Forced II: Whatever Happens

Von ShoamEmily

Sequel to 'Forced'. If you haven't read the first book, please do! This book won't make sense if you don't. ~... Mehr

Hello Everyone!
Chapter 1 - Six Months Later
Chapter 2 - Walls Will Crumble
Chapter 3 - 3:33 AM
Chapter 4 - Grounded
Chapter 5 - The Unexpected
Chapter 6 - Do You Remember?
Chapter 7 - So Wrong, But Feels So Right
Chapter 8 - Early Surprises
Chapter 9 - Leo
Chapter 10 - Focus
Some Explaining to Do...
Chapter 11 - You Take My Breath Away
Chapter 12 - Hawaii 2.0
Chapter 13 - The Call
Chapter 14 - Visitor Hours
Chapter 15 - Getaway
Officialy On Hold/Author's Note
Chapter 16 - Ghosts From The Past
Chapter 17 - Rise Of The Dead
Chapter 18 - Promises & Frustrations
Chapter 19 - Not-So-Happy Birthday
Chapter 20 - Revelations
Chapter 21 - (Un)Easy Like Sunday Morning
Chapter 22 - Homecoming
Chapter 24 - Wedding Bells
Chapter 25 - Catching (Old) Feelings
Chapter 26 - Unsolved Problems
Chapter 27 - Doubts
Chapter 28 - This Time Is Forever
Chapter 29 - Safe Place
Chapter 30 - Care Enough To Bear Me
Chapter 31 - London
Chapter 32 - Happy Times
Chapter 33 - Stressed
Chapter 34 - Worlds Apart
Chapter 35 - Behind The Scenes
Chapter 36 - Show Time
Chapter 37 - Show Time II
Chapter 38 - Show Time III
Chapter 39 - Aftershow
Chapter 40 - Together, Always
Chapter 41 - Family Trip
Chapter 42 - Alpine Descend
Chapter 43 - Ups & Downs
Chapter 44 - Italian Bliss
Chapter 45 - Pumpkin's (Rough) Patch
Chapter 46 - Good Treatment
Chapter 47 - Breaking Point
Chapter 48 - Blame It On The Sun
Chapter 49 - Christmas Miracle
Chapter 50 - The Unknown
Epilogue - Ave Maria
Epilogue II - June 25th
Author's Note - The End Of An Era
New Oneshots Book!

Chapter 23 - No Holding Back

413 18 37
Von ShoamEmily

Oh, my God you guys, the next couple of chapters came out so wholesome, I really enjoyed writing them 🥹

Have fun ❤️

~ShoamEmily

~

15th of September, 2008
Michael is 50, Angela is 44, and Jake is 45

Jake: I watched as Angela's eyes filled with happy tears, and she kissed Michael over and over.

She giggled when she pulled away, telling him how much she loves him.

That feeling in the pit of my stomach crept in. Jealousy? Probably.

But I was happy for them, I really was. Angela expressed to me over the phone how she wishes they could go back to the way it used to be before Michael fell into a coma.

"We'll, uh, give you a few minutes alone," Adam told them, motioning for Javon and I to leave the guest house. "Come on."

I followed quietly, still hearing Angela giggle uncontrollably when we were outside.

Adam said he'll be in the car for when they come back. I played with my feet and put my hands in my pockets.

Javon cleared his throat, "I know that face. Do you still love her?"

"Excuse me?" I looked up at him.

"Angela. You still love her, don't you?" he asked.

"I thought you're only here to do your job." I mumbled.

"I know how it feels," the bodyguard kept going. "To love her and watch her choose him instead."

I ignored him. Nope, can't let my feelings get in the way. I'm the one who brought them together in the first place.

"She has that effect on people, you know."

That did it.

"Seriously, what's your problem?" I snapped at him.

"I just don't want you to get your hopes up. I did, I got hurt, and almost lost my job." Javon said.

"I don't have any hopes, Javon. Ange and Mike are happily married, do you really think I want to get in the way of that? I'm here for my kids," I rolled my eyes at him. "Sure, I still love her, and I'll never stop. But she hasn't been mine for a while now. I have no right to try and take away their happiness. And now Mike finally remembers... Angela waited so long for this."

I came close to his face. "The last thing they need is for more people to stab them in the back. They both had enough of that, trust me."

Just then, Michael and Angela came out of the guest house, hand in hand.

"Thank you, Jakey..." Angela was still crying when she hugged me. "I don't know what you did, but you brought him back."

Michael was next. I sighed into his shoulder.

"I can't thank you enough, Jake."

"You don't need to thank me. Just promise me to never let her go. She needs you, man."

He nodded slightly and pulled away. He looked so different all of a sudden.

"We'll talk to Lily and Eric soon, okay?" my best friend patted my shoulder. "I promise you'll get to be with them."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Get some sleep, Jakey. We'll see you tomorrow." Angela grabbed my hand and squeezed it before they left with Javon and Adam.

I sat on the grass just outside the guest house and took out my phone to call Kimberly. I inhaled deeply, taking in the fresh Californian air.

I'm home.

~

Michael: As soon as we stepped into the house, I darted upstairs into the nursery.

Angela went to find the older kids to tell them the good news. I couldn't quite believe it myself yet.

But all of my memories were there. Angela and I's wedding, the day she agreed to give us a try, our first real date. It was all right there, clear as day.

The twins were playing with some blocks as Grace was changing AJ.

"Daddy!" Rose got up to hug my legs. My heart skipped a beat at her small voice.

"Oh, Mr. Jackson, you're back," the nanny smiled. "Leo's asleep, he's in the crib in your room, and I just bathed little AJ."

"Thank you, Grace. I'll take it from here." I took AJ from her. She left quickly.

"Daddy?" Jared called. "Pwease help?"

My son looked frustrated as he tried to build a house from the blocks. I sat next to him on the floor, placing AJ on my lap, then opened my arms so I could hug the twins.

"Daddy really missed you," I said. "Can I get a hug?"

I actually remembered every little detail about them. Their birth, Rose and Jared's first birthday, the way they used to talk in their secret twin language, and how much joy they've brought into my life.

My three children giggled loudly as I embraced them and placed kisses all over their faces.

~

Blanket sat on my lap as we ate dinner as a family. Angela called to invite both our parents as well so we could tell them.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I glanced at it, seeing Dr. Moore texted me.

"Scan came out clear, Michael. Best wishes."

We called him earlier to tell him what happened. He was ecstatic, promising us he'll get back to us with the scan results ASAP.

Smiling, I showed my wife. She grabbed my hand under the table, sighing in relief.

"So what's so special?" Joseph asked.

"We'll tell you soon." I answered.

It was mother's turn. "You're not pregnant again, are you, Angela?"

"No, I'm not pregnant, Katherine." my wife rolled her eyes playfully.

"Good," mother sighed. "Don't get me wrong, I'd love more grandbabies, but I think nine is more than enough."

Angela's parents ate quietly but looked relieved as well.

"Daddy," Paris said. "We're done, can we go?"

"Sure, Parry."

Each of the older children hugged me tightly. Prince was last, and hugged me longer. "I'm really glad you're back, daddy. I love you."

"I love you too, Prince." I whispered.

"Okay, so what is it?" Maria looked between Angela and I.

I looked at my wife who had the biggest grin. "Mike got his memory back."

The first one to hug me was mother. She said how glad she was, and that she knows it will be so much easier from now on.

The rest of them were next, and I glanced at my wife, the smile never leaving her lips.

~

"Oh, my God, Mike..." Angela moaned and I held her closer to me.

Our naked bodies moved together in sync as the hot water washed us.

I kissed her for the millionth time today, it finally felt so... natural.

"I love you, babe." I panted into her mouth.

She looked me straight in the eyes. "Me too, so much."

My wife held onto me tighter when her walls clenched tightly around me, moaning my name.

I started to pull out since I didn't have a condom on, but Angela stopped me.

"Angie, we can't-" I started, but she cut me off.

"I need to feel you," she kissed me, pulling me back. "All of you... It'll be fine, I'll just go get Plan B tomorrow morning..."

I kissed her back, "If you say so..."

She moved her hips against mine again, in just the right rhythm, and I groaned loudly as I came inside her.

Angela unwrapped her legs from around me, laughing happily.

"Gosh, I missed this, Michael," she said, washing herself off. "Just you and me, nothing holding us back anymore."

I kissed her again when crying from the baby monitor was heard. She offered to go but I told her I'll do it.

After I got dressed, I went up the stairs to find Leo crying his little eyes out. "Hey, baby boy..."

He only needed to be changed. I decided to hold him close for a few minutes, smiling to myself as I remembered the night Angela and I made him in Venice.

"Everything okay?" she appeared at the top of the stairs. She came closer to us and wrapped her arms around me from behind.

"Everything's perfect, Ange."

My wife hummed into my back, telling me again how much she loves me. I wrapped my free arm around her so I was embracing both her and our son.

I leaned down to kiss her, "I love you more, Angela."

~

1st of October, 2008
Michael is 50, Angela is 44, and Jake is 45

Angela: Lily and Eric sat down across from Michael and I on the library couch. We finally decided it was time to tell them about Jake.

He settled in, staying at his little part of the ranch. Michael and I would go keep him company every now and then, but he seemed to enjoy being by himself most of the time.

It has been the most amazing two weeks; it felt as if my husband and I picked up where we left off a year ago. Except he still did miss those seven months when he was in a coma.

"So what's up, mommy?" Lily asked. "I was just getting to a good part of my book."

I let out a shaky breath, making Michael take my hand. I opened my mouth to speak, but Eric beat me to it.

"I know what it is, Lil. Dad, you finally called Jordan, right?" my son grinned at his step-dad.

"Guys, listen to your mother for a second, please." Michael told them as he rubbed the skin of my arm soothingly.

My two children looked at me curiously.

"Okay," I took in a deep breath. "Do you remember daddy?"

Lily looked at me, confused. "Of course we do, mommy. Why? We still have some time before we have to go to the cemetery, right?"

I smiled sadly. They're going to be so upset.

"That's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about... Kids, Jake- I mean, daddy, he's- he's not dead. He didn't really die." I finally said it.

Eric shot me a look, "That's not funny, mom."

"Yeah, seriously." his twin sister rolled her eyes slightly.

I looked at Michael for help.

"Your mother isn't joking." he told them. They just stared at him.

"But daddy died when we were five..." Lily said.

"If he's not dead, then where is he?" Eric snapped.

"I know it's a lot to take in. Your mom and I had a hard time believing it, too," Michael let go of my hand so he could take theirs. "We understand that it's a lot to take in. But we'd like for you to see him. He's very excited to see you, too."

Lily let go of his hand with an angry expression I've never seen my sweet girl make. "What if I don't want to see him?"

She took her book with her, stood up and left the library. This is the one thing I hoped wouldn't happen.

"I'll go talk to her." Michael kissed my temple before going after my daughter.

"So where is he?" Eric asked.

"He's close by. We thought we'd take you soon." I answered.

He stood up and hugged me tightly, his arms wrapped around my neck as he cried into my shoulder.

"H- how is it possible, mommy? I thought daddy died in a car crash." my son sniffled.

I caressed his black hair that matched Jake's. "He did, sort of... He can explain better than me, I promise."

Eric nodded and pulled away. I wiped his tears, placing a long kiss on his cheek.

"I love you, baby." I whispered.

"I love you, too, mommy." he smiled.

~

Michael: I found Lily in the room she shared with Paris. She sat on her bed, a book in her small lap.

"Lily," I called. She looked up and rolled her eyes like Angela does. "Can I come in?"

"I don't want to talk about it, dad." she mumbled.

I took a seat on her bed, "Sweetheart, listen-"

"No, I don't care. I don't want to see him."

"Why not?"

Lily put down her book, eyes full of tears. She attacked me in a hug, "Because I don't want you to stop being my dad."

"Oh, Lily," I sighed. "I won't stop being your dad, I promise."

"But if daddy's alive, then you don't have to be my dad anymore, right?"

"It's a bit more complicated than that, sweetheart. Believe me when I say, I love being your dad, and I'm not planning to stop unless you tell me to. And as long as your mom and I are married, I'll continue doing just that."

My step-daughter pulled away from our hug and smiled at me.

"I never ever want you to stop being my dad."

I smiled back, putting a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Do you love mom?" she asked.

"Of course, Lily. With everything I have." I answered.

"Don't ever leave her, okay, dad? Because she really loves you too, and if you leave again she'll be sad. Sad like when you didn't remember how to love her."

I kissed her forehead, "I promise."

~

We drove to the guest house Jake was staying in. I stopped the golf cart and turned to Lily and Eric.

They really did resemble Jake, except for some obvious features that belonged to Angela. They both got his black hair. But Eric had his mother's beautiful smile, along with his father's brown eyes. Lily was the exact opposite.

Angela pulled the kids into a tight hug before telling them that Jake was inside.

"You can stay with him for as long as you want, okay? Your dad and I are at the house if you need us." she told them, making them nod.

The three of them made their way to the door.

I watched from a distance as the door opened, revealing Jake. The second he saw Lily and Eric, he dropped to his knees and hugged them. Tears welled up in my eyes.

He probably missed them so much.

After a few moments that he just held them, he gave Angela a quick hug, thanking her again. She hugged the twins tightly before coming back to me.

"I didn't think I would ever see them together again." she sniffled. I pulled her to me and held her close.

"I can't even imagine how he must feel right now." I said.

My wife inhaled deeply, "Can we go home?"

I nodded, leaning in to kiss her.

~

Jake: Once the door closed behind us, I hugged my kids again.

They were both so big, and so beautiful. How did I ever leave them?

"Daddy?" Lily asked. "How are you?"

I chuckled through my tears and tightened my grip on them.

"I'm doing better now, Pumpkin." I said.

They pulled away and looked at me. Eric smiled widely, "You used to be taller."

He was so tall, almost reaching my chest. Lily was just a bit shorter than him.

"Well, you used to be shorter. Mike told me you play basketball." I smiled.

He smiled back, nodding. "You used to play, too, right?"

"Still do."

I turned to my daughter who looked unsure.

"You okay, Pumpkin?" I took her hand in mine. "You know, I heard you like to read-"

"Why did you leave, daddy?" she cut me off. Her eyes were filled with tears.

"Oh, Lily..." I sighed. "I didn't mean to, I promise. And I'll explain one day when you're older, but for now all I can say is that I love you so much, and I'm so happy to be back."

She attacked me in a big hug again, telling me she missed me.

"Me, too, Pumpkin." I kissed her hair.

~

We sat down and talked most of the day. They were so special, I couldn't believe how amazing they turned out to be.

I could tell they were raised by Michael; some of his gestures rubbed off on Lily, and Eric talked like him. My son even laughed like him.

I shook that hint of jealousy off again. What's wrong with me?

It saddened me a bit, knowing they never really got to know me, and have me around to teach them certain things. But I hoped to be there for them from now on.

We were making dinner together. It blew me away, they actually knew what they were doing, never asking for help.

And when I asked how they leaned how to cook, they both just shrugged.

"When dad went into the hospital mommy needed a lot of support," Lily said. "So we would help grandma Maria and grandma Katherine cook sometimes."

I kept forgetting they called Michael 'dad'. They seemed to really look up to him, making that feeling in the pit of my stomach come back.

I hated that I was jealous of him, because I knew all he ever did was take care of my family like I asked him to.

When the food was done, we sat down to eat. They asked to watch a movie after dinner and I agreed.

They fell asleep halfway through, making me turn off the TV. My phone buzzed, it was a text from Kim.

"Hey, free to talk?"

We've been talking and texting non-stop. She was so easy to talk to. Although I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up because I didn't know how long I'll be staying for, it was nice talking to someone.

I hurried to text her back, telling her I'm with my children. We said our goodnights and I soon drifted off with Lily and Eric next to me.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.8K 89 9
Time has passed and the two have grown. One in a new state, the other building an entire empire. They both moved on with their lives, growing and mat...
4K 106 33
"Zyan I love you...." He looks me in the eyes meaning every word and I knew I fucked up. "No you can't I love-" "Don't you even say his name he doe...
10.9K 167 74
"You don't want me..." I breathed, selfishly leaning into his touch. But I quickly pull away. "I'm different and so not your type," I muttered, looki...
226K 5.3K 63
**This is the FIRST book, the SECOND book in called The Baby Pact** Nicoletta, Delilah, and Kassidi are three fifteen year old friends who find thems...