Thy Empress (Erwin Smith x FE...

By 3mooie

{Erwin Smith x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this story's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner... More

disclaimer
prologue
part i
part ii
part iii
part iv
part v
part vi
part vii
part viii
part ix
part x
part xi
part xii
part xiii
part xiv
part xv
part xvi
part xvii
part xviii
part xix
part xx
part xxi
part xxii
part xxiii
part xxiv
part xxv
part xxvi
part xxvii
part xxviii
part xxix
part xxx
part xxxi
part xxxii
part xxxiii
part xxxiv
part xxxv
part xxxvi
part xxxvii
part xxxviii
part xxxix
part xl
part xli
part xlii
part xliii
part xliv
part xlv
part xlvi
part xlvii (The Legend of Nadia)
part xlviii
part xlix
part l
part li
part lii
part liv
part lv
part lvi
part lvii
part lviii
part lix
part lx
part lxi
part lxii
part lxiii
part lxiv
part lxv
part lxvi
part lxvii
part lxviii
part lxix
part lxx
part lxxi
part lxxii
epilogue

part liii

1.1K 67 82
By 3mooie

Word Count - 3,412 words

(The Orient, Empire of Hizuru)

"Welcome to Hizuru, Emperor Smith."

Erwin shook hands with the Hizuru emperor, as he stared at the old emperor straight in the eye, and flashes him a small smile. "Thank you for the invitation and warm welcome, Emperor Hiroto. Truly, your empire is beautiful and flourishing."

The Hizuru emperor let out a hearty laugh, feeling flattered by what Erwin had said.

"I could say the same to your land, emperor Smith. I haven't visited Paradis Island for a while since four years ago, I'm certain that if I ever come back to, Eldia is still the same strong and fluorishing empire. I'm certain it remained like the largest golden empire."

Erwin only smiled and nodded.

He looked behind him where his twins were standing. "I am not the only one who came here, emperor Hiroto. I also brought my children with me."

Evan and Eleanor walked towards their father, then stood beside him as they presented themselves to the Hizuru emperor.

"This is my son, Even Smith, the crown prince of the Eldian empire."

The young Eldian crown prince bowed to pay respect to the old Hizuru emperor.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Emperor Hiroto. I am grateful for your invitation and warm welcome to us." Evan politely said, making the old emperor chuckle.

Erwin then looked at Eleanor. He let out a silent sigh upon seeing the evident unfriendly look on his daughter's face.

"And this is my daughter, the first princess of the Eldian empire, Eleanor Smith."

Despite not being in the mood, Eleanor still managed to give her greetings and respect to the old emperor.

"Hizuru is a beautiful land, emperor Hiroto. Thank you for inviting us, and for welcoming us with so much warmth."

The old emperor let out another laugh. He's amazed as to how respectful the royal twins of the Eldian emperor are.

"Such good children. The futures of the Eldian empire!" The emperor happily said.

"You flatter us, emperor Hiroto." The twins said at the same time.

Emperor Hiroto nodded. He looked at Erwin and smiled meaningfully. "Now, the reason you came here is because I invited you to attend my eldest daughter's birthday. Usually, foreign visitors aren't allowed to see any royal ladies of the Hizuru empire, even if they are important figures, but you are the only exception emperor Smith."

The blond man faked a smile as he nodded.

"It's an honor."

His eyes went to Evan and Eleanor who now both look really disappointed.

It was true.

He didn't only come to Hizuru to attend the birthday of the eldest daughter of the Hizuru emperor, but for a reason that relates to him remarrying.

The council of his empire had suggested that it would be a good thing if Hizuru, the empire who has been their ally for a long time could have a deeper connection with the Eldian empire.

Like a marital alliance, for example.

Erwin had agreed to remarry, but he wasn't planning to follow who his council wanted for him.

In other words, he only agreed to remarry to shut the mouths of his stubborn council, but he doesn't really plan to follow them.

He's no fool to let anyone rule him.

He knows he is the emperor, in the end, he is the one who wields power and authority.

"Meet my daughter, emperor Smith. First princess of the Hizuru empire, Princess Keiko."

Erwin looked behind him when the door opened. His face remained neutral even after seeing such a beautiful woman in a baby blue royal kimono, and obviously expensive ornaments and jewelry.

His face remained normal even after he met such a soft gaze of a gray-eyed woman.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, emperor Smith. My name is Keiko..."

Erwin nodded, he knows it isn't allowed to touch a Hizuru woman, and so he could only bow a little to pay respect to the princess. "I am the same, Princess Keiko."

The Hizuru princess looked away, looking embarrassed by how the emperor stared at her. She felt conscious as if he was studying her, but little did she know the Eldian emperor is just like that.

Princess Keiko was about to speak to Erwin, but the blond man had already turned to her father to resume their conversation, causing her to be left out.

To avoid feeling neglected, the Hizuru princess turned her attention to the royal twins. "You two must be emperor Smith's children. It is nice to meet you, young royals of the Eldian empire." The princess smiled genuinely at the royal twins.

Eleanor looked away, rolling her eyes which didn't go unnoticed to the princess.

"It is our pleasure, too, Princess Keiko. Also, you are a very beautiful woman. Thank you for inviting us to your birthday, and for the warm welcome." Evan smiled at the Hizuru princess. He secretly bumped Eleanor's arm.

His twin sister looked at him, annoyed.

"What?"

"Greet her."

Princess Keiko let out a small chuckle. She knows why Eleanor must be acting this way. "Princess Eleanor, I would love to share the knowledge I have learned as a Hizuru princess with you, would you be willing to share yours to me as well?"

Eleanor looked at the Hizuru princess, brows furrowing. She hates her already.

Because the kindness that the beautiful princess is showing to them reminds her of the same kindness that the previous empress had shown them.

"It would be my pleasure to do so, Princess Keiko."

Though the young princess agreed, she didn't really want to. She just didn't want to embarrass her father, and just chose to be a decent human being.

Keiko smiled enthusiastically, genuinely feeling happy by Eleanor's permission.

"I shall invite you to my palace tomorrow."

Eleanor only nodded. She looked at her twin brother who just flashed her an apologetic smile as if he was telling her that just get on with it, eventually it'll be over.

"There is still time before the sun sets, why don't you take emperor Smith for a tour around the palace, Keiko?"

Keiko looked at her father, shocked with her old man's suggestion. She then glanced at the emperor whose eyes are focused on her, yet his face showed no emotion.

He seems to be a very cold man.

"It's fine with me, father...but what about emperor Smith? He might be too tired from their travel to roam around the palace."

"I am okay. I still have energy to spare, princess."

Keiko and Erwin stared at each other.

The princess couldn't help but flash the emperor a smile, which made the blond man pause for a moment as he sees his wife's face on the Hizuru princess.

Erwin had to look away, clenching his jaw and fist. Ah...I'm tired.

"Then I shall lead the way, emperor Smith."

--

Sota looked back at his wife who was silently sitting down on a chair at the side near the window, and staring at the sunset.

They just finished Y/n's check-up.

"It's highly possible that something might've triggered her forgotten memories when she had a sudden headache and anxiety attack. Did she see someone when that happened? Or heard a familiar word?" The physician asked, getting Sota's attention.

The black-haired man looked at the physician, he tried to remember the things he said that day when Y/n was in pain, but he couldn't remember anything that might've triggered his wife's memories.

"No...nor did she see anyone that day. It was just me and her in the room." Sota said.

The physician sighed as he nodded.

"If that's the case, then my conclusion might be true. Something must've really triggered her mind. For now, all I can offer you are a few herbal medicines that could help if she ever has an attack again."

Sota took the prescription that the physician had written for them. Just by reading the medicines prescribed to his wife, he knows his money will be out again.

Medicines in the city are like gold.

"One day, her memories might come back. That is if she could take it all." Sota looked at the physician with a surprised face.

Her memories...might come back?

"Though we aren't sure. She could also completely forget them if she won't be able to bear the pain and trauma. I have a strong feeling that she lost her memories because she was in great pain and trauma, and that could be the cause of her going mute, too."

Sota looked at his wife who was already staring at him. He flashed her a forced smile, yet it still looked genuine since he didn't want to worry about the h/c-haired woman.

"She only has two destinies. It's either she remembers everything and will be able to speak again, or forget everything permanently and remain mute for the rest of her life."

Sota's eyes became glossy, yet he kept the smile on his lips. He wants Y/n to remember her past memories and be able to speak again, but at the same time he does not want too.

Because what if she leaves him after remembering everything?

"It actually depends on your wife, Sota. If she wants to remember or just forget everything, to be able to talk or to remain silent forever. It all depends on her."

The man looked away, wiping his eyes, which didn't go unnoticed from Y/n.

"Thank you, physician. We'll leave now."

Sota stood up, and made his way to his wife. Y/n looked up at him with worry and concern. "Are you okay?" Y/n asked.

The h/c-haired woman stood up, and held her husband's arms. She was surprised when Sota suddenly embraced her tight.

"Leticia...I'm scared."

Y/n stared at nowhere, looking both confused and shocked.

"Please...don't ever leave me."

The h/c-haired woman hugged her husband back, brows furrowing. She couldn't speak to comfort him, and so she just embraced him as tight as he did to her.

"Please just stay with me forever, my love."

--

"Thank you for today, emperor Smith."

Erwin faced princess Keiko. He shook his head. "No, I should be the one thanking you. I'm grateful for your time to take me around the palace. This place is beautiful."

Princess Keiko let out a small chuckle as she nodded. "I'm glad. I hope you had a good time."

"I did. Thanks to your company."

The princess stared at the emperor, and caught him staring at the sunset with his eyes looking expressive, yet all of the emotions she could see were loneliness, pain and longing.

"You seemed to be suffering, emperor Smith."

Erwin was taken aback, he looked at the princess with an indifferent expression.

"Pardon?"

Princess Keiko smiled. "Your eyes say a lot about how you feel. I could see that you are silently suffering."

The emperor gulped. "No. You're wrong."

Princess Keiko just smiled, even after the emperor walked past her. "I shall go to my quarters now. I'm sorry I won't be able to accompany you to your palace. I am already tired." Erwin said in a cold voice.

He hated it.

He hated how easy Keiko was able to see through him, just like how Y/n used to do.

"There will be a festival tomorrow at the city, emperor. As a celebration of our patron god's birth from the ancient times. The town will be lively, if you want to unwind, I am willing to take you outside the palace to attend the festival."

Keiko stared at the emperor's back, hoping he would look back at her and say yes.

"...have a good rest tonight, princess."

But he didn't.

The emperor only has his eyes for one woman.

And that woman is his wife.

Empress Y/n Tybur-Smith who came from the kingdom of Marley, and hailed in the Eldian empire.

The woman who made the emperor love again, the only woman who can make the emperor cry in his sleep, the only woman who can put him on a leash and make him follow her lead even if what she wants is wrong.

Empress Y/n, the most powerful woman as she has an emperor on chokehold.

"Love is terrifying."

--

The next day, Y/n and Sota decided to attend the festival in the town, it also served as their alone time together before they went back home to their province.

"I wonder what Elizabeth's doing right now." Sota said while staring at a variety of hairpins for sale laid out on a table.

"She's probably playing with Hina."

Sota picked out a silver hairpin with blue stones on it, and a flowery design, too. He smiled as he placed it behind his wife's head. "This one suits you." He said.

Y/n frowned. "Save your money."

"Come on, it's not always I buy you things."

The h/c-haired woman took the hairpin and put it back down on the table. "I don't need a hairpin. Just save your money."

Sota let out a sigh. He won't win against his wife, and so he just lets her be.

"Let's just roam around then." Sota said.

He kept a tight hold on his wife's hand, scared to lose her in the crowd. Y/n fixed the shawl she has covering her head, it's a bit sunny so she wore a shawl on her head so she won't get too much sun on her face.

"Have you heard? Apparently, not only the emperor of the Eldian empire and his children will be here! But also the King and Queen of the Marleyan kingdom!"

Y/n stopped walking when Sota stopped in front of a kimono shop. She looked at the ladies beside her gossiping, then listened.

"I heard King Lionel is a handsome man! Too bad he's already married."

The h/c-haired woman froze on her place hearing the name of the king of the Marleyan kingdom. King Lionel...

"Isn't his wife, Queen Freida, pregnant?"

"Yeah! For three months already."

Y/n stared at nowhere, her mind beginning to feel hazy, yet her head is also starting to feel painful. Lionel...Freida...?

"Leticia! What do you think of this?"

The h/c-haired woman looked at her husband. She stared at his eyes, and suddenly everything was gone, even the pain and haziness going on with her.

Sota flashed her a smile, showing her a green kimono. "If we have extra money by next month, I'm going to buy you a new kimono." Y/n nodded, she gulped and shut her eyes which made her husband worry.

"Are you feeling pain again?"

"Just another headache...I think the crowd is making me feel sick."

Her husband nodded his head. Sota wrapped an arm around her shoulder, and led her to walk out from the crowd.

"I'm sorry, we should just go." Sota mumbled.

"It's okay."

"Your majesty, there are a lot of people."

Sir Levi remained close to Erwin, afraid that he would lose him in the crowd. But the emperor does not even pay attention and is just focusing on his way, while also checking out some stores at the side.

"Please keep close to me, your majesty."

Erwin stopped in front of a unique establishment which is built off on a red tent. He stared at the sign on top of the tent.

"It says 'fortune-telling' if you're wondering, your majesty."

The blond man looked at his left where Mikasa is standing. Two Ackermans are guarding him today. "I've heard of this place before from my mother. This place is famous for the fortune-tellers heavenly gifts. They said she could see the future, know your past, and predict your destiny."

Erwin smiled. "That isn't allowed in Eldia for it is considered as black magic. It's fascinating to hear it's allowed here in Hizur." Mikasa only nodded at him.

The two Ackermans were both shocked when the emperor went inside.

"Your majesty-"

It's too late.

In the end, the two ended up following the emperor inside.

The interior was dark, and felt ominous. There were various creepy figurines, lots of talisman and many more sorcery stuff.

Levi felt shivering down his spine when a strange cold wind flew past him, while Mikasa felt creeped out by the weirdly destroyed geisha doll standing at the side.

"What's a ruler like you doing inside such an ominous place?"

Erwin stopped on his track upon hearing an old woman's voice. He looked at his side and saw an old woman wearing a black kimono. She has white hair that she ties in a beat bun.

"I could sense a lion's spirit in you. The sun chose you as its vessel to give light to darkness."

The old woman smirked.

"The Sun Lion of the Eldian Empire, Emperor Erwin Smith."

The emperor kept a straight face.

"Fortune-telling isn't allowed in Eldia, nor any form of sorcery. Yet, the emperor of the said empire is here himself."

Erwin watched as the old woman walked towards her seat in front of a round table with cards on the center, and other accessories scattered on the table.

"I am not here today as an emperor."

The old woman looked at him.

"I don't wish to be beheaded, your majesty. I'll have my mouth sealed. So ask whatever you want to ask. I have other customers." The old woman coldly said.

Levi and Mikasa felt annoyed by the old woman's arrogance. They were about to scold the old woman, but Erwin looked at them.

"Leave us."

"But your majesty-"

"Now."

The two Ackermans sighed. They bowed and nodded then left per their emperor's wishes.

"You're looking for someone, aren't you?"

Erwin looked back at the old woman. He just stayed silent while he watched her fix her things. "Someone who tamed the lion, a tigress herself, and a unique light which saved you from the pit of darkness."

The old woman took out a red thread, she cut a long one, then motioned for Erwin to come close, and so Erwin is.

Erwin was cautious when the old woman held her hand, but as he saw her tied the red thread on his right index finger, he just let her do what she wanted.

"My wife..." Erwin spoke.

"She's dead. But I never saw her body, nor was I able to confirm that she really died-"

The old woman looked at Erwin, and she held the red thread. Her eyes widened when she felt a strong pain in her chest, head and just in her whole body, but she remained standing and creepily stared at Erwin who now looks creeped out.

"Are you okay-"

Erwin was taken aback when the old woman looked behind him as if she was seeing something he couldn't see.

In the old woman's vision, only for her to see, she saw the red thread come to life by itself, and went outside as if it connected to someone from outside.

"She..."

Tears streamed down to the old woman's eyes which shocked Erwin. "...isn't dead."

The blond man's brows furrowed. He was about to speak, but the old woman had grabbed his arm and stared at him with wide-eyes. "You are wrong! She never died! You are wrong! You are too late! She already has somebody else! You are-"

Out of panic, Erwin pushed the old woman, but she never stopped shouting at him.

Levi and Mikasa rushed inside, and blocked the emperor from the old woman.

"Your majesty! Please head out!"

Erwin gritted his teeth. What was I thinking? Why did I even come here...

The blond man turned around, and walked out. He swat away the fabric door of the tent, only for him to stop as he gets out when someone passes in front of him.

It felt like his whole world stopped.

The time stopped, the crowd disappeared and all.

His blue eyes widened and mouth in agape as his eyes met a pair of two familiar
e/c-eyes.

The wind blew, causing the shawl of the woman in front of him to be blown away, and reveal her whole face.

The h/c-haired woman looked at him with her e/c-eyes, and stared innocently at his blue ones.

"Y-y/n...?"
_____________________________________

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 8.5K 80
{Erwin Smith x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner. Disclaimer: I do not own any of the at...
41.4K 2.5K 32
Arms Tonite. 🌋 ❛ Don't you think it's kinda cute that I try to escape the afterlife? ❜ ❨ Eren Jaeger x Fem!OC Attack on Titan...
306K 7.7K 90
{Levi Ackerman x FEM! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mind. Credits to the rightful owner. [Slow Burn] Synopsis: Y/N never thou...
241K 5K 35
↳𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ࿔*:・ ━━━ 𝐿𝑒𝑣𝑖 𝐴𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑥 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟✔︎ ❝𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔?❞ W...