The Other Brother

By Mbalezinhle90

n/a More

THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER
THE OTHER BROTHER

THE OTHER BROTHER

231 23 2
By Mbalezinhle90

THE OTHER BROTHER 
CHAPTER 25

The atmosphere is tense. No one really knew that this was going to happen. I look at Khanyisile who has her eyes fixed on the road with her head leaning against the window. At some point I understand her reasons for being mad, if I may put it that way. I really don’t know how I would feel if Mkhuseli had to get married to one of my ex’s. Not just any ex. But some I loved dearly.
“Mkhuleko. I think we have company.” Manqoba tells me. These days we seem to be slopping a lot. I get that Khanyi is in the picture, and she is the reason for me to be falling behind. But I can't initially put the blame on her, but I am slacking a bit. I turn my head to look at the back and it’s indeed those stupid amateurs that work for her father. He sent those goons to finish what they started trying to do. He should take these bamboos for some training. They should ask Toti, she is coming along just fine. One can take me out that easily. I am a die by nature. Many had tried to take me down but look where I am today. Still breathing and living the proof of danger. 
“Pull over I say.” 
As much as Manqoba is reluctant eventually pulls over. 
“I have a bad feeling about this.” He says. Manqoba keeps stealing glances at me. 
I cock my gun and attempt to step out of the car. But Light holds me back by grabbing my arm. Her touch alone is weakening me. The look in her eyes sends me flying back to my seat.
“I told you that I am tired. I want to go and rest. Wena Manqoba drive.” 
Is that an order from her? 
“Yes MaMkhuleko.” I think I will love this name more. 
With that said he starts the car and drives off. I am still tongue tied. Did she just order me, and I obeyed. I chuck not believing. 
“You look cute.” 
I see a smile curving on her lips. Manqoba on the other hand is smiling from ear to ear. I put my arms around her and sniff her hair. That mixed lotion scent. Now I believe it -when I am being told that this girl has me by my balls. 

Arriving at the flat we found her father reading a newspaper. He was so surprised to see us and said he never expected her to be back so quickly. I had to explain the purpose behind her sudden return. I love how he listens while I narrate the whole story to him. He still has his eyes fixed on the newspaper with no emotion taking place. I can't read his expression, but his sudden change of breathing says a lot. 
“That is what happened.” 
He folds the paper and puts it aside. I can now see the pain in his eyes. He takes a deep breath and sinks the pain in. 
“Where is she?” He asks. 
“I left her outside. She said she just wants to be alone so she could think and let the anger out.” I don't know in what way. I decided to give her space and let her be. I know she is hurting – but mostly hurt by her sister whom she trusted. I get it where she comes from. I too would have reacted in a different way. She walks in like she is carrying the world on her shoulders. Her eyes are puffy to a point that her eye lids are way swollen. Khanyisile is really risking her life here. Shouldn’t she just let this go once and for all. I know I may sound self-fish, but her sister gives zero fucks about her! She knows how sensitive light is. But she went ahead with breaking her when I was trying so hard to build her. 
“Come here.” Dumisa calls her. She takes her time dragging her feet and sits beside him. 
“Why are you crying over an ex my child?” 
“How does one move from such betrayal?” 
“For the sake of your physical and mental health, this is the first thing you’ve got to do. You don’t have to know where they’re in life, or who they’re with. Cut off all contact with your ex. Yes, it can be crushing to be out of their lives. But now the priority is your own journey, and they don’t have a place in it. It’s time to focus on yourself and not on your ex’s social plans. You should also know that there’s no way you can be just friends with them anymore. No matter what you may have read or seen, that rarely works out well in real life. It can be a painful and ultimately futile attempt to revive and hold onto a relationship that’s ended.”
“I hear you Babana. Honestly, I don’t care about Skhosane. I am worried about Thabi. This is actually painting another picture in my head. And for my own mother to tell me that I was not meant to be there in the first place means they were going to do this without me. It’s fine. I have cut ties vele nabo. I don't need them. I have you.” She says leaning on her father's shoulder. I look at Dumisa and he looks back at me. This is the right time to tell her that he is her father. Real father for that matter. 
“Tell her the truth.” I mutter with no words coming out of my mouth. He nods his head and takes a deep breath. 
“I have something to tell you.” 
I chose to walk away. Giving them some privacy will be a good start. I don’t want the old man sweating in front of me failing to control his emotions. I respect him a lot. But now he has to fight for what belongs to him. He can't let Ngcobo leave a lavishing life while he still suffers because of him.  It’s time for him to put his pants on and fight for what is his. I walk into the study room – I find Manqoba staring at his phone and playing with a necklace. 
“And then?” He is busy staring at Khanyi’s sister pacing up and down. 
“Don't tell me...” 
He locked his phone and quickly turned in my direction. “What the hell is wrong with you?” I see – I startled him. I don’t know why he is breathing fire.
“No need to bite my head off. I was just asking.” 
Why is he giving me the go. Taking out his frustrations on me. 
“No need to sneak up on me like that.” He continues to bark. I raise my hands up in surrender. I will let him be. I have a lot going on already and cannot add problems to the problems I have already. 
“Mkhuleko.” He calls me. I have left the room already. Seems as if people are moody today and that I cannot deal with. I hate moody people. Maybe going out for a walk will clear my head. 

SKHOSANE

I have been pacing up and down since Khanyi left. I can imagine what she must be going through right now. I am seated, stuck in my bedroom ashamed to face the world. What a coward I am. I should have stuck and fought by her side. If I was a true man - I would have defiantly fought for our love and not be coward about it. How did I let something this good just slip off my hands. Khanyi loved me when I had nothing. When I was still a garden boy, she was not even ashamed about it. I take a deep breath with a lump circulation down my throat. I am hurt on her behalf. The pain in her eyes is just pushing me off the cliff. She was never meant to find out. Well, she was going to know eventually, but not in that way. I was supposed to protect her and love her at all costs, but I failed. I failed to keep my word and protect her from the pain of this world. My bedroom door cracks open and my father walks in. He is carrying a bottle of Hennessy. Does he really think that alcohol will make me forget? 
“Don't be hard on yourself son.” 
He says sitting beside me. No one understands the pain I am going through. I learnt to accept Thabi who was shoved right down my throat and now I must bear seeing Khanyi in deep pain all the time. This is not fair on both of us. And now she is dating someone. Someone who is probably using her for his own benefits. I turned to look at my father. 
“How do I heal from this? Did you see the pain in her eyes?”
He keeps quiet for a second and doesn’t respond. For a moment I think he saw what I saw. “The girl really loved you with everything in her. But in life you must let go. Son, I once told you this the first time you broke up with that girl. And I will still repeat these words even though they are not exact. Accept what love meant to you. But try to take the opportunity to acknowledge the good things about the relationship, including anything you might have learned from it. Validate those feelings. Give them space in your heart. She will always be your favorite chick.” 
Did he just say ‘chick”. I let out a low chuck and shake my head in amusement.
“What? Don’t take me for a ride. I know your style.” 
Just as I thought things were going better, it looked like I was lying to myself. My father is seriously taking another route here. 
“He remembers himself when he was still young.” I laugh. 
“Wish I had everything growing up.” 
“But we had livestock that was stolen. Yazi when I think of that my heart just stops beating. I still always ask myself ukuthi who would have such nerves to take our bread right of our mouths.” My father clears his throat. He always shy's away from this topic always. “The time you went to that Sangoma what did he say?” Come to think of it, when he came back from that journey – he locked himself in his room and never spoke to anyone for days. He would cry himself to sleep and my mother was not doing okay as well. I believe he was told something and that something is very huge. It’s been years but my mind and heart still believe he knows who was behind the loss of our income. He later said everything will be out in the open. The ancestors will deal with him. We have been waiting for it since then. 
“I think I should go check up on your mother. And another thing. You should talk to this Khanyi girl. Set the record straight and iron things out. You are now her brother-in-law. Take the ‘ex’ title out of that big head of yours.” He taps on my shoulder and walks out. I thought the alcohol was brought for me. Man is stingy. Could he not leave some for me. I believe taking his advice will not do any harm. I will need to sit down with Khanyi and have a word with her. Who knows, maybe our friendship will rock up. Who am I fooling. She hates me, I saw it in her eyes. I need to think this through before I get to make any drastic decisions. Sleeping the stress helps me in a way. Maybe I will wake up the following day feeling a bit better than I am now. 

-

-

-

I woke up this morning feeling a bit better than I was yesterday. The weather is a bit chilly today. Khanyi used to love chilly weather. She believes it made her skin even more soft. I chuck getting off the bed. I open the curtains and indeed it’s drizzling. I need to check up on Thabi. She was not feeling okay yesterday at all. This thing hit her hard. It’s her only sister after all. I grab my phone from underneath the pillow and dial her numbers. It’s taking me straight to voicemail. Maybe I should just go check up on her. I will make breakfast first then take a quick bath. 

….

Arriving at her home – I find her parents seated in the seating room. The awkwardness is having me have unanswered questions in me. Was it even a good option coming here? I rub my hands together in respect. 
“Did you try calling her on her mobile?” Her mother asks. I sometimes don’t know how this womans mind works honestly. Did she not think that I might have called her, and I was not able to get ahold of her?   
“I have been trying to get ahold of her all morning and her phone is taking me straight to voicemail.” I respond. 
I hear them sigh. I know where her bedroom is. I stand up and allow my legs to lead the way. I can hear them mumbling and the stares boring my back. I ascend the stairs. Her bedroom door is closed. I knock multiple times. No luck. Something in me tells me that she is inside. I forcefully pushed the door but no luck either. I rush down the stairs and I still find these stupid folks seated.
“When was the last time you saw her?”
“The day of her...” Her father's voice trails off in shock. He stands up and rushes outside. He comes back panting like a dog. 
“Her car is here. Which means she is around. Did you check her room.” 
“Did you not hear me when I just said her bedroom is locked.” I think there must be some abnormality with these ones. 
“Only one way to find out. If we get to break the bedroom door.” I suggest.
Instead of agreeing with me they just keep quiet. I rush up the stairs again.
I used to see it in movies thinking that kicking doors is the easiest part. Little did I know that I might lose my leg in the process. I have been kicking this door for the past minute with no luck. Maybe I should try the window. But it will be pointless cause I will not reach it. 
I continue to kick until a typical maximum opening force. A sense of relief. Ngcobo will have to forgive me for breaking down his household. I scan around the room. Her bed is not made. The curtains are not open. No sign of her but the keys are on the inside which means she is here. She would have never used the window to escape – the curtains are still closed. I feel my knees losing strength. I haven't checked the bathroom!
Pushing the door, I get the shock of my life...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 42 33
69.2K 1.6K 51
"𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜 𝙙𝙪𝙢𝙗 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙝𝙞𝙜𝙝 𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡 𝙠𝙞𝙙𝙨." 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢�...
10.8K 180 71
The title :) Request are open
677 12 10
hi hi. 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘤, 𝘥𝘶𝘩?- 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 -𝕕𝕠 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕔𝕠𝕡𝕪 𝕠𝕣 𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕞𝕪 𝕕𝕒𝕞𝕟 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜𝕤 -𝕚 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕤 𝕤�...