down on the table in front of us as we get settled, we put ourselves in our usual spot upstairs, away from the crowds so we could actually hear ourselves talk. 

"So, what's up?" Ominis asks, taking a sip of his drink. 

"It's Y/N I can't stop thinking about her, she's warm, and kind, and caring, completely selfless.. And honestly, when I am around her I forget who I was and what I did, she makes me a better person" I confess in low tone, looking down into my lap. 

"Merlin, you are in love with her" he gasps in shock. 

"Yeah, I am.. But why are you surprised? You literally said it last night" I question. 

"Sebastian, I was having a joke with you, I didn't realise you actually felt that way" Ominis replies. 

"The worst part is, I don't deserve her" I sigh as I place my head into my hands. Ominis reaches his hand out and puts it on my shoulder.

"You might be right, but that shouldn't stop you" he says softly. I slowly bring my eyes up to meet his before instantly looking back down "what about our friendship, I can't lose her, we can't lose her" I say. 

"You can't go on like this Sebastian, it will only eat away at you and before you know it, you'll end up resenting her" he sighs, sitting back in his chair. 

"I guess you're right, thank's Ominis you're a great friend" I reply, lifting my drink up motioning a cheers in his direction. We sit quietly for a moment as the conversation comes to a natural stop. 

"So, you finally have a date with Samantha" I finally let out with a laugh. 

"It's hardly a date Sebastian, but I suppose a thanks to you is in order, I know you don't like Adelaide that much so I appreciate you putting up with her for me" Ominis smiles. 

"It's the least I could do" I reply. We finish our drinks and take a walk around the shops in Hogsmeade before heading back to the castle in time for dinner.

***

"There you are!" I hear Y/N's voice shout as she runs towards us in the clock tower courtyard. 

"Shit" Ominis lets out under his breath.

"Where have you been? I've been looking for you both all day!" Y/N asks now in an angry tone. 

I glance over at Ominis in hopes he will come out with an answer, but he simply shrugs his shoulders with a disgruntled look on his face. I didn't know what to say, the last thing that I would want her to think is that we are sneaking off to do things without her. 

"We erm, skipped our afternoon class and went to Hogsmeade" I finally let out as I rub the back of my neck, nervous at what her reply might be. 

"Oh right I see" she says bluntly. Fuck she looks upset, but how could I tell her that I've just spent the last four hours confessing my love for her to Ominis? I see Adelaide coming towards us, she couldn't have picked a worse time. 

"Hello Sebastian!" She says waving her hand at me, I simply wave back and offer her a short smile. "Still on for our date later?" She continues. My eyes instantly widen in shock and my only instinct is to look over at Y/N to see her reaction, she looks at me as her face floods with anger, I feel my heart rate increase as I become more uncomfortable by the second. 

"Erm, yeah I'll see you in the library tonight" I respond quietly, she leans in for a hug but I choose not to react, I stand there and take it as I feel Y/N's eyes burning into the side of my head, finally she leaves. 

"Is this some kind of fucking joke?! As if my day hasn't been stressful enough!" She shouts at me, angrily before turning away to storm off. "Y/N wait!" I shout back, but nothing, she continues walking back through the doors to the castle, I kick the ground in anger before placing my hands on top of my head.

"I need to go after her" I say to Ominis. 

"No, give her some time to cool down, neither of you have a rational bone in your bodies when you are like this, let's grab some food and head to the library" he replies. 

We sit down at the Slytherin table, I scanning the room for Y/N's face but she is no where to be seen. I look down and start pushing the food around my plate with my head resting on my free arm, letting out a sigh every so often. 

"Oh Sebastian cheer up, you two can never stay angry at each other for long, let's go and meet the girls, the sooner we get there the quicker we can leave" he jokes as he gets up off the bench. 

"Fine" I reply bluntly. We get up and head to the library, giving the hall one last scan for Y/N before we leave, all I want to do is find her and tell her everything, but Ominis is right, there would be no point in doing it now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 5K 50
ITS BACKK BABES ILY ALL "And where do you think your going, slut" Athena Black is new to Hogwarts, she Hope's for a normal year untill she has an unp...
12.5K 415 18
10 years after the defeat of Ranrok, y/n is still struggling with the nightmares from the events. She is now the Defense Against the Dark Arts profe...
4.1K 162 35
"He is more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. He's always, always in my mind. Not as a pleasure to myself...
12.2K 423 36
A spicy enemies to lovers story...It's now the 7th year at Hogwarts and M/C is hoping for a relaxing year...but life has other plans. Sebastian Sallo...