Thy Empress (Erwin Smith x FE...

Door 3mooie

{Erwin Smith x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this story's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner... Meer

disclaimer
prologue
part i
part ii
part iii
part iv
part v
part vi
part vii
part viii
part ix
part x
part xi
part xii
part xiii
part xiv
part xv
part xvi
part xvii
part xviii
part xix
part xx
part xxi
part xxii
part xxiii
part xxiv
part xxv
part xxvi
part xxvii
part xxviii
part xxix
part xxx
part xxxi
part xxxii
part xxxiii
part xxxiv
part xxxv
part xxxvi
part xxxvii
part xxxviii
part xxxix
part xl
part xli
part xlii
part xliii
part xliv
part xlv
part xlvi
part xlvii (The Legend of Nadia)
part xlviii
part xlix
part l
part lii
part liii
part liv
part lv
part lvi
part lvii
part lviii
part lix
part lx
part lxi
part lxii
part lxiii
part lxiv
part lxv
part lxvi
part lxvii
part lxviii
part lxix
part lxx
part lxxi
part lxxii
epilogue

part li

1K 61 88
Door 3mooie

Word Count - 3,700 words

Four years ago...

Year 850

"It seems today is our lucky day, brothers! We harvested a lot of fish in the sea today!"

Sota looked at his co-fishermen, smiling from genuinely feeling happy for them.

Today was indeed a lucky day for them, fishermen. For they harvested a lot of fish, and some of them even got rare fishes.

"My wife and children will be happy!"

"Hahaha! My mother will surely ask me to cook one of these rare fishes we got, yeah?"

"How about we just go for a drink and treat ourselves with these rare fishes, eh?"

Sota only laughed, shaking his head.

Instead of joining in with the others, he busied himself with fixing the fishing nets and fishing equipment they used from fishing earlier. "Hey, Sota. You wanna join us for a drink later?" Sota stopped with his stuff for a moment to look at their leader.

He smiled politely, gently shaking his head.

"I appreciate the invitation, boss. But I have to take care of my father."

His boss sighed, yet also smiled at him.

"Nothing can do, then. Just come whenever you find a free time later. Us and the guys will surely stay up until we're drunk dead."

Sota laughed as he nodded. "Yes."

After dropping off the fish at the market, and finishing all the things they need, Sota went straight home to his father, while his co-fishermen went to gather for some drinks.

Sota arrived at his home at exactly eight in the night, finding his old man seating by the window, and staring at the ocean.

"Otōsan, did you eat yet?"

His father looked back at him, smiling with also his eyes. "I was waiting for you, son."

Sota let out a sigh. He smiled and nodded, putting his hat down on the table beside him. "I earned a lot today, its enough for me to buy you your medicine. I asked my boss that I won't be going to work tomorrow, let's go to the town and have you checked up. I heard there's a free medical service that the King is offering to this kingdom's people. We're foreigns, but let's still try."

"I'm sorry, Sota. You already have a lot on your shoulder because of me."

The man paused for a moment, he looked at his father who looked guilty again. This isn't the first time, his father tends to feel guilty whenever he talks about this kind of stuff. "How many times do I have to tell you that you are no burden, otosān? If you were, I would've kicked you out a long time ago."

His father laughed. His father knows that he was only joking with his second statement. "I am your father so..."

"Mhm. Let's just have dinner, old man."

Sota is a good man, but most especially a good son. He is hard working, helpful, respectful, and attractive, too.

He's young, 27 years of age. Standing tall at 6'3, has a good body built, fair skin, small beautiful brown eyes and soft-looking silky long black hair that he usually ties in a man bun.

Sota and his father are not Marleyan, but they are Orientals who originated from a small province in Hizuru. They only live in Marley because their life in Hizuru isn't easy, life became easier after they moved to Marley.

"When are you getting married, Sota? I might die, and still not be able to see you get married and have children."

The man frowned at his father for his words. "Stop talking about dying and just focus on your food, dad." His dad only laughed at him. "And I can't get married and have my own family yet, you know I don't even have anything to give to myself, yet I will still find myself a wife and have kids? That's so irresponsible. Tsk..."

His father smiled while staring at him with soft eyes. He felt proud because Sota knows what should be done, what's right and what's wrong. He raised his son well.

"I hope I will still be able to see you get married and see my grandchildren."

Sota smirked at his father. "Oh, you will. Bad men like you don't die easily."

His father laughed with him.

These kinds of small moments with his father are what makes him keep going, sacrifice everything he has, and to keep believing despite how hard life is becoming already.

"Sleep well, old man. We have to leave early tomorrow so get some good sleep."

"Yes, das."

Sota laughed at what his father called him.

Sometimes, he seems to be the father and his father is actually the son in them.

The man closed the door to his father's room. He then made his way outside. Sota wore his jacket that already has holes in them because it's already old.

Whenever he has free time, he prefers to be alone and get some fresh air to relieve himself. And he's doing it again tonight.

Or maybe not.

Sota paused on his track, seeing a figure from afar, sitting back down on a large rock form. Ah...is that a woman...? He looked around, there were no other people around, and it was already dark. Only the moon is giving light to his surroundings.

It was silent, except for the fact that he could hear the sea waves, and the water from the nearby lake. If he walks towards the woman from afar, he'll be near the lake.

What should I do...?

Sota stared at the woman. He gulped and looked around again. He may be kind and all, but he's scared to do good deeds because what if it turns out to be a backlash on him? What if someone sees him helping this woman and accuses him of trying to do something bad to her?

The man shut his eyes.

I have enough problems...

He turned around, and was about to walk out, but didn't continue so when he heard some men from afar laughing.

He looked back and saw them all seemed to be drunk, and the group of men approaching is known to be rascals in their small village.

Sota looked at the woman. I have enough...

A sigh left his mouth as he found himself making his way to the unconscious woman near the rock form. Problem...He stood in front of her, staring down with worry and concern. "Good lord. What happened to you, my lady?" Sota said under his breath.

He crouched and took a proper look at the woman. "Pardon me for doing this but I need to see your..." Sota gently held the woman's chin and made her look at him.

His brows shot-up upon seeing an exquisite beauty in the woman. Yet her beauty was stained with the bruise and wounds in her face, and her paleness didn't help, either.

But what surprised him the most is when he saw the woman's small baby bump.

She...she's pregnant!

Sota snapped out of his thoughts when he saw the group of men getting close.

He immediately moved, picking up the
h/c-haired woman with him.

"Oh?! Is that Sota the good boy?!"

"He's with a lady! Hahaha! I guess he's no good boy anymore!"

"Finally grew some balls, Sota?!"

Sota just sighed. He shook his head and went on his way, totally ignoring the drunk men.

"Enjoy your night with your girl, Sota! Make sure to not make her feel bored in bed!"

The man cussed under his breath.

"Fucking perverts..."

He looked at the h/c-haired woman in his arms, and stared at her pained expression.

"It'll be okay...I'll help you, my lady."

--

The next morning, Sota's father was so shocked upon knowing about an unknown woman staying in their house, and the fact that the woman was found unconscious near the center of the shore and lake.

"Good thing you were there to get her, those rascals might do something else to her if they were the one who found her."

Sota nodded in agreement, he stared at the h/c-haired woman who's still asleep and is lying down on his bed.

The woman looks better now, also clean. Her clothes were changed, and her minor injuries were treated, thanks to the wife of Sota's boss whom Sota called last night to help him in caring for the h/c-haired woman.

"When will she wake up?" His father asked.

"I don't know...I hope she wakes up soon so we can ask her what happened to her, and for us to be able to find her family or friends."

Sota sat down beside the h/c-haired woman, taking off the warm towel he placed on top of the woman's forehead to cool down her fever.

"Right. We can't go to the city today, dad. The boss told me that chaos happened in the city, and it's still ongoing. It's a good thing we're far from the city. I heard it's very bad, local and royal knights are scattered everywhere." Sota sighed.

His father nodded, then looked outside through the window. The skies are dark, and it's just gloomy. It seems that it will rain any time today.

"I'll go and prepare our lunch. You stay here and take care of this poor woman."

"Yeah. Be careful in cooking, dad."

Sota stared at the h/c-haired woman, and he couldn't help himself but admire the beauty of the woman in front of him.

His eyes then landed on the h/c-haired woman's baby bump.

"You are a married lady, aren't you...you're about to have a child, too. Your husband must be so worried for you..."

--

Sota waited for days, weeks until months for the h/c-haired woman to wake up, yet he didn't get tired but the concern and worry stayed with him.

He didn't mind the extra work he had to do to help the h/c-haired woman.

Until 6 months have already passed...

"I'm home!"

Sota walked inside their home. He took off his hat and placed it on the table at the side. His brows furrowed upon seeing a note on the table. He took it then began to read.

"I went outside for a bit to buy rice - dad"

The man let out a sigh. "I told him I'll do it once I get him. What a stubborn old man-"

Sota was surprised in his place when there was noise from the room where the h/c-haired woman have been staying.

He rushed to the room, not even bothering to knock. "What...!!!"

The man was in disbelief upon seeing the
h/c-haired woman kneeling down on the floor, the floor is wet as well as her dress.

He was in horror seeing the terrified look on the h/c-haired woman's face.

"W-what happened..."

The h/c-haired woman suddenly groaned in pain, placing a hand over her baby bump.

Sota knew immediately, the woman was already going to give birth.

Good lord.

He rushed towards the h/c-haired woman, and held her cold hands. "I-its okay...I'll ask for help, so stay here, I'll come back-"

Just as when Sota was about to leave, he was shocked when the woman held him back, looking at him with terrified and teary eyes. She hummed, muffled noises left her mouth, but somehow he understood what she was trying to say.

"Don't leave me please. I'm scared..."

Sota felt the strong need to leave to get help, yet he also didn't want to leave the woman.

"Please...don't leave me..."

He saw the fear in her eyes, and felt bad. He felt hurt seeing the tears roll down to her cheeks, and when he felt her shaky hands and body.

Sota wasn't able to think straight.

He knew he needed to do something to make her calm down first.

"Don't be scared. I'm here, I'll protect you."

Sota silently apologized for his rash actions, for hugging a married and pregnant woman. But he is doing so, to comfort her.

"I won't leave you. I promise."

--

"Just one more! A little more! Push!"

Sota didn't mind the tight hold of the h/c-haired woman in his hand while the woman tried her best to push out the baby from her womb.

He watched how she struggled, her overflowing tears, her pained expression, and everything.

"You can do it, my lady...just a little more."

Sota gulped as he leaned close to the h/c-haired woman and leaned his forehead onto hers, whispering comforting words to her that seemed to have calmed down the woman and helped her push through.

"I can see the head now! Just a little more!"

A few groans, shouts and moans.

More tears, pain and more.

Until the room was filled with cries of a newborn baby. "A-a girl! It's a girl!"

The midwife said, quickly covering the blond baby girl with a clean cloth. She looked hesitant, wondering why the child doesn't look like Sota.

Sota watched as the midwife places the baby girl on the h/c-haired woman's chest.

The baby stopped crying as soon as she was already closed to her mother.

"Congratulations, Sota..."

The man looked at the midwife, flustered by the greetings. "N-no! I am not the father-"

Sota wasn't able to continue what he was saying when he heard the h/c-haired woman sobbing.

He looked at her and was in awe seeing the woman crying while hugging her daughter.

That moment...he felt something.

He felt somehow attached.

That he wanted to keep them, to protect them and be with them forever even if he doesn't know the h/c-haired woman that much, and even if the baby is not his.

"...thank you." Sota replied with a smile.

--

"So she doesn't know her name? Nor does she remember anyone from her family or friends? Even what happened to her?"

Sota sadly nodded with his father's question. "Yes, but she does have fragments of her memories. She told me that she remembers getting married yet she can't remember who her husband is. Also, it seems like her memory is a mess. She thinks she had a divorce or something."

The old man let out a sigh. He looked back at the h/c-haired woman's room. She is currently standing, and swaying her body slowly while carrying her newborn baby.

"What are you going to do now?"

Sota looked at his father. "What?"

"They can't just stay here, Sota. We don't know her. And it's not like you can keep-"

"She asked if could stay here while she found a place for her and her daughter."

His father sighed. "Okay..."

Sota looked at the h/c-haired woman, he felt his heart beat fast the moment their eyes met, he immediately looked away, blushing.

She became even more beautiful now that she's a mother...

--

Sota waited again, for days, weeks, months for the h/c-haired woman to leave but she didn't. Not because she didn't want to but because she couldn't.

She doesn't remember her name, nor anyone from her past. She forgot everything and had her memories in a mess.

So how is she supposed to leave, especially in her state, and she's with a child?

Until half-a-year had already passed.

"Leticia, come on, let's eat."

The h/c-haired woman went out of her room, carrying a sleepins Elizabeth in her arms. He smiled upon seeing the two.

Sota took Elizabeth from the woman, and also helped the woman in sitting down.

"Oh! It's my granddaughter Lizzie! And she's sleeping. So adorable.."

Sota laughed when his father excitedly came to him to get Elizabeth. "Careful."

"Rascal. I know how to carry a child."

Sota watched his dad carefully carry sleeping Elizabeth and do a gentle sway in his place to keep Lizzie in tight sleep.

He then looked at the h/c-haired woman who was looking bothered.

"Are you okay, Leticia?"

Leticia looked at him, since they don't know her name, nor the woman knows it herself, they gave her a name they can use to call her.

"...I want to talk to you about something."

The woman said in a hand sign. Sota understood since he really took hand sign lessons just to teach Leticia and for them to understand each other better without having to have Leticia write a lot.

"Okay. But let's have dinner first."

Sota flashed Leticia a small smile, he leaned close to her and kissed her forehead, making the h/c-haired woman feel comforted.

A comfort that's somehow familiar.

That she felt like a certain someone had given to her.

And that is why she craves it.

--

"What did you want to talk about?"

Leticia stared at the ground, she played with the sand by tapping her feet on the sand. She then looked at Sota.

"Me and Elizabeth have been staying here with you and your father for a long time already, I think it's time for me and my daughter to leave. We can't burden you any longer, especially you."

Sota was surprised. He immediately shook his head. "No! Its fine! You can stay here longer, Leticia. Don't think you and Lizzie are being a burden to us. Because you and Lizzie were never a burden to us."

Leticia let out a sigh. "How about the people here in the village? They're making rumors that affect you, too. Saying that I am a wife who cheated on you and had a child with-"

"Is what they say really important?"

The h/c-haired woman was surprised, she felt her heart skip a beat when Sota stared straight into her e/c-eyes.

"They don't matter to me, Leticia. The only people I care about are you, Elizabeth and my father. Other people and what they say are something I can't even give an ounce of care to."

Leticia looked away, looking both guilty and regretful. "You're too kind. Until now I can't even remember anything, I can't even get myself to speak. Isn't it a drag to you?"

The h/c-haired woman was shocked when Sota laughed at her, she frowned as she watched him laughing.

"If I ask you to marry me, would you believe me that you were never a burden or a drag to me?"

Leticia's mouth was left hanging. Blood rushed to her cheeks while she stared at Sota with nothing but a flustered face.

Sota scoffed as he looked down, rubbing the back of his neck, and his cheeks rosy.

"Sorry...I shouldn't have said that, but I would like you to know it's also genuine."

Sota looked at Leticia, he was surprised to see the tears in her eyes. "Why are you-"

The man wasn't able to continue what he was gonna say when so suddenly he found himself kissing the h/c-haired woman.

Eyes wide open, and cheeks burning while the h/c-haired woman has his lips.

Leticia slowly moved away, still tearing up. She smiled at Sota who only stared at her with a surprised face. "Thank you for being so kind and respectful, Sota."

Sota clenched his fists, he tried his best to hold back. No, he's been holding back for such a long time. But now, he can't hold back any longer.

The man cupped Leticia's cheeks, he closed his eyes as he pulled her in for a deeper kiss. To his surprise, Leticia kissed him back, and even held him.

Sota pulled away slowly, but he leaned his forehead onto Leticia's as he softly spoke.

"I love you, Leticia...just stay with me. Let me take care of you and Elizabeth. I'll make you and Lizzie happy. Let's leave this place. We can go to our province in Hizuru. There, we can start a new life. Us, as a family..."

--

Forgotten past, forgotten name, forgotten story, forgotten love, and forgotten everything. That is her current state.

The supposed dead empress of the Eldian empire actually survived and lived but somehow she isn't herself either for she can't remember anything.

She started a new life without even trying to remember anything.

She left everything without even trying to go back.

She found a new love, forgetting her old one.

--

(Present Time)

"It feels like it was just yesterday when Elizabeth was born."

Y/n (Leticia) looked at Sota, she smiled upon seeing the love and awe in her husband's eyes staring at their daughter.

"Hehehe...I wonder if she ever feels lonely-"

Sota was surprised by his own words. He looked at his wife who laughed because of him being suddenly flustered.

"S-sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Let's do it, Sota."

The man froze in his place as he understood what his wife meant.

Y/n smiled sweetly at him.

"Elizabeth told me a few days ago that she wants a sibling. Let's do it..."

The h/c-haired woman held her husband's hand, lovingly staring at his eyes.

"Let's give her a sibling...but most especially, let's have our own child."

A new life, yet behind her...

There is also a forgotten one.

--

(Empire of Eldia, Paradis Island)

"Your majesty, the emperor of Hizuru had sent an invitation for you to attend his eldest daughter's wedding, First Princess Kaori."

Erwin took the royal Oriental invitation that Hange had handed to him, he removed the seal and opened it, then began reading the invitation.

The emperor let out a sigh. "Send a reply that I will attend. Prepare to leave in a few days. I'm bringing the crown prince and the first princess with me." Erwin said.

"Yes, your majesty."

Erwin was then left alone in his office.

He leaned back on his seat, eyes landing on the small portrait of his wife beside his table.

"My love, I wish...you're here with me. You'll surely love the Oriental Empire."

Can a forgotten love never really come back?
______________________________________

:)

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.2M 45.5K 56
In a cruel world dominated by Titans, you seek purpose in the Survey Corps after Levi saves you from the death of your grandmother, Arya. You want to...
244K 8.5K 80
{Erwin Smith x Fem! Reader} The artwork in this fanfic's book cover isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner. Disclaimer: I do not own any of the at...
162K 3.9K 53
Captain Levi isn't prone to making friends. But when you injure yourself training to be in the Survey Corps, you manage to capture his attention. He...
338K 12.4K 13
COMPLETED // (Y/N) Is pretty good at reading people and have a talent for knowing when someone is not ok. Lately (y/n) has noticed that Commander Erw...