𝐱𝐥𝐯. everybody needs a little time away

"nobody else here. tonight 

is gonna be the loneliest."

THAT NIGHT WAS PROBABLY ONE of the top ten worst of Red's whole life. She wanted an escape, so early the next morning, despite the calls from all the pogues, Red packed her stuff up and booked the fairy to Charleston.

Not only did she do it to get away, but her dad had given her the address of her grandfather, Martian Welles, who would know where Red could find her mom.

Red took one last glance at her room for however long before dragging her suitcase down the steps and out the door of the car. She loaded her suitcase into her car, then took off, no thoughts in her brain.

In the words of Chicago, Even lovers need a vacation. So that's why she was leaving.

An 8-hour ferry ride was all Red needed to remind her what impacts her decision to leave without telling anyone except her father would make. She couldn't talk to the pogues, not after what happened the day prior. Especially not after she 'quit' being a pogue and ran off.

John B had made many calls to her throughout the night, apologizing and asking her to come back, but none of his convincing changed Red's mind. She as going to find her mom not only because she needed a distraction, but also because she needed to know.

Sending one last text to her dad, telling him that she had arrived at the coast of Charleston, Red took a breath and stepped out of the fairy, getting a fresh whiff of the ocean air.