𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. deadly welcome home gift

"Your body next to mine,

it's just a memory."

IT WAS A LONG BOAT RIDE before the teens got even near the marsh, but the boat time was a good time for both sides to share what the others missed.

Pope assisted Red as she climbed off the dock, whipping herself down and muttering a small 'Thank you' to Pope as he moved on to helping Sarah.

The group would eventually settle that they would split up into two groups, sorted by boys and girls since there was an even amount of both.

The girls spend minutes looking for food, and Kiara held up a watermelon, holding it like a trophy. "Jackpot!" She voiced, getting the attention of Bennie, Sarah, and Red who rushed over towards her, splitting two watermelons in half so there would be enough for both of them.

The girls took a comfortable seat at the bench not far from where they had picked their feast, digging into the red and green fruit.

"Okay, So... you got married?" Kie asked, splashing the juice off of her hands.

"It wasn't exactly legal... but..." Sarah looked up at the girls, anxiously waiting for a response. "Yeah."

"Not exactly how I planned to get a sister, but I'm all for it." Bennie grinned, looking down at her sticky hands. "I would give you a high five, but... y'know."

Sarah smiled at the girl before looking back over toward Kie and Red. "Am I crazy or is there something going on between... you and Pope."

"Maybe." Kie shrugged, smiling slightly.

"That's not a no."

Kie gave Sarah an admiring look, "It's not a no."

"Girl-" Sarah whined, directing her attention towards Red. "What about you and JJ? I noticed you weren't holding hands or anything. Trouble in paradise?"