[BL] My enemy became my husba...

By Lakhita

I hated Bartholomew Virion with all my heart. He was the most frustrating person I ever saw and I just couldn... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 12

1.4K 67 19
By Lakhita

Two months ago:

"What if I asked you to shoot her?"

Bartholomew took the gun without hesitation and pointed it at Bonnie but I immediately placed myself between them. It was a blank bullet. He couldn't shoot me and I couldn't let Bonnie be traumatized even more than she already was.

"Move away, Aed."

It was Bartholomew's first time calling me by my name instead of a nickname which was surprising but I didn't budge.

"No. If you want to shoot. Shoot me."

Bartholomew put down the gun and walked closer to me:

"Stay there! Don't come closer. I am not letting you shoot Bonnie.

-I am asking nicely, Aed. Move.

-I told you to shoot me.

-No.

-And why not? asked Kallem."

Everyone looked at him and he started brushing his beard with an interested gaze:

"It seems the kitten wasn't the girl. I changed my mind, Virion. Shoot that man.

-We said the girl.

-And now I am saying the man. Is there a problem?"

I knew that he was going to shoot me and I knew it wasn't a real bullet but my heart still got carried away. I had to stay calm but every inch of my body was telling me to run. I already died once for God's sake. How could I die again? But just as I was panicking, something unexpected happened. Bartholomew pointed the gun at Kallem instead of me and everyone pulled out their guns at the same time, pointing them at each other.

Kallem was the only one who found the situation very funny:

"How unexpected. I thought Bartholomew Virion didn't have a heart. Very interesting indeed."

But Bartholomew didn't look like he wanted to laugh and I could almost see flames burning in his eyes. I had no idea what was going to happen. Was I really going to die here? Were they going to shoot at each other and kill me at the same time? Everything was way worse than what it could have been. What was wrong with me always getting in these situations? Why did I have to save everyone? Why couldn't I just let Bartholomew shoot Bonnie without saying anything? She would have fainted but she would have been fine and everyone would have been happy. How could things escalate this way?

I had no idea what was going to happen but fortunately Kallem was the first to step back:

"There, there. We were just joking. We didn't mean anything by it, believe me. Guys put your guns down."

It took a few seconds of hesitation but Kallem's men did as they were told and soon after so did Bartholomew's. The last one to put his gun down was Bartholomew and he threw it back to Kallem with a death glare. Having the gun in his hands, Kallem smiled before shooting one of his men. The latter of course didn't fall down because the bullet wasn't a real one:

"See? We were just joking."

Bartholomew didn't seem surprised and that made Kallem laugh even more:

"You never seem to stop surprising me. I can't wait to see more of you in the future. And please, bring the kitten with you next time too.

-Don't you dare call him that.

-Of course. This one is on me."

We quickly left the building and Bartholomew immediately turned to me, very angry:

"How could you do that? Did you want to die?"

It was Bonnie's turn protecting me. She placed herself between Bartholomew and me and started screaming:

"He was protecting me!

-He didn't need to protect you because that was a blank bullet! Everything would have been okay if he had just stayed in his place."

I was going to fight back but suddenly the world started spinning around me and the last thing I heard was Bartholomew and Bonnie asking me if I was okay. The next second everything went dark and when I opened my eyes again I was lying in my bed. I didn't have time to understand what happened that Bartholomew came into my field of vision and smiled:

"Good nap?"

I tried getting up and Bartholomew tried helping me but I pushed him away.

"I didn't think that our brave kitten would faint after some action."

I really wanted to hit him but my head was still fuzzy and hearing me silent, Bartholomew went serious:

"Does your head hurt? Do you want water?

-I don't want anything from you.

-Why do I feel like I am the bad guy again?

-You are the reason why we had to go there.

-I never told you to come. And did I tell you to throw yourself in front of a gun?"

Bartholomew started getting angry again and his tone was getting louder and louder which made my ear ring but I was way too angry to pay any attention to it:

"What did you want me to do? Let you shoot Bonnie without saying anything?

-Yes!

-What is wrong with you? How could you shoot someone without any remorse?

-It was a blank bullet. She would have been fine.

-But she didn't know that, did she?

-Why do you care so much about her? You are the one who fainted!"

I suddenly realized that I did and blushed. How could I faint in front of this guy? That was so embarrassing.

"You should have listened to me and stayed here.

-Listen to you? What am I? Your dog? How can you be so full of yourself? You should have listened to me and left Bonnie alone! Do you think she would have been fine just because it wasn't a real bullet?

-I don't care! I don't care what she thinks and I don't care what happens to her.

-And how can you be so proud of that? You are a disgusting human being. I wish I had never met you."

Bartholomew stopped talking for some reason. I thought he would go on screaming but he seemed really hurt by my words for some reason. He just said that he didn't care what people thought so why did he look so sad now?

"You should get some rest. Call me if you need anything."

And just like that, he left. I had no idea what had just happened. Bartholomew was acting very differently from the story and I had no idea what was going on through his head. However I didn't really care what was going on up there. All I knew was that he was driving me crazy and I had to stay as far away from him as possible. Therefore I immediately got up and left my room, ready to leave all together. I knew that Bartholomew wasn't going to let Bonnie leave so I was ready to leave on my own. I walked out the room, walked to the entrance and as I was going to open the door, I paused. I couldn't do it. It was pitiful. I almost died but I still couldn't leave Bonnie behind. It was really frustrating and I wanted to punch the door but just sighed.

"I thought you were going to leave."

I jumped hearing someone behind me and found myself in front of Gardenia. She was smiling at me and looked quite amused by my anger:

"Do you need help opening that door maybe?"

I felt like she didn't like me for some reason but I could have just imagined things.

"No, thanks. I just wanted some fresh air but changed my mind.

-Too bad.

-Sorry?

-You heard me. It would be best for you to leave as soon as you can.

-Okay... But I won't leave without Bonnie."

Gardenia rolled her eyes:

"And what can you do for her? She is in the best hands possible. You can rest assured.

-Best hands possible? Do you mean Bartholomew? How could he be the best hands possible? He is the opposite.

-You are ungrateful. Bartholomew took you two in when he didn't have to.

-What is wrong with you? He didn't take us in, he kidnapped us.

-Grow up. He wouldn't keep you here if that girl told him about what she knew. Can you blame him? She shows up suddenly right after Bartholomew has been shot and was about to get poisoned. Would you just let her go off without saying anything?

-That doesn't mean he can kidnap her! He should have told the cops and let them do their jobs.

-We can't trust the cops. They have never helped us.

-Are you just going to find an excuse for everything he does? This is taking friendship way too far.

-What right do you have to judge our friendship? Bartholomew, Zadimus and I have been friends for the last six years and nothing, especially no one, is going to get between us.

-That is ridiculous. Your friendship is not that deep."

Gardenia opened wide eyes.

"How dare you say that?

-What has Bartholomew done for you in those 6 years? You have been there for him all the time but not once has he done anything for you has he?

-Shut up.

-You know I'm right. Zadimus and you jump at his every call but has he ever thought about anyone else than himself? He is a selfish jerk and he would never put you first. Do you think he would answer your call if you needed his help?"

Gardenia was getting redder and redder but she couldn't answer because deep down she knew I was right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 57 27
♡ Weekly Chapter Releases ♡ My wedding day. The happiest day of my life, right? Wrong. I made it this far so why is it so hard to force these words o...
M-13 By JL

General Fiction

186K 10.8K 35
People with powers exist, believe it or not. And it isn't some magic thing that gave us powers; it's a genetic malfunction that cursed us to a life o...
56.9K 2.7K 30
All my life I had never really experienced any hardships. Most people would say that I had the perfect life. That wasn't that far off from the truth...
7.2K 1.7K 34
[Clarity is clear to see] Can I forgive my sins or shall I die in vain ~* *~ @ RUNNER UP ON THE FAST FOOD...