Come Back to Me (Don't Save M...

Da AccioTherapists

Harry's fourth year begins and all hell breaks loose as secrets are revealed and Y/n's past comes back to hau... Altro

Chapter 1: Nightmare
Chapter 2: Amos Diggory
Chapter 3: Teasing
Chapter 4: Men in Masks
Chapter 5: The Triwizard Tournament
Chapter 6: Bait
Chapter 7: Hermione
Chapter 8: Control
Chapter 9: The Dragon
Chapter 10: Healing
Chapter 11: Reputation
Chapter 12: Study Hall
Chapter 13: Keep Talking
Chapter 14: Obey
Chapter 15: Nervous
Chapter 16: Mistletoe
Chapter 17: We Should All Be Worrying
Chapter 18: Jealousy
Chapter 19: The Dream
Chapter 20: The Second Task
Chapter 21: We Were Just Kids
Chapter 22: Sirius
Chapter 23: Safe?
Chapter 24: Coincidences
Chapter 25: Just a Walk
Chapter 26: Polyjuice
Chapter 27: Blood of the Daughter
Chapter 28: Loyalty
Chapter 29: Imperio
Chapter 30: Who is Alastor Moody?
Chapter 31: Healing
Chapter 32: The Minister
Chapter 33: Take Care of Yourself
Chapter 34: Comfort
Chapter 35: The Truth
Chapter 36: How Long?
Chapter 37: Regulus
Chapter 38: Mine
Chapter 39: It's Not Your Fault
Chapter 40: Home
Chapter 41: The Animagus
Chapter 42: You Can Talk To Me
Chapter 43: Lunch
Chapter 44: Lies
Chapter 45: Born to a Monster
Chapter 46: Promises
Chapter 47: The Potion
Chapter 48: Restless Night
Chapter 49: The Meeting
Chapter 50: Betrayal
Chapter 51: Rumors
Chapter 52: Don't Say It
Chapter 53: Show's Over
Chapter 54: You Didn't?
Chapter 55: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 56: Running Again
Chapter 57: Goodbye
Chapter 58: Friends
Chapter 59: The Hearing
Chapter 60: The Surprise
Chapter 61: Reunion
Chapter 62: Stay Out of Trouble
Chapter 63: Family
Chapter 64: Breakup
Chapter 65: The Patronus
Chapter 66: All We Want
Chapter 67: Weakness
Chapter 68: Animals and Friends
Chapter 69: The Boggart
Chapter 70: Where's Home?
Chapter 71: More Secrets
Chapter 72: The Task
Chapter 74: Nothing to Worry About
Chapter 75: Don't Anger the Pink Toad
Chapter 76: Fired
Chapter 77: Toad
Chapter 78: Gossip Chat
Chapter 79: Sacked
Chapter 80: Authority
Chapter 81: A United Front
Chapter 82: Occlumency
Chapter 83: The Attack
Chapter 84: Failed
Chapter 85: Promises and Reunions
Chapter 86: My Lady
Chapter 87: It's Begun

Chapter 73: Work It Out

219 13 2
Da AccioTherapists

A/N: This was two chapters originally but the first one was a little too short so here ya go: a longer chapter :)

"Are you alright?" Minerva asked as we made our way into the Hogwarts castle.

"Yup," I answered quickly.

"Y/n..." She stopped me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I know you. I know you feel responsible but you cannot take this on, dear."

"Minnie, they'll die if I don't go to him."

Her eyes widened as I spoke. "Y/n, you can't actually be thinking about doing this."

"What choice do I have? We knew this was coming, Minnie. If Albus has the chance at having another member on the inside... he's going to take it. He was probably going to ask that I join anyway. It was only a matter of time."

"Y/n, this isn't like choosing between pumpkin juice or butterbeer... This is extremely dangerous. You can't just decide you're going to become a double agent. It's not that simple."

"It actually is, Minnie. You're right, it isn't like choosing between pumpkin juice and butterbeer. It's choosing between children's lives and my fear. Their lives are going to win every time. I'm going to talk to Albus but I know he'll agree with me. I don't have a choice."

She sighed, knowing there was no point in arguing this. We headed toward Albus's office to let him know we'd arrived. As we turned a corner a flash of pink collided with me, nearly knocking me over.

An annoying giggle filled the corridor before the blob of pink looked up. "Sorry, dears. Suppose we should all watch where we're going a bit better, hm?" She giggled once again.

"Yes, it would certainly be helpful," I answered, recognizing the pink blob as she looked up.

"Dolores Umbridge," she said, introducing herself as I tried not to gag.

"Yes, I'm familiar," I answered. She held her hand out expectantly and I shook it, annoyed, but trying to control my facial expression.

"Y/n Y/l/n," I answered. Her lips pressed together in a tight smile as her grip on my hand grew tighter.

"Well, I certainly look forward to the year with you," she said, her voice increasing an octave. I rolled my eyes and walked away as Minerva followed quickly.

"That's the woman from Harry's trial! What's she doing here?" she asked, keeping her voice to a whisper as we reached the griffin to Albus's office.

"The ministry's interfering at Hogwarts," I answered as we ascended the staircase. It's begun.

 ***

I knocked on the door to the headmaster's office and it swung open quickly, revealing Albus and Severus having what seemed to be a heated conversation.

"Ah! Minerva! Y/n! Good to see you," Albus said, inviting us in his office. I looked back and forth between Albus and Severus, noticing the tears in his eyes that he was fighting to keep in. I sighed as the door closed behind Minerva and I.

"I take it you're talking about what happened in Knockturn Alley this morning."

Their eyes widened in horror as they realized what I'd said.

"H-how did you know?" Severus asked.

"Molly heard you. She didn't want to tell me but... Sirius thought I should know."

"Of course he did," Severus scoffed. "Suppose he thought it'd make you hate me more than you already do."

"I don't hate you, Sev," I answered, knowing he was still keeping up the act.

"You just can't trust me."

"Can you blame me? Wormtail's discussing killing children like it's nothing! That's the life you're involved in!" Suddenly it felt as if this was all getting a bit real as thoughts of his loyalty swirled in my mind. "Were you planning to tell me, Sev?" I asked, my voice cracking, though it wasn't an act anymore. Would he have truly told me what my father was planning?

"Honestly... I don't know, darling. If you do what I think you're about to do then I think we both know my answer."

"We both know it would be better for everyone."

"Not for you!" he hissed. "You'd be throwing yourself to the wolves!"

"So I should just leave Molly's kids to suffer? Tell me, Severus! What's an acceptable solution to you?!" My voice was growing in volume but I no longer cared.

"Y/n, I won't let anything happen to them but I cannot let you do what you're thinking about doing," he said, returning his tone to the familiar, deep drawl.

"It's not up to you. You don't get to make decisions for me anymore."

The words left my lips before I could stop them and his face fell slightly as the words hit their mark. This was all growing too real for either one of us to handle.

"Y/n..."

"Don't, Sev. We knew this was unavoidable. At some point Albus was going to request I become a double agent and we know I can't avoid my father forever."

Albus looked down as I spoke, knowing he'd already planned on requesting this of me.

"Y/n, don't do this... you don't want this life, my love."

"The advantages far outweigh the risks and you know I'm right. If you brought me to my father he'd be eternally grateful to you. Albus would have another person on the inside. I'd get to meet my family... and you and I wouldn't have to hide."

"I knew it!" Albus exclaimed as Minerva shook her head.

"Not the time, Albus," she scolded.

"Minerva! They're my OTP!"

She quickly shushed him, ordering him to sit at his desk and "hush up." I turned to Severus, a single tear slipping down his cheek. I moved toward him, wiping away the stray tear as he grabbed my wrist softly.

"They're not your real family, love. We are," he said, looking up at Albus and Minerva as he pressed his lips against my wrist.

"You know what I mean, Sev... Biologically he is my father."

"You don't know what you're getting into if you join this life, darling." His voice lowered as he continued. "I swore I'd protect you from this."

"You can't protect me forever, love. I had to face this eventually... I guess it's just going to be sooner than we'd thought."

"Please don't do this," he begged. My breath caught in my throat at the sound of his voice so broken but I couldn't give in.

"Did Wormtail give you a timeline? If I don't turn myself over... how long before he starts killing them?" I asked but Severus simply shook his head.

"It's not important because you're not joining. I will not allow you to put yourself in danger!" he hissed, his grip around my wrist tightening slightly, though not enough to hurt me.

"You'd do it for me!" I yelled. "Bloody hell, Severus! You're already doing it every fucking day! You can't honestly stand there and say that if the situations were reversed and Wormtail was threatening me or Minerva that you wouldn't do the same thing!" His head snapped up at this, looking back and forth between Minerva and I as my words sunk in.

"It's not the same thing!" He tried to argue once again but I could tell his resolve was failing him.

"It's close enough!" I answered, pulling my arm away from him. I took a few steps back, trying to clear my head as I slowly paced the room.

"Albus, you can't actually be thinking about this!" Severus exclaimed. At this Albus looked up, his hands clasped in front of him as he was pulled from his thoughts.

"It's her choice, Severus... but we all know she's right. Voldemort is going to stop at nothing to see her again. This could end one of two ways: if the both of you play your cards right we'd have two members on the inside or... if Y/n refuses... Well, we all know how that ends. Lives will be lost and it won't end with the Weasleys... Eventually Voldemort will come for her," Albus said, gesturing toward my still pacing form.

Severus huffed in annoyance, realizing he was being overruled.

"Y/n?" His soft voice pulled me from my thoughts as I turned to face him across the room.

"There's nothing else to talk about, Sev. If this means you hate me for the rest of our lives then so be it... but I cannot allow innocent kids to get hurt when I can stop it."

"Why would I hate you?" he asked, his eyes softening as he spoke.

"Guess it just seems that way," I answered. He shook his head, seeming appalled that I could come to that conclusion. He crossed the room in a second, taking my face in his hands and pressing his lips against mine. I could hear cheers from Albus and Minerva but neither of us paid any attention as he hungrily moved his lips against mine. He moved one hand to my waist, the other tangling in my hair, surprising me as he wasn't generally a PDA person unless he was proving a point or extremely jealous.

"I could never hate you," he murmured against my lips as he reluctantly pulled away.

I smiled as he looked down at me. "Then please stand by me through this, Sev. I need you," I said softly.

"Darling, I will always stand by you but this... this is dangerous."

"I know, love but we don't have many options right now."

His resolve was crumbling and I could see him preparing to argue again. I placed a hand on his chest, the other cupping his cheek.

He sighed, knowing I was right, and turned his face toward my palm, pressing his lips against my skin.

"Did Wormtail give you any indication as to when he was to begin attacking the children if I didn't meet Tom?" I asked him and he gently grabbed my hand, kissing the tips of my fingers as he held it close to him.

He cleared his throat, his fingers brushing the skin of my hand as he thought of what to say. "The Dark Lord gave him until the end of the year to convince you to meet with him before... before Wormtail is to begin completing his orders."

"What is Tom expecting you to do?"

"I was told to give you space but your father thinks that you'll eventually come around. He thinks... given our history... that we'll work it out," he answered.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm the racing feeling in my chest as I took a step back and turned to Albus, who spoke first.

"We have time, Y/n. The children are safe here. We have until the end of the year... we'll work something out."

"So, at this point, we're just avoiding the inevitable," I replied.

"Y/n," Severus began but I quickly stopped him.

"Sev, it's decided. There isn't a choice, love. You know we have to do this."

"You're insufferable sometimes," he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as I laughed.

"But you love me anyway," I answered.

"That I do, darling... that I do." He leaned down, gently kissing the top of my head. "If that's all the time we have... I'll take it," he murmured softly. "I'll protect you from this life as long as I can." His voice was barely a whisper, filling my ears as I clutched him tightly, knowing that once we left these walls we couldn't be together. There was nowhere for us to hide and now that Umbridge was onto us we would have to be particularly careful.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

7K 426 67
It's finally time for Y/n to reunite with her family but is she ready for everything that comes with being a Death Eater's daughter? Is she ready to...
37 0 13
The start of Regulus Black's sixth year at Hogwarts could not be going worse, but when James Potter unexpectedly comes to his aid, things begin to ch...
10.8K 431 30
Y/n has been best friends with the mauraders since first year, and she couldn't have asked for a better group of friends. But one day, third year, w...
44.1K 1.6K 41
A HARRY POTTER FAN FICTION BOOK FOUR IN THE LUCY SNAPE SERIES It's Lucy's fourth year at Hogwarts. Everywhere Lucy, Shona and Snape go they have to b...