๐™ก๐™–๐™ฌ๐™ก๐™š๐™จ๐™จ ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฌ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™ง ๏ฟฝ...

By neodr3ams

He was bloodied and bruised and he had only one place to go. "Who did this to you?" She asked. Jeno felt hi... More

๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
1 | Just another win
2 | The Interns
3 | Coffee
4 | Day 1
5 | Aspirin Assassin
6 | Session 1
7 | High School Heart Throbs.
9 | Step 2
10 | Step 3

8 | Court sesh

127 12 8
By neodr3ams

Jeno looked hot.

He looked the best on days he had a case to lawyer up to, at that moment, he had gelled back hair, a strand falling on his forehead.

His suit, jet black, his tie, Dirty Grey.

"I was his first assistant, Ive been there since he was just starting up his business, and to see him like that, his skin, blue. It was so scary" Miss Lee, the first assistant who had resuscitated Nam Dae Ho, said as she wiped a tear away.

Jeno nods comfortingly, "yes you did everything you can Miss Lee" he says, turning around and giving a teasing smile to Mae Hyo as he sits in his chair.

Mae Hyo looks at Jaemin, almost pleadingly, "this could go so south" she whispers as she gets up to dust her black dress and walk towards Miss Lee.

"Miss Lee, do you like Sera? do you think of her as a friend, or maybe just a respectable employee?" Mae Hyo asks.

Miss Lee rolls her eyes, "no, any respect I had is gone, after what she did, I can't even look at her"

"poor you, however-" Mae Hyo begins, as she flipped a folder file and passes it towards the judge.

"My client's colleagues vouched for her and said that you would call her things like, "incompetent" "trash" "whore" and much worse and so on" Mae Hyo states, looking at the judge's reaction and taking note of Miss Lee's reaction.

Miss Lee shakes her head desperately, looking at Jeno for some help, "no that's not true, she's l-"

Mae Hyo cuts her off, "okay fine, wait, let me ask you this" she says, looking at the judge for a nod.

"Miss Lee, you testified you saw a pill on Park Sera's desk on the day of the accident, right?"

She nods,

Mae Hyo locks her eyes with the witness on stand, "louder" she yells a little, scaring Miss Lee

"Objection, she's scaring the witness" Jeno says, standing to her defense.

"Sustained, Ms. Bae, please" The judge says, to which Mae Hyo nods.

She just wanted to shake the witness a little bit.

"Right?" Mae Hyo asks again.

"yes"

"You said it was a yellow pill, similar to the colour of Prosecutor Jeno's tie?" Mae Hyo asks.

"y-yes"

A smile danced slightly on Mae Hyo's lips.

Sudden murmurs echoed the room.

"Miss Lee, Prosecutor Jeno's tie is Grey not yellow, but I would understand why you would say that" Mae Hyo says.

"Are you colourblind, Miss lee?" Mae Hyo asks, the witness was visibly shaken, a little cornered.

Miss Lee looked at Mae Hyo as if she was the worst, like she had murdered her family in front of her.

"Yes, but I promise, there was a pill, I saw it"

Mae Hyo mockingly nods, softening her expression, "I see"

Jeno's tongue swiped the inside of his cheek, his expression dark and angry, "How does she know, Renjun? I put little to no information about it." he whispers.

Renjun shakes his head.

"So could you differentiate, the blue pill on Sera's desk that was the anxiety medication she used to cope working under you, or the yellow pill that was used to poison Mr. Nam?" Mae Hyo asks.

"Sera was acting nervous, she was fidgeting and-"

"maybe it was because of your presence, we all are nervous around our bosses, especially those that slander us" Mae Hyo once again cuts her off, "Miss Lee, please answer the question"

"Is it possible that the pill that you saw on my client's desk was actually just her medication pills?"

Miss Lee shakes again, "I suppose"

Mae Hyo sighs, "thank you for your honesty, Miss Lee"

The interns had their mouth agape, that was such a hard serve.

Mae Hyo locks eyes with Jeno, she winks at him walking out the court room as she hears the gavel hit again. And Jeno followed.

Mae Hyo walked in to the girl's restroom, and Jeno had no problem to do too, thankfully no one was present.

Jeno grabbed her arm, and pushed her to the wall near him.

Mae Hyo scowled, "What the hell is your problem?!"

"how did you find out?" Jeno asks, but the electrical hand dryer began, the hot air slightly burning Mae Hyo's exposed waist.

"What did you say?" Mae Hyo questions, genuinely confused.

"I said, how did you find out?" Jeno repeats, but there goes that dryer, whirring again.

Jeno throws his head back in frustration, which made Mae Hyo laugh a little.

Jeno's brow raised at that, she was laughing at him?

He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close, and for a moment when her chest met his, her breath seemed to hitch, the teasing eyes eased, the smirk dropped and the brows furrowed, however, it lasted only a second.

She was sat on the touch up counter, you know, the mirrors with banging lightening? yeah.

"now you'll listen?" Jeno asks, his voice as low as it can get.

Mae Hyo's head tilts to the side, and she nods.

"how did you find out? about her condition?" Jeno asks, for the last time.

One thing about Mae Hyo, you have to know this, shes annoying, like rip out your hair annoying.

"I just persuaded the guy on the front desk, you know how I can be, right?" Mae Hyo says, smiling at the man who was so close yet so far.

Jeno scoffs, "nurses dont just tell you another person's medical conditions, they aren't allowed" he said, matter of fact.

Mae Hyo fakes being surprised, her lips parted, caught between her front teeth. That teasing stare, faint smirk, all that comes back to her.

"You really want to know? mhm?"

Jeno rolls his eyes, he knows what she's trying to do, he knows that look.

"nevermind, you were never going to tell me" Jeno says, shaking his head.

Mae Hyo quickly grasps jeno's neck tie, and she pulls him close, close enough to make her heart jump, that was obviously not what she intended.

Jeno's eyes widen at the action, nonetheless, he kept his cool, his hand firmly placed on the counter on either sides of her body.

Mae Hyo's eyes travel across Jeno's face, he really was beautiful, so smart, so attractive, so,,, jeno. Her grip on his tie never left.

Her eyes fell on his rosewood lips, and for a moment, the hate wasn't there, and when his eyes fell on her strawberry ones, the grudge wasn't there, they were back in high school, tucked away in some class, hands held, eyes locked. First kiss, first hug, first love, that's the way the moment felt.

It took everything not to experience that feeling again, locked in, lips in rhythm, but life is life.

Mae Hyo snapped back into reality, distance not moving an inch, "Jeno?"

"mhm"

Her eyes traveled back to his as did his, "you're right"

"what?" Jeno couldnt move, he didn't want to move.

"you're right, I was never going to tell you" Mae Hyo says, still looking into his dreamy eyes.

Jeno's eyes fell into sharp slants, he was no longer wide eyed, he lets go of his breath, he hadn't even realized he was holding it.

"I hate you" he says as it sounded rushed and breathy.

Mae Hyo's expression softened, I guess she was still in the essence of the whole first kiss first love nonsense, she suddenly felt 17 again.

She pushes him away, hopping from the counter to the floor, " I hate you more, Jeno lee" she says as she pushes the door and exits, leaving him behind.

And at the moment all she could think, 'it's so easy for you to say you hate me'

Maybe expressing your feelings isn't hard, just not important.

Jeno's gut twisted again, for her, again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 463 26
Two completely different people, who fell in love but life always tore them apart. One fight and mistake led to another sad memory. How will they cle...
3.1K 55 32
แดบแต’แต—แต‰หข: แดบแถœแต— แดนแตƒแถ โฑแตƒ/แถœสณโฑแตแต‰ แตƒแต˜ แดฎแต’แต’แต แต€สทแต’ โฑโฟ "แต€สฐแต‰ แดฎสณแต’แตแต‰โฟ แดผโฟแต‰หข" หขแต‰สณโฑแต‰หข! แดฟแตƒแถœโฑโฟแต แต‚สณโฑแต—โฑโฟแต แต—โฑแตแต‰: ยฒโฐยฒยณ/โฐโถ/ยฒโน โป ยฒโฐยฒยณ/โฐโน/ยฒโถ แดฌหกหก แดฟโฑแตสฐแต—หข แดฟแต‰หขแต‰สณแต›แต‰แตˆ ยฉ โป แดบโฑหฃหฃแต’โฟโฟสธ
1.3M 38.3K 67
"I'm not the kind of person you can play with." A story of a cold-hearted and vicious mafia boss who finally meet his soulmate. Will he change and op...
79.4K 3.7K 27
"๐—œ ๐˜„๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฑ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜๐˜† ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚." Everyone grows up in a world of black and white. That is, until they find their...