A Life with You

By nightmareflier

No matter what Jiang cheng does, it somehow always turns against him. Stuck in the past, under his brother. A... More

⚠️Disclaimer⚠️
Characters
1. A Genuine Smile
2. Because of a promise
3. Incompetent
5. Sworn Brothers
6. Once in 10yrs
7. Heartless
8. Cute
9. A small Scratch
10. The Purple robes
11. Confused
12. Seclusion
13. Nostalgia
14. The South
15. The unspoken History
16. Stay the Night
17. Friend
18. Unfamiliar
19. A Plan
20. Drunk
21. Guilty
22. Reunion
23. Kicked out
24. His fault
25. Master
26. Switch
27. Returned
28. In a Sack
29. The War
30. Hidden Forever
31.Drained
⚠️32. Seal Me⚠️
33. Pain and Panic
34. Deja Vu?
35. Squirrel
36. Recognize
37. Fruitful discussion
38. Nowhere
39. Maniac
40. Jiujiu!
41. Jiang Lian
42. Wine in the House
43. Husband
44. Wanyin
45. Touched the water
46. Music
47. Intuition
48. Old Letters
⚠️49. Couple
50. Banquet
51. Wrong room?
52. No Harm
53. Stares
54. Wrong room!!
55. Desires
56. Separate
57. Rusted with Time
58. Land of Death
59. Cave
60. Apologize
61. Righteous
62. Bruise
63. Cheap
64. The End
65. Remember
66. Losing Memory
67. Bitch
68. Not a Gentleman
⚠️69. His jealous Heart⚠️
⚠️70. A-Tian...
71. Illusion
72. Talisman
73. Repentance
74. His Waning Soul
75. Let it out
76. Worthy
77. Eggs
78. Soaked
79. Daze
80. Snitch
81. Vinegar
82. Your Smile and my Frown
83. One of the 3
84. Our Garden
85. Back to Back
86. Money and Marriage
87. Lotus in the Snow
🌸 88. Accompany 🌸
89. Surprise Everywhere
90. All Together
91. Couldn't Refuse
92. A Secret Lover
93.Behind the Bushes
94. Defeated not the Defeater
95. Idea
96. Lanterns with the Moon
97. Fire like Rage
98. I'm Cold
99. Chilles and Choking
Plot Review
100. when the Lan goes Bland
101. The left behind Imprint
102. Scared by the Scared
⚠️ 103. Go Deep Down 🔞⚠️
🔞⚠️ 104. The night is still Young~ 🔞⚠️
⚠️ 105. A Sexy face ⚠️
106. A talk left to Try
107. Left in the Dark

4. Suffocating

1K 44 0
By nightmareflier

Previously...

"Such a crybaby, you are not worthy of being my son."

"Mother!"

Jiang Cheng POV

"I'm-" I woke up breathing heavily. It's just a dream, I should calm down. After taking a few deep breaths, I realize I slept in the study room. I should go back before Huizhong finds me. He is just like an old lady, always nagging me.

As I was about to enter my room, the old lady found me. "Sect leader JiANG, did you Even slEEP, you told me to rest but look at you, it's obvious you did not sleep."

"I wish I didn't" I murmured, wait, why should I. I am the sect leader.

I swiftly turned around, "You must have nothing to do, coming and nagging me like an old lady."

"Sect leader, I was just worried about you, you haven't slept a wink after you returned from that night hunt."

"I did, I slept today." I sighed, "Anyways, why are you here?"

Huizhong, "Right, we received a letter from Gusu Lan."  The Lan clan? Why would they send me a letter? Did that Wei wuxian tell them what actually happened? Are they going to apologize? "Keep it in my study."

"Yes, sect leader" he bowed before he left. Well, I should get ready.

In the study,

I wonder what they wrote. The calligraphy is really beautiful, it must be written by that stone face. He is obviously not going to say much. With that attitude of his, I doubt it's going to be a proper apology.

I opened the letter and started reading it.

Sect Leader Jiang,

Regarding the recent incident that took place, we have finally decided to make decision based on your recent activity. As you have harmed a person under the Lan clan, you are officially banned from visiting the Cloud Recess, with an exception during the discussion conference.

Sincerely,

Hanguang-jun

Seriously, I harmed him?  Whatever, it's not like I want to go there either way.  Did he not tell anything against this, we both knew what actually happened, but he chose to be silent, so be it. I have better things to do.

All of it is his- 'Chengcheng~ you are blaming it all on me again, you are so clingy. Is there a day when I have not been involved by you.'

"Wei... wuxian?, y-you." 

'Shh... Close your eyes and sleep well, I will take all your blame so you can stay can ease.'

"No, I don't need your help. I don't care about anything."

'Really, can you stand being abandoned?'

"I was already abandoned the day you entered Lotus Pier. It's nothing new!"

"Sect leader, is there a problem?" I looked towards the door to see Huizhong standing worriedly.

"No, nothing." I replied quickly. I can't believe I'm hallucinating right now. 

"Then I will take my leave, sect leader." I nodded my head and he left. I opened the nearest scroll and started doing my sect work.

After a few hours,

I lifted my head when I heard the knock on the door, "Come in."

"Sect leader, your lunch." A maid came in with a food tray. As I nodded my head, she placed it on the table in the inner chamber, where I usually eat lunch. It's connected to the study making it easy for me. She bowed and left soon after which I entered my inner chamber. 

It has a table joined with the wall and a single cushion facing towards the wall. I sat down and lifted the lid covering the bowel. As soon as I opened it, a delicious smell of Lotus root rib soup filled my nostrils, Bringing back memories.

'A-cheng, do you like it?'

"How can I not?" a sudden suffocating feeling rushed through me. Someone is suffocating me; I turned my head to find the two most important people in my life.

"Shijie! Y-you-r hur-rting me-e."

'A-cheng, do you really deserve it?' I tried to remove the hands off my neck but there was nothing holding me. Illusion! It's all fake. I should-

'Chengcheng, forget about the past. We are no longer brothers; you are the monster who killed me, and I am your victim.'

"No, you are my brother who abandoned me."

'Then why did you stab me, chengcheng~ Are you jealous?'

"No, get out of my head, you're not real."

'You're even eating my favorite soup, are you trying to be me? having my core won't make you me.'

"I did this all by myself, you were not there to help me like you promised."

'Really, with my core whatever you, it's all me, nothing is yours.'

Huizhong, "Sect leader Jiang!"

"What?" that's when I realized my clothes were messed up and my bun was almost down.

"When did you come in" I asked looking at Huizhong. He must think how pathetic I look right now.

Huizhong, "I called you a few times, but you did not respond. So, I came in."

He immediately did a 90-degree bow with a "I'm sorry for coming in, but... I was worried since..."

I sighed getting up and patting his back, "Don't worry about me and I will be going out tomorrow, if there is any important letter bring it now." Yes, sect leader."  I have to get rid of these voices. They might even kill me at this point.

Huizhong left and came back with a few scrolls and letters while I was tidying myself.

Huizhong, "We might have to go to the south, there has been some problem with the shipping. " 

"Fine, we will go there after I return." As I was going through the scrolls, Huizhong was fidgeting with his fingers. How annoying. "What is it?"

Huizhong, "Nothing..."

"Just say it." I looked up at him, waiting for him to talk. After some time, he finally opened his mouth. 

Huizhong, "I do not intend to be rude, but might I dare ask, where you are heading?" so that's what it is about, I guess telling him wouldn't hurt. "Gusu, Caiyi town." He had a surprised face, I guess he wasn't expecting me to answer him. He finally regained his composure and bowed with a, "Then I will take my leave." and left.

I guess I better finish these before tomorrow.

The next day,

Huizhong, "Are you sure you don't need anyone to come with you... sect leader." I rolled my eyes; does he think I'm a child?

"I already said this before, it's just a short trip, I will be back soon. Take care of the sect." He finally shut his mouth as I got on my sword flying towards Gusu.

In Gusu, Hanshi

Third Person POV

Sect leader Lan was Going through the scrolls and some documents since he wasn't in complete seclusion. Though he does not take in any visitors including his family, he does some of the paperwork.

While going through files, he wanted to correct a few of them. So he went towards the shelf, taking ink and related tools. As he turned around, his sleeve got stuck on a pile of paper and when he walked forward not noticing it, the papers fell down.

He placed the items on the floor and turned to the fallen papers. As he went through them, memories flooded his brain. The papers contained poems written by the former sect leader Jin.

He quickly pushed them away, not wanting to go back to stage one. Slowly but steadily, his breathing quickened. He stood up, rushing towards the door to go to a place with no memories of them. As he was about to open the door, he heard a lot of murmurings.

"I know right! I heard Hanguang-jun is going to start war with sect leader Jiang."

"Obviously! Sect leader Jiang was about to kill that Wei wuxian. If it wasn't for Hanguang-jun, he would have died."

Lan Xichen's POV

What are they talking about? how could Sect leader Jiang kill Wei wuxian. And what war? How could there be war without my knowledge? I should take a look.

"Did you hear? they say that sect leader Lan actually likes that prostitute's son."

"You mean Lianfang-jun."

"Yeah!"

I took a deep breath. Why do everyone think like that. Out of all the fake people I've met he was the only one who understood me along with da-ge. But he turned out... just like the others... I guess no matter how long I wait, no one will ever be true to me. I should leave this place. Everything here is suffocating. 

"I heard there's a new restaurant in Caiyi town.  We should go check it out!"

"Can't do, I have guarding duty today."

Maybe I can go check it out. It's better than here anyways. Should I go through the backdoor, no one will know. I walked towards the backdoor, as I exited, I realized my robes might attract unwanted attention, so I went inside to see if there is anything to change into.

I exited again now in a totally different outfit. I myself am surprised I have such a dress.

As it was noon time, most of the disciples were guarding or getting ready for lunch. I swiftly jumped of the wall and walked towards the mountain. 

Once I reached the entrance I went through the forest and finally exited. After a few minutes of walking, I reached Caiyi town. It was as lively as it will ever be. I should find that restaurant soon.

The dress

with this hat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 1.8K 17
━━ 𝐂 𝐎 𝐌 𝐏 𝐋 𝐄 𝐓 𝐄 𝐃 ━━ ︽ 🌕 🌔 ➤ When the juniors get transported 🌓 to the past. What happens when 🌒 chaos occu...
114K 9.4K 32
𖤍UNDER EDITING𖤍 Chapter Marked { ✔} are edited You save me every time whenever I am in danger. Exactly like Doraemon, he always saves Nobita from a...
39.9K 1.6K 21
Jiang Cheng lost the will to keep going on with his life. Why was everyone leaving him behind? Was he really so unlovable, that even his husband no l...
47.1K 3.1K 18
How stubbornness brought nothing but pain and tears to Xiao Zhan who gave deaf ears to his mother's warnings. Maybe something or someone might come t...