Turning Pages

By waddlefreaks

COMPLETED Arabella Carter A sixteen year old with a naive heart and innocent brain; she is the literal defini... More

āš ļøāš ļøāš ļø
š‘°š’š’•š’“š’š’…š’–š’„š’•š’Šš’š’ ~ š‘Ŗš’‰š’‚š’“š’‚š’„š’•š’†š’“š’”
ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
š†š¢ššš§š­š¬
šŒš®šŸšŸš¢š§
š†šØš«š šžšØš®š¬
š“ššš­š­šØšØš¬ ššš§š š›š«š®š¢š¬šžš¬
šƒšžš­šžš§š­š¢šØš§
š’š¤šžš­šœš”
šš«šØš£šžšœš­
šš®š›š›š„šžš š®š¦
ššžš° šš”šØš§šž
š…šžšÆšžš«
š„š›š®š„š„š¢šžš§šœšž
š…šžšžš„š¢š§š š¬
š…šžš«š«š¢š¬ š–š”šžšžš„
šššš¬šØš«šžš±š¢šš
š…š„š®š¬š­šžš«šžš
šƒššš­šž
š‹šØšÆšžš›š¢š­šžš¬
šƒš¢ššš¦šØš§š
šŒš¢šš§š¢š š”š­
š’š§šØšØš©š¢š§š 
šš¢š„š„š¬
š„š±š©šØš¬šžš
š‚ššš§šœšžš« š’š­š¢šœš¤š¬
šŽšÆšžš«š°š”šžš„š¦šžš
š€šÆšžš«š²
š‘šØšššš­š«š¢š©
š„š¦šžš«š šžš§šœš²
š•š¢š«š š¢š§š¢š­š²
š’ššš„šØš§
š–šššÆšžš¬
š‚šØšœšØš§š®š­
šššš«š­š²
š‚šØš§šŸš«šØš§š­ššš­š¢šØš§š¬
šŒššš­šœš”š¢š§š 
š‚š”šžšžš¤š²
š‰ššš¢š„
ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
ššžš­š«ššš²ššš„
š€š¦šØš«šØš®š¬

š‚ššš§šš„šžš¬

5.7K 97 23
By waddlefreaks

We all want that person who makes us calm in the soul and crazy in the flesh

ARABELLA

The shrill echo of the bell bounced off my white walls and rung in my ears, causing me to stir awake with a yawn. I was exhausted from staying awake all night watching Disney movies, it was 11:30 pm by the time I got to sleep... very late.

I flopped onto my back and stared at the ceiling, barely conscious. What day was it...? Tuesday, which meant 8 hours of classes that I, undoubtedly, no longer look forward to like I did at the start of the semester. Wait...

IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'm finally 17! And with that thought, I shot up from the bed and threw the sheets to the floor. With too much excitement bubbling inside of me, I got tangled in the sheets and face planted the floor and I immediately felt a sharp pain shoot through my chin; where I landed. What a great start to my birthday, I could already feel a bruise forming.

I traced my shaky fingers over the new sore spot and pulled them away and was pleased to see no blood. Yay, sense the sarcasm. Why was I having a bad attitude this morning?

Shaking off all negative thoughts, I stationed my feet onto my soft white carpet and stretched all my bones out like a cat. Once I'd finished rolling my shoulders back, I fixed my bed and heard a ping from my phone.

I picked the rectangular object up and blushed at the Lock Screen photo. It was an image of me and Kade wrapped in a fluffy blanket with his lips planted on my nose, I was smiling up at him with closed eyes. He always manages to capture random photos of me in awkward places and with strange facial expressions, I can't say I don't do the same.

Casting my eyes down a little more, I opened the message and instantly perked up when I saw who it was from.

Kadey🐷💗
Good morning baby, how are you feeling? Excited for school? If I remember correctly, I think it's someone's birthday today but I just can't put my finger on who's...

I giggled at his teasing. He knew very well that it was my birthday and school was starting to take its toll on me.

Me
Good morning, and no, I'm not excited. Especially when there's other things to look forward to instead...

I trailed off, joining in with his playfulness. I waited for a reply as Kade instantly opened the message, but had left me on seen. He never usually takes this long to text back. I started to think he actually forgot it was my birthday and was too busy to talk to me. Great... it's only 7 am and my birthday is already off to a bad start.

The sound of my phone singing the phone call tune had me hurriedly unclasping my hands and reaching for the object I'd not so gently threw onto my bed before 'praying'. Or was it bargaining...?

My dull mood ceased when I saw who was requesting a FaceTime call.

*Incoming FaceTime Call*
Kade🐷💗

I pressed the green accept button and was welcomed with a heavenly site. My boyfriend was standing in front of the camera (which was leaned against something) with a single red glove on his hand and another tucked under his arm, sweat trickled from his forehead and chest. He looked hot...

The intense tingles I felt in the tent and the other night had returned, begging me to soothe the throbbing between my legs.

I muttered a shy good morning and squeezed my thighs together, but it only made the pleasuring ache intensify. Honestly, I was too embarrassed to touch myself in any way like grinding against something the same way I did Kade's leg. But I was even more embarrassed to tell Kade and ask him to relieve it.

I forgot my little problem and tuned back into what the sweaty yet handsome man was saying to me through the bright screen.

"Happy birthday baby!" Kade's energetic and eager voice rang through the screen, laced with playfulness. I think he was more excited than me for my own birthday. "How does it feel to finally be 17?"

I mentally scolded myself for doubting Kade's memory, when he clearly remembered my birthday. I'm so dramatic, he couldn't possibly have forgotten. I mean, I've only been talking about it none stop about it for the past week and a half.

"Oh! I feel awesome. 17! One. Seven. That means I can legally learn to drive (not that I want to, I'd fail anyway) and I'm one year closer to you! Oh, AND, I'm one year closer to being an adult... wait that isn't a good thing. Did you know, being an adult means bills and getting a job? Do you think-"

"What's wrong, did-" he's really got to stop cutting me off!

"What happened to your chin?"

Oh, that. I awkwardly chuckled before scratching around the sore area and balanced on my heels. "Well, you see-"

"What happened?" I don't think I've ever heard him so angry.

"I-I Ummm," I was too embarrassed to admit it but one look at the screen, Kade's dark eyes scared me into doing so. "I kinda tripped over my sheets and face planted the floor because I was too Ummm excited for my birthday"

It was silent as I stared at the floor and became awfully interested in it. It was quiet for too long that made me think it had frozen. That was until I heard deep laughter. I gave him an over-exaggerated pout at the fact he found my incident funny. How dare he?

He must have seen my look as he quickly sobered up and gave me a chubby pout of his own. "I'm sorry baby, are you genuinely feeling okay? Does it hurt? Do you need a bandaid or any pain cream? Pain reliever?"

I returned his now worried look with a thankful one of my own and informed him I was okay.

We spoke for another 30 minutes or so as we both brushed our teeth and I cleaned around my room. Though I was disappointed when he abruptly ended the call saying it was urgent and he'll see me later. I wasn't too bothered, after all, I did have to get dressed and all that stuff. He asked, more like told, me that we were going to his apartment after school but he was very weird about it so I felt a little nervous.

And with that said, I cautiously walked to my closet remembering earlier events, and tried to find the perfect outfit. As it is my birthday, I decided to dress a little nicer than usual despite having to go to school.

Keeping it more low-key dressed up, I chose a somewhat cheetah print mini dress with thin straps which I tucked in as they were too loose and uncomfortable. Knowing it was supposed to be cloudy later, I matched it with a big knitted puffy sleeve cardigan I adored; it was super warm and cosy like Kade's hoodies. I just hoped my legs wouldn't freeze and drop off like mama used to say.

Pulling on some pretty pink undergarments that were embroidered with flowers with all over the bra and panties, I was glad to see there was more coverage though they were still very sheer. I don't mind, they look really cute and dare I say- sexy. For a bizarre reason, I felt dirty and naughty saying the word. Sexy.

After I was fully dressed, I applied a bit of lipgloss that Cooper bought me a couple of days ago for no reason; though I'm still thankful. I tied my hair into a messy bun and let the front hairs frame my face and I perched my clear glasses (that are prescribed) onto my nose. I looked good, apart from the large red, already bruising, mark on my chin. Let's hope no one notices.

Tearing my eyes away from myself, I scanned my room one last time making sure I didn't forget anything before opening my bedroom door. The smell of pancakes wafted through the halls and I instantly drowned in the heavenly smell. Within a blink of an eye, I'd ran down the steps and skidded on my white frilly socks into the kitchen.

The sight before me was baffling. The table was set with lots of buttermilk pancakes, Nutella, bowls of toppings, fruits and pastries. There was even orange juice, my favourite. I've never seen so much food all at once, the sight of so much chocolate honesty made me feel a little sick but also very excited and tempted to eat it all. I was sure I was drooling at thins point.

I felt myself being collected into a pair of warm arms who I immediately identified as my mama, the chef who cooked all these delicious treats.

"Morning mama," I greeted, slightly breathless from the tightness of her hug.

"My baby, you're growing up so quick. You look taller, have you grown overnight?" She gushed, grabbing my shoulders and inspecting me head to toe.

I giggled before replying, "No mama, I'm still short unfortunately."

"Don't be silly, you'll have a growth spurt one of these days and you'll be towering over all of us."

"I hope mama, but being small is okay. It makes me, me."

"What happened to your chin sweetheart?" She asked, softly grabbing my jaw and inspecting the injury.

"GOOD MORNING!" A loud and slightly deep voice shouted, making me jump in fright and pull from my mother's embrace. "My sister is finally 17! Oh, how she's growing..." Axel dramatically said in a British accent, falling to the floor.

"She really is growing... beautiful." I looked up at the familiar voice and locked eyes with Charlie. His look was so intense that it scared me. He was the first one to tear his eyes away, but only to 'check me out' I think Kade called it when boys did it in the hallway when I had to drag the angry boy away from starting a fight. That's most days...

I was creeped out by Charlie's statement as it didn't come across as a normal compliment so I gave him a fake smile and reached up to my mama to kiss her on the cheek. "Can I go eat?"

"Of course sweetie, it's your birthday so there's no need to ask. Dig in!"

I ran to my seat, jumping over Axel's body who still lay on the floor, and immediately started placing things onto my plate. I grabbed 3 of the puffy pancakes and spread Nutella and chocolate chips on top. I knew for a fact I'd have a sugar rush later... oops!?

Mama told me to have some fruit too so I grabbed the largest scarlet strawberries and softly ripe blackberries and dug in. Oh my-

"Here you go," Charlie interrupted my thoughts, passing me a glass of orange juice. I hesitantly took the drink which made our hands brush, I didn't feel tingles or sparks like I did with Kade, I felt uneasy instead. I quickly pulled away with the glass and looked away from Charlie's smirk with a revolted frown, what is up with him lately?

It didn't take me long to scoff down my breakfast and juice, which left me feeling like I could explode at any moment. It probably wasn't a good idea to eat so fast that much sugar. I sat back in my seat and patted my stomach when mama ordered for me to stay here and don't move, okay...

After about 5 minutes of me sitting like a statue and hearing the boys loud chatter, mama re-entered holding a few gifts I assume.

"Mama, you shouldn't have-"

"Shush child. You're my only daughter and only turn 17 once so be quiet and open the presents I bought." She playfully scolded, erupting laughter from the boys and a grateful smile from me.

"Thank you."

After all the presents were opened and the kitchen floor was scattered with wrapping paper, bows and bags, I was beaming at what I had received.

Mama had bought me dresses, cute shirts, bags, perfumes and beauty items whereas Axel gave me my old Polaroid camera that broke. He said he had it fixed so it was good to use, I was ecstatic with that because I love capturing the memories, and the Polaroid printouts are aesthetically pleasing. Charlie, however, bought me a brown stuffed toy with my name stitched into the foot and a phone case with my name on and a few aesthetic pictures. I couldn't begin to describe how grateful I was feeling for all of this new stuff, they must have spent a fortune.

"Thank you guys, so much. This is the best birthday ever." I gave mama and Axel a kiss on the cheek each with a bear hug, whereas I just gave Charlie a side hug as his vibe has been making me uncomfortable lately.

If you're wondering why I'm opening my presents now and not at a birthday party dedicated to me, well that's because I'm not having one. I hate large gatherings, loud music and too much attention so that's why I'm content with it being me, mama and Axel. And Kade later.

"I'm at work later, another late-night shift sorry Bells for not being able to see you on your birthday night. Axel, will you be home or are you going out?"

"I've only got football training then the boys and I are going for pizza, so I'll be home at 8 or 9"

"But Bells will be home alone-"

"No, I won't," I said finally speaking up, gaining everyone's attention. "I'm going to Kade's apartment."

In the corner of my eyes, I saw Axel staring at me blankly, Charlie with an annoyed look and clenched fists around his fork and mama looked confused.

"Who's kade? A partner for a project? A friend?" Mama asked, touching my shoulder.

"No."

"Then who is he?"

"My boyfriend."

My mom gasped and dropped her hand from my shoulder. "B-boyfriend. Do you have a boyfriend? What? How old is he? How tall is he? What's his last name? When and where did you meet him. Who was the-"

"Mom calm down," Axel said, leaning his elbows on the table.

"Sorry," my mom muttered, giving me an embarrassed smile. "So, tell me about him."

"His name is Kade Kairo, he's 19 and 6'4. He has brown eyes and lots of tattoos. He's kinda scary to most people and scowls all the time but he cuddles and kisses me. He smiles and laughs with me though and he has on obsession with carrying me all the time. He's super protective and has a nose piercing." I shouldn't mention the nipple ones I don't think. "We have most the same classes and he has beat up loads of boys when they, in his words, tried to 'get with me' or 'check me out'. Anyways, we met when I followed him into a classroom on the first day of school." I exhaled, trying to catch my breath.

I looked over at my mom and saw that she was shocked with her mouth wide open. What was it that Kade told me?
"Close your mouth before flies go in." That was the clean version.

"Can I meet him?" She finally asked after staring at me for a couple of minutes.

"I'll ask him, but I'm not sure." I don't think he'd want to come...

"Okay, that's good enough for me but please Arabella Rose, stay safe and don't feel forced to do anything you don't want to" I nodded, not really sure what she meant but we were already a little late for school so I needed to leave.

Axel was dropping me at school today as well as Charlie so after another cup of orange juice, a few more thank yous and spraying on one of my new perfumes, I left the house and climbed into the car but not before slipping on my blue checkered slip on vans. A birthday gift from mama.

The whole way to school, Charlie stared at me through the rearview mirror and it made me restless in my seat. As soon as we pulled up outside of the large building, I threw the door open and bolted out, almost forgetting about the seatbelt.

As I was making my way up to the door, I felt myself being dragged backwards by my backpack then being sandwiched between two tall bodies.

"Happy birthday bestie!" The voice I identify as Cooper screamed right down my ear, ouch.

"Happy birthday tinker bell," A more deep voice said who I knew was Enzo from the nickname.

"Thank you guys," I giggled the best I could with my face pressed against someone's stomach. "But can I breathe now?"

"Oh shit, yeah. We can't kill her babe otherwise Kade would kill us slowly, torturing and beating the-"

"Enzo shut up! You'll scare Jelly belly" Cooper scolded Enzo like a child with a finger digging into his chest.

Enzo grabbed the finger that was being dug into his chest and growled into Cooper's ear something I couldn't hear. He then smacked Cooper's butt before turning to me. "We got you gifts!" Wow, that was a quick change of attitude.

"Thank you but you didn't have to. I mean, I'm not worth-"

"Shut up bestie and open the goddamn presents."

And I did just that. Cooper bought us matching tie-dye hoodies whereas Enzo took a brown leather bracelet of his wrist and held it out to me, I took it in confusion.

"See, I forgot to get you a present and I wouldn't even know what to get a girl. Anyway, it was either this bracelet or my one direction wristband." He held out his left wrist that held a red silicone wristband with all 5 members face on. "And I wasn't going to give up this sexy band so enjoy the leather bracelet."

Okay... I slipped on the bracelet and gestured my arm up for one of them to fix the clasp together. As Cooper was doing so, I turned to Enzo. "When did you get the wristband?"

As the words left my lips, a mischievous glint appeared in Enzo's blue eyes as he perked up more if that was even possible. "It was 2014, 6 or 7 years ago when Kade and I went on a small hike because- it doesn't matter- but we came across a large stadium that advertised one direction were playing the next day so Kade got super excited and had the idea to sneak in and find somewhere to sleep so we could watch the concert. And we did just that and I found this wristband on the floor when we were sneaking back out and yeah that's it. I'm we had so much fun!"

I was shocked to hear that. I can't believe they snuck into a massive concert when they were like 12!

"Were your parents mad?"

The minute I spoke the words, I immediately regretted it when Enzo tensed and his eyes darkened.

"It was supposed to stay a secret bro," a deep voice grumbled behind me. I knew it was Kade, but before I could turn around and face him, I felt his face in my neck. "Hi baby."

"H-hi Kade," I said slightly breathless from the feeling of Kade's breath in my ear, and then he started to suck my earlobe. Oh my. "You excited for tonight?"

"Yes! What are we doing?"

"It's a surprise," Kade started to toy with my hands in front of me, "I love surprises."

"I know you do, that's why I'm not telling you."

I turned in his arms to face him and shyly peck his lips. Although we've been together for a couple of months, I still get shy initiating the first move.

"Your chin looks sore, does it still hurt?" Kade gripped my cheeks and softly stroked over the mark which soothed the pain somehow.

"No."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure Kadey," he worries too much. "I love you"

"I love you too".

I went over and spoke to Cooper whilst Enzo and Kade engaged in a conversation. I couldn't help but overhear a part of what they were saying.

"Wanna go for a smoke around the back?"

"Nah, I'm trying to quit."

Since when! I was feeling so proud of him and wanted to go smooch his handsome face but restrained, I didn't want him to know I was eavesdropping.

I felt myself being gently dragged away from the two boys and to Kade's car.

"What are we doing?" I hoped we weren't skipping classes. As much as School annoyed me, I still wanted to graduate.

Kade ignored me and instead opened the back door to his car and started searching for something.

"Here." Kade placed two rectangular white boxes in my hand that were neatly tied with red ribbon.

"What is it?"

"Open it and find out."

When I opened the first box I almost dropped it from shock. Inside, there was a rose gold necklace with a butterfly charm on the end. "It- it's gorgeous. Thank you so much! I don't know what to say-"

"You don't need to say anything baby, open the next one."

I gasped at the second box, how much did he spend on both these gifts?

This box held two mini gold hoop earrings with butterflies again. Yes, butterflies are my favourite aesthetic and fashion statement in case you couldn't tell.

My eyes began to water.

"Woah baby, what's wrong? Do you not like them?" Kade rushed to me and embraced me in my favourite hug.

"No." I felt Kade's shoulders sat in disappointment. "I love them!"

"Woo, for a moment there baby I thought you hated them,"

"These are the best gifts, you're so thoughtful."

After a couple of kisses and many 'thank you's' from me, we decided to head to our first lesson.

Kade was currently opening the passenger door for me after we parked in the garage of his apartment.

"Remember baby, I always open the door for you."

Yeah, I forgot about his 'rule' and began to open the door myself moments before. Gosh, he's such a gentleman, my own Prince Charming, only with tattoos and much more scary and muscular. I wonder if I'm in a dream sometimes.

Kade went to go pick me up but I stopped him, "I can walk by myself you know".

He looked me dead in the eyes and touched my ribs. "You're my baby so I'll carry you wherever and whenever I want. It doesn't bother you does it?"

Kade knew I enjoyed it so he smirked making me shove my face in his chest to hide my red cheeks. Kade carried me out of the parking lot and up hundreds of steps due to the elevator being out of order.

"Am I not too heavy?" I was worried his arms would ache or hurt himself from carrying me.

"Fuck no. You're as light as a feather. We need to fatten my baby up a little hm?"

I found myself hiding my face into his shoulder again. I hadn't even noticed we were at his door until I heard the jingle of keys.

His apartment was dark due to the curtains and blinds being drawn. Silence engulfed the whole room until the sound of paws hitting the floor was heard running towards us.

Kade set me on the floor so Luther immediately jumped onto me and made me fall to the floor.

"Luther, back up." Like the obedient dog he is, Luther obeyed and gave my face one last lick before rolling off of me and later next to me on his back with his tongue out.

Kade crouched over us and pecked mine and Luther's foreheads before commanding us both to stay in the living room and don't go in the kitchen until he says so.

I wonder what he's planning...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 53K 112
I anticipated every breath, and every word. Each day, you could only take an uneducated guess at what he would say. What he would do. My heart tremor...
6.9K 575 30
HIGHEST RANKING #80 "Will you work with me in a civil manner?" "I'm sorry, what?" "Just answer the question, Grey." "I just told you I want to win th...
1.9M 37K 45
*FIRST COUPLE CHAPTERS ARE CRINGE BUT GET BETTER... I HOPE :|* FIND AN UPDATED VERSION ON @waddlefreaks Arabella Carter A sixteen year old with a na...
8.5K 67 16
17 year old Laila is a cheerleader who catches the attention of 18 year old Kaiden who happens to be the bad boy of the school but is also best frien...