𝐱𝐢. midsummers

"now that she's back
in the atmosphere,
I'm afraid she might
think of me as,"

IT WAS THE NEXT DAY, and Pope, JJ, Red, and Kie were hanging around Heyward's talking about the inconvenience the night before.

"Don't let it get to your head," JJ stated. "Three of them, two of us. That's some typical kook shit right there."

"Hell yeah." Kie agreed.

"What was your thought process?" Questioned JJ. "Using you're head?"

"I don't know man, I just kind of... acted off instinct," Pope responded.

"Makes sense. Most people have that reflex that just... kicks in right when you need it." Red commented, shooting Pope a wide smile.

"Yeah. I was a cornered animal." Pope added as Red made her way over to JJ to stand next to him.

"Pope, someone's here to see you." Just then, Heyward walked into the room followed by the one and only, Victor Shoupe, who didn't seem surprised to see his daughter wrapped under the arm of the blonde beside her.

Pope looked at Red, as if in question, then back at Shoupe. "Evening officer."

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." The deputy held a paper in his hand, handing it over to Heyward.

"What?"

"Hands where I can see them." Shoupe began walking towards Pope, sending Red and JJ back as she shrugged his arm off her shoulder and cleared her throat.

"Woah! Shoupe, what'd he do?" Asked Heyward, putting his hands out in front of him as if defending his son.

"Take a look at the warrant." He responded, placing Pope in handcuffs as a petrified expression planted its way onto his face.