A Life with You

By nightmareflier

No matter what Jiang cheng does, it somehow always turns against him. Stuck in the past, under his brother. A... More

⚠️Disclaimer⚠️
Characters
1. A Genuine Smile
2. Because of a promise
3. Incompetent
4. Suffocating
6. Once in 10yrs
7. Heartless
8. Cute
9. A small Scratch
10. The Purple robes
11. Confused
12. Seclusion
13. Nostalgia
14. The South
15. The unspoken History
16. Stay the Night
17. Friend
18. Unfamiliar
19. A Plan
20. Drunk
21. Guilty
22. Reunion
23. Kicked out
24. His fault
25. Master
26. Switch
27. Returned
28. In a Sack
29. The War
30. Hidden Forever
31.Drained
⚠️32. Seal Me⚠️
33. Pain and Panic
34. Deja Vu?
35. Squirrel
36. Recognize
37. Fruitful discussion
38. Nowhere
39. Maniac
40. Jiujiu!
41. Jiang Lian
42. Wine in the House
43. Husband
44. Wanyin
45. Touched the water
46. Music
47. Intuition
48. Old Letters
⚠️49. Couple
50. Banquet
51. Wrong room?
52. No Harm
53. Stares
54. Wrong room!!
55. Desires
56. Separate
57. Rusted with Time
58. Land of Death
59. Cave
60. Apologize
61. Righteous
62. Bruise
63. Cheap
64. The End
65. Remember
66. Losing Memory
67. Bitch
68. Not a Gentleman
⚠️69. His jealous Heart⚠️
⚠️70. A-Tian...
71. Illusion
72. Talisman
73. Repentance
74. His Waning Soul
75. Let it out
76. Worthy
77. Eggs
78. Soaked
79. Daze
80. Snitch
81. Vinegar
82. Your Smile and my Frown
83. One of the 3
84. Our Garden
85. Back to Back
86. Money and Marriage
87. Lotus in the Snow
🌸 88. Accompany 🌸
89. Surprise Everywhere
90. All Together
91. Couldn't Refuse
92. A Secret Lover
93.Behind the Bushes
94. Defeated not the Defeater
95. Idea
96. Lanterns with the Moon
97. Fire like Rage
98. I'm Cold
99. Chilles and Choking
Plot Review
100. when the Lan goes Bland
101. The left behind Imprint
102. Scared by the Scared
⚠️ 103. Go Deep Down 🔞⚠️
🔞⚠️ 104. The night is still Young~ 🔞⚠️
⚠️ 105. A Sexy face ⚠️
106. A talk left to Try
107. Left in the Dark

5. Sworn Brothers

983 53 7
By nightmareflier

Previously...

Once I reached the entrance I went through the forest and finally exited. After a few minutes of walking, I reached Caiyi town. It was as lively as it will ever be. I should find that restaurant soon.

Lan Xichen's POV

I should have asked them the location of the restaurant, now I'm just lost. I have been searching for that restaurant long enough for the sun to start setting. As I was looking around someone bumped into me. I turned my head towards them only to hear a short gasp from them. It's... Sect leader Jiang? Oh no, did he recognize me? If I act indifferent, he wouldn't know right?

"Greetings, young cultivator. Do you know the way to the newly open restaurant?" I spoke in a very casual manner, different from how I usually talk. He would definitely not know it's me.

Jiang cheng, "Y-yes... This way Sec- ahem... traveler." He did not notice. I knew it. This is the best disguise ever.

We walked towards the new restaurant with me following Sect leader Jiang. 

When we reached the restaurant, I could smell all the delicacies from the entrance. I was about to bind my farewell with Sect leader Jiang when I heard his stomach rumble, he must be very tired.

Jiang cheng, "N-now then, have a nice meal."

Lan xichen, "Why don't we eat together, think of it as a 'thank you' meal."

Jiang cheng, "I- *Stomach grumbles*... Sure." 

Now that I think about it, there are no disciples around him. Did he come alone on his sword. No wonder he is hungry. It must have been a really tiring journey.

We entered the restaurant together and sat down in a private space. The place was really beautiful. With red and gold curtains and dark oak table contrasting the brightly lit room. It was all grand not to forget the red and yellow flowers elegantly placed.

I ordered the least spicy vegetable soup and sect leader Jiang ordered a Sichuan Beef soup.

While we were waiting, I felt like I had to start a conversation, but it's been months since I spoke with someone. Gathering my courage, I started a small conversation.

"Ahem, so how was your day cultivator?"

Jiang cheng, "A-it was a nice day. Might I ask what you are doing here... Traveler."

"I heard there is a new restaurant opening so I wanted to take a look. It was really suffocating in my room- I meant in the inn room."

Waiter, "Here's your food, young masters." The waiter placed the food, and we thanked him after which he left. They looked really good. As I was about to take the spoon, I realized that I am wearing a veil. Oh no. How do I eat? Should I tell him that I'm sick? But lying is forbidden. I was contemplating with myself until sect leader Jiang noticed my hesitation.

Jiang cheng, "Actually, I... know your real identity...s-so, you can take off your hat, Sect leader Lan."

Lan xichen, "What!" I stared at him with widened eyes.

Lan xichen, "How were you able to...?" I mean, looking at my outfit it's obvious it's not me.

Jiang cheng, "It's actually pretty obvious, your voice and your way of speech, it's all the same. And you give off the same aura."

Lan xichen, "Well, I tried my best..." I looked down feeling awkward and started to fidget with my fingers.

Jiang cheng, "We should start eating before the food gets cold."

Lan xichen, "Of course." I tried my best to smile after which I started eating. Must say, the food is extraordinary. 

After eating I paid for both of us even though sect leader Jiang insisted that he'd pay.

We took a stroll around the town, stopping to enjoy the scenery. It was so quiet and calm, something I did not enjoy at the moment. Jiang cheng broke the silence, "So, sect leader Lan-"

Lan xichen, "Please, Lan xichen is fine, I wish to forget my title and be a normal person tonight." Sect leader Jiang looked at me, unreadably. After which he smiled at me with a slight nod. It must be my lucky day. The great Sandu Shengshou smiled.

Jiang cheng, "Then, may I join you?" 

Lan xichen, "Of course, Jiang...cheng."

Jiang cheng, "Maybe we should go see the festival celebration, Lan xichen."

Lan xichen, "Sure."

We started walking towards the inner part of the town, which was more brightly lit. I could feel the breeze pushing the net around my face, back. We stood close to each other, our shoulders almost bumping. We were having a small conversation; it's been a while since I did that. It was going well until... 

Jiang cheng, "How are you doing?" 

Lan xichen, "I was doing fine but a small incident occurred which may have spoiled my mood, but coming out here and having someone to talk to makes it better."

Jiang cheng, "But, don't you have a brother to talk to?"

Lan xichen, "Well, it's not always easy. But I must have made them quite worried." As his older brother, I should be the one bearing his burdens, but now I am his burden. He has been working extra hard since I went into seclusion. I sighed, looking down, Jiang cheng must have noticed it.

Jiang cheng, "It's normal to grieve after you lose someone you treasure, and mainly when it's your lover."

Lan xichen, "If I may ask, why do you think he is my lover?" At this point I'm genuinely curious as to why people think he is my lover.

  Jiang cheng, "Is he not? He seemed dear to you." 

Lan xichen, "Yes he is dear to me, and so is da-ge. We ar-were sworn brothers. I have never seen him in such a light."

Jiang cheng, "My apologies, I have mistaken your relationship." He bowed lightly but he doesn't have to. Are we not... friends? acquaintance? what are we?

Lan xichen, "By the way, why did you come to Caiyi town alone? What if you got lost?"

Jiang cheng, "I came here to see an acquaintance and while leaving I bumped into you."

Lan xichen, "But the way to Yunmeng was in the opposite direction though."

Jiang Cheng's POV

Jiang cheng, "I..."

Lan xichen, "It's alright, you don't have to tell me if you're uncomfortable."

Jiang cheng, "Thank you, but it's not something serious. It's just..."

Why did I even get into such a situation?

Before, when Jiang Cheng came to Caiyi town,

That great physician should be right around here. As I was searching for the great physician who temporarily resided in Caiyi town, I noticed that the town was very lively, perhaps a little too lively. 

Person, "They say that tonight, the soulmates may meet under the beauty of the moon and be intertwined forever."

Was this the festival Jinling talked about, he said he'd drag me here, but I guess I was too optimistic. Comparing to his other uncle, I can never win against him.

I reached the said place where he resides, I heard he can cure anything, hopefully he can cure me as well. I knocked on the door that looked really old. After a few minutes it opened, and a young lady welcomed me inside. 

Young lady, "Greetings master Jiang, I am Cao Chuli. May I know the purpose of your visit?" 

Jiang cheng, "I'm here to meet the great physician."

Cao Chuli, "I'm afraid master would reject your proposal, he does not wish to attain fame." 

Jiang cheng, "I am not here to invite him to Yunmeng." She thought for a while before welcoming me in, "This way."

I followed behind as she led the way to the great physician.

Cao Chuli, "Master is inside, please wait." I stood outside the door as she entered in. The place looks very tacky, maybe he isn't the great physician. Suddenly the door opened, and she gestured me to come in.

The interior looked nothing like the exterior, it was all well-polished light oak. I sat in front of the table where I assume the great physician would be. The lady entered a room covered by a dark blue screen.

Great physician, "I see, you may leave."

Cao Chuli, "Yes master."

The lady came out and bowed to me before exiting the room. Soon the blue screen was pushed to the side and the great master sat in front of me. He bowed lightly which I returned.

Great physician, "You may call me Qi Guang."

Jiang cheng, "Master Guang, I heard you can cure anything."

Qi Guang, "Yes, what is it that trouble master Jiang to visit a lowlife like me."

Jiang cheng, "You are too humble master Guang. I came here because in the recent years, I used to get nightmares but now I seem to be hallucinating about it."

After telling him every detail related to my nightmares, he started to check my pulse and after inserting a few needles on my hand, he started to write something.

Qi Guang, "Young master Jiang, this is the first time I have seen such a case. Though the cure is not impossible to find, it might be very difficult for you. But rest assured, I have read about this before."

Jiang cheng, "What is it?" 

Qi Guang, "You have a rare case of cursed poison."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 1K 40
Lan Xichen would always give what he had for his only brother, even if he had to give himself up. Because of his actions, he fell into the deepest an...
27.6K 1.1K 25
in which a story where meng yao and his sworn brothers try to find cultivation partners. but for xichen and jiang cheng, their dating life only forms...
47.1K 2.4K 8
Zhan is a loner who doesn't like strangers, and he doesn't have any friends. Yibo thinks that he loves him but he pushes him away. He's been in abusi...
114K 9.5K 32
𖤍UNDER EDITING𖤍 Chapter Marked { ✔} are edited You save me every time whenever I am in danger. Exactly like Doraemon, he always saves Nobita from a...