𝐯𝐢𝐢. cry little sister

"now that she's back fromher soul vacation, tracing herway through theconstellation

her soul vacation, tracing her
way through the
constellation."

DESPITE BEING ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED after the entire thing with the men, Nobody was really sure what to do with Bennie.

Of course, they couldn't just say goodbye and forget she was ever there. She had just experienced something traumatic.

"Okay." John B started as they sat on the front porch, this time with Bennie sitting in between JJ and Red. "Look Bennie. You can't tell anyone about any of this."

"Wasn't planning on it." Bennie replied. "So... I guess that's just it? I just act like I wasn't there?"

"I mean... yeah." John B shrugged.

"Oh." Bennie sighed. "Well, I guess I'll... see you around."

With that, Bennie left until JJ spoke up, bringing the girls eyes from the floor. "Wait."

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Why can't she come with us?" JJ asked, somewhat stupidly.

"Because she's a kid, JJ." Pope explained. "And no matter how much she can act our age, We can't put her life on the line like that."

"Well she's still here, isn't she?" Asked JJ. "Look, if Bennie can survive two men with guns coming here with no notice and outsmart them, she can totally do way more things."

"JJ, it doesn't work like that-"

"And- her grandpa is a judge." JJ walked over to Bennie, now with hope in her eyes. "Therefore if we get caught, not only is she our alibi, but she can get the judge on our side."

They all looked at each other before Red spoke up. "Sure, but there is absolutely no guarantee that she won't die before she can tell him."

"I won't die." Bennie piped in, walking closer to the two. "JJ's right, If I can survive them, I can survive anything. And plus, now I have the high ground. I can totally blackmail you and anyone else if they decide to let their words slip."