The Salt Files (MLB)

By AnonymousSnake977

Different scenarios of salt in the MLB fandom. I typically do Lila, Alya, and class salt the most. Sometimes... More

To Crush Your Part Part 1
To Crush Your Part Part 2
To Crush Your Part Epilogue
The Liar Among Us
Possible Murderer In The Class?
Don't Mess With A Couffaine (Lukanette)
Enabler (Adrien and Bustier Salt)
Tabloid (Part 2 of Enabler)
Clara's Anger
Keep It Under Wraps
You Think I'm In A Gang?
Exposé
Wait For It
April Fools
A Liar's Downfall
Wrong Number, Alya
Are We Really Friends?
S5 Review So Far (Mini Rant)
You Should Have Listened
The New Student (Felinette Attempt)
It's Quiet Uptown
It's Quiet Uptown (Background)
Song Requests? (Not A Chapter)
It Was A Joke
Happy Birthday (Marinette Edition)
I Spy (Pride Month Special)
Happy Birthday, Lie-La
It's Your Fault
Guitar Hero
Get To Know Me (Not a Chapter)
The Sheep of the School
Cups
Victim Blaming
The Interview
Chloe and Sabrina: The Cat and Bug Team
Bomb Threat (Sorry If Title Is Triggering)
Random References + Updates (Not A Chapter)
I Finished S5
Refusal
Babysitting Fails
I Signed Up This Story For The Wattys 2023💀
A Day To Remember
Hawkmoth's Reveal
The Path You Chose
Game Night
Uncertain Future
Rebellion
Identity Reveal Gone Wrong (Request)
A Touch of Creativity
Reckless
The Blogger's Recklessness
Superstitions
The Good Liar
Allergies
Transferred
True Colors
Trustworthy
One Way Ticket To Fame
My Shot
The Schuyler Sisters
You'll Be Back
Satisfied
Wait for It
Dear Theodosia
Nonstop
Take a Break
The Room Where It Happens
Congratulations to The Rossi Pamphlet
The World Was Wide Enough
Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Sincerely Me
Good For You
You Will Be Found
You've Reached The End!

Summer Lies, No Surprise

3.4K 56 49
By AnonymousSnake977

Lila lies about places that she's going to over the summer. When they return to school the class asks for photos of the amazing places she went and who all she met. Lila forgot about that lie so came unprepared. Marinette however, went to the places Lila lied about and had photos and stories about it.

Cue the lies

I saw Spider-Man Saturday, and Spider-Punk has my heart. Like LORDYYYYYY

The classroom was buzzing with teens talking about where they went over the summer. Some stayed in the city and just hung around while others went as far as going to tropical islands. Lila scoffed at the lack of attention on her and decided to change it.

"Good morning, everyone!" Lila beamed as she walked into the class.

"Morning!" They responded.

"Hey gurl, how was America?" Alya asked. Ah yes, Lila claimed she was going all over the world over the summer to help anywhere she could.

The truth was, however, was that she barely spent a day outside of her room in worry that someone would spot her in her lie.

Lila smiled, knowing she got some attention. "It was great! I tried a hot dog, but I don't really like it. I also-" Marinette ran into the room, seconds before the bell rang.

"Well look who it is, the bully." Alya sneered. Everyone else didn't say anything but glared or ignored her.

"Look who it is, the traitor." Alya's mouth was wide open and Lila sniffled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your friendship." She looked down.

"No gurl, you don't need to apologize-"

"You didn't ruin it. In fact, you made it better. It's no longer toxic." They all looked at Marinette for the first time, and they really saw her.

She was no longer wearing her usual shades of pink and a dark gray blazer. She was wearing a red dress with a black jacket, with combat boots. Her pigtails were also gone, with her hair longer than they remembered flowing a little past her shoulders.

Her new appearance made them realize how much their classmate had changed over one summer.

Adrien walked in, and immediately noticed the silence. He looked around to see them all looking at Marinette, and he saw the outfit.

"Welcome back Mari, I love your outfit. Red is your color." Marinette lightly smiled at him. 

"Thank you, Adrien." Mrs. Bustier walked in as well, and got them to their seats to start working.

Halfway through a class break, Lila started telling stories of where she went all over America. "...I also went to New York and visited a private school I was thinking about applying to after lycée."

"Ooo, what school?" Alya asked, invested and writing down the info. Marinette also perked up, wanting to prove that she was lying. Why would she get accepted into a private school if she can't even do her own work or show up?

"Yeah, what school? Maybe we will be going to the same one." Marinette smirked. Lila stuttered a little but regained her façade. Adrien and Chloe gave her a secret glance, knowing this was what they knew would happen.

You see, recently the three became closer. After Lila got Marinette expelled a few months ago he finally saw that the liar meant to do more harm than good. He immediately apologized and started helping her make a plan to take her down. Chloe also knew she was lying and was itching to put the girl in her place for taking Sabrina away from her. She was able to help Sabrina see the lies and she apologized, but Chloe vowed to make Lila pay. The trio now hangs out everyday, and even invite Kagami and Luka to their hangouts. Kagami and Adrien were dating and so were Luka and Marinette. They also knew about the liar through Adrien and Juleka's rants about her. They both are tired of her lies and wish it would stop. That wish would be fulfilled soon.

"Oh, Parsons Fashion or Parsons School of Design." Marinette laughed in her hand, knowing Lila didn't do her research.

"Oh fun, so I'll see you there? I got a scholarship from there and I'm planning to accept it. But you do know that those schools are fashion schools right? I thought you were going into modeling?" Lila's eyes widened for a moment then burst into tears.

"I'm sorry, I guess I got it mixed up. I went to so many places, you know." Alya put a hand on her shoulder while she glared at her ex friend.

"She can change her major if she wants to. Besides, how do we know you're not lying? What school would want your designs?"

"Many, actually." Marinette pulled out a stack of papers, all scholarships from various universities around the world. "Some of these were willing to pay for everything just for me to be there." The class was gaping like fish, the stack of acceptance letters were more than the number they applied for.

"We're also going to schools in New York, for modeling and business." Chloe sharpened her nails. "It will be a nice change from this city."

"Adrien, you too?" Lila whimpered. The boy hid his disgust.

"Yeah, I want to get out of Paris for a while. You know, see the world." Mrs. Bustier clapped her hands.

"I'm so excited for you three! How about the rest of you?" The class grimaced, making the teach frown a little.

"Max, how are those scholarships going? Did any get approved?" Max groaned.

"Not a single one! They said they didn't need me. Me of all people! I built an AI and I'm not even 17 yet!" The boy was annoyed. Mrs. Bustier was starting to get worried.

"Alex and Kim, what about those sports scholarships?" They both looked down.

"Denied." Alex huffed.

"They said I wasn't good enough or I wasn't who they were looking for." Mrs. Bustier's hands were shaking. She asked more of the class, but it was all mostly the same. They didn't get accepted on the excuse that they weren't good enough or they weren't who they were looking for. The only ones who got accepted were Mylene, Ivan, Nino, Nathaniel, Juleka, and Sabrina.

Mylene and Ivan were going to a college that focuses on helping the environment and encouraging change. Nino was going to become a professional DJ with a tech major so he can increase his chances. Nathaniel was working with Mark in Art and could possibly have their comic be a worldwide hit. Juleka was going to go under a fashion and modeling major, and wanted to work with Marinette in the future. Sabrina was studying to be a lawyer and help more people with financial and other issues.

Alya was mad. "I submitted an essay on Lila's medical issues and how encouraging she is, and they denied me!" She turned to Marinette. "But you get accepted into over 20 schools?!"

The bluenette rolled her eyes. "Well, what did they say in response to your essay? Because maybe you should have done what I told you and fact checked."

"Why would I-"

"Because Lila isn't a reliable source. She's just someone looking for attention and to do her bidding until she gets tired of you. I bet if you look up any one of her claims, there won't be another source besides the Ladyblog." Alya turned red and huffed, ready to prove her wrong. But she wasn't finding anything. The ones who knew Lila was lying sat back and enjoyed the silence. 

The blogger turned the girl sitting next to her. "You lied to me." Lila rolled her eyes, not playing along anymore.

"I did. And you played your part beautifully. You all were a bunch of sheep." The ones who believed Lila were mad. They yelled at her that they lost scholarship chances because of her.

"She told the lies, but you believed them. Blame yourselves." Chloe huffed. Alya turned to Marinette and was about to ask for forgiveness when she was stopped.

"I know what you are going to do. You are going to ask for forgiveness and expect it. But honestly, you don't deserve it. The old Marinette wouldn't hesitate, but you showed your true colors. You were a toxic friend who only believed what she saw and even then you still didn't always listen to me. I'm not going to risk letting you back into my friendship circle if I can't even trust you." The bell rang in the quiet room. Marinette and others grabbed their stuff.

"I am sorry about those scholarships though, but let that be a lesson. Don't believe everything you hear." Marinette left for her next class while the rest sat there in shock.

And Marinette did not regret a thing.

Those schools are real I was trying to do research on them. New York too expensive fr💀

1445 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 956 26
I make various one-shots of mlb characters salt. Certain character sugar/redemption will of course be included.
29.6K 625 32
Lila Rossi manages to weasel her way into Marinette's classmates lives with lies and deceptions, that seemingly only Marinette can see through, even...
138K 2.7K 20
Marinette never noticed the stares, how eyes would widen and jaws would drop to the floor in her presence. Her peers were constantly trying to throw...
210K 3.8K 43
So... I may be a little late but I wanted to try and test my writing skills out... DAMINETTE ♡ Disclaimer: I do not own any characters from MLB or DC...