The Way We Fell

By SaraMaine004

Adeline Rose is joyous, kind and beautiful she's every mothers dream. Adeline returns to the new school year... More

C H A R A C T E R S
N O T E
H E A L I N G
P A R T Y
F R I E N D S
L I E S
D I N N E R
M I S T A K E
T R U T H
O R D A R E
G E T IN
T H O U G H T S
B R U I S E D
M U S I C
C O L L A P S E
B R E A T H E
A P O L O G I E S
B L O N D I E
F E E L I N G S
H U R T
F A I N T
D O C T O R
S A Y I T
S Q U E E Z E
H A N G O U T
T O O F A R
D A D D Y I S S U E S
C L O W N
H A U N T E D H O U S E
C U T E
S A M
K I S S
B E T R A Y E D
P I T Y P A R T Y
O V E R
G U I L T
S K A T E
P A I N
A S K ?
S P E C I A L
L E T T I N G G O
Q U E S T I O N
M Y L O V E
T R U S T

J E R K

1.3K 37 4
By SaraMaine004

"I NEVER WANT TO STOP MAKING MEMORIES WITH YOU " - PIERRE JEANTY

Adeline

I fiddle with my hands nervously as I anxiously wait for the bell to ring for the last period. Today was the day I go out with Sam.

Oh my god...that sounded so weird in my head. I know this isn't a date and all but it still felt weird to acknowledge that I was going to go out with a boy alone.

How the hell am I supposed to find a husband?

I didn't know how to act, like am I supposed to put the moves on him...

Okay no.

I wasn't sure about a lot of things in my life but I was sure that I didn't want things to progress with Sam that soon.

Except my conversation with JT, Cam and Kenna kept replaying in my head over and over again.

They couldn't be happier to give me advice and tips but for some reason they each kept asking me if I was sure about going out with Sam.

I mean I'm not a child I could make my own decisions.

I kept reminding them that it wasn't a date and instead just two friends who were going out in the most platonic way.

They didn't believe me.

The bell finally rang and I decided to wait for Sam outside the school so I grabbed my bag and headed out.

As I walked down the crowded hall making my way towards the front door of the school, I replayed my conversation with Elias in my head.

He's so rude, for him to even think that I would listen to him and not go out with Sam.

He's delusional.

He's a jerk with a really handsome face.

A jerk handsome face.

Distracted in my thoughts I didn't even realize that I was running straight into someone until it was too late.

"Cazzo" A deep voice exclaimed close to my ear.

Crap...oh crap.

Anyone but him and his jerk handsome face.

I look up at said person and his eyes are fueled with anger, his brows furrowed in annoyance but then I watch his entire face soften as he takes in the sight of me.

He has such pretty eyes.

I want to tell him but I know I can't.

Instead I look down to see my hands are fisting his black hoodie and his arms are wrapped around my waist.

How in the hell did I not feel that ?

I clear my throat and attempt to push him off me instead because to anyone looking...and there were people staring it looked like we were embracing each other and having a moment.

I continue to try to push him off but he doesn't budge he just keeps looking at me with a slight tilt of his mouth.

"Where you going ?" He has the actual audacity to ask.

"None of your business" I grunt out each word trying to push him off me.

Elias only looks amused and I just want to...

Kiss him.

Oh my god this man is keeping me hostage and all I can think about is how much I want to kiss him.

I'm worthless.

"Let me go" I mumble.

"You really want that ?" Elias whispers so only I can hear.

I don't answer I just keep my looking at his forehead because I can't bring myself to look into his eyes.

I feel his hands around my waist and how they inch me closer, his scent is all over and I feel like I can overdose just on him alone.

It takes me a while to get the word out but eventually I do.

"Yeah" I say almost breathless.

"Then look me in the fucking eye and say it baby." Elias says his words rough.

My stomach is doing cartwheels but I still can't bring myself to look at him.

But then somehow I build the courage and I tilt my head in his direction and look at him and the minute I do Sam is long forgotten.

I part my lips and I feel Elias grip me tighter, more possessively. He brings his head down and my heart beats so fast.

We're the only ones left in the hallway and we're so close, our noses are almost touching. My lips part and I let out a soft breath.

Suddenly we're interrupted by a high pitched voice...

"Elias ?" The voice asks.

I recoil quickly and look around to find the source and the second I do my heart drops.

All legs and blonde hair.

It's the same girl who he made out with the day after he kissed me and all those awful feelings come flooding back.

I look back at Elias for an explanation but his eyes are closed and his jaw clenched.

I could only stare at him because somehow I'm caught in the same situation with the same guy again.

This time when I push him off he doesn't hold on to me.

I feel my eyes burning.

I step away from Elias and adjust my bag along my shoulders keeping my head down.

I move to take a step to leave when his voice stops me.

"Don't leave." He says so only I can hear.

I clench my eyes and I feel a tear roll down my cheek.

Jerk.

I continue walking until I reach the girl and then I look at her and let her know...

"He's all yours." I say in a low tone my voice close to breaking.

She only flips her hair and chews her gums obnoxiously.

"Thanks" She says her voice ringing in my ear.

I could feel his eyes on me as I'm walking away but I don't dare look back. Not even for a second.

I walk down the hallway and I feel my breathing getting shorter. My chest feels heavier.

I start taking audible gasps of trying to get some air in my lungs because I seriously feel like I can't breathe anymore.

The more I walk down the hallway I see
I make it to the doors of the school and push them open and once the cold air hits my face I feel like I could breathe again.

I steady myself against the railing of the stairs and take in slow breaths.

In and out

In and out

I keep repeating in my head until a voice interrupts me.

"Adeline"

"Adeline are you okay ?" I recognize Sam's voice right behind me.

I wipe my face from stray tears and I take in one last deep breath and turn around to see Sam, his face full of worry.

I give him a slight smile.

"Hey...yeah yeah I'm fine."

Never freaking better.

"Are you sure ?" He asks again.

I'm obviously not fine but I would never tell him that because then I would have to explain and no way was I going to explain how dumb I am.

I gathered myself as best as I could and plastered on a smile before saying...

"I'm good, I swear I was just being dramatic." I say to Sam.

He still looks unsure.

"Seriously I'm fine." I say for good measure.

Sam seems to believe me because he relaxes and a slight smile is on his face.

"So you ready to go ?"

"Mhm" I say lowly just happy to get away from here.

"My cars this way." Sam begins to head down the steps of the school except there's a huge slam behind us.

I whirl around to see Elias walking out the school and the minute our eyes connect his hardened face softens but then he looks somewhere behind me and sees Sam and he makes a beeline straight towards me.

Oh god.

"Adeline...you coming ?" I hear Sam behind me say but my eyes are still focused on Elias.

I turn around and try to ignore Elias getting closer.

"Yeah."

"No she's not going anywhere." Elias says.

This man.

"What ?" I spin back around angry.

I crane my neck quite a bit to get a good look at his eyes.

"You have to tutor me Rose...you forget or something ?" Elias says his voice a slight rasp and a tone of amusement lining his words as he looks down at me.

I mentally smack myself on the forehead for forgetting. It's been a while too but the plan was for me to tutor him everyday after school and I completely forgot.

I've been sort of distracted.

I keep looking at Elis and he stares back challenging me.

I did promise to do this for Mrs.Duncan and it would be rude of me to just not do it.

He's not going to give this up.

I turn to look at Sam and I walk towards him.

"I'm so sorry Sam I swear I'll make it up to you." I say to him.

"It's fine Adeline." Sam says smiling at me his dimples showing and I feel so bad.

I wrap my arms around him and squeeze him tight in a hug. I let go and kiss him on the cheek.

I give a him small smile and I watch him walk away in a sort of daze.

Weird.

I keep my head down as I turn back and walk towards the school.

I don't even flinch when Elias grabs my arm and makes me look at him and damn does he look pissed.

His jaw is clenched and his eyes are so dark.

"Don't ever fucking kiss him again." He spits out.

I look at him tears beginning to brew.

"Doesn't feel good does it ?"

TO BE CONTINUED

WORD COUNT: 1619

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING AND GETTING THIS BOOK TO 38K WHILE I'VE BEEN GONE.

I'M FINALLY DONE WITH HIGH SCHOOL AND HOPEFULLY I'LL BE UPDATING CONSISTENTLY.

I LOVE YOU GUYS.

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS...

BYEEE ❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 431 32
(Slow Updates) Meet Adeline Fawn, a normal highschool girl trying to survive. She is nothing different. Sarcastic, funny and friendly. she doesn't ha...
3.8K 22 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...
320K 11.9K 70
This story talks about a high school girl who's fat but beautiful. Everyone makes fun of her. Her dad's died when she was still in middle school, fro...
104K 5.2K 35
*COMPLETED* || Highest Ranking: #1 in Adventure-Romance 5/31/18 Adeline Callahan, the girl that time forgot, the one that is considered dead to t...