Chance or Destiny (crossover...

By Seimily

Billy Batson and his family move from Philadelphia to Shadyside for Victor's job, but on the way he falls in... More

Introducing the characters
Chapter 1.-A plot twist in Philly
Chapter 2.-How can you mend a broken heart?
Chapter 3.-Moving on up
Chapter 4.-The new kid in town
Chapter 5.-Getting to know each other
Chapter 6.-Life is a rollercoaster
Chapter 7.-Obstacles
Chapter 8.-Billy in Andi Shack
Chapter 9.-Family issues
Chapter 11.-Lessons in love
Chapter 12.-Secrets are revealed
Chapter 13.-Duty calls
Chapter 14.-Shh 2.0
Chapter 15.-A shocking discovery
Chapter 16.-The truth comes to light
Chapter 17.-Second chance at the Mini Golf
Chapter 18.-The good Hair Crew Welcome Comitee
Chapter 19.-The secret admirer
Chapter 20.-Game of love
Chapter 21.-Against all odds
Chapter 22.-I heard it through the grapevine
Chapter 23.-Choices are made
Chapter 24.-Andi's revenge
Chapter 25.-Its complicated
Chapter 26.-Reasons

Chapter 10.-Crossroads

139 5 1
By Seimily

After Andi's amazing day with Billy, she was now having pizza for dinner with her mom, who also happened to be her best friend. 

"You look different," Bex said with a smile. 

"Different?" Andi repeated placing her bitten slice of pizza back on the plate after chewing it. "In what way? I'm the same girl" 

"Of course you're still you and I don't want you to change your essence; remember the last time it happened when you tried to be like me" Bex told her. 

"Oh yeah, Cece was really scared" Andi remembered that time she came out of the house dressed as Bex and Celia was quite horrified. "But it was only to teach her a lesson, in the end I was myself again" 

"I mean you look different but that's a good thing" Bex told her. "You look beaming and smile, maybe just because Jonah isn't in your head or the other option is...a cute guy named Billy Batson?" Andi blushes and giggles. "I knew it! So...spit it out, what happened between the two of you" 

"Billy is...amazing mom, he's super cute and sweet and..." Andi blushed again. 

"Something else happened, right?" Bex wanted to know, Andi said nothing and took another bite of her slice of pizza. "Come on, what happened?" 

"I'm eating" Andi replied with her mouth full and went back to chewing. 

"Okay, you don't have to tell me" Bex replied and as they both continued eating, Andi's phone vibrated, it was a notification. "huh, a text from Billy" she picked up the phone. 

"No! Don't read that!" Andi tried to warn her but it was too late, Bex read the text anyway. 

"Hey Andi it's Billy; I can't stop thinking about our first kiss," Bex read aloud. "and then we kissed again at your porch" 

"Kill me now," Andi whispered, Bex staring at her daughter with wide eyes. "Bex, I think that's enough..." 

"You're an amazing girl and I love being around you, I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Sweet dreams pretty butterfly," Bex finished reading. 

"Okay stop" Andi said nervously and snatched the phone from her. "That was humiliating" she hid her face in the cushion.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that" Bex replied handing the phone back to her daughter.

"It's like I read your diary" Andi replied. "Well, I partly discovered your ex's picture in an empty cookie box so we're even, but still.

"At least I'm glad to know that Billy Batson is a good guy," Bex replied.

"Okay let's forget what just happened" Andi replied. "I'll tell you what happened with Billy a while ago if you want"

"I thought you wanted to keep it a secret" Bex told her.

"Yeah but you and I both know secrets aren't your thing" Andi replied. "I found out you weren't my sister, my parents are actually my grandparents and my dad was your high school sweetheart so...let's promise there won't be any secrets between us from now on"

"I promise, but only if you want to tell me Andi, it's also the right thing to do to respect the other person's privacy," Bex commented. "I made a mistake when I read Billy's messages on your phone"

"Well if you want to know...oh wait, you already know. The text that Billy sent me explains everything," Andi commented. "He and I kissed four times."

"Oh my gosh my baby girl already had her first kiss" Bex said getting emotional. "I knew this moment would come"

"What a moment?" Andi wanted to know.

"The moment where your daughter goes on a date and her first kiss with the boy she likes" Bex replied. "I can't wait for the day when you receive your diploma when you graduate from college, get married and have kids"

"That's still a long way to go" Andi told her with a smile, by then both of them had finished dinner and were just talking quietly on the couch.

"Let's start with the basics, that you already had your first date and had your first kiss with a cute boy" Bex reminded again.

"Even though that cute boy has the same face as Jonah Beck?" Andi asked.

Billy and Jonah may be identical twins separated at birth," Bex observed. "But they're both completely different. Billy is attentive, sweet and loving. Also, the nickname he gave you is adorable"

"I know" Andi smiled. "I can't wait for you to meet him in person" she sighed. "He is so beautiful"

"It's the first time you've called a guy beautiful, that says something," Bex commented. "When you met Walker and hung out with Jonah, you came to say that they were both cute"

"Billy Batson is gorgeous," Andi acknowledged. "His inner beauty is also reflected on the outside. He has the face of an angel and his heart is the purest, that's why I know he is beautiful. Jonah is cute but he's not good with relationships and he broke my heart. I only saw Walker once at Cyrus's Bar-Mitzvah and he gave me a souvenir, haven't seen him since; Billy is amazing, he makes me happy, I really enjoy his company and he's the ray of light that came to my life when I needed it most"

"When I meet him, you'll be the first to know" Bex told her with a wink and Andi smiled. "By the way, the kiss...how was it?"

"It was beautiful mom" Andi replied with a sigh. "My heart kept beauting like a hummingbird's wings, I saw colored sparks in my head and Billy's lips felt so soft against mine, it was so sweet" she touched her lips. "I can still feel it"

"That was the same thing I felt when your dad and I first kissed" Bex replied.

"I bet it was magical" Andi pointed out.

"It was" Bex assured her. "Allright little missy, it's time to go to bed. You have school tomorrow"

"Okay mom" Andi laughed, carrying the dirty dishes to the sink. "Don't you want me to help you wash the dishes? You did bring dinner after all"

"We'll do something, I'll let you do it tomorrow, okay? Now I want you to go to sleep" Bex told her kissing her daughter on the forehead. "Sweet dreams baby"

"You too mom" Andi reciprocated as she and Bex hugged and then went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and then to her room to go to bed. She couldn't wait for the next day to see Billy Batson again.

On the other hand, upon entering his house, Billy was warmly received by his foster siblings, who hugged him.

"Billy you're back!" Darla exclaimed, running to hug her brother.

(A/N: Billy comes home and Darla receives him with a hug, but this time he doesn't feel uncomfortable)

"It's okay kiddo, I'm fine" Billy told her with a smile.

"Oh my gosh Billy! Where were you?" Mary asked. "Mom and Dad were so worried"

"I had lunch with Andi's grandparents" Billy replied.

"Dude, that was in the afternoon" Freddy chided. "It's almost eight, what else could you be doing after that time?"

"Okay, if you guys want to know, I rescued a kitten that was stuck in a tree" Billy explained.

"A kitten?" Darla's little face lit up. "Aww I love kittens!"

"Probably if Darla was the one to rescue the cat, she'd sneak it home" Eugene points out.

"Yeah, she would" Pedro agreed and they all laughed.

"I've always wanted a pet" Darla said innocently.

"Darla, you know Dad won't let you to have pets after what happened with your hamster" Mary reminded her.

"It was an accident" Darla replied sadly, looking down.

"Wait a minute, you had a pet hamster and I didn't know about it?" Billy was in shock.

"It was before you came here" Eugene explained.

"Accidentally, I left the door open and Alvin ran away" Darla recalled. "I was so sad the next weeks that passed, but since then I can't have pets again until I learn to be more careful"

"That rodent reminds me of a certain person who also ran away" Freddy emphasized.

"You said so, I used to run away" Billy reminded him. "I'm not the same guy. I found my home"

"Billy?" Rosa's voice interrupted the teenagers and both she and Victor went to greet Billy. "Oh my god sweetheart" she hugged him. "You had us worried"

"Sorry mom" Billy apologized. "I lost track of time and had to rescue a cat in distress" he skipped the part where he switched into a superhero to perform the feat.

"That was brave of your part son, but don't scare us like that again, got it mister?" Victor told him firmly. "I was about to call the police"

"I promise dad" Billy said as Victor pats him gently on the back.

"Well, what are we waiting for fam? Dinner is ready" announced Victor and they all headed for the dining room.

An hour later, everyone was sitting down to diner, as Harry Styles "Watermelon Sugar" blared from the living room.

"All hands on deck!" Victor said as everyone but Billy put their hands in the middle, Billy had a big smile on his beautiful face and he was thinking about the wonderful time he had with Andi and the amazing kisses that followed after. "Are we missing someone?" He asked, seeing that everyone except Billy had put their hands together.

"Billy" Freddy whispered, looking at his brother and giving him a light nudge to bring him back to reality. "Earth to Billy"

"My bad, sorry" Billy apologized again and put his hand on top of everyone's.

"Thank you for this day, thank you for this food, thank you for this family. At least Billy is finally back from staying on the moon" Victor continued as Billy looked at his foster dad. They all start to eat and Billy hastily picks up his fork with a serious face.

"Billy, is everything okay?" Mary hastened to ask. "You seem distracted"

"I'm fine Mary" Billy confessed. "I'm sorry, there's something that's spinning in my head"

"More like someone" Freddy emphasized with a smirk as Billy looked at his best friend in shock.

"Freddy, what the hell?" Billy whispered to his brother harshly.

"I'm just saying" Freddy replied with a shrug.

"Honey, that's wonderful" Rosa smiled. "I'm glad you found love"

"When do you bring her home?" Victor asked. "We want to meet your girl"

"Well, actually I'm taking it slow with Andi" Billy confessed. "She recently go out of a bad relationship and I don't want to freak her out. I really care about her"

"You are certainly quite a gentleman" Mary acknowledged with a smile. "This is how you woo a girl"

"Thank you sis" Billy said sighing in relief. "It's a good thing dinner was a complete disaster" he added with a smile and everyone laughed before enjoying a nice family moment.

The next day, Andi is getting ready to go to school when she turns on her phone and plays a particular song, "Dear no one" by Tori Kelly", she takes a toothbrush as a microphone and lip-synced.

I like being independent

Not so much of an investment

No one to tell me what to do

I like being by myself

Don't gotta entertain anybody else

No one to answer to

Andi dances across her room, stands in front of one of his jackets, grabs the sleeves and wraps them around her waist, then the jacket disappears and in its place it's Billy who has his arms around her waist, smiles at her, takes her hand and then twirls her around.

But sometimes, I just want somebody to hold

Someone to give me the jacket when it's cold

Got that young love even when we're old

Yeah, sometimes, I want someone to grab my hand

Pick me up, pull me close, be my man

I will love you till the end

Andi continues dancing with her hair brush in hand and keeps lip-syncing, then the scene changes where it' s cold, Billy removes his jacket and puts it on her before rubbing affectionately her shoulders to warm her up.

So if you're out there, I swear to be good to you

But I'm done lookin' for my future someone

'Cause when the time is right

You'll be here, but for now

Dear no one, this is your love song

Ooh oh oh

Scene changes where Andi and Billy are walking in the park and they hold hands, then Andi goes back to her room and dances with her jacket; the jacket again disappears and Billy is dancing with her.

I don't really like big crowds

I tend to shut people out

I like my space, yeah

But I'd love to have a soul mate

And God'll give him to me someday

And I know it'll be worth the wait

So if you're out there, I swear to be good to you

But I'm done lookin' for my future someone

'Cause when the time is right

You'll be here, but for now

Dear no one (Dear nobody), this is your love song

Ooh ooh ooh oh

Andi envisions a whole montage where Billy is courting her: he gives her flowers, reads her love poems, takes her hand, kisses her, strokes her hair, and is a gentleman to her.

Sometimes, I just want somebody to hold

Someone to give me their jacket when it' cold

Got that young love even when we're old

Yeah, sometimes, I want someone to grab my hand

Pick me up, pull me close, be my man

I will love you till the end

Scene goes back to Andi's room where she continues dancing around with a happy smile and daydreaming about Billy.

So if you're out there, I swear to be good to you

But I'm done lookin', for my future someone

'Cause when the time is right

You'll be here, but for now

Dear no one, (Dear nobody) this is your love song

Dear no one

No need to be searching, no

Dear no one

Ooo-ooo-ooh

Dear no one, oh-oh-o-oooh

Dear no one

This is your love song

"Andi, it's time to go to school!" Bex's voice snapped her daughter back to reality.

"I'm coming!" Andi turned off the music on her phone and shouldered her backpack.

"Were you daydreaming about Billy Batson?" Bex asked her daughter, crossing her arms.

Me?" Andi pointed to herself.

"Yes, you young lady," Bex told her with a smirk. "I saw you dancing in your room lip-synching with Tori Kelly's Dear no one and you used your hairbrush as a microphone and you danced with your jacket pretending it was Billy"

"Um..." Andi hesitated. "No, I don't think so," she shook her head. "I have to go, see you later" she left the house and closed the door behind her.

Bex shrugged and got ready to go to work.

Okay I confess, I was daydreaming about Billy" Andi said an hour later when talking to Cyrus, Buffy and Mary. "I even imagined all the scenarios where he courted me and we danced together"

"You certainly have a great imagination, girlfriend," Buffy told her. "and Cyrus is usually the one who fantasizes"

"Hey, it's not a crime to fantasize," Cyrus protested. "I almost always dream that I become a film director"

"Speaking of Billy," smiled Mary. "He's coming over" she told Andi and she turned around, indeed Billy was walking towards her.

"We leave you alone" Cyrus added and he, Buffy and Mary moved away to give Andi privacy with Billy.

Hey Andi" Billy said, smiling.

"Hi Billy" Andi told him smiling and he immediately blushed. "please tell me you didn't hear that"

"What? That you daydreamed about me?" Billy said. "yep, even the part when I was courting you" Andi blushed deeper and covered her face with her hands. "don't do that, I can't see you" Billy removed his hands from her face. "You know, I think blushing makes you look pretty"

"Thank you" Andi says, moving a strand of her long brown hair behind her ear.

"By the way, I was thinking about you too," Billy said, smiling sweetly. "And I brought you something" he gave her a beautiful purple rose. "This rose represents what I felt for you the first time I saw you, enchantment and love at first sight" he added shyly. "I removed the thornes so they wouldn't hurt you"

"Billy, it's beautiful thank you" Andi smiles, taking the rose and smelling it. "and it smells divine, the purple it's a lovely color. but I feel bad, I didn't bring you something"

As a matter of fact, you did" Billy replied, rolling up his shirt sleeve and showing her the bracelet Andi made for him with the tiger engraved on it. "It's a great bracelet, I'll always wear it."

"I'm glad you know how to appreciate it" Andi said in response and sniffed at her rose again.

Billy said nothing, moved closer to her and pressed his lips against hers in a sweet kiss while taking her hands in his.

"That sure was a sweet kiss," Andi said as they both pulled away.

"I missed feeling your lips on mine" Billy replied, looking at her. "You are so beautiful"

"I'm not," Andi said, looking down. "Jonah's girlfriend Amber, well...ex-girlfriend, she's much prettier than me"

"Andi...you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and perfect for me" Billy told her. "I'm not interested in Amber or any other girl. I just want to be with you"

I want to be with you too Billy" Andi said in response and the two kissed again.

On the other hand, Amber was visiting the Jefferson school like when she was dating Jonah, she saw him in his locker and approached him.

"Hi Jonah," Amber greeted.

"Amber, what are you doing here?" Jonah asked, closing his locker and picking up his book. "I have biology class as you can tell so..."

"I came to talk to you," Amber confessed.

"Why?" Jonah wanted to know. "You told me you needed space from me"

I know, I was upset that you used me to make Andi jealous" Amber said.

"I said I was sorry and I didn't mean to," Jonah said.

"Oh my God, what happened to your cheek?" Amber was in shock and noticed that Jonah's cheek was sore and bruised.

"Andi slapped me," Jonah confessed. "I made things worse, I kissed her and she didn't like it"

"Did you even ask her permission or forcefully kiss her?" Amber asked and Jonah looked at the ground in embarrassment. "Jonah, instead of bringing Andi closer you make it worse"

"Do you think I don't feel bad?" Jonah snapped. "I'm leaving her alone, it's clear that she doesn't want me around"

"What? But I saw you with her yesterday" Amber said, confused.

"Wait what?" Jonah asked.

"Yeah, you guys were kissing on her front porch and then you smiled at each other," Amber said. "I confess that I found you adorable"

Amber I was never with Andi" Jonah said confused. "I was playing guitar; Andi's dad gives me lessons in the Red Rooster"

"You weren't with Andi?" Amber was confused. "Jonah, I saw you, I'm not blind. That boy was you"

"Unless I had the ability to be in two places at once would be a possibility, but that wasn't me," Jonah told his ex-girlfriend.

"So if he wasn't you, who was the guy who was with Andi and kissed her?" Amber asked. "He looked exactly like you"

"What are you talking about?" Jonah was confused. "Is there another one like me?"

"I know what I saw" Amber said again. "Unless you have a dopplegänger out there"

"Amber, you're freaking me out," Jonah said and they both heard the bell rang. "Look, now I have to go to class, I don't want to be late"

"Sorry, just forget what I said" Amber replied.

"Okay, if you say so," Jonah said hugging his biology book to his chest.

"Jonah wait..." Amber stopped him. "Do you want to come with me to Adrenaline City this Saturday? I have an extra ticket?"

"Are you asking me out?" Jonah asked. "I appreciate the gesture Amber but...it's weird that my ex-girlfriend asks me out on a date"

"It's not a date," Amber clarified. "I'm not getting back together with you Jonah, you were a terrible boyfriend"

"Ouch." Jonah pretended to be offended. "Amber that was not cool"

"Trust me, I wasn't a model girlfriend either. I made fun of your frisbee team with my friends, I manipulated you into giving me the bracelet Andi made for you, I hated your birthday cards and I cheated on you...the truth is. ..which I think is better if you and I are friends" Amber said. "I don't want to be your girlfriend Jonah, just your friend"

"Yeah, sounds good to me," Jonah smiled, shaking her hand. "Let's just be friends"

"See you on Saturday for our friends outing," Amber said.

"Yeah, okay," Jonah said, and the bell rang again. "See you later Amber"

"Take care Jonah Beck" Amber smiled and watched her ex head to his class for the day.

Just when she was going to go to Grant, the high school where she studied, she saw Andi again with the same boy from yesterday, he undoubtedly looked exactly like Jonah and had his same face, that mysterious boy caressed Andi's long brown hair. Andi smiled at him, they both held hands and also walked away from the halls, leaving Amber deep in thought.

"Remember to study for the exam, all these topics will be there" announced Mr. Wilson, the history teacher as all the students were gathering their things and getting up from their desks. "Mr. Freeman, can I talk to you for a moment?" he asked Freddy, who had taken his things and was holding his crutch to leave the room.

"Sure Mr. Wilson" replied Freddy limping towards his desk. "What's happening?"

"It's nothing bad" the teacher reassured him. "You are one of my best students in History and that is your second day of classes"

"What do I tell you? I'm committed to my education" said Freddy with a smile. "I love everything that is history or magical themes"

"I knew I did a good job coming to you then," Mr. Wilson said. "Listen, I need your help with a a student, she's having trouble with this subject and I was wondering if you could help her tutor her"

Sure, who is it?" asked Freddy.

"Anne, can you come over?" said the teacher and immediately a teenager entered the room.

She was a beautiful girl with brunette skin, long brown hair and big brown eyes, who held her books against her chest, Freddy was enthralled when he saw her.

(A/N: this is Anne, the student that Freddy will tutor in History and potencial love interest)

"Hello Mr. Wilson" Anne said walking up to her teacher and then to Freddy. "and you must be Freddy Freeman" she announced with a smile and looking at him.

"No, I mean...yes, it's me," Freddy said nervously. "Freddy Freeman. wait...how do you know my name?"

Easy, it says so in your folder" said Anne pointing to the folder that Freddy was carrying under his arm.

"Oh sure, sorry" Freddy apologized.

"Hey... I'm still here" the teacher interrupted them and the two teenagers apologized. "Anyway, as I was saying; Anne, Freddy Freeman will be your tutor in history, you will have to attend every Wednesday after lunch because your grades have dropped"

"Yes sir," Anne said shyly. "To be honest, I suck in History, I still don't understand the issue of the civil war"

"Don't worry, we'll study hard until you pass the subject" Freddy promised him. "You're in good hands"

"Well, I have to go take the exams," Mr. Wilson said, getting up from his desk and taking his portfolio. "Anne, any questions you have, don't be afraid to ask Freddy, okay? He's going to help you"

"Thank you Mr Wilson" Anne thanked the teacher as he left the classroom. "You don't have to help me Freddy, I understand that tutoring can be very frustrating for you"

"No problem, History is my favorite subject and I know you're a damsel in distress so..." said Freddy.

"Hey, I won't be good at history but I am good at other things" Anne said smiling and they both left the room. "I bake some homemade blackberry muffins, I can bring you one whenever you want"

"Sounds great," said Freddy. "And what does a pretty girl like you do in Jefferson?"

"Well this is my sophomore year, I transferred from Wisconsin with my family" Anne explained as they both stopped in front of her locker and she put her book away. "What about you? I've never seen you before"

Yeah, I moved with my family from Philadelphia," Freddy explained. "I used to go to Fawcett Central School before, but we had to transfer because of my foster dad's job."

Well, welcome to Shadyside" Anne told him, smiling. "It won't be as huge and awesome as Philadelphia but...you'll like it."

"Trust me, my best friend who's also my brother already liked it" Freddy said with a smile and saw Billy and Andi coming out of their classroom and walking towards them. "Speaking of the devil"

"Dude, what are you doing here?" Billy asked when he spotted Freddy in the hallway, talking with a pretty brunette. "Aren't you supposed to be in your history class?"

"What's up Billy?" Freddy smiled, bumping his fist with his brother. "The class finished a while ago and Mr. Wilson asked me to tutor..."

"Anne!" Andi exclaimed, smiling.

"Andi!" Anne replied smiling and the two girls hugged.

"Did I miss something?" Billy asked. "How long have you guys known each other?"

Anne is my lab partner," Andi explained. "We had to stuff a frog together."

"It was weird, I'm still not used to it" said Anne.

"No, neither do I" Andi replied and both girls flinched.

"By the way, Freddy, this amazing girl is my Andi" Billy said quickly, putting his arm around Andi's shoulders. "I mean..." he blushed and gave a nervous laugh. "Andi, just Andi"

"Nice to meet you Andi" Freddy told her, shaking her hand with her. "And I'm Freddy, Billy's best friend"

"And almost always an annoying brother," Billy jokes. "sorry that was embarrassing"

"No, it was cute," Andi told him, smiling.

"We all saw how you blushed Billy," Anne told him. "You're not the only one, Freddy blushed with me too"

"You know, Billy talks about you all the time, and he was distracted during dinner because he couldn't get you out of his head," Freddy confessed.

"Shut up" Billy whispered back to his brother.

"I have geography, I'll see you guys later" Andi said, turning around.

"I'm going with you, we're in the same class" Billy said, taking Andi's hand, but not before giving his brother a murderous look. "you and I will talk later" then he and Andi went to their arithmetic class leaving Anne and Freddy alone.

Well, I have to go to math class" Anne said. "See you on Wednesday for the first private lesson" she turned around.

"Wait, could you give me your phone? to be in touch, I don't know if I'll see you again" Freddy replied.

"We'll see each other every day at school, Freddy," Anne laughed. "But of course, give me your phone number" Freddy gave her his phone number and she gave hers, they both exchanged phone numbers. "Done"

Okay I got your number, here's your phone" said Freddy, handing the phone back to Anne and she did the same. "It was a privilege to meet you Anne" they both went to their respective classes.

On the other hand, Mary was leaving her arithmetic class when her cell phone rang and she stopped at her locker to answer it.

"Hello?" replied Mary.

"Good afternoon, am I speaking to Mary Bromfield?" a male voice asked on the other end.

"Yeah, this is she," Mary said. "Excuse me, who is calling?"

My name is Michael Wood, the dean of Westminster University" the man replied. "Just to inform you that your application to join us has been accepted" a huge smile spread across Mary's face.

"Oh my God" Mary exclaimed happily and put her hand to her mouth. "I can not believe it"

"Welcome to campus, we'll see you in the Fall" replied the dean.

"Thank you very much Mr. Wood," said Mary. "I'll see you in September"

"Take care Miss Bromfield" the dean said goodbye.

"Wait, like I said in the interview, I'm very close to my family and I wouldn't want to sleep in the dorms," ​​Mary explained. "Is there any chance I'll come home after school?"

"Of course, you have the option of going to class only or staying the night in the dorm, in which case if you choose the second option you would be assigned a roommate" explained the dean. "but with you it will be that you can go home after school"

"I really appreciate it" smiled Mary.

"Thanks to you Miss Bromfield, I'll see you in the Fall to assign you your new class schedule" said the dean and ended the call. Mary let out a cheer causing the students to turn to look at her.

"Sorry, I got excited" Mary said sheepishly and the students moved away from the halls. "I can't wait to tell everyone at dinner," she said to herself. "Right, after Billy recruits us on the Rock of eternity for the weekly superhero meeting."

After school, Mary and Billy were on their way to the Rock of Eternity to meet their siblings.

"Hey, how was your day?" Mary asked when they both left the school and were walking towards her house. "After Cyrus, Buffy and I left you alone with Andi"

"Well, everything was going great" Billy commented and stopped smiling. "Until I remembered that I want to kill Freddy Freeman for opening his mouth"

"Would you really be capable of murdering your best friend?" Mary asked.

"Not literally," Billy explained. "But come on Mary, last night at dinner he told everyone that Andi is my girlfriend when I haven't officially asked her yet and today he tells her that I was distracted thinking about her. Do you have any idea how humiliating that was? Plus the girl that he's going to tutor in History found out about my crush on Andi"

"So you confess that you like Andi?" said Mary with a smirk.

"I don't just like Andi, it's more than that" Billy said. "I'm falling in love with her"

"Aww my little brother is in love" exclaimed Mary.

"Would you stop that?" Billy said nervously. "We have to go to the Rock, the others are waiting for us"

"I know," Mary said. "Okay Billy listen to me, when I go to college you'll have to be the leader."

"Does that mean you won't be with us anymore?" Billy asked. "Mary we need you on the team, it won't be the same fighting supervillains without you. Remember the rule, all or none"

"I'll stay with you but you'll be in charge of the battalion because I'll go to college and get a job" replied Mary. "Eventually we all have to grow up"

"But I have no idea how to be a leader," Billy exclaimed. "I'm not even sixteen yet and I haven't got my driver's license. Heck, if I didn't remember that we were moving to Shadyside you guys would have left without me"

"Obviously we wouldn't leave without you, you're part of the family" Mary reassured him.

"It's just that sometimes I have that horrible nightmare where everyone leaves me," Billy confessed sadly. "I didn't know my dad and my mom found it easy to leave me in the care of the police because she didn't feel capable of raising me as a teenage mother"

"Billy, Victor, and Rosa aren't going to leave you alone, and if you age out of the foster care system, they'll figure out a way to keep you," Mary assured him gently. "But none of us are going to turn our backs on you like your mom did; you have nothing to be afraid of"

"Thanks, I feel so much better now," Billy said. "You know? I think the one with the wisdom of Solomon is you and not me. You're always good at giving advice"

"The experience has given me wisdom and to learn from my own mistakes," Mary confessed. "and hey, when you need to talk to someone, I'm here to listen"

"You are the best big sister ever" Billy said and Mary smiled. "Well..." Billy added with a sigh. "Duty calls" he looked at her. "Are you ready?"

Mary looked at Billy and nodded, the two of them preparing to join their siblings in the lair.

"On the count of three," Mary announced. "One two three..."

"SHAZAM!" Mary and Billy screamed in unison and lightning fell on them, immediately Billy switched into his adult superhero version and in the case of Mary, she only changed her clothes for her suit.

(A/N: Mary in her superhero disguise)

I'm still not used to this," said Mary.

"I still don't get this adult appearance and I'm still a kid on the inside," Shazam confessed.

"Okay, let's find an access that will take us to the Rock faster" said Mary. "Any ideas?"

"That door" Shazam indicated and they both entered the door of a restaurant, which magically transported them to the Rock of Eternity. "Whoa, I thought only in Philadelphia we could teleport to the lair."

"It seems to work everywhere" Mary commented and they both continued walking.

"Excuse me?" a male voice interrupted them. "Does anyone know where I can find Billy Batson?"

"That's me" Shazam said stepping in front. "Who's asking?"

"Wait a minute, you are the Wizard's champion?" Responded the male voice and walking over Shazam and Mary, it revealed to be an antropomorphic talking tiger wearing clothes.

(A/N: The first appearance of Tawky Tawny, an antropomorphic talking tiger)

Shazam and Mary screamed out in terror and jumped back in fright.

"No, don't scream" pleaded the tiger. "please, I swear I won't hurt you"

"Billy..." Mary stepped behind Shazam like a shield. "That tiger is talking to us"

"I already noticed" Shazam said. "look dude, just tell us what your intentions are and let us go"

"I'm on your side kid" the tiger assured him. "By the way, my name is Tawky Tawny" he added extending his paw.

"Cool name" Shazam said smirking.

"Thank you" Tawky Tawny felt flattered. "You can call me Tawny for short"

"Sorry we screamed a while ago" Mary apologized. "We've never seen a talking tiger before"

"Mary, we have a talking tiger." Shazam's eyes lit up. "Do you know how awesome is this?" then he looked at Tawky Tawny. "Dude, it's an honor to meet you," he added, shaking hands with the tiger's paw. "I'm Billy and this is my sister Mary"

"Hi" Mary waves her hand and smiles.

Nice to meet you" said Tawky Tawny. "Weird, the wizard told me that Billy was a teenager but I see a forty-year-old and his pretty sister"

"Forty?" Shazam was horrified. "Hey, I'm not that old; I'm almost fifteen now"

"No offense Billy but you don't look like a child" said Tawky Tawny crossing his arms.

"Well, it's just that I don't really look like that" Shazam explained. "I can show you my true appearance if you want" 

"Okay, but only if you want" replied the tiger. "Though frankly, I'd like to see that." 

Shazam took a few steps back and looked straight ahead. 

"Shazam!" he yelled, lightning struck him and the smoke completely covered him. 

"Wait a minute, where did he go?" asked Tawky Tawny looking around. "I could swear he was here" 

"Hey Tawny" answered Billy, showing himself to the tiger in his teenage-self. "I told you I wasn't lying" 

(A/N: Billy shows Tawky Tawny his real appearance)

"Whoa" Tawky Tawny exclaimed. "Billy, is that you?" The tiger's eyes opened widely. 

"Yeah, it's me" Billy explained. "I only switch  into an adult superhero when I say Shazam" 

Once again, the lightning strucked Billy, transofrming him in his adult superhero. 

(A/N: Billy switches back into his adult superhero form)

"My brother got the powers when the wizard recruited him and chose him as champion" explained Mary. 

"I already knew that, but at first I didn't imagine that the wizard's champion was a fourteen-year-old boy" replied the tiger. "I thought he would recruit someone more mature"

"Hey, Tawny that was not cool" Shazam protested. 

"I'm just being honest" Tawky Tawny shrugged.

"He's just a kid Tawny, don't expect Billy to master his powers in one day" Mary came to her brother's defense. "My brother will learn little by little"

 "If it wasn't for Freddy I wouldn't know what to do" Shazam confessed. "He was the first to find out about my secret and helped me discover my superhero abilities"

"Freddy was like his mentor or something" Mary continued. "Because at the end, Billy gave us powers and together we defeated that psycho doctor with those awful sins"

"Okay, now I'm convinced" Tawky Tawny gave Shazam a nod of approval. "But you're still a teenager, so you'll have to use your powers wisely"

"And he will" Mary promised. 

"Come on bud, we'll introduce you to the others" Shazam said to Tawky Tawny "They'll be amazed to see that we brought a talking tiger to the lair." Tawky Tawny nodded and followed Mary and Shazam in single file to the Rock of Eternity to join the rest of the superhero family.

Songs in the chapter: Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles (during the scene where Billy is having dinner with his foster family), Dear no one by Tori Kelly (during the scene where Andi is daydreaming about Billy)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 8K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

319K 8.2K 116
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
11.1K 449 14
Game of love isn't game of thrones. The story is completely different. Some characters are the same . Daenerys , the young daughter of the mad king...
85.3K 2.7K 28
ARGENT ❝ no more kid stuff ❞ ( teen wolf season three ) © spideypools 2016 !