𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. hometown heroes

"it's obvious. tonight is

gonna be the loneliest."

18 MONTHS LATER...

"AN EXPEDITION OF ONE MAN, John Routledge, and a group of teenagers who are with us today." Red Shoupe sat near center stage in the center of The Outer Banks beside the pogues, who were dressed in their best clothes, eighteen months after they discovered El Dorado. Red looked over at John B, the two exchanged a smile. "Locals, who grew up here and who succeeded where centuries of conquistadors, admirals, and explorers have failed. Today, we come together to celebrate these teens, friends from both sides of the island who came together to solve this 500 year old mystery. Let's hear it for them!"

Red grabbed hold of Pope and Bennie's hands as she stood up, the audience cheering loudly for every last one of them. Red looked over at her father, who sat on the other side of the stage, proud of his daughter. She then looked out in the audience, where she found her mom, step-dad, brother, and sister. Moriah cheered loudly, chanting Red's name.

Of course, Red's eyes landed on Rafe Cameron, her boyfriend for over a year now. He winked at her, to which she smiled widely. Red side-hugged Pope at the sight of his parents, to which he happily accepted.

After the ceremony was over, Red rushed over to her mother and gave her a hug. It had only been a month since Red's last visit, but she was so busy with her new job, a very notable public speaker, just like she wanted to be.