God of War (Book 1) Male Read...

By DEMGSC1920

Your 26 years old, you thought of yourself as a normal guy, but you had anger issues, your skin is literal di... More

Pilot Part 1
Pilot Part 2
Pilot Part 3
Stronger Together Part 1
Stronger Together Part 2
Stronger Together Part 3
Fight or Flight Part 1
Fight or Flight Part 2
Book 1 Trailer
Fight or Flight Part 3
Quick Vote
Livewire Part 1
Livewire Part 2
Livewire Part 3
How Does She Do It Part 1
How Does She Do It Part 2
Red Faced Part 1
Red Faced Part 2
Final Trailer Book 1
Red Faced Part 3
Human For A Day Part 1
Human For A Day Part 2
Human For A Day Part 3
Trip With The Dead Part 1

How Does She Do It Part 3

943 42 20
By DEMGSC1920

Supergirl's eyes slowly open her eyes, but her vision was a little fuzzy... very fuzzy. She sees that she was being lighten up by a yellow lamp... or more exactly, she was in a bed with dozen of yellow lamps around her, she looks around slowly until she sees Hank working on something, as he looks back at her... his eyes glowing red, as her eyes dilate, slowly losing consciousness... seconds later exactly that happens, she loses consciousness... with who knows how much time has passed, she wakes up. She gasps in shock... very confused as she looks around looking for Hank or whatever she saw.

???: That was some fall you took.

She hears Hank and looks at him panting as the lamps move away from her allowing Supergirl to finally sit though still bit fuzzy.

Hank: Easy. You're at the DEO. Y/N caught you before you hit the ground, you were falling at almost mach speed.

Supergirl looks at the lamps a bit confused... they are new.

Hank: Concentrated solar waves mimic Earth's yellow sun, and recharge your cells.

???: Kara?

She sees Alex walk quickly and hugs her as the Kryptonian hugs back at her sister.

Alex: Thank god you're okay.

Supergirl: Yeah, thanks to Y/N who caught me.

Hank: He saw you fall. He caught you and ran back here, gotta say, he did a single leap from National City to the DEO.

Supergirl: One... leap?

Hank: A single leap.

Hank walks away as Alex and Supergirl return to hug after that. Moments later, both Danvers walk out seeing Hank looking at them though behind was some information they definitely needed to knowx

Hank: We got a shot of the bomber from the security cameras at Max's lab. Facial recognition came up with a match. His name is Ethan Knox. Worked at the first lab that was attacked. He was fired six months ago when his work became erratic. His family reported him missing two weeks ago.

Supergirl: Okay. How do we find him?

Alex: "We?" No. A fall from that height would've rattled your cousin. You are staying home.

Supergirl: There's a mad bomber out there!

Alex: Y/N will take care of it.

Supergirl: He doesn't have super speed, who knows how long it will take him to find him? I still have to get back to work... oh, my God, Carter... I've to get back to the office. I'm supposed to be babysitting him!

Alex: Y/N decided to take care of him with Winn. He says you owe him a few bucks for it and the car too. Kara, maybe you're spreading yourself too thin. You're trying to be Supergirl and Cat's assistant and a DEO agent on top of it all. At some point, even the Girl of Steel might break.

Supergirl looks still bit agitated with all this... she really wasn't ready to multitask this many things... this is too much for her.

DEO

Carter was with Winn in Cat's office with him playing Call of Duty, Y/N was in the sofa with a paper in hand.

Carter: I never knew my mom's office could be this awesome!

Winn: Oh, man, I do this all the... Never! No, I've... I've never done this before.

Y/N: He just hacked into the TV for this.

He ate a Big Belly Burger while working on a list

Ennead Gods

Creator/Sun God = Amun-Ra
God of Death = Anubis
Sky God = Horus
Lunar God = Khonsu
War God = Montu
Chaos God = Set
God of Justice = Osi-

Winn: How's your list going?

Y/N: Just writing and memorizing the gods.

Carter: I can't believe you're an actual mythologist.

Y/N: You don't see many of them, kid. But learning of legends, myth, culture is pretty fun. 

He looks at the door to the office seeing Kara running seeing the three.

Y/N: Hey.

He gets up and walks to her who looked agitated.

Y/N: Are you... oh.

She hugged him and separated slamming something in his chest, he saw about 50 bucks from Kara.

Y/N: Okay.

Kara: Carter. Are you okay? I'm sorry I was gone for so long.

Winn/Y/N: We're good.

Carter: Hi.

They said that at the same time as Kara sighs calmly as Y/N looks at the bucks... the message did get to her but...

Kara: Are you guys hungry? Like real food? I can get something from Noonan's if you two want.

Winn: *looks at Carter* Okay?

Carter nods as Kara sighs and walks away.

Kara: I'll be back with it.

She walks away as Y/N looks at the 50 bucks, he follows Kara as when she goes to reach the elevator, he grabs her wrist as she looks back.

Kara: W... What's wrong?

Y/N: Can we talk?

Noonan's

Y/N and Kara were in the bar table as he gives her back her 50 bucks which she looks shocked.

Y/N: I can tell the message got to you. But... I don't want the money.

Kara: But it was a fair trade-

Y/N: Forget the trade Kara. You were... are... having a rough day, Supergirl, taking care of Carter, I thought that you DID need a hand, so I decided to take on your absence while you were hero-ing.

Kara: Even if you didn't... like it?

Y/N: Carter is a good kid, I can handle that. What  I can't handle is you running around places like some madwoman. You need a break... I'm giving it to you.

Kara: I can't have a break...

Y/N: Even you can't do everything forever. Take a break, I can handle Carter for tonight, you take some time off. Go Supergirl if needed but no more Kara Danvers for today. You've been exerting yourself too much.

Kara looks down slowly tapping the bar table a lot, but Y/N grabs her hand... she was just proving that she was exerting yourself.

Y/N: You're just proving that I'm right. Slow... down.

Kara inhales and exhales slowly, tapping the bar table less.

???: Excuse me?

The two look at the same direction, seeing Lucy with a purse.

Lucy: Kara, right?

Kara: Yes, hey!

Lucy: Lucy Lane. Hey, Y/N.

He waved at her with a smirk.

Kara: I... remember. James told me about you. Didn't know you liked Noonan's that much.

Lucy: Well, I left my phone here yesterday. I've been a little frazzled.

Y/N: Frazzled? You got frazzled?

During the conversation, Kara got the food for the two boys and starts to check it.

Lucy: A little yeah.

Y/N: Bit unlike you.

Lucy: Just because I look a certain way on the outside, everyone assumes it matches the way I feel on the inside.

Kara: Oh I get that a lot.

Lucy: I wish Jimmy would.

Y/N raised an eyebrow during that as he looks at Kara.

Kara: Right, um... Well, my milkshake's are getting milkier, I should probably get going.
*to Y/N* Coming with?

Y/N: Later, gonna pay for a drink.

Kara: Okay.

She walks away as Y/N leans to the table with Lucy looks at Kara and smiles looking at Y/N.

Lucy: You love her, don't you?

Y/N: She's my friend...

Lucy: I mean... more than that.

Y/N: I... I don't know. I mean... Kara is a good person, sometimes dorky, sometimes hardworking, very positive, she's beautiful... but then there's me. I have a history of just having one night stands and friends with privileges, but I've never been in a serious relationship. I'm happy just how I'm with Kara... I don't want to risk it.

Lucy: I can't really blame you. And... I don't think I can blame Jimmy either.

Y/N: Jimmy? James? What does he have to do with the conversation?

Lucy: Just... please be honest with me. Is he seeing someone?

Y/N: James? No, not that I know off. He moved recently here, not sure if I'm to blame if he finds someone cause I helped him grow up.

Lucy: And... what about Supergirl?

Y/N: Supergirl?

Lucy: Yeah. I have seen a few of his work... more than half are based on news from her. I'm maybe a bit scared that he finds her... irresistible. And I have my experience with it, is the same when Lois met Superman, almost the same.

Y/N: Well. I'm sure you can compete against Supergirl, plus being a hero really has a huge toll on her time, I'm not sure dating is part of her schedule. He's a nice guy, why did he or... you broke up? Don't mind me asking.

Lucy: It's okay. Jimmy thinks my work came between us, but he's wrong. Maybe I should've appreciated him more, but the reason I prioritize work, is because he prioritized... him.

Y/N: Him? Superman?

Lucy: Nobody could compete against him, Jimmy was his number one fan and Superman was best friends by that point with Jimmy. No matter where we were or what we were doing, Jimmy took off the moment Superman called. And I couldn't complain, because of course they were off saving people's lives. He says I left him, but... he left us first.

Y/N orders a glass of whiskey as they start to do it. He looks at Lucy, leaning his side to the table.

Y/N: Maybe the problem here is both of you. You two love each other but you are obsessed by your work and James by Superman. You two maybe never tried to balance your love life and it resulted in both of you blaming each other. Maybe... it's time you two start fresh, from the beginning.

Lucy looks at him nodding as he grabbed his whiskey and took a quick chug and puts it in the table, smiling.

Y/N: Bourbon whiskey, one of the best.

Lucy looks confused, she has been told he drinks a lot... like a lot and still doesn't get affected by the effects.

CatCo

Y/N arrived seeing Kara seated in Cat's office with Winn and Carter, as Carter ate lunch though Winn was teaching him that not everything needs a fork.

Lucy: *echoing* You love her, don't you?

Y/N: *echoing* She's my friend...

Lucy: *echoing* I mean... more than that.

Y/N stays looking at Kara her words running through his head... he wasn't ready for this... not yet. He sees James in his office walking inside.

Y/N: Tough guy.

James: Hey, Y/N. Here for Carter?

Y/N: Uh, yeah. Decided to just man up and babysit him while Kara takes a rest. She has enough things in her hands.

James: Yeah, I could tell. Has to make sure every reporter had their correct press credentials.

Y/N: Yeah. I... I ran into Lucy, we ran into Lucy.

James: We? Kara too?

Y/N: Yeah. She talked about you... in Noonan's.

James: Wait. You ran into Lucy and she talked about me?

Y/N: Yeah.

James: About what exactly?

Y/N crossed his arms slowly sighing looking at James.

Y/N: That she still loves you.

James: No, she doesn't, she ended it.

Y/N: Because of Superman. She believed that you were choosing him over her or in her eyes, everyone. She wasn't gonna stay second in a relationship, she felt... abandoned? Invisible.

James slowly sits down with his hands crossed with lips tightened.

James: I can't return to a relationship with her, not with all this.

Y/N: You want a tip? Start over, from scratch, your story hasn't ended, it is still being written, as well as Lucy's story. It's up to you two if you want to return. You can so that... or just move on, before the next one realizes you still have eyes on her. But it's sort of noticeable that... you still haven't.

James looks down tapping the floor as Y/N looks away.

Y/N: Just wanted to leave you notified.

He walks away leaving the thoughtful friend in his office, Y/N walks to Ms. Grant's office seeing Carter who kept playing games. Kara see him and sends a smile with Winn looking back.

Winn: Hey, you took a bit longer than I thought, everything okay?

Y/N: Um, yeah.

Kara: And Lucy's talk?

Y/N: Hope she and James can either get back together or end things in happier terms than before.

Kara: You're pretty good with love tips.

Y/N: I'm actually the opposite of that.

Winn: For someone who has never entered one, you are.

Y/N: Is that a compliment?

Winn/Kara: Yes.

Y/N: Huh.

DEO

The DEO was now ready to attack if Knox decides to attack the bullet train Maxwell Lord have. Alex walks down some stairs with Hank having his arms crossed face to face with her.

Alex: Agents are positioned around the perimeter. I have commandeered the security cameras at the station, but there's no sign of Knox.

???: Sounds like you could use some help.

The two look back with Supergirl standing by her ship showing a pretty confident face.

Hank: Are you sure you're up for this?

Supergirl: Somebody's gotta protect that train. And once it gets moving, even the DEO won't be able to keep up with it.

Alex: Be careful.

Supergirl: I know... I'm not alone in this.

CatCo

James stays in his office working still in the cameras and the press credentials, though Lucy was behind him holding her purse in hand.

Lucy: I'm going back to Metropolis.

James looks at her though a bit unamused.

James: Finished your case?

Lucy: No. I told you, that was just an excuse.

James: *puts a file in a table* Okay, so, you break my heart, and now you're using Superman as an excuse?

Lucy: Just like you use my career. Be honest, your heart was never really in it.

James: We have completely different views of what happened, and that's not surprising.

Lucy: But I came here. I tried.

James: don't know, Lucy. You know, maybe it's better for us just to find other people.

Lucy stays quiet during that just to exhale though still looking down a little.

Lucy: This new life is doing good for you. You have new friends, Kara, Y/N, their buddy Winn, you have good friends. All I wanted was... the best for you.

James doesn't look at her looking outside.

James: I did too... I still... do.

Lucy doesn't answer at him, holding her purse with both hands just to take a step back.

Lucy: Bye... Jimmy.

She walks away though James looks back pretty ashamed due to all this, just to lean back... still thinking of what happened. Supergirl flew around the city, using her X-Ray vision and super hearing trying to find a ticking bomb or Knox.

Alex: *comms* There's no signs of Knox by satellite, you?

Supergirl: Me neither, can't see or hear him.

Y/N walked back with Winn holding a box of pizza plus to check on Carter... though they see James seated very emotionless.

Y/N: Let me guess... didn't work?

James: No.

Winn: W-What didn't work?

Y/N: Is just girl trouble.

Winn: *looks at James* Girl trouble? You?

Y/N looks forward... noticing that Carter was gone. He looked shocked as he looks around and Winn realizes a few seconds later.

Y/N: Where's Carter?

James' phone ring and he answers the call, though Y/N was on the edge with Winn.

James: James Olsen. Yeah, no, I... I authorized the increase in the art budget...

Y/N: Dude where did he go?

Winn: I don't know!

???: *TV* Do you expect Supergirl or Phantom to attend tonight in light of the bombings?

Y/N and Winn hear that, and they look at the TV... seeing Maxwell Lord doing an interview.

Maxwell: We're here to talk about the future of this planet, not guest lists.

Y/N: Stupid boy.

Winn: Please tell me he did not go down there to meet Supergirl!

Y/N: He did!

The two ran to the elevator and it goes down.

Supergirl: The train doesn't have the bomb... he couldn't have missed it, can he?

She was floating still though very insecure of all this, something was off. Until in the DEO, a report came in.

Agent: Agent Henshaw, report just came in. Bomb found at the airport.

Alex: But Knox's target is Max, it's vert unlikely that bomb is even his.

Hank: Not if he is using that as a decoy to draw us away from the bomb... the real one. *to Supergirl* Supergirl, there's a bomb at the Lord Air terminal.

Supergirl: On it.

Hank: *to Y/N* Phantom-

Y/N: *comms* Where's Kara?

Supergirl heard his voice... he sounded very agitated... not normal.

Supergirl: Y/N?

Y/N: Carter is going to Max's train.

Supergirl: I'm sorry, what?!

Y/N was running through the people even pushing some of them away, with Winn a bit behind him.

Y/N: I'm heading there now! If he's going there, chances are high he goes face to face with Knox.

He enters the building though with a backpack as he runs upstairs, he sees Carter walk in with Max by his side, he groans and runs to the stairs and and runs to the escalator which goes to the train. He runs but he is stopped by a female security guarding it.

Y/N: I have to get in the train!

Security: Then let me see your ticket.

Y/N: You don't understand! There's a kid who entered unauthorized to the train without ticket with Maxwell Lord!

Security: Parents are already in the train.

Y/N: No they're not! The kid is Cat Grant's son who is in Metropolis! Let me in, now-

He goes to protest... until he looks to the train seeing a certain someone... Ethan Knox. Y/N is up to date with what happened. He sees him just for Y/N to groan... Carter was there and now Ethan too.

Y/N: Oh no.

The train accelerates as Y/N curses under his breath running away opening his backpack.

Y/N: Kara, we have a problem.

Supergirl: *comms* I'm heading to the airport right now.

Y/N: Knox is in the train.

Supergirl: *comms* Wait, so that means there's two bombs?

Y/N: Possibly. I'll handle the train, you go to the airport.

Supergirl: Are you able to catch up to the train?

Y/N: Yes, go!

He ends the comms and keeps running. Supergirl flew at supersonic speeds flying towards the airport.

Hank: *comms* Supergirl, go to the train.

Supergirl: What?

Hank: *comms* We will handle the airport, go aid Y/N.

Supergirl during that sighs... she didn't like the plan but... she may have to go to the train, even if she doesn't trust Hank. She flew back to the train and during that... the train was moving at high speeds, but Phantom was chasing it, leaping at speeds much faster than a dragster car. He leaped on top of the train as he opened a hatch getting inside. He saw Max and Carter and oh boy... he wasn't happy with the kid.

Maxwell: Well color me surprise, you appeared when she didn't.

Carter was smiling but Phantom wasn't smiling at all.

Phantom: Knox is in the train.

Maxwell: Knox? T-That's impossible.

Phantom: You have to stop the train.

Maxwell: I can't. It's automated.

Phantom: What gave you the idea of making an automated train without safety breaks?

Carter: Something's wrong, isn't it?

Phantom looked at him, quickly looking at Max.

Phantom: If anyone dies... this is on you, Maxwell.

The hatch opens, with Supergirl landing making people gasp.

Maxwell: There's who I was expecting, you really can't get enough of me.

Phantom: Quiet!

Maxwell: *taking a step back* J-Jealous I see.

Phantom: *at Supergirl* Knox is in the train, I need you to get the passengers to the back.

Supergirl: Do you know where he is?

Phantom: Probably in the front.

Maxwell: If I may-

Phantom: I said shut up!

Maxwell raised his hands as Phantom shook his head after that.

Supergirl: What makes you think he's in front?

Phantom: It can deactivate the train, and hurt so many people plus crash it, wouldn't make sense to be in the back and clearly he isn't around here. If Know wants as many casualties, the front is the best place. Plus... I would do the same. Can you check?

Supergirl looks to the front with her X-Ray... and he was right... Knox was walking to the front of the train.

Supergirl: Yep.

Phantom: Good. Get the people back, and I'll go to Knox.

Supergirl: *nodding and grabbing his hand* Good luck.

Phantom looks at her hand and later back at her, snickering.

Phantom: I'm always lucky.

He ran to the front as Supergirl started to push everyone back.

Supergirl: Everyone go to the back of the train; come on!

Supergirl started to guide the people while Carter looks in shock but also a bit scared.

Carter: It's everything going to be okay?

Supergirl looks at Carter nodding.

Supergirl: Yeah. Heard you wanted to meet me.

Carter: Y-You did?

Supergirl: From a friend... Winn if I'm not mistaken.

Carter: H-He was telling the truth. Is... Phantom your boyfriend?

Supergirl gulps and freezes for a second after that... yeah she froze.

Supergirl: I... I wish we were? Answer for another time.

Phantom ran cart by cart looking at the people.

Phantom: Everyone to the back! There's a bomb in train!

The people gasped and ran and some just felt scared.

Phantom: Go! Supergirl's back there!

This time, they did manage to leave as he kept speed walking forward. He did the same thing to each cart... until he knew next was the front. He goes to walk... but the doors don't open.

Phantom: Knox! I know you're in there! Open up!

He waits for an answer... but he definitely could tell... he was scared... Phantom growls like some animal and gave him a few seconds... but nothing.

Phantom: Dammit.

He walks to the door... or well... walking through the door... literally. He saw Knox who held a bomb... in a vest... HE WAS THE BOMB!

Phantom: What the-

Knox: This bomb is rigged with altimeter. You try to move me off the train, it goes off instantly.

Phantom: Dammit, drop the suicidal act, gimme the vest.

Knox: I can't... the moment I click this... 30 seconds... then boom.

Phantom: That isn't an answer. Why?

Knox: I... I want revenge... on Maxwell Lord.

Phantom: Because of your daughter?

Knox: H-How?

Phantom: I'm up to date, Knox. You wanna talk? Just the two of us?

Knox doesn't say anything as Phantom stomps through the metal, breaking the connection between the front cart and the rest of the train. He looks back at Knox not moving from his position.

Phantom: You're daughter is under Maxwell's medical lab, but it didn't work, didn't it? No money? And no... repair?

Knox: All of this, is all about her. If killing Max can get her out of there, I will. That lab is a shit show, and I'm doing everything to get her out.

Phantom looks down... until something came to mind... Clark's opposite buddy... he can help.

Phantom: What if there's a way to get her out by someone more powerful... richer than him.

Knox: Who?

Phantom: His name... is Bruce Wayne.

Knox: Gotham's playboy? What can he do?!

Phantom: Bruce might be arrogant, bit racist or paranoid to... people like me and all but... every life to him is sacred, his parents death taught him that, even while being a playboy, nobody is more important than the good people in pain, I can arrange a meeting, and he can out-pay Maxwell Lord, he can save your daughter.

Knox shook his head putting a hand in his face.

Knox: Nobody should've known it was me. I can't face her again.

Phantom: Your daughter... needs a father, Ethan. For the sake of your child... you must be better.

Knox doesn't say anything as he slowly grips the detonator... he just clicks it and Phantom looks shocked.

Knox: I'm... so sorry.

He lets go of the detonator as Phantom looks confused. Phantom grabs the axe as he closed the gap of the blade and the bomb... as the blade freezes the bomb in such precise way... creating a column that enables it to leave it frozen in place... as Knox walks back breaks the ice that was about to freeze him. Multiple layers of ice are created as Phantom pulls Knox and freezes him in more multiple layers of ice... freezing air around him but not him. The bomb later goes off as Phantom took the blast head on, covering for Knox who took a lot less of it. Supergirl got everyone back and was outside slowing it down. She heard the explosion and looked shocked.

Supergirl: Phantom?!

She heard no response as she flew quickly in its direction. She flew to the explosion as she looks but actually... bit scared, until she saw from the fire, Phantom walking out of it holding Knox still covered in ice.

Phantom: Thank god that the suit is more durable.

Supergirl sighs as she shot a strong air from her mouth, blowing the fire away. He breaks the ice from Knox's body who shivered a little. Supergirl smiled seeing Knox alive... a little bit cold but alive, as Phantom smiled back at her.

DEO

Alex was working on a bomb... the one Hank deactivated in the airport, until Supergirl walks in.

Alex: Hey, would you hand me that Allen wrench?

Supergirl just opens the bomb with her bare hands like nothing and puts it down while still connected.

Alex: That works, too.

She heard a beep... with Supergirl also hearing it and looks at it confused.

Supergirl: The bomb is... beeping?

Alex: Yeah. Hank said it is a decoy. A decoy to draw us away from the real bomb, but that is a kill switch used to disable it remotely. Why would you put a fail safe on a fake bomb?

Supergirl: Maybe to make us believe it was fake?

Alex: Wait that's not all.

She looks at an opening... but they saw something unusual. The cover where the inside of the bomb... it wasn't opened by screwdriver... it was ripped. The cover was there... bent... did Hank bend metal to open a bomb?

Supergirl: Hank isn't that strong, right?

Alex: No, and both you and Y/N weren't there. So... how?

Supergirl: Maybe there were two bombs, one for the airport and one for the train. Y/N believes Knox's plan was to kill Maxwell Lord, for her kid... kid...

Alex: Um, Kara?

Supergirl: Kid, kid, kid, OH CRAP!!! Carter!

She speeds away... completely remembering Carter was there... gosh how would Cat Grant react.

CatCo

Carter ran out of her mother's office as she see Cat Grant getting out of her elevator quickly.

Carter: Mom!

Cat: Honey!

She completely drop her stuff and hugs her son in a very tight hug.

Cat: Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! I was so worried. Are you okay? Are you okay? Were you scared? Did you get hurt?

Carter: I met Supergirl... and Phantom.

Cat looks at him as she stands up.

Carter: He was so cool, and Supergirl too... and much prettier in person.

Carter sits with Cat Grant kneeling in front of him.

Cat: Oh. Well... did you notice any of their other attributes?

Carter: Phantom has to be crazy fast, he reached to the bullet train and he can't even fly. He supposedly separated the train. And Supergirl is very strong...

Cat: And smart and brave and kind and she saved you all. Tell me, what do you think makes them a hero?

Carter: About him? His suit? Reminds me of Batman. And about Supergirl... I'd say her legs. Definitely her legs.

Cat looked shocked... did he... make a joke?

Carter: Her heart, Mom.

Cat: *laughs* Oh! That was a joke. That was a joke. Carter, you made a joke. You never make a joke. *remembering something* School! School, you have to go to school. You're gonna be late. The car is downstairs waiting for you. Did you brush your teeth?

???: I got him ready.

Cat looks seeing Y/N walking and giving Carter his lunch bag.

Cat: Who are you?

Y/N: S-Sorry... I'm Kara's friend? Y/N? The one who talked to Monroe?

Cat: The one who hugged her, I remember you.

Y/N: Um... he already ate breakfast, brushed his teeth, snack ready, also did lunch knowing school food must taste ass. Maybe I taught him to joke a little and he is dressing more freely now.

Cat: *bit annoyed* Freely?

Y/N: W-Well... more casual, more comfortable, he seems a bit less shy and more confident. You have a smart and courageous kid, Ms. Grant.

Cat: Is that true, Carter?

Carter: I had so much fun with him, and with Kara and Winn. We had an epic nerf battle, he taught me a little of volleyball and he and Kara know how to play "Settlers of Catan" almost as good as you.

Cat looks a bit shocked hearing that as Y/N whistles with hands in his back.

Carter: Can they watch me again?

Y/N looked a bit shocked as Kara arrived though very tiredly.

Kara: Carter.

Carter: *compared to yesterday, more happy* Hi. I just asked mom if you two can watch me again.

Cat: I think you should hold on to those happy memories, sweetheart. I love you.

She hugged Carter and later separated.

Cat: Have a good day in school.

Carter later hugged Kara and Y/N at the same time as Kara laughed and Y/N pats his back.

Y/N: All right, boy, to school or your mother is gonna kill me.

Cat nodded at Y/N... he looked a bit annoyed and shocked... god she was capable of doing it. Carter walks to Cat's elevator and waved at the two as the elevator closes. Kara dropped her face as Y/N slowly walks back.

Kara: Ms. Grant, I am so, so sorry. *both walk to her office* I know I should've paid more attention to him but he just... disappeared, I went to buy dinner but he was just gone.

Cat: I never should've let you take him in the first place.

Kara: It was very hard. Really, really very hard. There was work, and watching Carter, and then all the crazy stuff happening around the city... I... I just don't know how you do it, Ms. Grant. I don't understand how you juggle it all.

Cat: *sits* Oh, Keira. You have just stumbled upon the most annoying question of the century, and you are so young that you do not even realize it. How do you juggle it all? You learn, that's how. You start with two balls before adding another. I figured out how to be brilliant in business and then I added being a brilliant mother. Far too many women burn out trying to do too much before they're ready.

Kara: So you can have it all?

Cat: Of course. Just not all at once, and not right away. And not with that hair. Use conditioner, for God's sake.

Kara looks embarrassed as she pulls the two strands of hair behind her ear walking away, as Y/N was by her chair and she sits.

Y/N: So what did we learn today?

Kara: We're definitely not ready to be parents.

Y/N: God no we are not. That's definitely not our strength.

???: And we bring you Maxwell Lord's response to the incident.

The two look at the TV seeing Maxwell Lord talking.

Maxwell: *TV* Yes, the bomber did work for my company, and we did fire him, but we never anticipated he would react this way. I try to build in fail-safes for every situation.

Kara: Fail-safe?

Maxwell: *TV* But in the end, you can't control people. And I... take full responsibility for that.

Winn walks in as he stand by the two heroes also confused.

Winn: Why is he getting so choked up about some lunatic who's trying to kill him?

Kara: Because I don't think we know the whole story. Can you hack into hospital records.

Winn: Can you hack into hospital records? Easy-peasy, fresh and squeezy...

Y/N walks away and Kara behind.

Winn: Is not something a man would say.

Lord Technologies

Maxwell was dressed in a tuxedo serving some whiskey, until he sees a shadow, seeing Phantom in the balcony and Supergirl flying.

Maxwell: *smirking* Black and blue. Do any of you want something to drink? Or is it illegal for a hero to drink?

Supergirl: Caught your press conference. I was surprised, you're usually a little more glib.

Maxwell: There was nothing to be glib about. A sick little girl has to live with the fact his father is a murderer.

Phantom: No wonder why. The girl is in a better place now in Wayne Medical Center.

Maxwell: Should've known it was you.

Phantom: Good. Which means something. *walks inside* The bombs were yours, of Lord Technologies, which means... you could've deactivated it. But because is alive, your plan backfired and your pathetic train paid the price. You made Knox plant the bombs, for her daughter's life.

Maxwell: I would never barter a child's life. I can't speak for Knox's motives. He clearly went insane.

Phantom: He wasn't insane... he was a father. He was doing what you wanted so his daughter could live, now he is paying the price for your act. I can see why you did it... you're afraid of me... of us. So scared that you're willing to sacrifice others to win.

Maxwell: Now that's... a dark theory. A good one actually, unprovable, but worth exploring. *takes his jacket off* I suspect that whoever is responsible for these attacks might be curious about you two. What are they made of? How do they do it?

Supergirl: *frowns* You were testing us.

Maxwell: Can't say much for your scary friend but you?The drone would have measured your agility. The building explosion, your strength. The next bomb would've demonstrated your speed while also revealing you're not actually invincible. But the results of that last test are the most intriguing of all. You chose to save a hundred people on that train, instead of thousands at the airport. Phantom was there but... you turned back to the train as well. One might deduce that there was someone on that train that you cared about. Or is it that... someone told you to go. If I can get those answers, I can see who are you... of course without the "S."

Phantom: You're playing a dangerous game, Max.

Maxwell: I know, I play dangerous.

Phantom: *standing face to face* Let this be your only and final warning. If anyone... anyone gets hurt because of you or your tech, or your past... you and I are going to have a long talk.

Maxwell: Well... you know how that went with our heroes from Metropolis and Gotham. You are weaker than the Man of Steel and your girlfriend? She's even more pathetic than her cousin. What is an alien to a man more than ready to kill of necessary?

Phantom: *smirks* What is a man to a god?

Maxwell kept his smirk... but he was a little bit conflicted and serious. Phantom walks away with Supergirl still floating.

Phantom: If you break our new little deal...

He looks back as Supergirl flies away.

Phantom: Prepare for war.

He jumps off the building as Maxwell holds his glass of whiskey... but he breaks it with his grip fairly angry... he really wasn't happy about this... not even a little.

???: We should be out there, finding him.

A big man with blond hair in a pony tail looked a bit annoyed holding a huge sword, plus a blond beard and a few scars in his body. By his side was a smaller person, about Y/N's height, well... a bit shorter with red long free hair, a full red beard with blue eyes, holding a made and a shield in his back.

Red guy: That motherfucker will evolve the longer he stays alive. I say we kill him.

But by their side was Baldr angry.

Baldr: You will both act when I say so. Your father left you two with me.

Blond man: Last time we were with you, we all died.

Baldr: We didn't know what we were facing.

Red hair: Then let's go now and kill the cunt.

Baldr: *laughs* You will kill him? Last time I checked, the boy killed you... you failed twice to kill him and because of, you're brother died. Little midget.

Red hair: Midget?!

Baldr: You're brother is big, but compared to you, he always been better than you, lived up to his name, he was fearless even in death. You? You're father is a giant and you so small and pathetic ran away twice like a coward... even from the child. God of Courage? You're not even a god by heart and actions... you're a shit show.

He was face to face with the red haired person as Baldr walks away.

Baldr: Odin will tell us when to strike... I expect you two don't die as quickly as before.

And with that... the chapter ends.

Look at that, over 6,300 words written here everyone, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, vote for it and till later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159 2 2
The greatest thing in the world is a pure moment of a human-being finding out they are one of the greatest powers on earth. Sure you can say every on...
15.2K 285 47
Hi my name is Annabeth, I'm a hunter. And I'm sure you know what that means if your reading this. I want to tell you a story on how I met my hero. So...
112K 1.1K 57
These Imagines will be Arrowverse + DC Characters/Actors x Male Reader I don't own any of the characters
59.5K 2.1K 39
You are the daughter of Richard and Mary Parker. You were born with special abilities...and no one knows how. Your mother said God had Given earth a...