๐€๐…๐“๐„๐‘ ๐‡๐Ž๐”๐‘๐’, ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต...

By ellieptical

๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ โthis house is not a home without my baby. wher... More

๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฉ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ
graphic gallery i.
๐ข. hurricane tortilla
๐ข๐ข. agatha
๐ข๐ข๐ข. the kegger
๐ข๐ฏ. fight, fight, fight
๐ฏ. boat in the marsh
๐ฏ๐ข. six clueless kids
๐ฏ๐ข๐ข. cry little sister
๐ฏ๐ข๐ข๐ข. feels
๐ข๐ฑ. the forbidden zone
๐ฑ. pants on fire
๐ฑ๐ข. midsummers
๐ฑ๐ข๐ข. special to me
๐ฑ๐ข๐ข๐ข. the fall
๐ฑ๐ข๐ฏ. a hot mess
๐ฑ๐ฏ. wiggety, wiggety, wiggety
๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข. mr. flower pot
๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข๐ข. ditto
๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข๐ข๐ข. bye bye birdie
๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ
๐ฑ๐ฑ. gavin
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข. the tape
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข๐ข. regards, c. limbrey
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข๐ข๐ข. riding high
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข๐ฏ. deadly welcome home gift
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฏ. run boy, run
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข๐ข๐ข. the bonfire
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข๐ฑ. getting sappy
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฑ. luke
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข. The bigger picture
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข๐ข. bennie and the jets
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข๐ข๐ข. stowaways, we are stowaways
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข๐ฏ. paradise
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฏ. trouble in paradise
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข. triviago
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข๐ข. the diary
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข๐ข๐ข. fiducia
๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ข๐ฑ. P4L
๐ฑ๐ฅ. somewhere in the haze
๐ฑ๐ฅ๐ข. eleanor
๐ฑ๐ฅ๐ข๐ข. romantic homicide
๐ฑ๐ฅ๐ข๐ข๐ข. just like dirty dancing
๐ฑ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ. where it ends
๐ฑ๐ฅ๐ฏ. everybody needs a little time away
๐ฑ๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ข. once bitten twice shy
๐ฑ๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ข๐ข. ya win some, ya lose some
๐ฑ๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ข๐ข๐ข. hometown heroes
i gotta question... hehe

๐ฑ๐ฑ๐ฏ๐ข. sorry cousin ricky

444 3 3
By ellieptical

"Insomnia, don't leave.

Oh, talk to me.

Without you, I can't

breathe."

"JOHN BOOKER ROUTLEDGE, pursuant to the North Carolina statute section 14, You are charged with murder in the first degree under aggravated circumstances."

Red felt her body tense up at the judge's words as she pounded on her Gabel. Red exhaled sharply, resting her head in her hands which lay propped up on her legs as JJ rubbed her back comfortingly.

"If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty."

The crowd gasped, JJ stood up in protest a the crowd continued clamoring. "Your honor, he's 17!"

"JJ- stop!" Red held her hand gently to his chest as he faced the judge and John B.

"He's 17! Are you kidding me?" JJ continued, being pushed lightly by Red into the aisle. "John B! Hey, we're gonna figure it out!"

Sarah ran over to John B who was now being escorted back out.

Kie and Red rushed over to the crying girl, stopping the guard from taking her out of the building himself "Stop! Don't touch her!"

"Let's go, Sarah. Let's we're gonna get him out of here." Red comforted, walking out of the courtroom and entering the front.

"Is this a joke? Like are we in hell? Or?" Asked Kie, the group now stood out in front of the entrance.

"I should have never come home," Sarah whined.

"Hey, this isn't your fault," Red assured.

"They're gonna kill him, guys. I know it." JJ was interrupted by a man talking to Ward only a few feet away.

"I am so sorry for what you and your family have gone through." The man said, walking away with Ward and Rose Cameron. "Thank God the system works."

"Can you please shut up?" Kie shouted towards them, getting their attention. "Of course, you think the system works because it was made to protect you and people like you."

"He'll have his day in court. A jury will decide."

"He shouldn't even be in court!" Red cut-in"Rafe should! And you should too because you're a murderer!"

"You have a lot of nerve showing up in court!" Kie added, Ward now approaching the two protesting girls.

"I know you're upset, I understand you're upset, okay!" Ward finally said back.

"Upset?!"

"He's got you all fooled-"

"He has us fooled, Ward?!" Red shouted, getting the attention of cops in the area including her father. "As far as I know, We have three of the same stories matching up!" Red scoffed, "Oh, but it would have been four if you didn't shoot Gavin in cold blood!"

"I am not upset!" Kie approached Ward quickly, Shoupe having to push her and Red back before they could get to Ward, in the process knocking Red down to the ground, JJ helping her up before he could say anything.

"Why don't you take the kooks down for a chance, Shoupe?!" Asked JJ, still holding onto the blonde who glared at her father, waiting for him to do something he knew he never would. Side with her.

"You wanna get arrested? Get out!" Shoupe ordered. "You need to go."

The group began calming down, walking away from Ward before turning back to Shoupe and Ward. "it's not a coincidence that your daughters are sitting with us!"

Ward turned back to look at Kie, Shoupe just stood there, not knowing how to respond.

The teens soon entered the car, JJ protesting about the entire situation until Red's phone rang minutes later, quieting the whole car down as she looked down at the screen.

INCOMING CALL: Daddy ❤️

Red's breath slightly hitched when she read the name now glowing across her phone screen.

"What is it?" Asked Kie, peeking over to see what the car had gone dead silent for.

"I gotta take this. Pope- can you pull over or something?"

Pope looked over at the girl's expression, nodding his head in agreement and letting Red exit the car onto the side of the road and closing the car doors behind her, leaving her some privacy.

Red breathed in before hitting the green accept button and laying the phone against her ear. "Hey, Daddy." She said through the phone, not quite sure how to answer.

"Red." Shoupe's voice responded, almost surprised that she picked up. "It's so good to hear your voice."

Red nodded, still not 100% comfortable with the idea of talking to her dad for the first time in days. "Yeah. Yeah, you too."

"Reding, I recon you get home. We have a lot of things to talk about." Shoupe said, earning a nod through the phone from Red. "I'd like it if ya' came home. It's been real lonely 'round here."

"Yeah." Red sniffled, looking back at the teens anxiously waiting in the car. "Yeah, I'll come home."

"That's real good to hear." Shoupe voiced. "I'll see you when you get here."

With that, the sheriff hung up, leaving Red to get back into the car, carrying a new request for Pope. "Can you- um... take me home please?"

"Are you sure?" Asked JJ from beside her.

Red nodded reassuringly, "I think so."

Pope sighed, turning the car in the direction heading towards figure eight, soon arriving at the house Red hadn't seen in what felt like ages.

She offered the pogues a reassuring smile with a thumbs-up as she neared the double staircase leading up to the entrance of the three-story house.

She opened the brown wooden door, gently closing it as she waited for Kevin to greet her, and in a matter of seconds, she found herself kneeling on the ground petting him.

Red breathed in the fumes of the freshly cleaned home before hearing footsteps approaching her. She turned her body to the side, seeing her father almost sprint to her to examine her face, checking to see if she was hurt, realizing she wasn't, he took the girl into his arms for a few long seconds before tearfully pulling away.

"Hi," Red muttered, half-smiling as she glared up at him.

"Hi." The sheriff responded. "Do you wanna... talk about everything now, or-"

"No," Red responded shortly. "I mean... I think we should think about it ourselves before eachother... Y'know, That way we're not gaslighting."

Shoupe nodded, "Yes. That's good. I have to get going to the station soon. I have a few things I gotta handle, I'd like you to come with me."

An idea flashed into Red's mind. What if she could see John B while she was there? She contained herself, nodding slowly and letting her father say a few quick words and kiss her head before walking away.

Red rushed up the staircase, changing out of Kie's shorts and JJ's muscle shirt she had been borrowing as she had no clothes of her own at the chateau.

It felt good to be in her clothes which consisted of jeans and an orange tank top.

Soon, Shoupe would knock on her door, letting her know that it was now time to go to the station, she got up and would soon excitedly enter the police station minutes later.

Shoupe immediately went over to his office, but Red stayed in one of the front rooms, scrolling through social media on her phone.

Plum passed her by, standing in front of her, looking her up and down on the account of the fact that she didn't forget about Red's actions the day before. "You're lucky you're even allowed back here."

Red looked up, "You're lucky you still have a job."

"I'm still here."

"Not for long, Plum." Red gave her a cheeky smile, annoyed by her actions as she faced back down at her phone. Plum scoffed and walked through the door a couple of feet away from them. "Jerk."

Red sat there for a few more minutes before she became agitated with Plum's attitude, and exited the building, going to the coffee shop next store to get a drink before coming back out, not looking as she crossed the street.

She heard tires screeching against the pavement as she covered her face with her arms as if that would do anything to protect her in the long run if the bike had indeed hit her.

She stumbled to the ground, in the process dropping her drink but looking back up as the person on the bike mumbled sorries before helping her up, not realizing who she was until her face could be seen.

Red was also surprised to see JJ, especially since he had almost run her over, and he was anywhere near the police station.

"JJ, you almost killed me!" Red lectured, a small chuckle escaping her as the last words came out of her mouth.

"You didn't look both ways!" JJ defended, matching her tone. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm alright," Red responded, patting herself down and moving back onto the sidewalk. "Is the bike okay?"

"Oh, yeah. She's fine." JJ replied, patting the motorbike he now walked onto the side of the road. "How'd it go? Talking to your dad and all."

"We didn't talk at all," Red told him. "I didn't want to. It would only turn into a fight."

"You think he could help get John B out?"

Red shook her head, "No, We have no evidence. And even if we did, he still wouldn't help us. He has something against all pogues and I still don't know what it is."

"Damn." JJ breathed. "That would have been bad news, but I have a plan."

"Oh no!" The blonde joked.

"I promise it's good," JJ reassured, Red shook her head with a chuckle. "Here's the plan, We steal my cousin's ambulance-"

"An ambulance?" Red questioned, crossing her arms. "We?"

"Yes, we. Just wait, I was bout' to get into it. Step one, Steal the ambulance. Step 2, drive it over here. Step 3: John B is gonna fake hurt. Step 4, we'll pick him up. Step 5, He'll be out and on the run again. That's what I call a win."

"Ok, this is all a bit extravagant," Red told him, not sure that this plan would work whatsoever.

"Extravagant," JJ repeated. "That's what it's called. Mission Extravagant. It'll work."

"Ok, then this is all a bit illegal."

"So what, we've done plenty of illegal things just in like- 4 days." JJ defended. "C'mon, It works like a charm. I guarantee it."

Red sighed in defeat, "Fine. I'll help you, but if this doesn't work, We're not gonna be jail friends."

"My word is my bond."

"Okay, so how exactly do you plan on getting your getaway vehicle of yours? Enlighten me, JJ." Red smiled cheekily, sitting down on the table outside of the shop.

"Oh- We don't have to steal it if he'll leave it on. So first thing we just go to Ricky's and ask for it."

"Dude, there's no way he's gonna let you 'borrow' his ambulance. Do you know how weird that is?"

"I thought that too. So you can sneak in and get the keys while I ask him about it." JJ stated as if it were a bulletproof plan.

Red sharply exhaled, "You want me to sneak into your cousin's house and steal his keys?"

"C'mon, R.L., It'll be easy, I know where he keeps them. All you gotta do is lay low while I distract him. I'll signal you that you don't have to do it if he agrees to leave it on, alright?"

"Alright. I'll be your willing accomplice."

"Alright!" JJ whooped, got on the bike, and looked over at Red, waiting for her.

"Should I trust you driving?" Red chuckled, uncrossing her arms and climbing onto the back of the red bike, sending the butterflies in both of the teen's stomachs into a haze of excitement. "Do not go over the speed limit or I swear to God I'm walking."

JJ revved the engine teasingly, "Sorry, I didn't quite hear you." Red rolled her eyes getting half off the bike before JJ pulled her back on. "I was kidding. Just, hold on to me."

Red grabbed onto the blonde's waist tightly, the motorbike finally exhilarating and moving toward the cut where JJ had planned to meet his cousin.

JJ put the bike in the park not far away from where his cousin lived and pulled out a skateboard Red didn't know he had. The pair got off the bike, looking to see where Ricky was.

"There she is." JJ pointed at the ambulance parked outside of what Red guessed to be Ricky's house. "Alright, on my signal, You sneak in through the side door."

"What signal?" Asked Red.

"I'll take my hat off and that's when you come in, okay?" JJ confirmed. "And when I do it for a second time, You give me a thumbs up if you have them."

"Got it." Red nodded. "So they're in the kitchen in one of the top drawers, right?"

"Yes. Not the cabinet, but the drawers. You might have to do some digging to find them, but they're in there somewhere." JJ looked over to where Ricky was. "Alright, wait for my signal."

Red nodded, watching as JJ pulled the skateboard out again, whistling to get his cousin's attention and soon entering the screened area of the man's house and removing his hat.

Red bounced into action, hiding behind the ambulance trying to get to the side door without being seen by Ricky who appeared to be fixing something feet away from JJ.

She slowly and quietly closed the sliding door from the side of the house, sneaking her way into the kitchen which was located just a few rooms away from where JJ and Ricky were chatting, and it didn't sound like Ricky was agreeing to JJ's plan at all, which in Red's eyes was understandable.

Red scrounged through all of the top cabinets, not seeing any keys as JJ described. Red floaties are attached to the keys.

Her blonde head perked up at the sound of Ricky's voice getting closer to her. She kneeled behind the counter, making sure she wasn't in view as she continued looking.

Finally, the bright red color of the floaties came into sight. Red grabbed the keys and backed up against one of the walls she came in from, getting a view of JJ and his cousin as she peeked around the corner.

"Who ran that load up to Cape Fear when your hemp came in hot?" Red heard JJ ask. "Me, alright."

"I'm sorry about your bud. I am."

"Ricky-" JJ removed his hat, looking over to where Red was who gave him a thumbs up and held a thumbs up at him as she impatiently waited.

"But I'm not helping you commit suicide, Sorry," Ricky stated, putting his foot down on the idea. "Now leave me alone. I gotta focus. I'm working an overnight later so if your good..."

JJ looked at Red and then back at Ricky. "No, yeah. I'm cool." JJ hugged Ricky. "Alright, man. See you later."

"Don't do anything stupid."

JJ began walking out of the screened area and over to the side where Red threw him the keys. "Say Hi to Stephanie for me."

The pair walked out of the yard, approaching the ambulance. "Okay, so what's the plan now?"

"Ummm... I kinda forgot that we took two vehicles so you're taking the ambulance."

Red turned to him in shock, "What?! I can't drive an ambulance!"

"Well, You can't drive a motorcycle either. Pick your poison." JJ exclaimed, putting the keys in Red's hand, and running away as she climbed into the ambulance and put the seat forward so she could reach the pedals.

JJ drove forward on the bike, signaling her to follow him. "Sorry, Cousin Ricky." Red breathed, twisting the key into the hole and following JJ as they drove back to the chateau and parked the ambulance in a shed located outside of the home.

Red climbed into the back of the ambulance, checking everything out. "Look at this." She breathed, not paying attention as JJ came back to where she was. Red picked up two full white uniforms, handing one to him. "Happy Halloween."

JJ chuckled lightly at the smaller girl, heading back into the chateau to put the outfit on while Red did the same.

Soon, the pair would be on their way out and into the ambulance where they would wait a few moments for John B's signal to head to the hospital to pick him up.

"So." JJ started, tapping his fingers lightly on the steering wheel in front of him. "What did you and John B talk about yesterday?"

Red perked up, thinking quickly, not wanting him to know that they were talking about him. "Sarah."

"Sarah?"

"Mhm." Red hummed. "I can't believe they're getting married."

"Yeah, it's kinda crazy." JJ chuckled. "You didn't talk about... anything else?"

Red shook her head, still not wanting the truth out. "What about you, what did you talk to Kie about?" Asked Red, trying not to sound too desperate for information.

"Oh- uh..." JJ thought for a moment, also trying to hide that he was talking about Red. "Pope."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yep," JJ stated. "We didn't talk about anyone- anything else."

"Cool."

"Cool." JJ pulled out his phone, the screen lighting up the front of the ambulance. "Waiting on your call, John B." JJ tapped the steering wheel rapidly, letting out a sigh. "C'mon, buddy."

A siren could be heard chirping from outside. Red put her hat down in her face after sending JJ a worried look as the car approached and parked to the side of them.

The driver of the police car hummed. "I hate when it's slow like this, Y'know?"

JJ breathed in, deepening his voice slightly. "Tell me about it man."

"Hey, what happened to Ricky?" The cop asked, leaning forward to get a better look at JJ. "Did he bang out?"

JJ poked his head through the window, letting go of the air he breathed into his cheeks, "Something like that."

"One three Eddie, One three Eddie. We got an unknown at KC detention."

Red grabbed the speaker, bringing up to her mouth, "Uh, yeah. Ten-four. We'll be right there. Thanks so much... Over?"

JJ looked back over to the officer. "Duty calls officer. I'll see you later, you have a good night though, okay?"

JJ turned on the engine before the cop spoke again. "Hold up. I've got nothing to do, I'll pace you."

The officer turned on his sirens, leaving JJ in confusion. The car soon lept ahead of the ambulance.

JJ looked to Red as if asking what to do, "Just- Follow."

JJ nodded, the ambulance soon came out of the park and followed the cop car which now had its sirens on.

The duo would soon pull up to the station, backing up into where they were supposed to pick John B up, but were almost caught when being checked by security.

JJ banged on the door, looking at the lady who had just come out. "Alright, load him up."

The nurse looked around, "You gonna get your patient here, chief?"

"Yeah, right on. Yeah, I'm gonna get my patient." JJ responded, hopping out of the ambulance.

"Well c'mon then."

Red lowered her hat, making it harder to see her face as she closed the passenger door, heaving towards the back.

"Where's Ricky?" Asked the nurse.

"Ricky... Uh..." Red thought for a moment. "Food poisoning."

"Yeah... y'know uh Ming Dynasty off of Highway 25?" JJ played along, tossing the keys to Red. "Them egg rolls, dude. Now they'll get ya. They'll get ya good."

"Uh... so where's the patient?" Asked Red.

"Patient fell out. No LOC but he's orthostatic. Stage 4 lymphoma." The nurse explained, Red quickly realized they must have the wrong patient. "He's been in and out of chemo for the last 3 months."

JJ bent down to take a look at the patient who sat in a wheelchair. He looked over at Red and shook his head, her letting out a sigh. "Uh... is that the only patient tonight there, ma'am?"

"Why, you wanna take more than one tonight?"

"I mean we would if we had to. That's what he's trying to say." Red explained. "Working hard or hardly working, right?"

"Hey, Don't I know you?" Asked the nurse, turning to Red and taking a look at her face which was shaded by her hat.

"No." Red shook her head. "I mean- I just transferred up here so... Don't know how you could have."

"Hm." The nurse hummed, letting Red know that she wasn't off the hook yet.

"I was just thinking... That we were called in because our patient had appendicitis." JJ cut in, still hoping John B had made it. "No? Okay."

"This is our only patient." The nurse crossed her arms, becoming increasingly suspicious. "Where did you say you worked?"

JJ flipped his hat backward, turning back towards the nurse. "Dare County, ma'am."

"I worked over there. Never seen you two."

"That's cause... Y'know we just moved up in the ranks so fast."

"Look, we would love to sit and chat but we gotta get moving, alright," Red told them, moving over to the back doors where she looked for the right key to the back. "We gotta get our patient- to the hospital."

JJ walked over to her, helping her find the right key before the inmate spoke. "JJ... is that you?"

"He's delusional," JJ stated, turning his head towards the man who knew who he was. Red still struggles to find the right key. "We just got different rigs up in New Bern."

Red pulled out one key, about to put it in before JJ pulled it back away as it was too small to fit in the keyhole. "Uh... that's not gonna work."

"Ah. There it is." Red exclaimed, finally using the right key. "Alright." She opened the other door so the patient would be able to be wheeled in. "Okay, let's get him up there."

"So... where is your other partner?" Asked the nurse, getting the attention of both teens.

"I told you... food poisoning." Red responded.

"Who else is gonna look after the patient of your driving?"

"Well... they told me that the officer could drive. We'd just stay in the back." JJ explained.

"No. He's an inmate. I gotta be in the back." The officer stated, climbing back out of the back.

"Wait, you're telling me your gonna be responsible for me not taking care of my patient?" JJ questioned. "Is that what you're telling me? Because look at him. He's weak, pale, and pale. And we gotta do medical stuff on him. Or else we're gonna lose him, okay?"

Red climbed into the back with JJ. "Yeah, you don't want that on your hands."

The officer turned to the nurse. "This didn't happen, okay?"

JJ closed the doors, remaining standing as the ambulance began driving out of the bay.

It wasn't until the pair and the officer had been a few minutes on the road that someone came over the intercom. "Be advised, a 10-63 in progress. I repeat a 10-63 in progress, do you copy?"

The officer pulled the intercom up to his mouth. "Copy."

"Continue with the patient up to the hospital, we have a backup on the way do you copy?"

"I read. 10-4."

JJ cleared his throat, "Officer, everything good up there?" The officer closed the glass between him and the teens. "Officer-" JJ turned to Red in a panic. "What the hell is a 10-63?"

"Uh... It means like-" Red stumbled, trying to remember the codes Shoupe had taught her years earlier. "Subject positive... prepare to copy. I think-"

JJ nodded, standing up and walking over towards the back where they were now being followed by police cars. JJ pulled out his phone and began to text Kie. "C'mon Kie, We need a miracle."

The sirens blared from outside them, only making both of them more anxious and scared of what might happen if they were caught.

JJ banged on the door, becoming increasingly more stressed out and angry with himself for something that he'd tried not to do.

"Shit!" JJ shouted, banging on the door again. Now, It was easy to tell that both of them were screwed over.

Red breathed heavily as she banged on the glass blocking them from the officer, who just ignored the girl.

JJ backed up against the door, sliding down and sitting on the ground, stray tears falling down his cheeks. He swiped his eyes but the tears came flowing anyway as he hyperventilated, placing his hand on his rapidly beating heart.

Red knew the feeling. She knew what it was like to be under duress like this, and she knew what it was like to have an uncontrollable anxiety attack, to the point where she couldn't even breathe.

She didn't know if that was what JJ was experiencing, but she knelt beside him, placing her hands on both of his shoulders.

"Hey, Hey. Calm down, it's gonna be fine. Kie and Pope are coming, okay." Red hushed, still not being able to control the boy's emotions. "Hey, just breathe. Alright? Just In- In." Red breathed in, JJ soon following her steps. "Good, good. Now out." She breathed out. "Just keep breathing. I'm right here, I promise."

JJ continued breathing in and out with her, but Red didn't expect or get immediate change, but instead kept trying to calm him down.

Red wrapped both her arms around him, allowing him to rest his blonde head in her hands as she continued to breathe with him, rubbing the sides of his face and head lightly. "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere."

The ambulance came to an abrupt stop, sending both Red and JJ across the small compartment.

"Sorry! I'm so sorry!" Red heard Kie's voice from outside, her worries immediately disappearing.

"Move! Get your car out of the road!"

JJ opened the back door, grabbing onto Red's hand as the pair ran through the wooded area, just a few seconds later seeing Pope's car, getting inside while trying to catch their breaths.

"Go, go, go!" Red hurried, climbing into the back seat and quickly buckling.

"I'm seriously not even gonna ask," Kie exclaimed from the front seat.

"Look, I busted the wrong guy outta jail. Sue me." JJ shrugged, his voice still delayed as he tried to catch his breath.

Kie looked back in disbelief. "What?!"

"At least I was trying."

"Why is it when something happens it's always you two?" Kie asked, facing back to the road.

"Look, I'm gonna end up in jail anyway so..." JJ spaced out on the center console. "So why does it matter?"

Red shot him a look of sympathy, immediately taking a hold of his hand, clearly catching him off guard and bringing him back to reality. "That's not true. What happens to you is up to you. You can do whatever you want, man."

"Yeah, well. It's kinda in my blood so..."

"Crime isn't something that just runs in the family. Who told you that?" Asked Red, earning a simple shrug from JJ. "The way I see it, good people bring out the good in other people. And good people deserve to write their ending."

JJ looked at her for a moment, trying to hide the look of pure admiration written in his eyes towards her. He'd never felt that with anyone else and he never would. Not even Kie.

"You okay, man?" Asked Pope, genuinely concerned for his friend.

"Yeah." JJ leaned his head back. "Just a doozy of a day."

Red nodded in agreement. She would soon split from the group, heading back to her own house where she got some sleep that she still needed, just not as much as the day before. JJ was right. It had been one hell of a day. One hell of a week.

Oh but this was not the half of her week. No peace ever lasts forever.

Red woke up the next morning in a good mood for no particular reason. It was just one of those days that had the potential for good or bad. It felt like it was all up to her.

She slipped out of bed, putting some sort of outfit on before heading back over to the Chateau to see JJ, Pope, and Kie.

Kie sat adjacent to Red while playing her ukelele as JJ waxed his board, being judged by Pope.

"That's a lot of wax on your board, man," Pope observed. "You put too much wax on there, it's gonna be slippery."

JJ stopped, turning his head to his friend. "Are you telling me how to wax my board, Pope?"

"No, I was just saying that was a lot of wax."

"No, you're telling me how to wax my board. Are you kidding me?"

"That's a colossal waste of wax."

"Guys." Kie glared at the two of them. "Act your age."

It was then a car could be heard honking, coming in their direction. Red looked around at the others, seemingly hearing it too. "Did you hear that?"

It didn't take long for a brown minivan, also called the Twinkie carrying John B to come into the teen's sight, propping them out of their seats.

"Are you serious?" Asked Kie, in utter disbelief.

"No frikin way!" Red covered her mouth, hitting JJ on the shoulder.

"Hold on. Am I dreaming?" Asked JJ, Red shaking her head in response.

"Guess who's out of the clink, boy?!" John B climbed out of the van, running over to them.

The group rushed over to him, engulfing him in a bear hug all at once.

"C'mon!"

"We missed you!"

"I missed you guys too."

JJ pulled away from the hug, his blue eyes darted towards John B. "How'd you do it? Did you bust out?"

"Uh... they dropped the charges." John B replied, in disbelief himself.

"The dropped the charges?" Asked Red, placing both her hands on John B's shoulders. "Like all of them?"

John B nodded in response, Red letting out a laugh and pulling him into a hug again.

"That's phenomenal" Kie exclaimed.

"So you're telling me... We did all that work for nothing?" Questioned JJ, pointing between him and Red.

"Oh, the most elaborate escape plan of all time?" Pope teased.

"Oh, 'foolproof'" Kie followed, doing air quotes with her fingers.

"Yeah, it was actually-"

"Yeah, it really wasn't."

"Wait, wait, wait. Where's Sarah?" Asked John B, seeing that Sarah wasn't with them. The group looked at eachother in silence, not knowing the answer. "No, no, no. Where's Sarah?"

Red shook her head, "She went to go meet Wheezie last night. I haven't heard from her."

The group exchanged looks again, soon heading to the back where they sat down by the boats.

John B placed his arms on the rails after a few minutes of silence. "So Sarah just dips and doesn't call?"

"Yeah, man. She just left her bag... didn't tell anybody." Pope replied, sitting over by JJ.

"Okay, dude. I-I-I I really think Ward got to her." John B stressed, walking towards the group. "I mean the guy tried to have me killed in jail."

"What?" Asked Red, suddenly concerned for both his and Sarah's safety.

"Yeah." John B nodded. "He sent somebody to the prison. He yoked me up and almost killed me."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes!"

"Do we know who this dude was?" Questioned JJ, turning his head towards John B.

"No, I have no idea." John B sighed, climbing onto the boat. "Dude, I swear to God, Someday I'm gonna kill him."

"It's okay." Kie smiled.

"No, Kie. It's not okay, we gotta find Sarah."

"No, literally it's okay. She's right there." Kie stated, pointing to the distance where Sarah could be seen approaching with Bennie and Topper.

Sarah stood up, surprised to see John B. "John B? John B!"

"What the hell is she doing with Topper?" Kie whispered to Red, only earning a shrug.

"Oh my God, he's out!" Sarah exclaimed, climbing to the bow of the boat to anchor up.

"Ho-ly shit." Bennie breathed, helping Sarah out. "How did you... what?"

Sarah climbed off the boat first, giving John B a giant hug. "I didn't know If I'd see you again..."

Sarah pulled away from John B, giving Bennie room to nudge her face into the crook of his neck as she was elevated from the side of the boat. "Oh God, I thought I'd never get to hug you ever again."

John B patter her shoulder, "Alright. Enough emotional, Jet. let's go back to being siblings."

"Oh, right." Bennie pulled away, placing her hands on her hips. "Okay uh... Stop it, get some help."

Sarah pulled John B into another hug, "What happened?"

"Uh, they dropped all the charges."

"What?" Sarah breathed.

"Yeah, no. Yeah, I'm a free man. Yeah." Sarah chuckled happily, hugging him yet again. "Yeah. It's great. But listen Sarah... and Bennie, they're coming after Rafe."

Although Sarah's face held the same expression, Bennie's smile vanished as she turned to Topper, who simply shrugged. Sarah looked at John B, "Good, he's completely unhinged... He jumped me last night."

"What?" Asked Red.

"That's why I didn't come back," Sarah explained.

"Yeah, man. Rafe has lost his mind." Topped chimed in. "he literally almost drowned his own sister. I mean... If Bennie didn't see Rafe on Wheezie's phone, and she didn't tell me, Who knows what could have happened? We got there... we got there just in time."

"Yeah." Sarah turned back to John B. "They did."

"Well... I guess I owe you one, Topper." John B said, not facing him till the end of his sentence. "Don't I?"

Topper chuckled. "It's all good. I mean... somebody had to rescue your girlfriend... right."

"Uh... that's funny. Cause she's not actually my girlfriend, right?"

"Uh... Well, what is she then?" Asked Topper, a smile playing on his face.

John B shrugged, "Tell him."

"I-I'm with him." Sarah smiled, Kie and Red cringing in the back.

"Okay, gotcha." Topper chuckled. "Your with him. I just need a little... clarity there." Topper faced the pogues. "You guys clear on that?"

"Totally." Bennie nodded. "But... uh..."

"I think it's clear you gotta go now, JJ stated, still not liking the idea of Topper after he almost drowned John B wees earlier.

"Yeah, I think It's about that time." Topper agreed.

"Topper," Sarah called, hugging the blonde. "Thank you."

"Yeah, of course. Glad you okay." Topper smiled, looking at John B while hugging Sarah, a blank expression on his face. Topper pulled away, looking over at Bennie. "Your... gonna stay."

Bennie nodded, "Yeah. I'm gonna stay here. Thanks, Top."

Topper chuckled, soon driving the boat away and retreating to figure eight without Bennie or Sarah. The rest of the group split up into different areas of the Chateau. Bennie stuck around the porch, trying to fix the radio by aggressively hitting hit, Pope and Kie had their own conversation, as did Sarah and John B. Which left Red and JJ seated on the couch, scrolling through whatever channels they could find on the old TV.

"Hey," JJ spoke up, lowering the volume. "You alright?"

Red turned her head to face him, a reassuring smile planted across her lips, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Have you been... uh- sleeping?"

"Yeah?" Red responded in a questioning tone. "What's with the questions?"

"Just makin' sure you're alright."

Red nodded again, facing back towards the TV. "Yep."

"Okay." JJ stood up, turning the TV off. "We need to talk."

"Do we?" Red teased, realizing he was serious. "Oh God, about what?"

"About this casual friendship thing. I don't like it."

Red chuckled in disbelief. "JJ, you said you wanted to be friends too, Remember?"

"I lied. Of course, I lied!"

Red opened her mouth, no words being able to fight their way out. "I-I don't know what you want me to say."

"Look, Red." JJ sat down on the couch next to her. "I liked you. I liked you like a lot. And when you like someone like that, it doesn't just... go away like the flu or somethin' so what I'm trying to get at here is that I still feel like that."

"JJ." Red breathed. "I... I know. And I feel like that too."

"Great! So what are you waiting for?" Asked JJ, throwing his hands in the air. "Because if I love you, and you love me, there should be nothing stopping us."

"Don't do that."

"What?"

"Don't- Don't love me, alright?" Red looked down at her feet, tears building up in her eyes. "It's too damn hard. It's been proven so many times. You are so much better off without me."

"No, No- I'm not., JJ assured. "I'm better off with you. It's you that makes me wanna be a better person. It's you that makes me wanna give up all the things that I love but are bad. It's always been you. And I'm not gonna just agree with you when you say that you're not worth loving. Because neither am I. But you loved me anyway, and I'm gonna do the same for you no matter how long it takes me, alright?"

Red stared at him blankly, wanting nothing more than to believe him. "Don't go wasting your affection. You deserve someone who can keep you happy. I know I can't do that."

"Red, you already do." JJ walked closer to her.

"I'm sorry." Red cried, stepping back from him. "I can't let you love me. It takes too much time, and too much effort." Red began walking away from him.

"Really?" Asked JJ, making her turn around. "I just poured my heart out to you and your just gonna walk away and brush me off?"

"I'm not brushing you off, JJ. I'm saving you." Red shook her head. "This is what I mean. We're not even together, and we already have problems."

With that, JJ shook his head and walked away, John B storming back into the house as he exited. Red immediately picked up John B's energy. Just by looking at his face, you could tell that he was pissed off, and when John B was pissed off, so was Red.

Red heard a slam of his bedroom door, which slowly opened seconds later due to it being broken. The blonde sighed, walking down the hallway and peeking her head into his bedroom, where John B sat on the side, running his fingers through his sunkissed hair.

John B acknowledged her presence, immediately trying to gather himself. Red gave him a half smile, sitting next to him on the bed. "What's up with you?"

John B looked down at his hands, shaking his head slowly at her question. "I just... I- I don't know."

"Is this about Topper?" Asked Red, already knowing his response.

"Yeah." John B sighed. "It's not that I think Sarah did anything, because I don't blame her... but she also couldn't even tell Topper that we were married. It was like... she was ashamed or something."

"She's not ashamed. She loves you."

"I know." He breathed. "What do you think?"

"You really wanna know?"

"Yes. Be my conscience." John B grinned, taking both hands that she held out to him as if about to read his palms although not having a clue how to do so.

"I think you may be overreacting just a smidge with the whole Topper thing. Understandably, Sarah would keep that from him. It just wasn't the right time. But I see why you could be upset about it." Red reported. "The best thing you can do when disagreeing with a girl is try to resolve it by talking."

"So... I talk to her? About Topper?" Asked John B, really not seeing how this could help him, but rather make it worse.

"I know, it sounds like an awful plan, but I'll tell you this." Red looked around briefly, taking a breath. "Boys always ask themselves what they could do to fix things, and it's always talk. I remember whenever I got into an argument with Lucas... or JJ, They just needed to put effort into talking to me about it."

Just as Red was about to continue her girl talk with John B, JJ stormed into the room, catching both of their attention as John B shot him a confused look.

"Just got a call from Guffy, something's up with Heyward," JJ reported. Almost immediately, Red tore away from John B, walking past JJ to the Twinkie.

One minute everything was great, and the next Red was bandaging Heyward's banged-up forehead with a bandage. "Let me know if this is hurting, alright?" Red spoke lightly, applying the bandaid.

"You're doing fine." Heyward half-smiled. Red finished applying the brown bandage to him, patting it lightly. "Thank you, darling."

Pope walked over to Heyward, still shaken up by the scenario. "Pops, what happened?"

"Oh, I should have known better..." Heyward groaned. Red walked away to take a seat by John B, who sat glaring at Sarah. "He came in just as I was about to lock up... caught me by surprise. Once he had me down, he put his knee on my chest, and he asked me about that... that key from that... that drawing you showed me. And in case you're wondering, I didn't tell him anything. Did you track it down?"

Pope pulled a small key out of his pocket and handed it over to his father. "I found it in Mee-Maw's old apartment above the pharmacy."

"Boy, you should've given this to me. I wouldn't have had to take a beating." Heyward breathed. "What's the big deal? It ain't worth anything. Why do they want it so bad?"

"I don't know." Pope shrugged. "First I got this letter telling me I had to go to Charleston. Then I met this rich lady who wanted me to give her a key that I didn't even know was in my family."

"None of it makes sense." Kie acquired, shaking her head.

"Well, don't y'all just sit here whining about it? Figure it out!"

"No, I'm just gonna give the key to that lady. It's not worth-"

"No, no, no. Did I raise you to back down from a fight, boy?" Heyward interrupted.

Pope shook his head, "No, sir."

"Well alright." Heyward nodded. "No, I... I didn't think about it before... I admit that. But now..." Heyward pointed to the top of his forehead where Red had just patched up. "Now? I'm interested. Well... did they say why they wanted it?"

"Somethinng about... an old cross?" Pope replied, shrugging his shoulders. "I think it's some kind of lost treasure."

Heyward held up the key once again to Pope. "You know who you should talk to? Your great grandmother, Mee-maw."

The teens looked at eachother, the same tilted head matching Red's in curiosity. And it didn't take long for the pogues to get on the road.

It had been a while since Red rode in the Twinkie until today. She watched from the back seat that Sarah and John B exchanged looks, almost feeling bad.

As soon as John B's hazel eyes landed on Red, she mouthed 'Talk!' earning a shrug from John B. She knew it might take him of all people a minute to figue out just what to say.

"Guys, the thing that Limbrey said. I don't think she mean to let it slip." Pope acquired, backed up to John B's seat. "She said, 'the key leads to the Cross of Santa Domingo'"

"Wait, can I see that?" JJ reached into the back seat for the key, which Pope later handed over.

"Are we supposed to know what that is?" Questioned Sarah, sadness lacing her voice. Or maybe it was anger. Who's to tell the difference?

"I'm guessing it's some sort of historical artifact of great importance."

"According to Google, It was a gift from New Spain to the Spanish king." Bennie read out loudfrom her phone screen.

"New Spain? Is there an Old Spain?" Asked JJ.

Bennie tilted her phone down to look at the boy, "I am fully convince you never graduated Kindergarden."

"Talk about overgifting. Look at that thing." Kie held out the phone to the rest of the car. "Looks like theres a person standing next to it."

"So it's a giant-ass cross." JJ shrugged.

"It was widely considered at that time to be the most extravagant tribute ever form the provinces." Bennie continued. Red exchanged secret glances with JJ at the word 'extravagant'. "It was lost on the Coast of Bremuda in 1829."

"Did you just say Bremuda?" Questioned JJ, turning his head back towards the group.

"Oh no, not the triangle." John B groaned.

"It always leads back to the triangle dude, Like every time somethings weird it's in Bremuda." It was funny that JJ mentioned a triangle. Maybe not the right kind, but he was right, it always led back to the triangle.

"Well, what does a key you founf above your Mee-Maw's pharmacy have to do with any of this lost treasure stuff?" Red asked, her attention turned towards Pope. "Where do we come in?"

"I don't know." Pope looked down. "That's a good question."

The twinkie soon came to a halt in front of what was presumbable Mee-Maw's house. Pope edited the car, Kie already half-way out when Pope stopped her.

"Hey um... I think I'm actually gonna do this one by myself."

JJ exchanged confused looks with Kie. "You sure?" She asked.

"Yeah. I can handle it. I don't really need you... so." Pope shrugged.

Bennie's head popped out of the van underneath Kie. "I do recall the last time someone tried to do a 'solo mission'." Bennie raised an eyebrow, looking at John B.

"Oh we're just all one big happy family today, aren't we." JJ said sarcastically, even referring to him and Red's conversation earlier.

Both JJ and Kie hopped back into the Twinkie as they prepared to leave. John B stuck his head out the window, "hey man, we'll pick you up in a bit."

The group headed somewhere where the girl got out go get some drinks and talked about their boy problems, minus Bennie who probably had none.

"Of course I thanked Topper. He saved my life. And to think that that's the crime of the century." Sarah vented, walking slowly back towards the Twinkie.

"Tell me about it. All of this crazy stuff is happening and Pope's giving me the silent treatment for not being in love with him."

"Wow, you two seem like the good guys in your situation." Red sighed. "I feel like the villain."

"Why, what happened?" Asked Bennie, raising a brow at Red.

"Well... I like him. At least I think I like him. I know I like him. And he likes me too. Simple as pi." Red explained, messing with the rims of her cup. "But I can't help but think he's making a mistake. Can't help but know he's making a mistake. I'm too complicated for anyone let alone JJ Maybank."

"And we're the dramatic ones?" Sarah teased.

"Sure."

"100%"

The girls climbed back into the car, still chuckling about Sarah's comment made seconds earlier. Now, the teens left to go pick Pope up from his Mee-Maw's.

As soon as Pope entered the van, he let out a heavy exhale, as if he had heard something he didn't want to hear, or was just a lot to take in.

"So... dow'd it go?" Asked John B.

"Shit just got way more personal."

After Pope explained vertually everything to the Pogues, they met over by the docks to talk more about everything.

"I still can't believe that your related to Denmark Tanny!" JJ whooped, walking over to Pope. "Uh huh!"

John B looked around, "Are we in the presence of a royal?"

"A king?" Bennie continued, pretending to faint dramatically.

"We shall crown him. All hail the lord of Tannyhill." JJ cheered in a british voice, Everyone bowing to Pope.

"Alrigtht everybody relax. Can we relax, please?" Asked Pope, pretending not to like the attention.

"Relocate the cat's ass, question mark?" Asked Sarah, a beer in hand.

"I'm with that!" JJ stated, pointing at her.

"How soon can we move in?" Questioned Kie, Jokingly.

"Cause I don't have a place to stay."

"Me either. Bunk beds?"

"Bunk beds!" JJ cheered, a smile creeping onto Red's lips. "Cheers to that."

"I just keep thinking about the letter." Pope stated, kind of killing the vibe. "The one that Limbrey sent. It had the wheat symbol on it. Like that must mean it has something to do with the Royal Merchant."

"Yeah... something seems fishy." Jj agreed.

"Buzzkill." Bennie fake coughed, earning an eyeroll from Pope.

"But if we find the cross, we can split it. Just like we did with the gold."

"Yeah! I'm with that."

"And live happily ever after?" The voice of a woman flooded the teen's ears. They all turned their heads to see Limbrey and Renfield, the one who answered the door back in Charleston.

Red stiffened at the sight of Renfield. She couldn't help but still feel violated by what he said to her in Charleston.

Pope approached both of them, the anger in his tone rising. "You assaulted my father." Renfield put his arm out, pushing him furtehr back.

"Oh I didn't assult anybody." Limbret defended, her voice light and high.

"He can identify a psychopath from a mile away." Red voiced, looking over at Renfield. "Or a pervert."

"Why would my employee assault you further? This- That's absurd." Limbrey laughed. It was hard to tell if she was lying or not. "Listen, we can keep negotiating but the fact is... that I want the key. And I don't have a choice. Which means you don't either." Renfield pushed Pope harder against a pillar.

Red looked over at John B, who held up the key. "It's Limbrey... right?" He asked, getting her attention quickly.

"Yes." Limbrey replied, getting closer to John B.

"Is this what your looking for?"

"Yes... it is."

"Looking at the tide right now, I'd say it's about 20 feet deep out there. So if I just threw it in the channel, the probability of you finding it is slim to none. Wanna give it a shot?" Teased John B, getting ready to throw it. "Ready?"

"NO, hey!"

John B threw the key over to Red, who was closer to the water.

"Please don't do that." Limbrey's attention was suddenly turned to Red, who held up the key teasingly.

"Get him to back up."

"Of course." Limbrey faced Renfield. "Back up." Renfield backed up from Pope. "As I have told you from the beginning, I am willing to be reasonable."

"Okay." Pope replied, nodding his head. "I'll give you they key. But I want the tape."

"Of course. Of couse."

"Pope, hey, hey, hey, hey." John B approached. "You don't have to do this, okay?"

"No, it's okay."

"No, this is your family!"

"Hey, it's fine. It's okay." Pope stopped him, lowering his tone. "This is about your dad. That's way more important." Red inhaled, placing the key in Pope's plam.

Limbrey sighed, "Oh... your a good friend."

"The tape?"

"Yes, give him the tape."

Renfield passed Pope the tape recorder as he traded her for the key.

"You know, I wish that you'd come to this decision earlier." Library voiced, walking away. "We could have avoided all this unpleasantness."

Renfield stopped for a minute before heading out. "See you around, Pope. And it was so nice to see you again, Shoupe."

"A little close, aren't you?" JJ sneered, stepping slightly infront of Red. Renfield walked away from the group, a scoff excaping him. "How long do you think we have until she realizes that that's your fathers old key?"

"Ten minutes." John B replied.

Pope turned around, still in shock. "Who's idea was the fake key?"

"Shockingly, not mine." Kie shook her head.

"Hm." John B hummed, wrapping an arm around JJ, who scrunched hsi nose up in pride. "Should we tell 'em?"

"Wow-" Kie whooped, shocked that JJ had a good idea. "I'm impressed! Maybe you are good for something.

"Did hell freeze over?" Teased Pope, joining the boy huddle, shaking JJ side to side.

"Even a bind pig can find an acorn at times!" JJ laughed. "I actually don't know what that saying means but I saw it on Reddit."

"We gotta take this tape to my dad, like right now." Red chuckled, beginning to walk out with the rest of the group.

John B agreed to take the tape to Shoupe with Red, leaving the rest of them in the Twinkie.

As soon as Red walked into the station, she immediately ran to her dad, engulfing him in a hug. "Hi, Daddy."

"Red? What are you doin' here?" He asked, soon being answered when John B walked, in holding up a tape. "What the hell is that?"

"It's proof." Red responded, being taken into her dad's office.

John B pressed play on the tape, another detective listening to it beside Shoupe. "When I got down to the tarmac, I saw the sheriff lying dead on the ground. And then Ward asked me to fly the gold to Nassau and dispose of the gun. He's protecting his son! It was Rafe Cameron that killed Sheriff Peterkin. I... I gotta be honest with you I am terrified. If anything happens to me, I'm telling you it was Ward Cameron. He's the one who did it!" The tape soon finished, an inprint of Gavin's voice left in Red's mind.

"I told you, Shoupe. Ward killed my father and Gavin." John B explained. "And now you know Rafe killed Peterkin."

Shoupe nodded knowingly. "Yeah... I know, kid. I know."

"W-what do you mean you know?" Asked Red, confused that if he knew he would have locked Ward up immediately. "How'd you know?"

Shoupe sighed, "I did some digging of my own after you kids came and told me everything. But it wasn't enough to prove someone guilty of murder. But now it is."

"What?" Red couldn't believe what she was hearing. Did he believe her? "You believed me? You believed us?"

"Not at first, Red. Not at first. Now, I reckon you two get out of here. I've gor two people to arrest."

Red laughed softly, soon exiting the station and heading towards the Chateau.

The girls sat outside as the boys celebrated the idea of Ward going to jail. Sarah was understandably upset that her dad was going to jail, but so was Bennie. She had to come to terms with the fact that she'd probably never see Rafe again.

It was complicated with Rafe and Bennie. She acted a his caretaker, the only one who seemed to care about him, and Rafe matched that energy to her as if her was his own little sister.

The thing was, Rafe had always been Bennie's role model. Even when she was little. Like how a little sibling looks up to their big sibling. To Bennie, Rafe was superman. And no amount of wrongdoings, she would still ove him. That would never change.

And as for Sarah, that was her dad. Red couldn't imagine if what had happened to Sarah happened to herself. She could completely understand why Sarah would be so upset.

"Do you regret it?" Asked Kie, out of the blue.

Sarah shook her head, "No. He deserves all of it.... And I know that."

"He's your dad. You love him. I get that." Red tilted her head, her heart heavy for Sarah. "It must suck to be in the middle."

The coversation was cut short when Sarah's phone started to ring. She mattered a small 'sorry' before walking away to take the call.

Apparently, Ward was about to be taken away, and Sarah wanted to say something to him before he was. Which was completly reasonable.

"Oh my God." Sarah breathed, looking at all the police cars surrounding the Cameron Estate. "Can we please hurry? I need to be there for Wheezie."

"You think I wanna miss this?" Asked John B, no expression whatsoever in his tone.

The Twinkie soon came to a halt outside of the house, each teen exiting all at once. The peered over the fence at the countless officers around the estate.

"Holy shit..." Sarah breathed.

"Screw it. I'm going over." John B hopped the fence, the others follwoung close behind him as JJ helped each of them over.

"Look! It's Wheezie!" Bennie pointed out, Sarah immediately approaching her sister in a hug.

"Go inside... don't come out." Sarah instructed, pulling away from her sister.

Wheezie obeyed, quickly. The rest of them rushing towards the dock which was also surrounded by officers around Ward and My Druthers.

"Dad!" Sarah yelled, seeing Ward standing at the top of the boat.

They had to push through the police to get further down the dock, in front of the giant boat.

"Sarah what are you doing here?" Ward shouted.

"Dad! What are you doing?"

"Vic! You gotta get her out of here, she can't be here right now!" Ward yelled towards Shoupe.

"Just come in and you... you... you talk to her!" Shoupe pleaded.

"Sarah, I'm so sorry, baby! I can't!"

Ward began pulling the anchor up, "Dad! What are you doing? Dad, no, no, no!

"Ward! This ain't gonna end the way you want it to!" Victor shouted. "You don't need her seeing this!"

"No, dad don't leave! Where are you going?" Yelled Sarah, watching as Ward climbed down the ladder.

"I love you!"

"Hey! Damn it, Ward!" Victor shouted, trying to stop him. "Turn it around and get back in here!"

The wail of the sirens immediately stopped when a giant bang filled their ears along with the smell of smoke and the sight of fire as the boat exploded.

JJ immediately wrapped both arms around Red, covering her head and face from any debris.

Sarah's voice broke as she cried for her dad. The rest of the teens stood there in too much shock to even move.

"Dad!" Sarah cried. "Dad!"

Red watched as Topper ran over to Sarah, wrapping both arms around her as she fell to the floor in tears. Bennie soon following her brother's actions as she ran over to Sarah, trying to console her as she continued crying.

Ward Cameron was dead.

the way she held him <3333 

I actually can't. 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 5K 37
Have you ever thought, just maybe, you belong with me? siivermist ยฉ 2023/24. jj maybank x fem!oc...
12.7K 601 7
i was filled with poison but blessed with beauty and rage ๐“ขึดเป‹ outer banks ๐“ขึดเป‹ jj maybank x fem!oc ๐“ขึดเป‹ season one - tbd ...
2.5K 31 18
The summer of your life. It started with a cop chase but what lays ahead is so much more. There will be conflicts, feelings, death, and love. What wi...